“Convenient Hotel”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #48 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort before staying here, my husband and I felt our overall feeling about the experience was that it resembled taking a cruise. Lots of people, have dress codes and have to call a day ahead to reserve dinner at a restaurant but only between certain hours 8am-2pm, if you are on a tour and miss those hours you could try and call day of and see if they will take you. The actual property was very nice, clean, friendly staff, helpful, only was approached once the whole week to hear about the Crown Paradise Club program, we politely declined and was not bothered further. Went to four out of the five restaurants, Wayne's Boots Steakhouse was OK fun atmosphere though, Italian was GOOD and nice atmosphere, Fisherman's seafood was GREAT splurge on the Lobster/Filet Mingon dinner so worth it! Mexican restaurant was also GOOD. Didn't get to try the French. Palapa and Asian were both good, Hector a server in the Palapa Restaurant in the Adults section is so nice and very attentive. All the bartenders are nice and fun! Trafalgar's bar was a fun laid back atmosphere. Adult pool was relaxing and gets good sun, the beach is nice but waves were large so only went in a few times. Shows that the hotel puts on are fun and neat my husband and I enjoyed the circus show. Vendors come to the hotel about twice a week however save your money unless you don't feel like leaving the hotel. Take the $1 bus to the Flamingo Mall and go to the discount stores, BEST DEALS, even better than the flea market. The room was very basic it was a king ocean view, we had a balcony, but no fridge, shower head was too low for my husband, tub is very high up so kind of a steep step down.

One thing that was annoying was we couldn't get change from anyone we would have to purchase something in the gift shop to get any change. Our overall feeling was if we did another all inclusive we would choose an adults only for a little different of an atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsy31588
Elena A, Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Hola Chelsy31588,

I’m glad to hear that it being your first time at the all inclusive, we lived up to your expectations and made your vacation time an enjoyment.
It is so great that you tried almost all the restaurants and found our food selection to your satisfaction, and as you mentioned we have some great facilities for our guests traveling without children. Thank you for your special mention to Hector and our dedicated staff, they are a true spirit of Crown Paradise Hotel, working hard to show the hospitality we are so known for.

Thank you for sharing your comments, and if you decide to visit Cancun again, it would be our pleasure to be your hosts.

Warm regards,
Elena A

Write a ReviewReviews (8,520)

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Yes this Hotel is very busy. If I have
any complaints , they are directed to
Management that only had 2 lifts operational in a very busy block and
Rooms that were only serviced after 3pm . Otherwise , our stay was
Exemplary and very good value
For money .
We didn't realize just how fortunate
We were choosing an all inclusive
Resort until we were on a Tour with
Hotel guests from other hotels who
Related their horror stories of paying
5$ for a bottle of water at their Hotel
This is a Great family Hotel and
With small kids and music in the Lobby lounge there is bound to be
lots of noise . Ask for a room higher up !
We tried the , Mexican , Italian and
Wayne's Boots , all excellent ! The waiter Edwardo
(bald gentleman) at WB epitomized the humble , efficient work ethic
of all the staff at Crown Paradiso and
It is one of the memories that will resonate
and bring us back to this Resort !
PS , try all the wonderful cocktails
Margaritas , Mohitos , Tequila's
Also there is a wonderful golf course
'Iberostar' that abuts the Hotel .

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank linakoo
Elena A, Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hola linakoo,

Many thanks for your feedback. We apologize for the difficulties occurred regarding the elevator. We are constantly working on maintaining and improving services to our guests, and your comments will help us to continue to do so.
Our team works 24/7 to ensure the amenities are spotless and I apologize if something was overlooked as our housekeeping staff give their all daily to ensure that no one is left with your impression.
We are happy to know that you overall enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your special mention of Eduardo and his impeccable service, i’m sure he’ll appreciate it.

Come and visit us again soon!

Saludos from Cancun,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Travelled Nov.22nd- 29th-As weird as it sounds, and a first for me. I'll explain what happend in as few words as possible.
Attended Wayne Boots and tried my luck on mechaniacal bull, the photo shop took pictures and offered to sell me frame with pictures for 350 pesos- So I bought it.
My 2 kids had there pictures taken with the parrots, 3 pictures on a CD 400 pesos.
In my room we had a combination 3 dresser drawer hutch style TV stand. I placed all items we bought in top drawer. Picture frame-CD- Pictures from Catamaran Excusion- Items we bought from local sellers in main foyer. We had lots of stuff and like to keep things simple and together for customs. They day we were checking out I started to unpack the drawer and couldn't find picture frame and CD, I couldn't understand why someone would have taking 2 items with suitcases full of clothes and other items left out all week long. The kids had there suitcases packed, so did my wife. So stuck for time and not wanting to notify security I figured they had to be packed mistakenly and would get them when we get home and unpack. So when we arrived home I went through everybag and to no avail those items were missing. I checked every inch of the room, for some odd reason, they were gone. I handled the situation wrong and if I had a chance I would have did things diffrently. Just a heads up. I joking told the wife I guess the 100 pesos a day wasnt enough, maybe I should have tipped more. The resort overall was great. the weather was hot, the food was good. have no complaints about the property. Staff worked hard to clean up behind everyone. I feel bad that alot of people think they don't have to clean up behind themselves, I know its alot of money to travel and we all expect good service, but I was disapointed how guests left tables and plates a mess. It would require 1 worker dedicated behind some people just to clean up. They don't have the staff to do it. So if you tidy up a little it helps them provide better service to other guests. We did the catamaran and had a great day, lots of memories from the trip. Resort is great for kids, lots of pools and things to do. Cancun is a busy airport compared to what i was used too but everything went fine. Was offered items on the beach but sellers were kind and didn't pressure you to buy. Beds were kinda firm, we slept anyway. First time in Mexico! So many places to choose to return too, but will consider them all.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, far tower, great view , adult pool is located on first floor main foyer...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EastCoastMafiaTravel

Dear EastCoastMafiaTravel,

First of all we would like to thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write a review.

We profoundly apologize for such an unfortunate experience as the items missing from your room. I wish you reported this issue while at the hotel, I’m sure we would have found the way to solve it. If you like you could contact me directly and I could try to investigate the matter with our staff. This is something that is highly disturbing and I understand your disappointment.

On the other hand, we are so glad that you had a great time at the resort and enjoyed many activities on and off property.

We truly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow up on your comments concerning the experience with the shortfall in our service.

I sincerely hope that you return to Crown Paradise Cancun in the future and give us another chance to show you the wonderful service and superior quality that we strive to provide our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a wonderful resort!! I agree with other people who say not to believe the bad reviews. I was only a bit concerned considering some of the bad reviews, and pictures. But I did not experience any of this! It's absurd! I'm glad I disregarded those comments!! I chose this resort in the end because of the children's play area. Unfortunately, that was closed for repair! While that could have been a down point, they made up for it in every way! They had lots of other activities for the kids (maybe not normal, just in this case as the pool area for the kids was closed). My son was sad about that, but he had such a blast in the other pools and at the activities they otherwise held for the kiddos. He had so much fun.

From the moment we arrived, the service was impeccable. Every person at the resort was so friendly! We had so much fun with the bar staff, very amicable!! They were such great guys. They paid incredible attention and knew always who was waiting to be served. Our last day we took a pic with them :) Otherwise, every staff member there was very friendly and always willing to help! The bars were hopping. There is a bar in the lobby at night, and another closed off bar for adults only. Loud fun music, but the entertainment is a lot in Spanish so we didn't get too involved (don't speak it). We had no problems learning many words though and speaking what we could. Not an issue.

We did go in down season, October. So it wasn't terribly busy, and it was wonderful. (It poured rain only one day of our stay, that was a stay in day. The rest of the days were bright, hot, and sunny). They still did great pool entertainment every morning. The pools were all fabulous. The view is stunning from the infinity pool. The pool bars were always ready to serve and again, the guys were great, always noticing everyone who came to the counter. I never had to wait long for a drink, was always tended to right away. The restaurants on the pool deck were great! Choice of Asian style, or Western. Always lots of food on hand. Hard not to gorge yourself.

We loved the nightly entertainment!! The dance troop was incredible!! What a show they put on every night!! Michael Jackson was our fave. We really enjoyed the shows.

The bus stops in front of the resort. It was easy and cheap to travel to the mall and town. Lots of great restaurants to go to. Though we didn't need to, we were well looked after at the resort. Like most all inclusives (the option we chose) it was necessary to book early. We booked at the beginning of our stay and already there were days that some restaurants were fully booked. The restaurants were lovely! The food was average to amazing. Some dishes were absolutely divine, and some were just basic and bland. We were most fond of the Seafood and the Western Steak Restaurants. We didn't try the Spanish one. The buffet was outstanding. Actually many quite delicious selections, so varied. All tastes. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all fantastic. Can't say enough good things about it. The midnight-6am cafe had basic bland western food. Fries, burgers, nachos, quesadillas. It was good just for some sustenance after many drinks.

Ooohhh the drinks. They have a ton of ideas for drinks already on the menu, and they are incredible. We were so in love with the wonderful concoctions!! Everything from cocktails to margaritas to shots. Absolutely delicious. One point I must make, the house wine was disgusting. I am a wine devotee, and this wine was the worst of the worst. It was thoroughly awful. And I'm not the pickiest of wine drinkers. I like mid range wines, around $10-20. You will want to purchase wine from the bar or restaurants if that is your drink of choice. We went to the Walmart in town and purchased some great wine for inexpensive. I also have to note that the coffee here was also terrible. Worse than cheap coffee at your nearby convenience store. I can't even understand how you can make such bad coffee to begin with, but it was puke worthy. It's hard to picture this from simple coffee, I know, but I'm not exaggerating. I need my coffee fix, and I couldn't even force this stuff down. But I had a machine added to my room and those beans were definitely better! So, not a loss :)

The resort was gorgeous. Beautiful architecture. Absolutely lovely entrance fountains and garden pond. It is an expansive resort, quite large. Every part of it is easily accessible. The buffet is central. The ocean and beach is quite large and stunning. Tons of beach loungers and shelters. We walked a long ways down the beach late at night, and it was beautiful. Felt very safe. Lots of security too though. (A minor presence, barely noticeable).

Our room was lovely. Modern and sophisticated. Beds were comfy and clean. Stunning ocean view. Window door easily opens and closes. No issues at all. NO bugs either. Contrary to some other opinions!!

All in all, we had an absolutely excellent stay. No complaints at all. From anyone in our party. We were all sad to go!
Most pictures are already posted, but I will post some more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MykyNyky

Hola MykyNyky,

Thank you for such a detailed review. We appreciate all your kind comments and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us.
We love the fact that you found our installations, activities, entertainment, food selection and service to be excellent, and much appreciate your constructive comments regarding the coffee and house wine. I will pass them to the appropriate department, as they will help us improve the services we offer for our guests.

Once again, thank you for sharing your opinion, we are looking forward to welcoming you again and create new vacation memories for you.
It was a pleasure having you here in Crown Paradise.

Saludos,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This time last month i was at the crown paradise hotel. I do not known really where to start apart from this is one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in.
We payed extra for a crown plus room room the room was lovley and the boat party that came with the room was fab too.
The room services and cleaners was brilliant every one was happy to help.
The food was amazing i am not one for buffets but when we arrived the new buffet had just opened i enjoyed eating in there a lot was like a world buffett.
The pool bars serving food all day was good too lots of choice for food all day.
The resturants was excellent , the best was the french i felt like i was eating in 5 start resturant paying a lot of money and the service in this resturant made it very romantic and very special.
The steake house was great felt like i was in old american diner.
Mexican was also good infact i dont have a bad word to say about anything here the food was good quailty the services and the people was very freindly and helpfull.
Theres is lots for kids too i came with my partner we dont have any children but if i did i would bring them to the crown paradise. Aslo there is a adult pool and lots to do for adults.
I have to finish saying the bar staff are brillant all of them the guys working day and night are very friendly helpfull and made me laugh all the time . These guys work very hard ( they should get a pay rise and the cleaners thry work very hard too.)
All in all i will 100 percent be coming back to the crown paradise if i ever come to mexico again i will not stay any other hotel but this !!!!

Room Tip: Crown Paradise club Room 5 th floor the view was amazing
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 739JennyD
Elena A, Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hola 739JennyD,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your recent stay at Crown Paradise.

It gives us great pleasure to read that your experience was wonderful and that it was your best holiday ever.
We appreciate all your positive comments regarding our property and especially for highlighting our staff’s excellent service. They really go above and beyond to fulfill our guests’ needs and show the true spirit of our resort.

It would be our pleasure to be your hosts again, please let us know in advance if you’ll be visiting us in the future, we’d love to make a special welcome for you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Pros - Nice property on the beach and staff is friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was much better than buffet.
Cons - No refrigerator or water in room, 24 hour room service has limited menu, buffet food is adequate, reservations are required for restaurants and takes 30 minutes of dialing a busy number to get an operator.
BIG CON - On a cold day, booked 80 minute massage and was required to pay in advance ($160 cash). Arrived in damp bathing suit/wrap and was escorted to relaxation room. After 5-10 minutes I asked for a rob/slippers and was told I was going to another location for massage. I was taken out of the building, walked through lobby (COLD AND WINDY IN WET SUIT - so much for relaxing) down a corridor, up a dark stairway to the massage room. The massage was "deep tissue" but was not deep and masseuse had limited abilities. She spoke Spanish and couldn't understand my requests. After the massage, I was escorted back to the relaxation room, given a "calf bath" and warm neck pillow. I was never offered a rob, slippers, locker, water, juice or anything expected with a $160 spa experience!! I can see why they ask for the money UP FRONT!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kathy K

Hola Kathy K,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Crown Paradise Cancun for your vacation.

We are truly sorry that your spa experience was not what you expected, and we sincerely apologize for that. We certainly intend that our guests leave feeling pampered and relaxed, and your comments are very helpful as they let us know where we fell short regarding our guests’ satisfaction.

We appreciate your feedback and the time you took in posting, and hope that we would have the opportunity to welcome you again here in Crown Paradise.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went in June with my fiance, we had an amazing holiday.
We had upgraded out room to the club, so had our own lounge for breakfast and drinks.
All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and meet some lovely people there.
Only disappointing thing of the holiday was what we thought was the paragliding and it was actually a seated sort of paragliding. This trip was sold at the hotel.Other than that the hotel was lovely.
Room service was fairly quick, room cleaned and restocked everyday and hotel seemed very family friendly. We did send most days at the adult pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple