“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #58 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Wales
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having read reviews on tripadvisor prior to our recent trip to the Crown Paradise Club, we were slightly concerned at the negative reviews given. We had no reason for concern as this hotel was excellent.

Greeted with cold towels and refreshments following a long flight was a welcome gesture. Quick check in and luggage taken to the rooms by some of the excellent staff this hotel employs.

The rooms were large with a stunning view. Beds were extremely comfy and bedding and towels changed daily. Coffee maker in the room, along with all toiletries you would need. I must comment however, that the one thing missing from the room was a fridge and fresh bottled water daily. This is definitely something that should be addressed by the hotel. The air conditioning worked well and much needed in the intense heat. Clean rooms and the housekeeping staff were excellent.

We only used the Adult pool with an excellent swim up bar! The pool was clean and the area was kept tidy again by the excellent staff. The pool was lovely and warm and cleaned daily. Only on one day during our stay it hadn't been cleaned and as soon as reported by a guest the staff were on hand to clean it.

As with all All Inclusive restaurants, the food can get repetitive after two weeks however, the a la carte restaurants were a welcome break. On saying this if you were to eat in the buffet restaurant each night, you would not go hungry. We managed to eat in all the a la carte restaurants, the French and Mexican being our favourites. We celebrated two birthdays whilst in these and the staff were most helpful, providing birthday cakes and sparkling wine on both occasions and even a balloon birthday hat! Having read it was always a problem to book the restaurants we phoned at 8am and had no problem booking them for the evening and also for other evenings during our stay.

The lobby area and all bar areas were all kept very clean and there was a great atmosphere for the world cup games that were shown in the sports bar.

Overall, we have no complaints with the hotel only the fact that there was no fridge in the rooms and also the lifts were not adequate for the size of hotel - breaking down on numerous occasions and very slow.

The management really should be proud of the staff they have as they are all excellent. A big thank you to "Betty" in the lobby bar who was excellent and so friendly also the adult only pool bar staff who kept us "watered" throughout out stay!!

Thank you to all the staff for a memorable and excellent holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DorisWales
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear DorisWales,

We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation. Thank you for staying with us and posting this great review. We appreciate the compliments about our team and property. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy all the amenities our resort has to offer.

Regarding your observations about the mini fridge, we do have several room categories that do include them, one of them being perfect for a romantic getaway - Crown Club rooms, located in the adults only section.

We hope that your pleasant experience along with our friendly guest service will encourage you to visit us again in the near future! Please feel free to contact me directly if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Warmest regards,
Katarina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,369)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I went for a week with my family on The first week of July. I booked this hotel because is family oriented.
They have a excellent staff. Many thanks to Carlos, Cinthya, Italia from Kids Paradise. My son loved them, they did an excellent care and he really enjoyed it.
Baby Paradise with Cinthya is great, she took time to coloring with my daughter so my husband and I can go to the adult swim pool.
Food was good, I loved Los Gallos restaurant with the mariachi.
I really recommended this resort. We are planning to go back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Caro2122
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Caro2122,

We appreciate your comments! This resort is an ideal vacation destination for families since there are so many activities planned for younger children, as well as for teens and their parents. As you discovered, we are blessed with a wonderful staff who are so willing to give their all and we are pleased to hear that your family could enjoy the time with us.
Thank you for recommending us, and hope you will visit many times in the months and years to come.

Warmest wishes,
Katarina P
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I will be visiting the crown paradise club for the first time in aug and much has been made of the upgrade. I have been told it will be an extra £600 when I get there. Can anyone confirm the price to the club room?

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Quag88
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Quag88,

Thank you for choosing Crown Paradise Club to spend your holiday in beautiful Cancun.
I have contacted you via private message for more information regarding your stay with us.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Whittier, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is our third visit to Crown Paradise. We stayed there for two weeks (June 6-21st) . One of the biggest reasons my husband and I love Crown Paradise is because of the awesome Kids Club. Our kids ages 7&11 love it! All of the Kids Club personnel are great with the kids and hard working; they demonstrate such professionalism and enthusiasm with all the kids. We are especially fond of Paulina and Jennifer. However, all of the staff at the Kids Club are truly GREAT!
From check-in to housekeeping the moment we got there everyone was attentive and provided us with great service. We ate at all the restaurants which were DELICIOUS! The Captain Enrique from Los Gallos Restaurant, Olsen from the French Restaurant, the managers from the Palapa Restaurant, Fishermans, Waynes Boots, Italian Restaurant and all the servers like Israel and Angel Medina(waiters at the Palapa), provided us with Excellent Excellent service. Also, the Mariachi and his son in Los Gallos Restaurant provide their beautiful voice and music adding to the great atmosphere.
On Fridays the hotel has a beach party with fire performers that are AMAZING and very entertaining! Needles to say we had a great time at Crown Paradise and we cannot wait to return for our next vacation!

Leonardo and Bea LopeZ Room 1442

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 454BeatrizL
Hello Leonardo and Bea,

I was really happy to read that, once again, we managed to meet your expectations following your recent stay at Crown Paradise Cancun. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and a great big thank you for recommending us to others. Yes we are truly fortunate to have such highly trained and entertaining members on our Kids Club team, as well as our excellent staff at the restaurants. I have passed on your kind words to the great team here, and please do come and stay with us again soon.

Thanks again for your kind words,
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed at this resort with my Husband and Grandson from the 17/6 - 01/7. On arrival was disappointed with our room allocation on the first floor, however after speaking to Orlando on reception he allocated a beautiful room on the fourth floor 1449 overlooking the pool and ocean. Could not fault the customer service especially Nancy on concierge and David who was our waiter at breakfast each morning. The room was kept clean and our Grandson loved every minute of his holiday and this was the reason for visiting this hotel as we normally prefer the Riu palace or Iberostar. The reason we would probably not return would be because the wifi was really expensive at £20 per day and we needed skype for our Grandson to keep in touch with his Mum in the UK. Was also a little disappointed that we could not order beer or sparkling wine from room service especially when we retired early with our Grandson. On our wedding anniversary my husband purchased a bottle of expensive champagne and this was brought to the room promptly. He did ask concierge for a bottle of vino Espomoso and although it didn't arrive on our anniversary it came the following day, he also purchased rose petals and decorations for the bed. We managed to eat at all the speciality restaurants and no difficulties getting out reservations, our personal favourites being Los Gallos and the fisherman's. The waiters were extremely attentive and made a big fuss of our Grandson. We also booked a couple of water excursions from the hotel and they were good value for money. Although our Grandson is quite shy and didn't really mix, he loved the mini golf and he enjoyed the water slides and zip line, and I was impressed with the staff that managed these activities.
I would recommend that you do not use the money exchange at the hotel 17 pesos to the £ and at the money exchanges in Cancun we got 21 pesos to the £. If the hotel wants to continue with a regular clientele they need to address the issue with the wifi and room service. If you can go down to the bar and take drinks up to the room, then why can't you order those same drinks from room service. I would also like to mention the couple who sing in the lobby - they are brilliant and the gentleman even learned a favourite Matt Munro song of mine to sing on our last night. All in all I don't think the hotel deserves the poor reviews as we found any issues were addressed immediately, the issues that I mentioned in the review are the reasons we would not return.
Outside of the hotel zone in downtown Cancun there is a fantastic luminous pirate mini gold for children indoors and air conditioned with a fantastic restaurant next door. I will review those separately.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank lewisc782
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello lewisc782,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this thoughtful and detailed review.
I appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff for their dedication to our guests! We are fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it.

With regard to your comment that alcoholic beverages cannot be ordered from room service, after thorough analysis of the most frequent complaints, and those being the waiting times, we decided not to provide this in order to try to decrease the delivery times for our guests who are ordering food along with the beverages and this way improve our service. We apologize if this affected your stay.
I have also noted your disappointment with the wifi, and have passed on your comments to the Management, we’re working on solutions to improve our connectivity and provide the optimum service to our guests keeping the prices in the market range.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and the service that we provided you with, and I really do hope that you will join us again in the future and do feel free to contact me directly prior to your arrival, to make sure you have a memorable stay.

My kindest regards,
Augusta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

While the staff was excellent and the food was very good, there were a few downers. The whole time we were there, one of the three elevators was out of service. One night all three were down for a couple of hours. The room was clean and neat. After 2 nights, the housekeeping staff changed the sheets. The sheets they put on were pilled up and needed to be discarded. We had to decide at check in where we were going to eat every night. This did not give us the opportunity to talk to other guests to get their opinion on the food. Every restaurant was excellent except Wayne's Boots. The steak I ordered was so tough I could not eat it. My husband got the fish and said his was excellent. This was my first trip to Mexico and hopefully not my last. I would stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor so when the elevators were out of service, we just used the stairs. I ev...