Grand Oasis Sens
$236
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$352
$508
$405
5,643 results
All reviewsblack holesian ka'ankinky barcoba buffetsunset barsakura sunsetvip barbenazuza restaurantkinky night clubfoam partymakihippie chic grilloasis resortssushi bartacopirate shipitalian place
Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we booked this hotel we didn't read the small print. We only saw 'Adults', and being seniors we thought that would refer to us. But no! There were mainly young people as well as gay and lesbians. But we loved our stay anyway. It was fun to see everybody having fun. And yes, the kinky club was there, too. Oh, wouldn't it be great to be young again..... Our room (715) was gorgeous, with a balcony overlooking the pools and the ocean. It was spotless and the mini bar was looked after every day. And the pools are outstanding, so was the entertainment. The only negative experience we had was that there were really only 2 restaurants open: The Italien and the Mexican (besides the ones you have to pay for). And the hotel is not ideal for seniors - to many stairs.

Room Tip: 6th, 7th or 8th floor with ocean view and balcony. We had 715 and loved it.
3  Thank ucosandier
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our facilities, rooms and entertainment.

An important part of our effort is to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to achieve it.

We look forward to welcoming you once again; please feel free to contact us prior to your arrival if we can assist you with anything to make your next stay a unique experience.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled here sept 9-16, 2013. The week started off well, but as the week went on, things kind of fell apart at the hotel. Beach towels weren't available for the last three days, towels and other things in our room weren't being replaced. The beach was nice though the waves were choppy/strong (i'll attribute that to tropical storm having happened before we got there).
Food was good, repetitive but I found things I enjoyed so I was happy. Marco at the sushi bar was awesome, super nice and would create unique rolls not on the menu for my boyfriend and I. He was a gem. Alessandro at the Spanish tapas bar was also an amazing waiter, loved him! Explained the tapas to us, helped us take everything inside when it began to rain.
The hotel is LGBT friendly, which I have absolutely no problem with however my partner gets a bit uncomfortable. The beginning of the week there was not too many people at the hotel, towards the end of the week the hotel exploded, there were more gay and lesbian couples so if you or your partner are either homophobic or uncomfortable this hotel probably isn't the place for you. Also, the last night before we left, the nightclub at the hotel was closed off and a "freaky friends" swingers party was held, that was kind of where my comfort level declined. I didn't enjoy seeing scantily clad older women, see through clothes, just wasn't my cup of tea.
The Moroccan restaurant was never open while we were there because the weather was poor and it was an open ceiling restaurant.
Personally I don't think I would recommend this place to my friends, only because the service just declined as the week went on. :(
Granted, we got this hotel on a very good price so for what we paid for, eh.

3  Thank Steph C
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Steph,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and opinions with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

As we explain to our guests, we had technical problems with our Laundry and tried to rectify them as soon as possible. We are truly sorry if this caused some issues.

Regardless of the setbacks, we are extremely happy to know you were able to enjoy our facilities, restaurants and service. We greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to enhance your experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a great week at Oasis....until the end. The food was ok (skip the sushi and italian, hit the Moroccan and the Tapas), the water and beach beautiful (though surf is rough and you have to go elsewhere to snorkel), the room was basic but fine and with a great view of the ocean and pool. Service was sporadic; overall friendly, but generally unresponsive when there was trouble (mini bar wasn't stocked consistently, rooms not cleaned in a timely fashion, a lot of leaks, in room and throughout hotel). Drink service was sporadic at best. An overall ok experience. Amusing nights in the bar, with shows that ranged from awesome to subpar. But the big disappointment and reason I will never return to Oasis Sens came when my friend and I rented a SMART car in the lobby. Truly disturbing experience with this rental service and company, and with Oasis. We rented the SMART car and got a flat on the way home from Tulum. There was no spare! Two ladies stranded on the side of the road in the middle of night on busy highway. Called the number on our rental agreement and they sent a man out who changed our tire and chastised us for the damage to the rim. We were shocked. Got home, got some rest, and next morning, told the rental folks what had happened, that there was no spare and that we were blamed for the flat and damage to the rim. Surprisingly, they proceeded to tell us they were keeping our $600 deposit and would be in touch later to let us know how much we owed them to replace the tire! I spent the next two hours in the lobby trying to talk sense to them and to the hotel management. Oasis Sens says they are not affiliated with this company nor responsible for them, but Oasis Sens name is all over the rental contract and plastered all over the car. Frankly, the whole thing was extremely disturbing and looks terrible for Oasis Sens. Sending folks straight from their lobby out in ill-maintained cars without spare tires and then charging them for repairs and maintenance is pretty awful and totally unsafe. We had a great week at the resort, but now, would never do business with Oasis Sens again. My credit card company is disputing the charge and I am hoping to get the management of Oasis to cease doing business this way, so that other customers aren't harmed. In a nutshell: don't stay at the Oasis, and if you do, don't rent the car!

5  Thank melRaleigh

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience, we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered regarding the Smart Cars.

We wanted to let you know that as stipulated on the contract, the Smart Car rental is an additional service provided to hotel guests by an independent company. Our hotel is not responsible; the liability is based on the customer’s contract signed when the car is rented.

When the car is handed over to the lessee, the Smart Car staff carefully explains all the details and the client signs an inspection letter if he/she agrees.

When renting a Smart Car, the client has to leave a deposit as guarantee and through the contract authorizes the company to use all or part of the deposit if there is any damage or incident while the lessee is in possession of car.

Regardless of the setbacks, we are extremely glad you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our beautiful beaches and entertainment.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed there from September 16-23 in an ocean view room.
Low and behold, this was the same week this kinky club group booked and overtook the hotel.

We had VIP and could not go to the gym because you had to walk through the rear VIP area where this group was frolicking about naked and engaging in some activity fit for the bedroom!

The Arabian restaurant which was the restaurant I was looking forward to eating at was closed. Why? Because this restaurant is located in the VIP area outside! They finally opened it up when the group left, however because it rained, they canceled our reservation.

The food was very bland and the same thing every single day. Some waiters do not understand English and can't even take your order without getting it wrong. I have stayed in 3, 4 and 5 star hotels and this is by far, the absolute worst choice of restaurants and taste.

Puddles of water, sweaty floors, mold, towels and buckets throughout the hotel. Not a joke and not exaggerating.

Room stank, cannot open the sliding doors without using 2 hands and sometimes I had to get my boyfriend to open it for me. If you like taking showers in your own filth, then this is the place. The water did not drain and the standing water would go up to 3-4 inches. The bed sheets stunk and there was hair all over the comforter when we first check in.

Ordered room service and the food was cold and tasteless. It also arrived after 1 hour.
Benazuza...it was good but I found a tad overpriced. The restaurant could seat 200 people but we were the only ones in it for the first 30 minutes where 2 other couples eventually came. Would not eat there again.

Beware...vacation club presentation at the grand oasis promises 700 pesos, a car rental of $$ off the Benazuza. We chose 700 pesos only to be told at the end of the presentation that it was 700 Oasis pesos. The guy from Oasis Sens felt bad so he ended up bringing us a bottle of Tequila the next day.

Beach was absolutely beautiful but all 7 days had red flags up.

Staff very friendly and I have nothing negative to say about front desk, waiters, maids, bartenders.

The unfortunate thing is that we did read the negative reviews and thought that they might have been exaggerating. I wish I had listened.

The sad part is, The Oasis Sens seems to respond the same way to all negative reviews in a copy paste format for a long time now. These issues are not new and should have been looked into. It is evident to me that management is profiting from their guests and not even offering any compensation for us.

For 6 days, we could not go to the Arabian restaurant, the gym or the beautiful pool in the VIP area with nice beds. Apologies do not cut it at all when we are spending our hard earned money, And with experiences like this, why would we want to come back for the hotel to make it up to us. Why not address and compensate while we are already on site?

Room Tip: Ocean View
2  Thank lisa j

Dear Lisa,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments with us. We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations and apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.

Due to the size and needs of this particular group we designated a private area in order to give both the group and our other guests some privacy and to avoid any uncomfortable situation between the two. For us it is essential that all of our guests feel comfortable so they can have a pleasant stay.

Regarding your comments on our food options, we wanted to let you know that each of our restaurants offers a unique concept and we offer high quality food. Furthermore, we are always working to change and renovate our selection of meals to provide new and varied options in our restaurants and to give our guests more alternatives to enjoy.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any inconveniences we caused.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I realize that I am very late in writing this review, but since I always check TripAdvisor before booking a hotel, I felt that my review would be better submitted late than never.

As a group of 4 (2 couples) we travelled to the Oasis Sens in Feb 2013 for a winter getaway. Overall, we had a good time at the resort. It was a little smaller than the AI's that we normally go to, but it was a nice change for us.

We upgraded our rooms to the Sian Kaan Club Suites, with the pools on the balconies. Our room was right above the beach bar, our friends' room was right by the sushi bar. Not very private, but we didn't really mind. Would we do the upgrade again? Absolutely not. Although we did love taking a dip in the plunge pool at the end of the day, we didn't feel that the extra money was justified. We were supposed to get lots of other amenities with this upgrade (at least according to Sunwing), but we didn't see a single one during our stay, and neither did the peopel who were staying in the rooms surrounding ours. Welcome cocktail? Nope. Welcome gift in room? Nope. Upgraded mini bar? Nope. Fruit basket in room upon arrival? Nope. VIP amenities? Nope. We got exactly the same stuff in our room that everyone else got. Did I really care? Well, obviously not enough to complain, so I have no recourse there.

We had no complaints about the food at the resort, and found the selection at the buffet to be quite good. Every person in our group has very different tastes, and everyone found something to eat at the buffet. We also ate at the Mexican and Mediterranean restaurants, but found the food at the buffet to be fresher and better. For lunch, we normally headed to the Italian restaurant, the food was quite good, I enjoyed the selection of salads and lighter fare like grilled fish. The "chicken hut" seemed to be a favourite with lots of people, but it was simply too hot and too crowded for us. We enjoyed cooling off in the air conditioned lunch spots!!

There was no shortage of alcohol at the bars, but the quality was very poor. Asking for a vodka & soda sent the bartenders into rounds of laughter as they delivered "Mexican gasoline and water". The alcohol quality at the VIP lounge was much better, but the bartender told us that they are only allowed to open 1 bottle of each kind of alcohol per day, and when it's gone, it's gone (and in some cases, they were only allowed a bottle a week, as with rye). We were very happy we stopped at Duty Free on the way down and brought our own alcohol with us so we could have a palatable drink from time to time! The VIP coffee bar was great, our only complaint was that it opened too late in the morning - we are morning coffee lovers and wanted a cup of good coffee before 10 am!

The guests at the resort were, for the most part, very pleasant, but we did see some bang up fights between the Europeans (mostly Russians) and other guests. We personally didn't have any problems with any other guests, but I was entertained watching the fights over beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, etc. that some people had. Loungers and beach umbrellas were in short supply, so we did find that we had to get up by 5 am every day to reserve chairs out by the beach, otherwise we were sitting on the sand on our towels. There is lots of room - they need more chairs when the hotel is at capacity.

Nightly entertainment was fine, a couple of the shows were actually quite good, and nice and short. There were no cheesy shows like at other resorts we have been to (Miss 'name of resort" pageant, Michael Jackson show, etc.) and the Cirque du Soleil-type show was quite good. We are not huge fans of the nightly entertainment, and prefer to chill by the bar, so perhaps we're not good judges of entertainment overall.

We did not rent the Smart Cars, as we heard awful reviews about guests being ripped off by the rental company. Instead, we took the city bus into Cancun for an afternoon - a very nice ride, the city buses are all air conditioned and have free wifi, and the trip cost us $1 per person, each way. Definitely a deal, and we felt absolutely safe. In fact, it was mostly tourists on the bus, so we met some great people!

Overall, we felt that the trip was a 3.5 out of 5. A little better than average, but not really great. But we had a good time, were entertained and fed, and as for not getting what we paid for - we didn't complain so can't say anything about it after the fact. Would we go back? Probably not, but only because there are so many other hotels in Cancun to explore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travlr36
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun, we are glad you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our various food options and entertainment.

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience; this helps us know our strengths and weaknesses so we can provide the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you again once again in the future.