“Sisters Vacation!”

Astoria, NY
“Sisters Vacation!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hi All,
This being my 8th time to what I consider the happiest place on earth, blue skies, blue waters, what can I say- I LOVE Mexico!

Now on to the review of the Oasis.
With it being a adult only hotel it definately won points with me on that aspect, (no screaming children/floaties in the pool ect).

The staff I found to be very friendly and accomadting.
Juan Carlos from the Mexican restaurant is quite a charmer.

Elda and Emilio from the Activities staff are great! Had a blast playing Bingo/Zumba/Yoga!

Carmen from the greating staff (she provides the information on Spa treatments, discounts available on the premises).

I had a Ocean View Room which was Great!.

The one issue I had was drilling work at 9am in the morning after partying the night before.. uuuhhh. NO Bueno!

The restaurants were average , the staff really made the difference.

Meeting new people on vacation made it all the more fun~

I rated this hotel Average as I have stayed at various other locations which are superior to the Oasis.

Again for the time I went and what I was looking to do, just relax, it was ideal.

I think this hotel is ideal for couples who just want to get away for a short time and unwind.
I would not recommend this is you are looking to party.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 612 (Ocean View) If you are a sunbather this is ideal, from your room once you get...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank braziliangem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went with about 3 other ladies for a Girls Getaway.. We paid under $800 for the flight and hotel with transportation so I thought this was a great deal..

Upon entry into the hotel the Lobby does have a WOW factor.. its very sleek and modern with Great Views of the Ocean...

The Customer Service Desk was not well informed however the bellhops were way more knowledgeable about many things that we were asking.

Upon entry into the room we noticed that there was A LOT of condensation everywhere...this did not stop...the sheets were damp constantly.., and they do not change the sheets so If they have this much condensation then they should change the sheets more often.

The room was nice and romantic which it should be since it is a couples hotel...the bathroom was nice ...small with the sink on the outside... The Shower ...was lovely..however you had to step up into the tub and it is not a great place for older people and people with disabilities.. I suggest if you are in wheel chair or have any other disabilities then find someplace else to stay..

The FOOD: Do NOT go to the Buffet for dinner its...horrible.... go to the Italian or the Mexican restaurants...

The More upscale restaurant was booked before we even booked into the hotel... they should set aside reservations for new arrivals and if we decline at check in then they should give them away but to NOT even have the option to rsvp.was crazy....

The Breakfast Buffet was nice...

INTERNET: This hotel..has no FREE internet... they make you PAY for everything....even in the lobby.. I am not use to this and for this reason alone it makes me want to find some place else to stay.... If i am out of the USA then I need some alternative way to contact family back home if my phone goes out... and to charge the fees they were charging were crazy.....

The View it self was worth it ..the pool was CLEAN and nice... however they close the pools around 8 pm and KICK you off of the beach around 6 pm..the reason for the beach was that they told us that SHARKS feed around that time so we need to get out.. For that reason alone they need to have the pool open until at least 10 .....Also ....after around 1 am there is nothing to do at the hotel other than go to your room.. so if nightlife is your thing..go to the bigger Oasis down the street where the entertainment is... The Oasis Sens is more relaxed and quiet...

You can take the Public bus down the hill from the hotel drive... for $1 USA or $8.5 MEX Pes

In the lobby of the hotel they have many vendors come in to sell you excursions.....i thought that was nice...

The Fire show they had one night was very nice!

The Younger bartenders were kinda rude ..they kept saying mucho Dinero...which pissed us off.. and if you want cognac then you have to PAY for it..this is not truly all inclusive as they say...

Also...in order to catch the bus you have to walk down a tall hill/ drive... and the walk back up the thing.. you will get plenty exercise with that thing......

All in all I would go back to the resort... It is a good place for the price.. I would just want them to change the dang sheets... and give us free internet!!

Room Tip: Bring someone with you who knows Spanish .....if you speak spanish to them then they will give you w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank MZPASTRYCHEF
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I honestly am torn. We felt we got great service and everyone was polite, but we kept experiencing problem after problem... First our Roof started leaking..and Phone in the room was on the fritz. We walk down they promptly fix the problem.. We then enjoy the beautiful balcony and great views, come back in the room and there are ants everywhere... call down they clean the room.. Next day more ants... A lot of people would have went off, after all this was my birthday trip, but the people and service was so nice, the balcony and pools were well kept, and food was good enough, but damn.. waterfalls in your room and ants... Will definitely be back to Cancun, but have Mixed emotions about Oasis Sens.

7 Thank Tony_Garrett721
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Oasis Sens, the service was fantastic from the front desk to the restaurant and bars. Friendly, accomodating and genuine without being in your face. The hotel in itself is ok, well kept and very clean inside out. The room was ok and quite basic (we were in the VIP area) and the bed was not that comfortable. The restaurants were just ok (apart from the Italian which was terrible), remember you are in an all inclusive which is very affordable so don't expect 5* food (apart at Benazuza which was amazing, serving a 10 courses set menu - for free apart for the wine). Top tips: book the restaurant at the beginning of your vacation as it seems to always be full (we tried to book it on day we arrived and were told it was full that week to which I replied that was a shame as it was my birthday and as if by magic we then were told we could have a table on the day and time I first inquiries...??!!!). Saying all that, the buffet for breakfast and diner was fine (with Breakfast being the best) The pool area was great, never overcrowded and with loungers available throughout the day. The beach area was great too. After reading all the review about tipping I was a bit worried (I am not American so tipping could be minefield for me, when? how much? etc.) we did not tip people to start with and still received great service everywhere. we then tipped a few "key people" (where we were spending most of our time; ie: beach area) and the service was exceptional... A bit thumbs up to Guadelupe at the beach bar... we did not have even to order drinks, she was just bringing then along to our beach bed throughout the day (we gave her $20 Mid-week) We also left $20 dollars in the bedroom with a note on day 1 and our room (and pool) was cleaned everyday and we also had a daily turn down service. So I guess you don't have to tips but tipping a few key peopled seemed to give you that little extra. We also got a goodbye hug from some of the staff by the buffet area on our last day (and we did not tip then)
We also booked a day to visit Chichen Itza and another to Tullum which I highly recommend, it was amazing (we did it through the best travel agent in the hotel)
My partner got sick with an ear infection and after talking to the (VIP) checking desk, a doctor was with us within 20 minutes. He gave him antibiotics and recommended that we went to the hospital where he knew a doctor etc... we decline. The Desk staff came to see us the day after to check if my partner was ok and if his ear was better, thought that was very thoughtful.
My partner also used the SPA and he really like it, looked nice but I did not use it so can't really comment.
Please note that this is not a party hotel (no music by the pool, party all night etc...). If you looking for an affordable get away to relax and unwind this could be the place. the hotel is one of the first one on the strip "close" to the airport so you are further away from the bars, clubs and Starbucks (all are about 15 minutes away by bus) perfect if you are in need on disconnecting with the world. It was perfect for us, we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: For a few more hundreds dollars you can get the VIP room with your own terrace and mini pool and of...
3 Thank David F
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I went for 5 days 4 nights to the sens. At first look you get the wow factor, the lobby is incredible. We were in a "VIP" room, which by the way I would not call it that, it had a pool on the balcony. Our first impression of the room was bad, 1st floor, damp and warm, and dirty bathroom. When addressed with staff we were moved to 7th floor Lagoon view, oposite our ocean view room, but much better. After that it was much better, clean room, A/C actually worked and the view was actually better on that side of the hotel. The food at the Italian resturaunt was good, as was coba. Menu's of the resturaunts in the rooms would be a nice touch. If you plan to eat at the Nice resturaunt bring pants. There is a deeper pool on the front side of the hotel by the spa that was on the days we were there less busy than the front pool and they do activities near that pool. Although we had fun we would probably stay at another resort next time. We got a taxi service when we got to the airport and the rates were the same as online so we will probably do that again.

Room Tip: above the 4th floor
3 Thank Dustin S
La Puente, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

It is a nice building when you see it from the balcony towards the beach. Our room looked very impressive. But we had specifically requested two double beds and an ocean view room. Violeta from the front desk told me that she would try to get a roll- out bed but she never did. She also said that if she changed my room, the room would not have the ocean view that I had paid for and that I would not like it. The loud A/C was not working properly, it made everything wet! The floors were so wet that they were dangerously slippery, the mirrors were steamy and dripping water! The clothes got all wet and the papers were wet. My medication pills got soft from the moisture too! We complained to the front desk and they never sent anybody to check. I finally it figured out, they never send anybody for anything! I had trouble with the T.V. remote control, same thing, when I went back after 6 hours, another clerk just told me that I needed to ask the housekeeper for new batteries! I finally tracked down the person in charge of those things and he said my room number was not on his list! So he was never going to help me! He gave another remote control. I misplaced my cell phone and needed to call my airlines and I asked the consierge Anzelique for help, she does not speak Spanish or English so she just stared at me, I had to wait for someone else, she just came to tell me she could not help me. I begged her to at least help me get the phone number for the airlines and she reluctantly called the airport and they gave me wrong number. Carmen from the front lobby felt sorry for me and helped me use the internet in the Lobby to connect with the airlines who just told me to call them on the phone. Consequently, I was not able to talk to someone from the airlines until I went to the airport when I was flying out. My suggestion is that Carmen should be hired to be in the Lobby helping all those customers that need help and need to get familiar with the hotel and their activities instead of having three people selling their timeshare or "Club Membership." The Benazuza restaurant is a joke! The breakfast is extremely sweet and the main course was half of a dry ham sandwich! The famous chef from Spain needs to be fired!! It was not worth the wait or dressing up! The only good thing about this hotel was the food from the Boba buffet, but I can have that anywhere! Also, you are not allowed to go swimming in the pools or the beach anytime you want because the sand in the beach has holes in it!

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony
3 Thank 543Unhappy
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at about 8 all-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya area and this was by far the least impressive experience I have had. The rooms appear to be nice however the bed and pillows are very hard, the AC was incredibly loud and did not cool properly, my room was literally damp and my clothes felt wet. The lighting was horrible and heard noise that sounding like people moving furniture and drilling all night long every night. The food was the same as it always is at all the resorts and the people were for the most part friendly, however only one bar opened at 10am and no other bar or snack area opened until noon. The VIP experience is ridiculous and the resort is literally "inactive" until noon. All the liquor that is displayed is not part of the "all-inclusive" package and costs extra money. I would strongly recommend selecting another resort as there are many to choose from.

Room Tip: from what I heard from other guests, there is no such thing as a "good room" at this resor...
4 Thank Kim G

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels