I spent three nights here after reading a quite a few reviews on tripadvisor so I was prepared in a way for how it might be, and was!
On checking in their server was down so I couldn't pay, this caused confusion the following morning when a different staff member had no idea who I was and whether I had or hadn't paid, which in turn resulted in me getting an unwanted email from bookit.com saying I hadn't turned up at the hotel. Anyway after many emails I got that sorted out and everyone agreed I was ACTUALLY there.
The bar was like what I would expect in a small Mexican pueblo, not near the centre of Cancun, it had hardly anything in it? When I ordered a wine they brought in this large flagon of what looked like home made to me, I did drink a glass and the next day had an upset tummy, but nobody forced me to drink it right??? The usual barman is a smiley chatty character but when he wasn't on the next day a rather tired sullen guy took his place.
The food, well it's true what everyone says it is all much of the sameness, but then I already knew it would be like that. As a vegetarian there was vegetables so I was happy.
Wifi, only worked in the lobby, I took a small room behind reception since it did get wifi in it, it was very basic, that's being kind about it,but the shower worked and i got my wifi, the t.v didn't and the window looked out onto the front car park so not a pretty view. The rooms round the swimming pool looked realy nice and they did have a good view, The beach area was extremely narrow but since it wasn't busy it wasn't a problem to get a lounger. I would recommend this hotel, but only for a few nights as I think after a few days the food, the lack of beach and instant wifi, the randon drinks bar and disorganised staff could easily get to you?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the line of the first resorts in the hotel zone of Cancun Imperial Las Perlas is a property that is located beachfront, has 6 buildings of 3 floors each, it is unique for having a restaurant on the sea from where you can appreciate the beautiful Island of Women. It is a 100% Mexican Hotel, for construction you can enjoy partial views of the sea area, pool or lagoon. Its location is perfect if you are coming for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Perlas Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Imperial Las Perlas
- Imperial Perlas Cancun
- Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Mexico
- Imperial Las Perlas Hotel Cancun