“Wonderful Time”
Review of Grand Oasis Sens

Grand Oasis Sens
Ranked #87 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Jan 2012. The resort was very clean and the room was nice with a view of the ocean. had a pool on the deck but it was too chilly to use it. However the Beach is wonderful and by far the best on the strip with the bar right there brining you beverages and snacks. The staff was great and very funny and we made friends with some. Christian the bartender was great and makes a great drink. Roberto was also fantastic and very nice and he works as a server in two of the restaurants. The food was very good and had a lot of variety. We ate in the Gourmet restaurant which was a lot of fun and a different kind of experience. We didn't use the pools as we always went down to the beach where the music was playing and the service was good. we had free tickets to a concert we went to at the Grand Oasis which was fun. Our resort was much more to our liking no loud kids and clean. Will go again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the ocean it is beautiful to sit on your balcony and view the sceanory. We had...
8  Thank Deborah F
There are newer reviews for Grand Oasis Sens

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Me and my husband stayed over christmas 2011...so the Resort was only opened for a few days...so things were not perfect but the effort was there. The staff was awesome.If you go to the spa....get Sylvia she's so cute and you'll get a great message.We went to the spa twice so it was really good,it's a must do.Christian the bartender was great..Wilber bartender..Franchelley and Enriqueo also a bartender was great,me and my husband spent alot of time at bar.
Food was great plenty of choices.They had alot of shows ..that was nice.Even had volleyball on the beach.
I would have rated this hotel excellent but they were working out some bugs..seeings how they had just opened.I would recommend it to anyone and can't wait to go back and see how things have improved.

Room Tip: get ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tina S
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed for 1 week in early Jan - fantastic holiday - loved the food, the funky rooms, clean and gorgeous decor. Service was pretty good, could have been a little better but the staff is so good humoured it fairs out. Can't wait to go back in Feb.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an oceanview room, well worth it!
8  Thank bevtim01
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I, along with two other couples, were offered the opportunity to move to this hotel for three days from a different 3.5 star hotel as part of a special free promotion. For an extra $50 per night we could stay at the hotel for the remainder of our vacation which we did without hesitation. I cannot believe that the Oasis Sens is only rated at 3.5 stars because it is most definitely of 5 star quality.

This hotel is very elegant and the theme is one of rest and relaxation. As with the rest of the hotel and restaurants, our oceanview with balcony room was spotless. For people that enjoy a great night sleep you will like the pillowtop mattress. The service was wonderful and the employees were all very professional.

We ate most of our meals in the Grand Coba where, although it is a buffet restaurant, you had a waiter who provided your drinks and quickly took your dishes away. There was a very good selection of great tasting food there. There are two outdoors restaurants by the pool with hamburgers, nachos, etc for light meals during the day and there is another one on the beach where they have rotisserie chicken. We found that the Sarape was a great place to go to and enjoy a light lunch at a table while listening to the mariachi band.

Our meals at the a la carte Dos Lunas were more of a dining experience than just a meal. After enjoying a four course meal that included a very generous portion of filet mignon, our waiter treated us to making Mexican coffee at our table. I was happy to leave him a generous tip for the special service that he provided us with. We didn't visit the more glamorous (dress code and reservation required) Benazuza.

Each evening at 8:30 there was a different show near the VIP bar performed by professional entertainers. Depending on the show, I would rate them from very good to absolutely awesome. Although there is a disco, the Gecko Bar, that stays open into the wee hours of the morning, I would recommend going downtown for people looking for a little more excitement.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone if you want a relaxing stay away from the hustle and bustle that you might find at other hotels.

Room Tip: The sun sets on the lagoon side if sunsets are important to you. Oceanview balconies are wonderful...
4  Thank Dave Y
Karend68, Manager at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thanks for your review Dave! We appreciate your feedback on your stay at the Sens Del Mar and hope to see you again soon...warm regards!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was very impressed with the Sens Del Mar. A group of 12 of us were staying at a 4.5 star hotel 2 hotels up from the Sens Del Mar, and we were offered an upgrade to the 5 star Sens at no cost as the other hotel was near capacity. I was pleasantly impressed right away on entering the lobby. Very stylish and all marble floors. The rooms were very nice with mood lighting on the wall that could be adjusted to everything from a slow fade to various colors or flashing disco. The beds were very soft and had a draping fabric over them. The food was very good, and the service was friendly and exceptional, possibly due to the low volume of vacationers at the resort at the time. They also had live music playing in the lounge over top of the lobby every night which set the atmosphere.

If I had anything at all negative to say about the resort would be that the pool areas are not as big as some of the other resorts, and that this seemed to be more a couples type resort, so it was very quiet, which may be what many couples prefer. I prefer a bit more action and entertainment so the resort was a bit too mellow for my personal preference. They allow you to go to their other resorts like the Grand Oasis, so this is what I usually did for a more lively upbeat hotel.

My rating is 4.5 stars, which it did not allow me to enter. If you want a clean, quieter hotel with excellent service, this resort would be for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank BeachHarry
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I went to Cancun on Jan 8th untill Jan. 15 th of 2012. The best value my travel agent found was Sens del Mar resort( formerly: Grand Oasis Playa). I absolutelly loved the hotel. My room was just remodeled very clean and beautiful. Hotel's lobby and pool is very nice too. Personel was helpfull and and i felt very welcomed. The only reason i can't give 5 stars is food. There is many restaurants on the property, but the food is just average. Beeing in Mexico before i could compare. Anyways, it is worth going there. Everyday we played bingo, valleyball, tennis and were entertained by dancers in the evenings.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best, but lagoon view is also great if you want to save some money.
5  Thank Nataliya D
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend's family on December 29th to the 5th. When we first got there I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel lobby. It is very beautiful and with all the windows facing the ocean. There were seven of us in the group. Five of use were ages 18-27 and my boyfriend's parents who are in their fifties. We had three rooms. Two right next to each other and one on a different floor because they have each floor with the same type of rooms(like 2 through 4 double beds 5 to 7 king beds) My boyfriend and I lucked out with an ocean view room even though we paid for lagoon. Our room however wasn't ready when we checked in. It wasn't ready til 5pm. The other two rooms were ready for our family so o big deal.
The one thing that was the huge NEGATIVE thing was the disorganization of the hotel. It feels like they are going through an identity crisis with their name. It' was hard finding information about the hotel before we traveled. There also isn't any printed booklets or papers about the restaurants, hours or activities. Everything was found out by word of mouth. They had a New Years Eve show but it wasnt anything to see really but we went to a fire show later in the week which was much more entertaining.
Great food. Great variety. Great service.
They are changing and updating things all the time. We all found it to be entertaining to see what they.replaced or changed since the day before

Room Tip: Try to get ocean view a d top floor. (8)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Stefanie F
Karend68, Public Relations Manager at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Stefanie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sens Del Mar. We appreciate the feedback! The hotel is recently reopened with many exciting changes underway and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during this transition. Oasis Hotels & Resorts strives to ensure that each guest has the best experience possible and we appreciate the information. Hope to see you back in Cancun again soon! Warm regards… :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
#26 of 176 in Cancun
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
#75 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Grand Oasis Sens? Share your experiences!