6,537 results
All reviews black hole sian ka'an kinky bar coba buffet sakura sunset benazuza restaurant vip bar kinky night club hippie chic grill foam party maki sushi bar taco swim up bar pirate ship italian place recommend this resort
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2016

First time staying at Oasis. I came with a group of 7. Overall it was pretty chill.
Highlights would be the foam party, the boat, and aqua aerobics.
Service was good. Everyone was really nice. We were able to get accommodated for our rooms and in restaurants. The rooms look cozy. The only down side was the noise at night. The restaurants overall were decent. My favourite would be the box,Mexican a La Carte, Moon Light and the black hole. The beach/pool area was great. The activities on their schedule seemed pretty fun.

The buffet and lobby can get really sweaty. (More so the buffet) The only thing you will ever get to an A/C would be the breeze from mother nature itself.

Room tip: Higher floors may be a lot quieter versus the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Dear Diane Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our cordial service and the wide variety of activities we offer. Our goal is also to provide a wide range of cuisines to cater to the different tastes of our guests, so we are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurants.
Thank you for choosing us as hosts to your vacation. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 11, 2016

I went with my mother for my birthday Apr 22-29/April 23. Pool/beach area was nice. Entertainment from the kinky club and boat cruise was pretty cool. I had a really good time on the boat cruise my last night:) Food was good nothing exceptional except I tried to get into the Sakura Sunset but they didn't allow us without a reservation and with all the excursions and day trips we just didn't get to doing that. I wish they would cancel that reservation system (restaurant looked pretty empty most times) since we are paying for the whole resort anyway.The international buffet downstairs air condition broke down and it was soo hot for a couple of days-unpleasant, but whatever, things happen. I thought it was also ridiculous that there is no wifi like???with the cost I have to pay extra for that?..mind you it was my first all inclusive experience and I am used to having wifi anywhere I go so I am not sure if thats normal, to be in a resort that charges for wifi...
Overall a good time -nothing extraordinary, can't really complain. I would recommend for couples, groups of friends &/or singles (I'm thinking of going back as a single, we'll see).

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

We had an appointment with the sunwing rep at 9:30 the day after we got there. He didn't show! We finally saw him at 11:30 and he wasn't too helpful. We booked an excursion and he didn't have the receipt so he would give it to us another day or give it to the front desk. How do you trust to go on the excursion with no written receipt?Stayed in room 318 (I believe) which is a level lower than the main level of the checkin area. It was near the burlesque night club, like a wall separating us so we could hear the loud music until 2:30 in the morning. We just turned on our tv to drown the music and were thankful we can sleep through anything. Light sleepers wouldn't. Definitely a couples resort. Not many activities to do or theatre to watch. No drink menus. We got sick from the food on the last 2 days so we had to just sit by the pool. Couldn't get supper reservations (especially to the black hole which we really wanted! We finally talked to the manager and he found us a table). Guess you need that special wristband to get good service. Buffet wasn't great. Moonlight restaurant was probably the best. You can travel to the different oasis resorts during the day. You can take The bus for 1$ one-way and the bus is at the end of the driveway. Ocean was nice but rough when we went. Didn't have pool side service until our last day there. We got maid service 3 days. At 3, 5:30 and 7:30!
The pools were nice. The back one was pretty quiet. We never saw anyone topless except at the foam party where the announcer makes it a contest of who can collect the most bikini tops. I was pretty disappointed in the resort to say the least. Only good part was it was adults only! But not high end anything

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Generally had a lovely time. The pool/beach area was great, all the restaurants were lovely especially Sakura Sunset for the food and the Black Hole experience. The rooms were a bit naff, we had to move twice, firstly on our second night because there was water leaking through the light fixtures over the shower, extremely dangerous. Second on our 5th night because the electronic lock system completely failed. There was little apology given each time, and we were made to feel like we were inconveniencing the front desk staf who were the only negative thing about the hotel. I appreciate things go wrong with rooms, but how the staff handle these things is how you judge a hotel and frankly the front desk were terrible. They reluctantly agreed to a late check out but when I asked to waive a room service charge I was told they would speak to the manager, but when I came to check out they denied all knowledge and basically told me I had to pay. The worst part about the front desk service was that we asked to pay to upgrade our room to the Sian Kaan club on 3 occasions are were told there were no rooms available despite the hotel website showing them as available to book for the week. Really let down by the front desk, all bar/restaurant/concierge and valet staff very helpful. Front desk awful and no manager prescence visible all week.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jameso557
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2016

Dear James O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to read that you had a lovely time at our resort and that you enjoyed the wide variety of cuisines we offer, in addition to our pools and beach. Nonetheless, we truly apologise for any experiences during your stay that were less than ideal. These, we can assure you, are not at all in keeping with the high standards we set ourselves.
Thank you for choosing us as hosts to your vacation, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon where you will find our front desk services much improved.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 10, 2016

My friend and I stayed here from May 2-May 9. Resort was great. The service was excellent. We had some issues with our safe and lock on our door and the staff was very efficient at getting it fixed as soon as possible. The food was excellent and the restaurants were excellent for the most part. The buffet was extremely hot though. The air conditioner was broken which made it hard to sit and eat comfortably. The air conditioner was broken all week while we were there. Also the kinky night club was extremely hot as well. It was fun but could only stay down there for so long because i believe the air conditoner was broken in there as well.

The pool was great and i enjoyed the pool activities every day. (Shout Out to Luis and Jonaton) You guys made it fun and i enjoyed the water aerobics and pool vollyball the most. The Wet bar was in a good spot and drinks were delicious. The Sunset Pool was a nice get away to go to when you wanted some quiet time which is located behind the resort and i enjoyed the DJ that was there sometimes (can't remember his name) he was an excellent host!!!

I loved the fact that it was adults only. The only thing i would change is more enteratinment at night time. I found after 11PM the resort was dead and there was nothing going on and the lobby bar closed at 11PM as well.

I would definetly return to this resort. I enjoyed my stay here and have mostly good things to say other than the AC. It's a great resort for couples and even friends to go to if you like the adult only feel.

Date of stay: May 2016