“Honeymoon @ Oasis Sens”

Ranked #81 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Newark, Ohio
“Honeymoon @ Oasis Sens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Honeymooned there from Feb 18 to Feb 23 of this year. Overall I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 very affordable for the middle class citizen. There were a few things I didn't like though it didn't cause me to not like the place. Booked the trip through cheapcaribbean.com all inclusive package. After arriving at the airport was taken to resort by Amstar whose driver was a very professional and nice. Upon arrival the doorman, Fidel greeted us and took our bags up to our room very funny guy. If I could change one thing about the beginning of the trip it would be to get our room faster. Understandable they had a lot of checkouts so there were a lot of rooms to clean. We slept the first night there we were exhausted the layovers will take a toll on you well worth it saved money on the round trip flight. After resting up we explored the resort there are plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from. We went to the Coba for dinner it is an international buffet lots of food to choose from. One of the people who stand out from there was Luis the host very nice. There were a lot of other people who went out of their way to help or answer questions. The bartender at Mr Wimpy's Francisco awesome guy best Pina Colodas ever. The VIP and Sunset bars also have awesome bartenders as well as the bar on the beach. Food wise Mr Wimpy's, Cabo, and Moonlight the pizza place had good food. When you go to Cancun don't be a tourist become a traveler, the bus only runs 1 USD don't waste money on a taxi cab it could 14 USD or more. Also don't bother with trip planners find out where you want to go and go straight to the source. For instance, we paid 130 USD to go to an island through one of the trip planners they are called time share people in the hotel. We looked in the USA today paper on the front desk counter and it listed the same trip for 30 USD for two round trip!!! For smokers bring your own in with you the Mexico equivalents are no match. They also do not sell Newports or a lot of menthol's you can get in the states. Another small complaint is that wifi should come with the price of the room or make it lower priced.

Room Tip: @ Oasis you want a room with an ocean view and a balcony that way you can sleep with the doors open...
1 Thank michael6899
Dear Michael,

We greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant. We will surely congratulate them for their amazing job.

Thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Commerce Township, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

So my wife, myself, and another couple spent 7 nights here 2/15 - 2/22. Both of our rooms were the standard room category in two different buildings. I own a travel agency so I take a lot of these comments with a grain of salt. I want to give a fair, but detailed review.

ROOMS:

The rooms were clean and the service staff did a good job or replenishing the towels and in-room refrigerator. Our rooms were 376 and 504. Again, in two different buildings. Many of the comments here complain about the air conditioning in the hotel. I can tell you they are 100% accurate. Both rooms had A/C units that constantly blew air. That's about it. The temperature was about 85 every day outside. Almost every night we woke in a sweat because the A/C units couldn't keep up.

Our room had everything to make coffee... except a coffee maker! We went to the front desk our first night and asked for a coffee maker to be put in the spot that was clearly made for one. That was on day 1. Day 7 we checked out with no coffee maker. The 2nd room had a coffee maker that was broken.

Our shower would take about 2 hours (no exaggeration) to drain. So, when you left the shower, you were standing in filthy water past your ankles.

Beds. This is always personal preference. For us and the other couple, they were uncomfortable.

Sleeping. Don't plan on it. Walls are paper thin and if someone above you moves one of the chairs in the room, it sounds like a thunderstorm. Tip to the hotel: felt pads on the bottoms of the chairs. Our room (376) must've been in some sort of service corridor, although I don't see how or why it would've been. First thing in the morning it sounded like a marching band every day.

POOLS:

Amazing. They were always clean and well maintained. There were a few past comments we wondered about referencing the location of the swim up pool bar. They were accurate. It is an odd layout. If you're in the main pool, that pool is lower than the swim up bar pool. It's an infinity pool type of layout. You have to exit the main pool, go up a flight of stairs, and then down another flight of stairs to access that pool. Again, it's odd, but there are other bars close by. It's not a complaint, just an observation.

Chairs: almost impossible to get during a busy week. The pool don't have enough chairs and umbrellas available. Mainly because you can't really fit anymore in that area. You'd get folks going down at 6am to put towels on chairs and then go to breakfast or on excursions. You could go most of the morning and never see someone sit in a 'reserved' chair.

BEACH:

Very well maintained. A few people would get upset when the lifeguards would blow the whistle at them and tell them they had to move over from one side to the other in the ocean. Those people had no idea what they were getting themselves into. There were strong rip currents out there that were marked with red flags. If you swam between the flags (which was a HUGE area) you were fine. When you were in the dangerous part, they were quick to move you. My complements to them. They were alert and observant the entire time. Same issue with the chairs though. Again, this was a busy week (mid-winter break in the U.S. for schools). So the hotel was very full.

FOOD:

Depends on where you went. The Italian and Mexican restaurants were nice. A good departure from "Wimpy's Burgers & Hot Dogs" and "Happy's Chicken". Both of those are on either side of the main pool. They worked well at serving their purpose (keeping food in people that were drinking all day). The Coba is the buffet. Not bad. I was disappointed that during breakfast there were no eggs out. If you wanted just scrambled eggs, you had to stand in the omelet line which, while was usually always long, moved at an ok pace.

TIPPING:

If you go to an all inclusive that tells you tipping is included, I find it EXTREMELY tacky and very 'low rent' when I see staff pushing for tips. Just be up front and tell people that tipping is encouraged so they know what they're walking into. The staff was ALWAYS friendly and accommodating. But you would see night and day difference between the people that tipped and those that didn't. TIP: Bring LOTS of singles for tips. The hotel will only give you change in Pesos.

HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH:

This really secured this hotel as one I wouldn't visit again because of this. These sales reps placed their table in the lobby in a strategic spot you couldn't avoid when you needed to get somewhere. There were anywhere from 4 to 8 of them milling about. Their job is to sign you up for "only a 90 minute presentation with lunch included". You're at an all-inclusive. Your lunch is always included. I did sit through it because I wanted to see what it was all about. It was 2 hrs 20 min. Bottom line... they open with a package to sell you that's $90,000. They know that's outrageous, so they 'impress' you with the next level down at $24,900. Of which you need to make a decision then. They tell you that because of Mexican laws, once you leave the country you can't contact them to purchase it. Sound fishy???

Even if you sit through the presentation, every time you walk through the lobby they HOUND you. Telling them no doesn't have much impact. I truly hope the hotel gets a huge cut of the sales, because everyone I talked with was pretty angry about the whole setup.

LGBT:

For those that don't know, that stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered. Oasis Sens is very welcoming of this group. Yes, you will see lesbian and gay couples at this resort. Just as you'll see male and female couples. There was nothing strange going on at the resort, and I was never offended by them no more than they were offended by me. If you are homophobic, then this isn't the resort for you. To each their own, but in my opinion, you waive your right to make any types of complaints regarding this if you book a vacation here.

For those couples and LGBT guests, I can tell you that this resort makes EVERYONE feel very welcomed.

TRANSPORTATION:

I wouldn't recommend taking taxis. The bus system is awesome! I kid you not, they drive by at least once every 60 seconds. If you don't know where you're going, just ask the hotel for a map and when you see you're getting close, press the call button on the bus and they'll stop at the next bus stop. It's $1 every time you get on.

TIPS TO RESORT:

1) I spoke with quite a few couples that did and did not participate in the sales presentation. Those that did were very put off by the sales approach. Those that didn't felt harassed. You even have people walking the pools that start talking to guests like they're there to help them, and then pressure them into these meetings. This was VERY off putting and really hurt the image of your resort.

2) COFFEE! Every resort that I've been to, and those around you, offer easy access to coffee. They don't make you pay the VIP fee for entry in the the one area that serves it. Most resorts have it available in the lobby 24/7. That little service goes a long way.

3) A/C. Fix them. When guests are uncomfortable, especially in high value rooms, that hurts your bottom line and eliminates repeat customers.

4) Pool food. Easy access to food is a huge benefit to customers. If you had burgers already made at Wimpy's for people to take, those lines wouldn't exist. Nacho, cheese sticks, chicken nuggets, and fries are all things you could make ahead of time and people wouldn't have to wait in those lines.

CONCLUSION:

As a travel agent, I would be apprehensive of sending people back to this resort because of 2 main reasons. 1) The irritating sales pressure. 2) Rooms (A/C, coffee, etc). I would have to be very up front with them making them fully aware of what they're getting themselves into. Since a travelers experience reflects back onto my business, I really can't send them into a place where I know that has these well document issues from other reviewers.

I believe the Oasis chain acquired this hotel from another chain not too long ago. I was impressed by the amount of people doing maintenance, enhancements, and up keep in this resort. All of this work was exterior and building related. I truly believe that when they get to where they want to be with that phase, they would begin working on the customer experience side of the house. Perhaps in a year or two I'll revisit this resort. Right now, I'd classify this resort as "open during renovations".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
24 Thank jasong127
Dear Jason,

Thank you very much for sharing such detailed comments, we greatly appreciate all the suggestions you mentioned, they certainly help us improve in order to satisfy the expectations of our future guests the best way possible.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience regarding the air conditioning, we had a minor problem with it but we informed our maintenance department right away to fix the issue.

We wanted to let you know that our staff is prohibited from demanding tips from our guests, thanks you for pointing out the incident so we can take action and avoid it in the future.

It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed of facilities and restaurant and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, best regards.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here Feb 8th - Feb 15th 2014. Let me just say that we were both very happy and impressed with everything at this hotel. We had asked for a room on a high floor with a balcony and we received both of these. Check in was an absolute breeze and nothing was ever an issue. Our room was cleaned everyday and the mini bar stocked as well. All without having to tip of course.

We ate at all but 2 restaurants and they were all very good. If I can say one thing, make sure you visit Benazuza (reservation required). This restaurant was absolutely amazing and a very nice way to spend Valentines day.

The only tip I would like to give any travellers that plan on going here is to get up early, throw a towel on the chairs you would like and then go back to bed. Don't worry, nobody will take it off and you can have your chairs all day long.

Look, I read plenty of reviews about this hotel and was a little concerned about the quality we were going to receive when we got there. All I have to say is NONE of those bad reviews are true. This is a great hotel and we would be more than happy to return here.

If you're thinking about booking here, please do it! You'll absolutely love your stay and have an amazing time away.

Thank you so much for our amazing winter getaway Oasis Sens!

4 Thank 41Dan
Dear Dan,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share such nice comments about your experience, we feel completely honored that your stay was amazing.

We are glad you were able to experience our Molecular Cuisine; it certainly is a unique dining experience. We will congratulate our entire team of our Molecular Restaurant which certainly do outstanding job, every dish that leaves the kitchen is a true delight and an authentic culinary experience.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you once again in the future, best regards.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Oasis Sens from Feb 7-13. We booked through CheapCaribbean.com. We were nervous about staying here because of all the bad reviews and almost changed hotels at the last minute, but I am glad we didn't.

After flying into Cancun and waiting in line for immigration for 2.5 hours (yuck), our shuttle dropped us off at Oasis Sens around 6:30 PM.

(Quick note, I booked a private airport shuttle through ESL ahead of time. For $47 roundtrip they picked us up and dropped us off at the airport to and from Oasis Sens. I would highly recommend doing this. ESL was great, they stood outside of the airport with my name on a sign, so they were easy to find and drove us in a private van. Very friendly drivers! It was easy to book online too.)

Anyway, we got to the Oasis Sens and were pretty exhausted. Upon arrival we went to check in and noticed a man who was yelling at the manager because his room wasn't ready. Needless to say, this made us very nervous about our room. While checking in, the receptionist called over a manager, who shoed us away from the front lobby and into the VIP lounge. At first, we thought they were going to tell us that they were overbooked and that we would have to go somewhere else, but Edwin assured us that we had a room and continued to check us in. Apparently, booking through CheapCaribbean gave us VIP status, so we had access to the VIP bar and coffee shop. After about 15 mins Edwin brought us to our room and that was that.

After reading the negative reviews, seeing that guy yelling in the lobby and talking to other hotel guests, it is apparent that this place is routinely overbooked. I have no idea why we were able to get in so late and have a room, while the guy in the lobby had been there since the early afternoon and had nowhere to go. It doesn't make sense and it shouldn't happen. I understand that the hotel wants to keep all their rooms occupied so they don't lose money, but they are managing their system terribly and they should address the problem.

Our room:
We stayed in room 619. It was on the lagoon side. It was spacious and fairly clean. We conducted a thorough inspection for bedbugs and there wasn't a trace of any. We had a king size bed that was plush and comfy. The shower had good water pressure. The toilets do flush slow, but they still work fine. Our balcony had a great view of the sunset, but also faced the cooling towers for the A/C, so it was loud outside.

The A/C:
First of all, I live in Minnesota, so I embrace being in a warm place during the winter. That being said, I have to say that the A/C in our room didn't do anything at all. Our room was pretty warm, but also really humid and stuffy. It was very hard to sleep because of the stuffy and humid air. I take fish oil gel capsules daily and they literally melted in the room. Since we faced the lagoon, our room did not get a breeze when the balcony door was open either. We talked to management about the A/C everyday and they sent someone to "look" at it about three different times during our stay. We tried to switch rooms, but they said they were booked. On the third day, they dropped off a pedestal fan to our room (per my request). It actually made a difference and we could sleep somewhat comfortably after that. One of the days, my wife went down to the front lobby to inquire about switching rooms because of the A/C problems and the front desk employee started yelling at my wife and sarcastically asked her "Do you know what full means?" This was obviously unacceptable, so my wife immediately went on trip advisor and wrote about it and gave Oasis Sens a horrible review. Later that day, management contacted her because of the trip advisor post. The next morning, before we had to leave, we met with Mr. Canada (that is his real name) who was in upper management. We explained our problems with the A/C and the very rude man at guest services. He apologized and said to let him know if there was anything he could do for us. Well, we were leaving for the airport in about 20 mins, so there wasn't, but he said to contact him the next time we think about staying in Cancun and that he would personally handle our reservations. His explanation for the poor A/C was that one of their cooling towers was down and that the hotel's system couldn't keep up with demand. He also assured us that they were working on it. I think our experience, along with others on TripAdvisor, tells me that the A/C is an ongoing problem that isn't really being fixed.

Service:
Other than the jerk who yelled at my wife, everyone else at Oasis Sens was very friendly and helpful. Bartenders and servers were accommodating and attentive. I am a tipper. I know that Oasis is "all inclusive," but you are expected to tip. Also, I think speaking Spanish goes a long way! Staff really enjoyed the fact I was at least trying to speak the country's language and it got us better service.

Food:
It is Mexico. Italian food in Mexico most likely won't taste like you're sitting in Sicily. That being said. We had very good experiences at Moonlight (Italian). The salad buffet at lunch was light and refreshing. The dinner menu had a very tasty caesar salad, good four cheese pizza, excellent pepper cream soup and some interesting tiramisu. Also, wonderful service!
The Mexican restaurant had very tasty and fresh salsa and guacamole. The chips were usually stale. For lunch I had a few different fish dishes and my wife had vegetarian fajitas, all of which were good. Their dinner menu had great tapas! The shrimp and fish tacos were excellent. The secret to this place is asking for "salsa picante!" The Mexican restaurant did have an entertaining Mariachi band!
The general buffet, Coba, had a great breakfast. Martha at the omelette station was the best! The dinner buffet was disappointing. We are vegetarians, so that probably didn't help. The sushi there left a lot to be desired.
We didn't get a chance to eat at the other restaurants with reservations or the poolside sushi place. We also didn't eat at Mr Whimpy's snack bar, since it was hot dogs and burgers.
Although we pretty much just ate the same three places, I was very happy eating it for 6 days.
The VIP coffee shop had great frozen coffee, but their coffee machine was never working.

Bars/Pools/Beach:
The beach was excellent! They raked and cleaned their beach every night so it was very clean! The water had some great waves for swimming, but not big enough for boogie boarding. We were usually able to get chairs on the beach everyday and we would get there by about 9am. We only sat on the sand once. Umbrellas get taken early, but I was there for the sun so I didn't really care. The beach bar made tasty pina coladas and never had more than 6 people in line. The swim up pool/bar was a great place to get sun as well. The swim up bar had great bartenders and would usually attend to me quickly. Getting a chair around any of the pools was nearly impossible, but we were mostly on the beach. There were not a lot of activities during the day, but I was there for the beach so I didn't mind. We walked up and down the beach one day and came to the conclusion that Oasis Sens has the nicest beach! We saw an acrobatic suspended ring show in the lobby one evening, it was awesome! Tip your bartenders! (It really isn't a big deal)

Experience:
I am a pretty laid back traveler, so I was able to overlook some minor flaws. I got plenty of beach time and sun on a beautiful white sand beach that was safe and clean, I really didn't need more than that. I came to relax and that is exactly what Oasis Sens allowed me to do. If you are looking for the same, I would recommend this place. If you want more to do, don't like to tip and detail oriented, don't stay here.

With that being said, I think this place has two major flaws:
1. Room reservation/booking management
2. Air conditioning

Despite those two flaws, (one of which affected us) I still enjoyed my stay here and would return- if I was guaranteed a beach side room.

2 Thank MisterFourEyes
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our adults-only concept and our calm and relaxed environment. We wanted to let you know that despide this, we still offer various moderate indoor and outdoor daily shows and activities to entertain our guests.

We are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you encountered with the front desk so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

Thank you for your observations and comments, we assure you that we are working on the details you mention to satisfy our guests.

We hope to see you again soon, best regards.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My g/f and I carefully reviewed all the options for a vacation to Cancun and chose the Oasis Sens over the others because of the expectation of an all inclusive, adult only, professional services experience. We got none of what we expected. Instead upon arrival we were told that our reservation although in their system was not going to be honored. It turns out this is the Oasis' scheme. They lure you to book at the more expensive Sens knowing that they don't have enought rooms and then when you arrive they shift your reservation to one of their other properties. After two hours of haggling with their "management" they admitted they never had enough rooms, "this is an annual issues which has been going on for over 7 years". They bait you with the luxury adults only and switch you to a lesser $ room and offer no payment of the difference of money. The staff at the Sens has this routine down solid. Every representative from Elizabeth and Judy at the front desk to Jonatan the "head concierge" know the scheme. They all blame "central reservations" and they have no control and no actual money to issue refunds. And yet as we and several other disrespected guests sat and awaited a solution, we watched dozens of airline employees check in with no problem. It seems the Sens is all more about screwing the customer than about luxury service. Do NOT BOOK Here, you will not get your room!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
8 Thank Tim H
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Sr. Harman,

Our hotel’s general management would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

We did an investigation regarding your incident and contacted the corresponding departments and staff members you mentioned to verify the information. We would like for you to contact us at info@oasishoteles.com to do a proper follow up of the situation.

Furthermore, we would like to thoroughly review your observations, which we fully respect, however we believe we can clarify certain comments you mentioned.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies and we are at your full disposal, best regards.

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Colorado springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This was my surprise from my husband on our 1st anniversary. Perfect beach view from our top floor balcony!
The good:
1. gorgeous view of the sunrise and moonrise daily.
2. Comfy bed with romantic sheer curtains and cool colored lighting to use if you want.
3. Huge towels and a nice shower setup with a half glass wall instead of a door or curtain
4. Air conditioning
5. Security lock box
6. Decent USD-peso exchange rate at front desk
7. Good diverse buffet
8. Beach has whit sand, turquoise water, and a nice waist-deep walk out for several meters in the middle of the hotel's beach strip
9. Muerdeme mucho (the Mexican restaurant) was pretty good
10. Al Sur (a Mediterranean style restaurant) was awesome. You get served about 10 courses, almost everything on the men up, and it was all good. Many different tastes!
11. Service at Muerdeme mucho, the buffet, and Al sur was great!
12. Gorgeous pools
13. Several places to lounge with different views and atmospheres, including indoor and outdoor sunset views.
14. Staff all spoke Spanish to us primarily, then went to English if we didn't understand (would have been cool to brush up on my Spanish before visiting, but like I said, it was a surprise)
15. Surprise outdoor "native" drums and dancing show at 9pm two of the nights we stayed. Very cool!
The bad:
1. Our toilet flusher broke on our second to last day and we were told someone was being sent up "right away" but it never happened. We took the lid off the tank and had to reach in to lift the flapper. It was rusted out and gross in there, probably needs to be replaced.
2. Shower water temperature got hot, but was a bit difficult to control for a nice hot, but not scalding shower.
3. Food at the Italian restaurant. We had the pizza the first day and dinner our last night, and it was all awful, unfortunately. And it was difficult to get drinks (water) or refills all night.
4. Buffet not open for lunch
5. If you get a panini from mr wimps, ask for no cheese. I generally like all cheese, whether real or fake, but this stuff was so gross. The sandwich would have been fine without the nasty cheese. Oh and it took forever to get food there.
6. Ice cream is in small not-so-good cones, and I'm pretty sure it's soft serve frozen yogurt, not ice cream. I got strawberry one day, but was then told there was only chocolate another day. Lots of cool topping options though. And nice service from the woman working there.
7. Salespeople making us talk to them, taking our time away from enjoying the resort.
8. Finally figured out how to check our messages after 3 different sets of directions from the front desk staff. But then did not know the secret pass code needed to access our messages. We're never given one nor did we ever set one up. No one could tell us how to figure this out. I imagine there are several messages from past guests on the phone still. Haha.
9. The bell hop at the front greeted us fine, but took our bags and held them for delivery to our room. Seemingly fine, as we had things to accomplish before changing, etc. but we didn't have our bags 45 minutes later, even though someone was delivering bags to our neighbors on our floor. I went down to investigate, as all I really wanted for traveling all day was to change and go to the pool or beach. Our bags were the only two sitting out front. So we just took them up ourselves, which we could have in the first place anyway.
10. They kept running out of towels at the kiosk by the pool. We got two only once the whole time! They do give you two in your hotel room, but we had already dirtied ours on a previous excursion.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us recognize our areas of opportunity so we can provide a better service in the future.

It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities and entertainment. Our staff is always working hard to satisfy our guests so they can have an amazing experience.

We are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered, we will be paying special attention to the maintenance of our facilities to avoid any issues in the future.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again, warm regards.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Oasis Sens from Feb 10th-17th. We were travelling with 2 other couples, none of us experienced any long waits, our rooms were ready upon arrival. After checking in at VIP we decided to go back and get our luggage, we didn't want the hassle or long wait for the cases to be delivered to our room.
We had room 196, if you are lucky enough to get in this area, the room view is amazing, and that's about as amazing as it gets, room AC was not even on when we got to our room so we entered into a hot muggy room, the AC did not work well our entire stay, there was a very distinct sewage smell coming from our washroom/shower, the fridge was not on and did not work, we requested at VIP and someone did come and take a look, worked better after that, we did have WiFi included, so all you VIP bookers make sure all your dealings are with VIP NOT the front desk, the front desk told us that WiFi was not included that we would have to pay daily to have it, what a load of BS, went to VIP, they gave us an access code and we were on our way.

The food was mediocre, we ate at the Italian, Mexican, Buffet we experienced the "box" be prepared to leave hungry and every glass or bottle of wine you have will cost you money, plus an expected tip!
Breakfast was always good, Martha did a fantastic job preparing eggs anyway you want them every morning, the fruit and juices were wonderful
We ate at Mr Whimpys, that was good, Happy Chicken was also not too bad, but a very long wait to be seated most of the time.

The entertainment was ok, they put on several shows the week we were there, mostly in the lobby, they did a show by the pool, they were better than any other resort I have been to.

Tony that did the volley ball and water entertainment was a really nice guy, fun to be around, someone who certainly enjoyed his job and it showed!!

Drinks were not the best, everybody gets the same choice of booze, VIP's have nothing special, there is no top shelf booze here, if you request a certain type of alcohol other than the low grade stuff they serve, they will charge you! $14 grey goose vodka..1oz..not a joke!!!

Be prepared to set your alarm clock if you want any type of a lounger at the pool or on the beach. People do get up at 5 am to reserve with towels and books. Not exaggerating!!!!

There are steps everywhere on this resort, lighting at night is very poor, you really do have to be careful, we saw several people throughout our stay take a tumble.

All in all. We had an ok vacation, had it not been for that fact that we had one of the best views ever, it could have been very disappointing, we made the most of it, tried to overlook all the little annoyances, enjoyed the pools, the beach, the people, we were fortunate to meet some great couples, what it comes down to is if you let the little things bother you, it will spoil your holiday.

I will be back to Cancun, however I will not be staying anywhere near Cancun, I will for sure be taking the 45 min bus ride to Playa Del Carmen area, in my opinion this area can't be beat!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank CNDchick
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, your comments are very important to us since they are our main tool for improvement.

We wanted to let you know that we have a policy that specifies that our guests cannot reserve a lounger at the pool or the beach for more than an hour without being used, we are working on enforcing this policy to avoid any inconveniences.

It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed our entertainment. An important part of our effort is to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to achieve it.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future, best regards.