“"Tired Gem In Paradise"”

Krystal Grand Punta Cancun
Ranked #54 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we first checked in we had a few problems and got off to a bad start. The general manager, Manuel was awesome. He quickly addressed our concerns and took care of us. Top down, the staff at this property was helpful and very friendly.
PROS:
- Great Beach and safe swim area
-Awesome Regency Lounge (Nice selection and great service)
-Double food and beverage credit with advance purchase (Saved tons of $$$)
-Nice size hotel, you can get from your room to anywhere on hotel property in 5 min. (unless you take the elevator ;)
-Good location

CONS:
-Food & drink service at the pool and beach takes forever
-Elevators are hot, small and slow
-Wi-Fi is awful, but free
-No hot tub
- Small TV in room

Suggestions for hotel management:
-Add a pool table for families and kids
-Add a hot tub

Room Tip: Don't stay towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nmmi87

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My fiance and i went for a romantic vacation. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel or island for that matter. The weather was perfect, the drinks were cold and sweet (I live for perfectly made pina coladas). The beach is beautiful and the pool is relaxing, not that we spent any time there, because the beach was just so insanely gorgeous!

The staff are so friendly and personable!

The food and drinks are delicious!

My fiance and I had a AMAZING vacation!!

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malaniaP
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Hyatt has a great location and nice beach. The staff was pleasant and courteous. The rooms are large, but the issues are that the hotel is aging and is not up to Hyatt standards. The room (113) was just heavily worn. There were other issues with our room, like the toilet stopped flushing and water had to be manually added. We were bit by some bugs in Cancun but could not verify the time or type.
The breakfast buffet was a nice classic American style but priced at 300 pesos. The hotel did offer a prepaid discount on resort services and food. I chose this hotel because I had stayed there about 8 years earlier. I would not recommend this hotel until it is renovated.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee A
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Though not all-inclusive we purchased the Hyatt double your credit promo for $200 which gave us just over $4900 pesos more than enough for two days. Very intimate feel. Very friendly staff and excellent location. The only issue I had was the
wi-fi was awful. Within walking distance of the major nightclubs in the city. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spend every X'mas somewhere but this Hotel is not really Hyatt standard. To begin with; the club lounge is over-crowded and offered the same evening snacks which are; cheese, ham and few other boring items plus cheap wine. Soft drinks are provided only during the evening two hours like other drinks! The lounge breakfast is extremely poor and therefore we went to take the buffet breakfast on the ground floor. Club-Lounge officers are not well trained and the room cleaners do not finalize the room cleaning process before 2-3PM. The Restaurant called Grill is good and provide nice dishes. Location is good, and the beach is clean. In general, We thought that the hotel is missing good management especially at the club floor. In conclusion, we wouldn't recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday and it is not really the Hyatt standard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank alien_alienman
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was really impressed by this property after staying for three nights. All of the staff were very kind and attentive and remembered your name. Check in went reasonably smoothly with the exception of some minibar issues pushing things a little bit later. The property itself is very nice and well laid out with the two pool levels and restaurants/swim up bar. It was also kept extremely clean. The atrium style with lots of natural light was nice as well.

I redeemed a suite upgrade from Hyatt here and this really increased the value. The lowest level suites are absolutely huge and ours had an incredible view of the ocean and strip. My only gripe was that the whole floor was tiled (very cold), but I understand this must be far easier to clean of sand and salt than any carpet would be.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the activities staff the hotel had as well, as there was ample opportunities for volleyball, water aerobics (surprisingly hard!), and the like. They really made us feel welcome but never pushed too hard.

All and all, I really enjoyed my stay here. Close to the other nightlife and some other restaurants, great value, and good food. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: The Regency Suites are huge and offer ocean views on high floors. Definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Benjamin I
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hi, I went to Cancun for the weekend and got this hotel at an unpublished deal the location was nice in the middle of the action, plenty of bars and shopping center on walking distance plus ocean front and really nice beach, check in was fast and very friendly the guys the only complain that I have is that they rooms were small and not a Hyatt standard I had been on 100s hotels and I can tell you that it is not a 4* hotel BUT I need to be fair for the price that I paid about $70 was a fantastic place to be in Cancun, the bed was very comfortable and the hotel as very close to the public bus to go to the town or Playa del carmen.

Overall it is a nice hotel if you are not looking for something luxurious, all in the room works well and the location is perfect for a grate stay.

Room Tip: take best day shuttle from the airport
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo