Grand Oasis Sens
$371
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$560
$379
galahotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$397
TripAdvisor
5,592 results
All reviewsblack holesian ka'ankinky barcoba buffetsunset barsakura sunsetvip barbenazuza restaurantkinky night clubfoam partymakihippie chic grilloasis resortssushi bartacopirate shipitalian place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just got home from Sens yesterday, we were there June 17-24 for our honeymoon. First off let me start by saying we were a little nervous upon arrival because of a few of the negative reviews that we had read about this resort. I have NO IDEA what was wrong with the negative people because everything about this resort was fabulous! Customer service throughout the entire resort was great. Everyone always greeted us with a smile even if we were just passing by them. The front desk was great as well. We didn't feel that our air conditioner was working very well at one point and they switched us rooms without any complaints.

I've heard that food at all inclusive restaurants isn't usually very good, well this resort had GREAT food. I wasn't impressed by Dos Lunas Italian food but everything else there was wonderful including their salmon and pork dishes. Sarape, the mexican restaurant, has a buffet lunch and a la carte dinner and WOW was it good. They have the best guacamole I have ever eaten we went just to get chips and guac a few times. The a la carte at night is very very good along with a ton of food. They serve you 7 or 8 different courses including dessert and have a mariachi band that goes from each table singing the whole time. They have one restaurant named Benazuza that you have to make a reservation for and I strongly recommend trying it out. It is a very fancy dinner with over 15 courses served. They are small servings but very interesting and very tasty. They try to introduce you to a different style of eating and the dessert WOW three rounds of dessert including a flavored tequilla shot. We loved it! The Gran Coba is the international buffet that serves breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was our favorite meal of the day each day they had everything imaginable to eat. They also have to grills going where they cook eggs your way and other breakfast items in the morning, and at night they grill chicken, steak, and pork chops. Outside by the pool there are two different grills that serve hamburgers, hot dogs, paninis, nachos and wings, and down by the ocean there is another grill that has the same foods plus chicken. They also have a sushi bar next to the pool by the VIP lounge. My husband and I called it the "super secret pool" because nobody was ever there. They have beds and lounge chairs out there and the staff waits on you like crazy. The bartender was fabulous he never let our drinks run out and served our sushi to us. All of the bartenders are fun and have a million different types of drinks or shots for you to experiment with if you ask. My husband LOVED the swim up bar and my favorite was the piano bar.

We went to the sister resorts to check them out throughout our visit and just appreciated Sens even more. We loved the all adult aspect as we were on our honeymoon. It is a very calm resort definitely not a party resort. That being said they do no how to have fun with music playing by the secret pool and down at the beach. It just isn't a loud and crazy place, which is exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon. The pool is HUGE and never feels crowded. We walked up and down the beach and none of the other hotels even compared to ours. The staff raked our beach daily and removed all the debris the tide brought in each day. There are lounge chairs, fun hula hut style umbrellas and lounge beds down on the beach. The lounge chairs by the pool are even nicer and padded. Walking around our resort inside was just as much fun. It is absolutely beautiful and has wonderful art throughout. I highly recommend this resort to couples wanting a fun getaway. Especially couples taking a break from their kids or just getting away from life. I wouldn't recommend this to friends however, it is apparent from the get go that it is for couples. If you have any problem while there all you have to do is tell the front desk, they are very eager to help.

It is located on the hotel strip and is very easy to get around. We used the bus the entire time, it is $1 per person and the driver will take you wherever you need to go and tell you when you get there. The bus stop is right outside the hotel entrance. We found it the easiest transportation to use.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room and I highly recommend it. The view was BEAUTIFUL! I sent a picture to my parents and they said it looked like it was from a magazine. Try to get a room on the 5th or 6th floor the higher you go the harder it is to keep the room cool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank lmiss71304
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Staff was excellent, the views and pool were excellent. If you stay at this hotel make sure to go to the Mexican restaurant and ask for Juan Carlos. He was especially great. The pool boys were very helpfully in finding different things for us to do such as excursions and entertainment( ask for Gabo). We ate like kings and queens there, we had many many great choices such as a buffet Mexican restaurant, Italian restaurant, many bars offering delicious drinks and quick food. The rooms are plain but clean, everything else more than made up for it. Great for couples of any age.

2  Thank Onederwolf
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and i just got back from a 9 day stay at the Oasis Sens in Cancun, Mexico. Our adult children were with us for the first 5 days. We had an all inclusive, including alcohol, and ocean view rooms. This was a fabulous vacation. Number one was customer service. It was easy to determine which staff was doing which job. We were always greeted with a smile that was visible in the lips and in the eyes.
The barkeeps were outstanding, Miguel, Ever, Christian and Daniel were top notch. By the end of our stay they knew us as the Vino Blanquo and Smirnoff and tonic couple. I'm sure we were a pain in the rear by the end but they never showed it and always seemed happy to see us.
The food was also terrific!! at Every restaurant or snack bar. In the DosLomas italian restaruant we were made welcome by Monnessart and MIguel. The grouper and the salmon and the clam pasta were our favorites but everything we had was great. Karla and Moiser took great care of us in the International buffet. We had both breakfasts and a couple of dinners there. Marta makes delicious custom order omelets that were delivered quickly. If you can't find something to enjoy here you must be really picky.
Two of the highlights of our vacation was dining at the Benazuza restaurant. This is not dining this is an Experience. You do not order off a menu. Each course, (ten!) was delivered in style by Raul at dinner and by Neri at our breakfast.This was free & would've cost $75-100pp in the states. If you enjoy fine dining this will not disappoint!
You can order room service 24/7. By the end I would like to have had more choices but everything we ordered was really good.Room service was always prompt and friendly and would bring more drinks too.
The swimming on our beach and pools was splendid and the bar was right there with drinks and great bbq chicken. (I'm telling you this establishment knows how to cook chicken.)
We did use Cancun shuttle to book our round trip shuttles to the airport and to book snorkeling, mayan ruin trip, and atv and speed boat rides. Reasonable, excellent and they picked you up and brought you back. Sens also had a lady in orange who most helpful with planning things.
Do NOT rent a Smart car. You will be charged for any teeny tiny scratch! The buses are cheap, $1, fast, reliable and safe. Wish I had more room to write. The entire staff, the food, the entertainment, the water were all outstanding. I WILL go back to the Oasis Sens and bring some friends.

Room Tip: Get one close to the stairs. With standard rooms you can either have a balcony or a no balcony with slightly bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Front desk is not organized at all. You see 8 people or more scrambling at the front desk. People are cuttionline line because no one knows who was before them. We asked for a roll-away bed 3 times before they finally brought it inside the room. We were supposed to get a cheese and fruit basket that never arrived. When we complained to the supervisor about the service, we got yelled at and basically made it soud like we were getting what we paid for. I always thought the people who were rating hotels below 2 were somewhat dramatic.. When it happens to you-- wow, totally different and I cannot judge. I will never ever stay with this hotel again.

3  Thank BAY2NYC
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is an adult hotel.Not for teens or children. I was told it was family oriented and it wasnt. But the hotel is beutiful. Food is delicious. Excellent staff!! Amazing ocean view rooms!! Clean and Beutiful beach. Would come again but without children.

5  Thank hotpinkyy