“Trip of a lifetime!”

Ranked #79 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Carbondale, Illinois
“Trip of a lifetime!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family and I stayed at Oasis Sens last week. We were very impressed with every aspect about the resort. The view is spectacular, the food out of this world and the service incomparable. There are lots of bars to choose from that are excellent, but my personal favorite was the Sunset Bar. Ricardo was our bartender, and he was amazing. He was fun, friendly and eager to please. I look forward to making it back to Oasis Sens in the future.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank KaciJayde
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Cancun. It is a pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a pleasant time at our hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed our great variety of restaurants and bars, facilities and especially our personalized service. We are proud to say we have a staff always ready to give their best at all times and create positive experiences for our guests.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future, best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,082)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were there Dec.28 - Jan. 3rd and overall had a very enjoyable time. We were upgraded to a very nice oceanview room with a balcony, as it was our anniverary. We found the staff to be very accomodating - polite and always greeting you. We travel globally and stay in 4 - 5* hotels and find alot of these negative comments must be the people. Food was very
decent, the beach was beautiful and the New Years Eve celebration was fantastic. In fact all the shows were great. So - go with the right attitude - it's a 4* and it's Mexico and you will have agreat time!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Weezie007
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed our New Years Eve celebration and our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.

It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we will surely congratulate them for their terrific job.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Amazingly beautiful and excellent restaurants, especially loved the Italian! Was not impressed with the service overall in the bars and reception.

They lacked in having enough staff at ALL bars to cater to all the guests, and check-in is a nightmare, especially if you are with Sunwing! After being locked in the bus while they unloaded our bags, we were sent to VIP along with 30 others checking in with only one employee.

I would recommend this hotel. It was very fun, I loved that it was adults only, the Kinky bar is great fun, and the pool is amazing :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kaylabeiler
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Kayla,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our adults only concept and our calm and relaxed environment.

We are glad the restaurants, facilities and entertainment we offer met your expectations. An important part of our effort is to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to achieve it.

We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you soon again.
Cozumel
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed in Oasis Sens Cancun with a friend for 3 weeks between Dec 2013 and Jan 2014. In our opinion, there were many negative aspects of the hotel that you should not find in a 5 star hotel.

1. There are many rooms without a terrace and unless you specify in your reservation that you want a terrace, you will not get one. The room with a terrace is 340 USD more expensive and we were not informed about that in advance.

2. There are no fresh towels on the beach every day. In a unusual process, you do not exchange your towels at the beach but bring them to reception where, most of the times, they do not have fresh ones to give you and you end up with the same wet one.

3. Bad attitude of the staff overall - not friendly, not helpful, not accommodating - with the shocking example of the meter/greeter at the Italian Restaurant who would not allow us to take a table in the terrace when all were free.

4. The buffet restaurant also had very bad service with too much wait for anything you need.

5. The food is an insult to Mexican cuisine. I had been in Mexico before and I appreciate the food but unfortunately here I could not enjoy any of it. It was practically inedible.

6. The sign "do not disturb" on the door is ignored by the cleaning staff. And rooms are not cleaned every day. One day we even ran out of toilet paper.

7. At the swimming pool the mattresses are all wet because nobody collects them when it rains.

In general, we think that this hotel should be downgraded from its 5 stars because it does not provide basic service.

A couple of positive points -
The infrastructures and location are good.

Guadalupe from the Mexican restaurant was very helpful and provided a proper 5 star service.

Cobo Restaurant also had good personnel.

Oriental Restaurant had superior service.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with a balcony because there are many rooms without it and if you don t spe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CrisCozumel
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Cris,

We are very sorry that we haven't met your expectations; we would like to apologize and let you know that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to satisfy our distinguished guests as good as possible.

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted with our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a few days here to ring in the new year. It was a great get-a-way and served its purpose for relaxation. The rooms were spacious and well maintained (although the day after NYE service was a little slower but I attribute that to being up late). They provided beach towels and there were a lot of options for sun seating. I'd recommend getting up early to go down and reserve a chair (by 6 am) because they fill up fast. The beach in front of Oasis Sens is very nice as well with umbrellas, beds, chairs etc. Bring a lot of smaller change to tip the staff (dollars or pesos). This is a nice gesture and ensures they'll remember you after a few thirsty moments. The pool bar (in the pool....gotta get wet) was a favorite for piña coladas! There are several eating options but my favorite was the Italian joint! The fettuccine was amazing! Highly recommend it! Wifi was about $10/day and spotty in the room but much better in the main areas (maybe it was just our room?). The r1 and r2 busses pick up and drop off in front if you want to venture out and head down the road. It's 10 pesos (actually 9.50) or about a dollar. Worth a trip down if you want to try some different food or do a little shopping. The ride is about 10 minutes 1 way. Overall, this was a great trip and I would recommend this spot for anyone looking to relax and enjoy some fun in the sun!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dusty S
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to greet you and at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. Likewise express our appreciation for the flattering words we received from your stay with us.

It is great to know that you have enjoyed your vacations we are delighted to have met your expectations. We are glad you liked our adults only concept and our calm and relaxed atmosphere.

We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you soon again.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friend and I left on January 1, 2014 for a 5 day all inclusive stay at the Oasis Sens in Cancun. It was rated as 4 Star accommodations in our information. Because of possible bad weather we stayed the night at the Four Point Hotel at the air port the night before our flight. When we arrived at the airport there was an Apple representative there to assist us. He was very helpful and walked us through each step and what to expect on the other end.
We boarded and the flight was lovely. We were instructed to look for the Apple representatives in the bright shirts. This portion of our trip was flawless. We arrived to the hotel and were given no instructions as to where we should go. We went to the front desk and waited in line for about a half hour. Not too long of a wait, if we were going to get to checked in. We got to the front of the line only to find they could not locate our reservations. We were then sent to the “VIP” area where we waited for another half hour. Still, nothing was clear. Both of the young people checking us in admitted they were new and didn’t know much. Finally they gave us our bands and told us our rooms would not be ready until 3pm. The instructions given to us were simply a piece of paper with times of dining and entertainment. No explanation was given of any details. If we asked for details the response was that they didn’t know.
At noon we went to lunch at the Mexican restaurant downstairs. I was surprised that there were no elevators and many, many stairs to go anywhere. I would have thought there would have been some mention of that in the printed information. It is very difficult for me to negotiate stairs….especially that many. The food at lunch was, “ok.” However, our server, Raphel, was unpleasant and I would say down-right rude. When I asked for something two different times, he rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue in disgust.
After lunch we walked through the lobby and a very nice woman from the hotel offered to help us. Her name was Helena. She appeared to be employed by the hotel according to her uniform and name tag. She went through the schedule and helped up sign up for the Pirate party given by the hotel on board a ship. She asked which tours we were looking to book and said we shouldn’t book them with the location already set in the hotel. She “invited” us to breakfast the next morning and would “set us up” with someone from the hotel who would offer discounted tours.
At 3pm, on January 1 we checked into our room. I showered immediately. The room had a very musty smell, so I turned the AC on cooler to take the dampness out of the room. The toilet didn’t flush and we had to take the cover off the tank to “jiggle” it to make it fill and flush. The drain in the shower was very slow and I was standing in over 6inches of water after my shower. The lights in the main area of the room did not work. The smell was the worst of all.
I complained at the desk about the slow draining shower, non-flushing toilet, and the smell. I was assured it would all be taken care of while we were out for dinner. When we came back my key wouldn’t open the door. Every time from that point on my key would work only one time and I need to go to the desk to get a new one, EACH time I went to my room. The thing that struck me funny about that is they NEVER once asked for ID or my name. I would just say my room number and they give me a new key. Once I got back into the room the first night I realized they didn’t let anymore wash cloths. I went to the desk and they said they didn’t have any at night and they would bring them to me at 8am the next morning. Long-story-short on that. I asked at least 10 times for wash cloths and NEVER got ONE the rest of the stay until I took some off the housekeeping cart myself the last night I was there.
Every day I reminded them that the shower didn’t work and the toilet didn’t flush. We continued to take showers in standing water and taking the cover off the take to flush for the entire trip. They did, however, change the light bulbs.
January 2, 2014 we had breakfast and met for our tour and information. Helena introduced us to a young man who took us on a tour of the property. THEN to see someone about buying a time-share type product. HE KEPT US THERE FOR 3 HOURS. THEY WERE SELLING TIME FOR THE OASIS HOTELS. THEY SAID SO THAT WE WOULD BOOK WITH THEM AND NOT APPLE OR FUNJET TYPE ANGENCIES. From the start we said we were not interested. Of course that is 3 hours we will never get back and there were NO discounted tours unless we purchased a $89,000 package. That’s right $89,000. About our first 24 hours were tied up with a scam developed by this hotel.
The smell in the hotel didn’t get better. We developed headaches from the mold and mildew. We sought medical attention yesterday (January 7, 2014) and was told he now has pneumonia from that poor air quality from the hotel.
I have been washing clothes and many, or I should say, most are ruined because that odor cannot be washed out. The ones that are the worse were the ones that were not worn and just hung in the closet while we were there.
The night before we left I cut all my bracelets off and packed them away for keepsakes. NO ONE EVER MENTIONED that we needed our bracelet to check out. I waited in line, again for more than 30 minutes to check out and our van was to be there at 10am for our noon flight, so time was running out. There were only 3 agents on the desk and all were busy with unhappy guests. When it was my turn they told me I needed to dig in my bags for the band or pay $150. After some heated discussion they let us go without paying. It is my belief that is their way to scam guests out of another $150. When we got to the airport I was hoping to see someone from Apple to help make some sense to what had just happened and no one was there.
To summarize this letter: There was no “poor” customer service in this trip, there simply was no service. This hotel was not a 4 star, as stated by employees of the Sens, it was “a 2 Star.” I would rank it worse that most Super 8 motels I’ve stayed in. The mold was not only uncomfortable it was dangerous. My partner is very ill and may need to be hospitalized from it and I have lost about $500 worth of clothes. Ladies and gentlemen, this is no way to do business.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank roxy0222
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Roxy,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the reception desk, but we have a specific time to check-in in order to ensure that our rooms are as perfect as possible so our guests can enjoy them. Despite this, we allow our guests to use our facilities as soon as they get to the hotel so they can start relaxing and having fun.

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

Best regards.

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2014

All good things Must-(Really) come to an end!
Coming back to my busy life & the sub temperatures was hard- I Still feel for a hot relaxing siesta time by the infinity pool after lunch at 'Happy Chicken' or 'Moonlight' (Tuna to die for) or 'Muedermo'.

I had been to another resort in Cancun in Feb 2013 -I did not know what to expect at Oasis Sens . Different resorts are for different moods & clientele! My trip this time was a getaway with my two girlfriends!!

The Service, Ambience, Food & Entertainment was Excellent at Oasis Sens!!!
My stay was quite a busy full house period spanning New Year's (Dec 27 -Jan-3).

Names of some great service excellence employees: Eber, Edwin -(Front Desk)
Ricardo-(Piano Bar) Sabina-(Recreation), Carlos, Christian,-(Moonlight Italian Resto) Rafael, Daniel, David-(Coba Buffet) Fidel -(Front Door) & Joel @ (Happy Chicken)--There are many I interacted with, but these employees did important little things along the way which made for an enjoyayable experience.

We were on the 8th floor with an oceanview -so great to wake up to-Love the marble tiles throughout the entire facility-Clean & spacious Lobby-Lots to do in the Lobby area- place for reading- coffee shoppe-bar- VIP & many lounge areas. Lot of access to to pool & beach. Rooms were cleaned & refreshed even if late due to busy season-but we left @ 9am for breakfast took our beach bags with whatever & returned by 5pm for chilling shower & Dinner/Dance. We had no reason to be there in the daytime lol so that worked perfect!

Still don't know which wins, the Rotisserie Chicken @ Happy Chicken (worth the wait in line) OR my tuna lunch @ Moonlight.-- luv em both! Coolest part is the ocean is rightin view while you eat n sip on beer, wine or whatever... I did try the other foods like the Sushi, Arabic,Tapas, Buffet & Mexican They were all interesting! To each his own!

Entertainment! Entertainment! Awesome Master of ceremonies! Kinky niteclub is definitely for adults or we could not be @ this resort which is an open adult resort. Something for everyone!! I enjoyed high quality cabaret shows and the talent was immense. Not your traditional animation team @ most resorts lol...More Broadway-Lively Bright & Fun- Much owed to the MC-well done!! Open Dance Floor after was my favorite! Worked off all the food I ate all day : ))

The New Year's Eve Nite was unbelievably top notch!
The Captain Hook boat cruise---A Big Smile Bonus - (the Thursday nite before leaving Cancun)

Great atmosphere!
Thanks for a memorable vacation to you ALL @ Oasis Sens!

Room Tip: The Local Bus is 24hours- $1- Great to get around and feel the culture of the people especially Mark...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank paststudent
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such detailed comments with TripAdvisor’s readers, we feel completely honored that you had an amazing time at our hotel.

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer. We are proud to say we have a staff always ready to give their best at all times and create positive experiences for our guests.

We hope to see you again soon and do not hesitate on contacting us if we can assist you with anything on your next stay.