“Great wedding hotel”

Ranked #58 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Corozal Town, Belize
“Great wedding hotel”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great service from group sales, desk staff (Oscar) and the wedding planner (Ms Olivia). Everything was fantastic. The wedding went off without a hitch. The wedding was beautiful and the service was super.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BBowers11
Katarina P, Social Media Coordinator at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hola BBowers11,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It gives us such joy to know that our hotel was the perfect choice for you, and that everything was fantastic.

Thank you for your kind comments about the service provided by our great staff. I’m sure that Evelyn and Oscar will highly appreciate it.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Best wishes,
Katarina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,388)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived there we upgraded $560 for a club room (well worth it)..great room, exclusive club lounge (which was nice for a little drink) Nicole the concierge was great for booking rooms and dinner reservations. Also included was a gourmet meal in the french which was really nice.
Rooms were perfect, alicia our maid was lovely and did a great job, lovely view and daily stocked minibar came in handy with the weather.
Food..buffet restaurant was great for breakfast but we only went once for evening....but every restaurant was great, service and food wise. French was my personal favourite but adults only and need to wear trousers.
Pool bars were great, only went to adults once as the atmosphere wasnt great.
We didnt have the best weather but the hotel was so good that it didnt really matter.
Had discount on the fab golf cpurse which was good.

Any questions just give me a message.

4 Thank FiFiGeorge
Katarina P, Social Media Coordinator at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hola FiFiGeorge,

Thank you for the time you took in posting your feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is so nice to hear that everything about your holiday was really great, the food, the facilities, the service and that despite not such good weather you were able to enjoy and have a memorable experience.

Thank you for your comments about Nicole and Alicia and their excellent service, I’ll be happy to pass on your kind words to them.

We’ll be delighted to give you another warm welcome at Crown Paradise Cancun, please let us know when you return.

All the best,

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Totally honest!!! I can not believe some of the reviews on here,im sure people go on holiday to moan about the slightest thing wrong! I stayed here for a week and its by far the best hotel ive stayed in,its not 5star but i didnt expect it to be,for the price we paid. If you want 5 star then the ritz is down the road! Plenty of choice when it comes to food,steakhouse,mexican,italian,french,sea food and a the main restaurant,same with drinks anything you want you can have,some all inc will only let you have 2 drinks at a time here you can grab as many as you want! Room was great we upgraded to honeymoon which was even more fantastic,yep there was a few things i could pic at but i didnt go away to spend time in the room,it was clean and comfy thats all that mattered! Yes there can be a smell but as soon as you land off the plane you get the same smell so guessing its a mexico thing maybe to do with weather,you dont notice it after a day or 2. Overall i recommend this hotel to anyone,and i always say dont read trip advisor! You would never go away if you believed most of the reviews on here!

5 Thank Gemma S
Hola Gemma S,

Thank you for this gratifying review! It is a real pleasure to read your wonderful comments, thank you for sharing them with us.
We’re glad that you enjoyed our restaurants and found the food selection and beverages satisfying. We constantly work on how we could extend and improve our services so I hope next time you visit us, we will surprise you again!
Cancun has a tropical climate, with high humidity levels during the month of September which can cause the smell you described, but as a destination it has so many things to offer, and once you breath in the ocean breeze while relaxing on your hotel’s balcony, you easily forget about humidity.

We certainly hope to see you again in this piece of Paradise, please feel free to contact me when you come back.

Saludos from Cancun,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Crown Paradise Club at the end of September. My room was a king size/ocean view and it was amazing! The view from the balcony was beautiful as well as the room itself. Everything, including the restaurants and resorts were clean. The staff are friendly, helpful and genuine.

The buffet food, however, was really bad. I recommend purchasing the package that includes VIP restaurant access.

Go to Chichen Itza!
Go to Xcaret!
Go to Isla Mujeres!

Do not, no matter what, drink the water. Even if it's "purified" there are
microbes your stomach won't handle.

Don't be afraid to bargain.

Change your money into pesos.

Crown Paradise was worth my money and I'm coming back.

2 Thank akma923
Hola akma923,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at Crown Paradise Cancun.

It is really gratifying to know that the resort fulfilled your expectations, and that your stay was worthwhile. Our main goal is to provide our guests with the best possible service and amenities to make their stay a unique experience.

We’re sorry that you weren’t pleased with our buffet food, we strive to offer a great variety of food options in our 7 restaurants at the property, which are accessible to all our guests, not to forget snack bars and 24 hours room service.

In reference to your comment about the water, I’d like to assure you that our water supplier is a National company which is guided by very high hygiene standards required by the Ministry of Health.

Feedback such as yours is always well received. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best wishes from Cancun.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is my 3rd time to the Crown Paradise and by far my most enjoyable. We booked a club floor room for the first time and it was worth the extra, they views were amazing and the room so much larger with the massive jacuzzi in the corner. I was hearing people complaining about the food constantly, im not sure where they were eating but the food was good quality especially in the a la catre restaurants.
I particually enjoyed having breakfast in the club floor lounge and Nicole the concierge there was always very helpful and met all our needs.
My favourie restaurant was the French, the beef fillet was superb and the added extra of no kids was just a bonus.
You cant walk 100 yards with out seeing member of staff cleaning, gardening or painting, so the hotel and grounds are well maintained
Quite mention to PAVON in the club floor lounge bar of an evening, his service was 2nd to none and always kept the drinking flowing with a smile.
I will definately be returning to the Crown Paradise

Room Tip: If you have the budget, choose a club floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colin B
Hola Colin B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and even more so for your preference and loyalty to our resort.
It is so great that you experienced the amenities of our Crown Club Rooms and enjoyed the amazing ocean view.
It is a pleasure to hear that you loved our food selection, and I definitely have to agree with you that our French restaurant is exquisite, and to hear that our staff created a significant difference to your holiday enjoyment, thank you for mentioning some of them, I’m sure they will highly appreciate it.
Don’t wait too long to come back, we’ll be delighted to have you as our guest again and create a perfect holiday for you. Please contact me directly when you return, to help you with any pre-arrival arrangements.

Saludos from Cancun,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let me collect my thoughts on this vacation. I went with my boyfriend, and the group I went with was five couples, no children. We called two weeks before the upgrade our standard room to the crown club room, only an extra $30 when I called through funjet. NOT BAD AT ALL! Some of the better things you get with the upgrade is:
1. Only adults in this tower
2. Louge area on the 8th floor has private breakfast, much better food than in the buffet, and at night its a private bar, where we are served more premium liquor than the standard guests
3. On Tuesday, you are able to go on the "booze cruise", which was a blast. However, you have to reserve your spot on Monday, by 10am. We obviously were flying out on Monday, so we hung around on Tuesday hoping some folks didn't show, in which we were able to tag along. This was a blast! Free food and drinks for three hours on the ocean, same food, drinks, and staff as the resort.
4. Room is equipt with a jacuzzi, fruit plate, sparkling wine, and robes!

On to the other parts of the resort. The adults only pool was closed for construction during our stay, Sept. 23-29, however, the main pool was great. It looked over the ocean and had small buffet next to the bar. The cheeseburgers and chips were the best food to eat there. A few steps away is a Japanese buffet, which had some good spring rolls, I did not trust the sushi.

The main buffet serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the food is entirely the same everyday. Its average, nothing spectacular. Most of us stuck with what we liked each time.

The major concern in this resort is the LACK OF A/C. I was pretty much only cooled off in my room. The bars lack A/C, the lobby in the resort lacked it, the hallways to your room lacked it (also there was no breeze so it felt like 100 degrees in there), the restaurants lacked it too.

The speciality restuarants were okay, the French was the best, and this is Crown Club room only guests. Mexican and Italian were better than the buffet. Wayne's boots was questionable, and the following morning I was sick, so I would think that that was the reason. The seafood restaurant wasn't great at all. The fish was super "fishy" smelling, and I eat alot of seafood to know that there shouldn't be a strong odor. Good thing is that you can book a restaurant every night of your stay, just call the day before!!

Service here is great, and the employees are always willing to help. I had a massage at the spa, and the rest of our party did as well. It was very relaxing and well worth the $$.

I liked our stay, but unless there are major upgrades, I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: If you book the standard room first, you can call your travel provider, i.e. funjet or apple, and as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hola JessSwizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to our resort.
As you have already mentioned our Crown Club Rooms which are located on the top 4 floors of the Crown Tower, include some amazing amenities, and are specially tailored for our guests traveling without children. I’d like to clarify that our French a la carte restaurant is accessible to all our adult guests.
We’re really sorry that you felt that the air conditioning was not sufficiently cool, as an ocean front property the hotel is designed so that many areas are open and year-round have a beautiful ocean breeze.
Thank you for your observations about our food selection, I’m sorry for the discomfort you felt, but I feel I must add that we follow very strict procedures, which allow us to own the recognition “Distinction H”, required by the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health in order to meet all hygiene standards that are part of the Mexican Norm NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004.

We appreciate your kind comments about the service, and we sincerely hope that we have another opportunity to host you and make your vacation a truly memorable experience.

Best wishes from Cancun,
Nottingham
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went to Cancun in September 13 for two weeks. Hotel looked fab, great location and the rooms were very nice. The problem for us was the food.....the soups and bread were good. The burners for the meat was always on, but no meat apart from chicken and stew for the main every night.....we did ask if they had any steak and the chef said no then at 9pm the very same night out it came...not very good hay. There were the other stations to get food but it was often very spicy and not to our taste. The other thing was the entertainment. It was in a special room like a theater, rows of seats with no where to put your drinks or feel comfortable so we only watched two shows and didn't end up seeing both of those. The other entertainment: singers were in the college bar, well this was just like a cafeteria....with a games room added. Not the sort of place where you want to sit and watch a artist, no stage for them either. All in all not the best place I've been but with a bit of changing around they could make this much better. Returning visitors said that this year was the worst year they had been and they would vote with their feet next time. No staff either for the bars so consequently tempers rose at the bars, poor barmen very busy but the drinks were not what you asked for due to them being so busy. Lovely hotel but get the situation sorted out or you will loose your customers.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are ok, but request a higher floor for the view stunning..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hola Scubydo,

Thank you for sharing your recent holiday experience at Crown Paradise Cancun.
We’re sorry that although you were quite pleased with our hotel, its location and facilities, you weren’t satisfied with our food selection. Our main goal is to offer the best in our services and dining options, with 7 restaurants, 5 of them a la carte offering specialty cuisine.
Thank you for your constructive feedback about the nightly entertainment, we highly value all our guests’ opinions, and take them into consideration when implementing new features in the hotel.
Once again, thank you very much for posting, and it would give us a great pleasure to have you back with us. Please feel free to contact me if you have any pre-arrival requests.

All the best from Cancun,