Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
$542
$413
Hyatt.com
9,707 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed March 20, 2009

First of all, I have to say this is the very first time my husband and I have been on a vacation without our children, 14 and 12. I knew it was going to be great, I have never been to Cancun before, nor have I stayed at an all inclusive. I did do alot of research before we decided on which and to be honest. I was getting stressed out about picking. What one resort had and one did not. bean. Our sole purpose was to just eat, drink and lay out at the beach. WE did just that. We relaxed every single day and did it at a great place. I know that while researching and after booking, I read some not so great reviews. Well, you will find that you will see some at any resort. I could not have been more satisfied. Our reception was very nice, hung out at the beach/pool and then realized it was time to check in but was having to much fun at the swim up bar. Our room was very nice, had an awesome view. As I am writing this, I wish I was still there. The food was amazing, The beach was just as. Honestly, it is rated as a 3 1/2, and I will never spend more money to stay at anything more then that. As far as I am concerned it was better. Now, there are some areas that need some remodling, but every weekday I was there, their were renovations being done. My husband and I were also celebrating an early 15 year Anniversary. The lady that cleaned our room, went beyond the call of duty. We had a very nice welcome letter waiting for us. Fruit basket and champagne. I know this was part of the room, but one day our maid made a swan out of towels, and layed flower petals on the bed. There was a Happy Anniversary banner over the bed. Yes, we made sure to leave her and everyone else a tip. We always tipped the bartender and beach servers at the beginning and a few times throughout. Not required but much appreciated and derserved. We had such a great time that we plan to do this every February ( great time to go ) and next time we will take our kids. I do not hesitate at all about making reservations here again. As a matter of fact, it is a fun place for kids of all ages...atleast from what I veiwed. I would recomment this resort and I have.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lovethebeach0322
Reviewed March 20, 2009

First of all, I'd like to say that those who write bad reviews may be right on some points, but please read this carefully.
Usually, as I noticed, people who bother to write a rewiew on that website are there to COMPLAIN.
In this review, you'll have the TRUTH. And you have to know I am a very picky and difficult person, and this was not my first time in Cancun.

I went to this resort with my boyfriend. I am 19, and he is 22. Yes, the hotel is perfect for kids, but for couples too, as I had witnessed. The animation is perfectly adapted for both, night and day that is. The staff is very friendly and makes you feel like kings and queens! Each of your desires they'd like to fulfill. The food was simply delicious. Some people say here that it was not quite impressive and very repetitive, BUT THERE IS ONE THING YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND. You are in MEXICO. Don't expect to be eating what you are used to eat at home... For sure, if you limit yourself to the lasagna, pizza, hamburgers and salads in the buffet, you'll find it repetitive. BUT YOU HAVE TO DARE. The mexican food they offer is delicious! Looks strange at first, I agree but you have to
try it ! You're in another country, come on! Every day the buffet is quite different and you have to be clever: if there is oil and balsamic vinegar, make a dip for you bread! What I mean is: be inventive, you have so much food in the main buffet that you can manage to eat something delicious and different everyday.

The ocean is simply breath-taking. The beach is quite narrow, but this is typical to Cancun since the hurricanes of the past 15 years... and when you chose this destination, you have to be aware of this. The choice of the hotel won't affect it. Yes, there is a part of the C.P.C beach that is a bit rocky, but really it is small. The rest of the beach is clear and so beautiful that it was very easy to ignore the rocky part.

The pools are great, especially for the two facing the sea. There is animation there all day long, such as aerobics, yoga, water basketball and other contests of many types. Boredom is not a part of this all-inclusive resort. BUT, there's one little down about the pools and beach. You must be early-risers to be sure you will have chairs. In fact, at 7 A.M, the seats are all taken, especially if you want to avoid places in the sun. So, rise early, put your towels on chairs and go back to sleep for an hour or two if this is what you want!

The shows were great, very entertaining, and they always included the audience as a part of it.

The rooms are very wide and clean, and the furniture might not be of the latest fashion, but it is clean in looks almost new. For the beds, they are very comfy. My boyfriend is always complaning when he sleeps in other beds that his, but I heard nothing from him about the matress or the pillows (which were numerous and very comfortable). In fact, I slept like a baby all weeks long!

For the restaurants À la carte, there are four of them.
The Italian restaurant La Piazza was very good and the place itself is simply charming.
The Mexican restaurant La Palapa I didn't experiment since I wasn't able to have a reservation there (I'll explain later).
The Seafood restaurant Fisherman's was a little deceiving if you want my opinion. But still O.K.
The Steakhouse Wayne's Boots was great. Put a coat on lady's, it's a very cold place. But the ribs are quite good!
The French restaurant Sans Soucis was definitly the best one. We went twice. The Soupe à l'oignon gratinée is really good, such as the other plates on the menu (we went twice). The service is particullarly great.
So these are the restaurants you need a reservation for. ***TIP: call at least two or three days BEFORE the night you want to go there, because you might end up eating at the buffet (which is not too bad anyways).

For the entertainement, well, in a week you don't have time to experiment i all! Waterslides, 4 pools, jacuzzis, mini-golf, volley and tennis courts, golf court (free!), shows, contests, and I'm surely forgetting something. All the family will be happy at the C.P.C!

The bars are great places to be. The Lobby bar is quite crowdy at night, so if you want to relax, go to the Trafalgar, which is always calmer.
Don't forget there's free roomservice 24hrs, which was great!!!

To conclude this (long) review, I have to say that I had an incredible week at the C.P.C, and I would recommend this hotel to families, couples, and friends of any ages. Maybe it's a bit noisy for elderly people tho, and the night life is too calm for springbreakers, but trips to the bars in Cancun City are organised by the hotel everynight, so you wouldn't be bored.

This place is paradise, the temperature was perfect and ... girls... they're at least 4 or 5 shops in the hotel! I personnaly got a beautiful ring at 60% of the price... so I tell you: check them out!

One last thing: DON'T TAKE TAXIS! Take the bus. It's easy and cheap. About 50 cents a ride. There are two bus lines: One coming from the hotel zone towards the shopping malls, clubs, city etc. and one coming back from there to the hotels. So it's impossible to get lost! And there's a bus about every 2 or 3 minutes...!

I hope this will help you make your choice, and remember: people who give bad reviews are complainers who focus on the little details. I tell you, I am a quite fancy girl, and this was not my first trip in Cancun.
I know what I'm taling about, trust me!

Have nice vacations!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CanadaVanessa
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My family (wife and two kids 9, & 6) spend six days at the resort recently. We found a great deal online and decided to try it out. The other reviews here were very helpful. The staff was friendly and seemed to have a good time, especially those in charge of activities and entertainment.
We were on the fifth floor, facing North. Rooms were sufficient but nothing extraordinary.
At the Palapa buffet, sit in Raul and Pedro's section outside if you can. They were very nice, attentive and helpful. A small tip goes a long way.
I really enjoyed that all food and drinks were included which made it easy for the kids. The buffett had a tremendous variety and selection to please everyone. The little outdoor grill by the pool also has great wings, burgers and fries. The line starts early and gets long.
I was really disappointed with the food in the restaurants we tried (Los Gallos, The Fisherman and Wayne's boots). Honestly, i thought the buffett was better but it may have been what i ordered-although my wife was not impressed either.
The kids area is great, they were very safety/security conscious and made sure the kids did not leave the area without a parent.
Beach area was a great size and having a bar (beer only) down there was a nice treat. I know everyone says bring a big cup, but their small cups also help make sure you pace yourself. I would suggest water bottles for the kids more than cups.
We were disappointed with the 'kayak, paddling, sailbout' part that was included. YOu have to take a short bus ride to Aqua world and go around the bay a bit. It was ok, but a bit of a let dow. They also have motorized sports which i guess is what they hope you will do once you get there.
The evening shows for the kids were also pretty good and again, the staff was very into them.
All around i think it was a great bargain and would recommend going to this location. It's about 2 hours away from Tulum and Chichen Itza. We opted to rent a car there at the hotel (pretty good deal) and drive to Tulum ourselves. They now have steps that take you down to the beach, which was the highlight for the kids.
The wi-fi they offered was VERY expensive, in case you need that but the layout of the pools, hotel, lobby, bars, etc. was very good.
Don't forget, they have free room service 24x7 and you can order breakfast in your room in advance too.
Don't get too excited about the 'mini golf' or zip line. The mini golf is is one large area with holes separated by concrete waslls. No windmills or clown mouths here...and some greens had more than one hole..?
The zip line is that-one line from a to b. It was great for kids as a first time to try it. My son really enjoyed playing on the kids' soccer field a lot, along with the water slides in the same section it was nice to spend a few hours there.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank diegova
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Maybe we aren't as particular as some because we liked most everything. We are the grandparents and were there with our son, his wife and grandchildren 5 & 8. Buffet food was excellent. Great variety and different food stations-pizza, omlets, sandwiches, mexican, etc. Something for everyone and all very good. Liked the pour your own wine or beer spouts in buffet area.. Five restautants where needed reservations- call in am for next few days of reservations. Only a problem the first day we were there (full hotel then) getting what we wanted. Wayne Boots cowboy steaks& mechanical bull riding was good. Mexican was very good. French(adult only) restaurant was outstanding. Fisherman was so-so. Italian rest. was pretty good. So overall we liked the food. Also good daytime snack bar areas- sushi, stir fry, burgers and such. And free running beer and drink- anything you wanted- even top shelf for the asking.

Two waterslides. Kids water park and rec area which our kids loved. Adult pool with two large hot tubs and swim up bar. Covered pool. Two outdoor pools. Entertainment all day long and a different show each night- some were very good to excellent; all fine. Circus Show was the best. Zip line and climbing wall also.

Movies running most of the time on a lrge screen with surrond sound. Lobby entrtainment most nights. Lobby Bar was good.

Our daughter in law and the kids said this was the best family trip they have ever had.

Hotel is showsng signs of age but is kept up pretty well. Rooms could use some updating soon and we were told this is in process. But none of this bothered us due to cleanliness thruout.

Bus runs just outside for 60 cents 24 hours a day. To go downtown (WalMart, Bull Fights on Wed I believe, a little seedier than the hotels strip but felt safe there). Went to Jimmy Buffet restaurant one night for someting different and it was quite a lot of fun!

All rooms have balcony and ocean view. Very clean. Al the staff were very interesting in pleasing and never pushed for extra tips. And they all worked so hard- like on a cruise ship.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank JoeFriday
Reviewed March 18, 2009

As always before choosing a hotel I seek reviews on the tripadvisor website. Some reviews for this hotel were spot on, others need to change their expectations or pay more!
The Crown Paradise provided our family with a fantastic holiday. We are parents with 2 boys 10 and12.
The room was spacious, the view magnificent, the weather fabulous.
Whether lounging by/in the main or adult pool, being bounced around in the ocean, or enjoying the kids areas, we were all happy.
The food choices were endless. The japanese for lunch was perfect and nutritious.
The Italian,French and Mexican al-la-carte restaurants were great.
Drinks both alcoholic and non were abundant and lines minimal.
The staff wer exceptional. We gave our kids fredom to roam the property and participate in activies and we were comfortable with their safety.
We could not have asked for more from a 4* hotel and for the price we paid.
This is the first hotel we plan to return to

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family