“Still good second time round”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed 7 nights at this resort for the second time and I must say it was still as good as the first time. Staff are super friendly and very hard working. Kids club and teen club was great for the kids while we enjoyed our privacy.

• Stayed: August 2013
Elena A, Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hola Sharad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your second visit to Crown Paradise Cancun, especially your comments regarding our kids activities, I will share with the staff and I'm sure it will please them greatly.

We would love nothing more than to see you a third time... be sure to let us know if you do.

Elena

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic holiday had by party of 7 consisting of 5 adults 1 teen & a girl of 11. The people in Cancun are really friendly & not at all pushy trying to sell you trips etc. This hotel is brilliant and the food choice is great. The only thing that could have made it a bit better would be for it to have an evening bar outside. We will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Pauline H
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Pauline H,

Thank you for taking the time in posting. I am glad to hear that you were able to visit us and that you had a wonderful time with your family. Yes we do offer great packages of all types so that families are able ou to visit us year after year. We hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Sincerely

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I must say at check in I was mpressed with the lobby and the staff. I was greeted with cold towels to wash My face on arrival. Our room was not quite ready yet so we were invited to enjoy the amenities that included the poolside entertainment and the buffet. The atmosphere was promising with a lot of energy and a very clean pool area with plenty of seating.
The food on the buffet is very average. We were not
able to make reservations for dinner that evening because the reservations were closed at the time. You are allowed to make reservations from 8 AM to 1400 hrs. Also be warned if you are traveling in a large group you will not get to sit together. I will say the waitstaff did their best at trying to seat us In close proximity to each other But we're not allowed to move or push tables together. We had a group of six adults and six
children. I will say the food in the restaurant was better (not hard to do)
than the food on the buffet and the servers were great.

And then things pretty much got
worse. Checking into our room it had a heavy musty moldy smell
The other members of our party
Noted the same smell in their room as well. The rooms appeared clean smelled otherwise and very dated.

The drinks were extremely weak sometimes questioning whether or not there was any alcohol in
them at all. It was also very difficult to get served. Finding staff to bring you drinks was not an easy task.

I did find that they did do a great job at keeping the beach clean. There was constantly staff down
at the beach picking up glasses,papers, trash. etc. Every morning they raked the seaweed up And there was always plenty of seating.
I would like to note that the staff always appear to be working very very hard and were friendly
However the good did not outweigh the bad and I will
will not be staying again.

2  Thank JodyAnnn
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed for two weeks. The hotel itself was decent always something to do especially for kids. The service was aweful though. We had money stolen out of our safety deposit box. Partly my fault I hid the key in my personal belongs thinking that the cleaning staff do not search trhough my stuff. Well I was wrong and they stole 670.00. I filed my report and all they could say was next time take your key... I definatley will not be putting my money into this place knowing they have thieves that work there. they checked us out 1 week early and locked us out of our room several times.. Also our first room was dangerous the balcony door was broken and we were afraid it would fall. Cleaning people refolded dirty towels and put on rack. Disgusting..... and dishonest people.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel or you will get stuff stolen and your personal belongings will be snooped...
2  Thank Carla D
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is perfect, the resort is stunningly beautiful, the service can't be beat! Their chicken wings at the beach bar are scrumptious & the many restaurants serve great food with a lot of variety. Also their is so much else to see & do that you really need one week minimum.
I am really hoping to go back. Great place for kids of all ages too!

Room Tip: Center building if possible on the 6th or 7th floor. However most room have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JeffnTerry

Dear JeffnTerry,

What a short but wonderful review!! Thank you very much for taking the time to tell others reading Tripadvisor of our amazing staff and amenities. I am delighted that you had a great time and will be returning if possible.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed August 17, 2013

With or without kids, this is a great Resort to spend your Cancun vacation. We got back a couple days ago from a 7 night/8Day Cancun trip and stayed at this Resort. We go on 2-4 vacations per year and have stayed at Many hotels/Resorts. We are an active couple with 2 kids (3 and 7). We had stayed at the sister property in Vallarta and loved it in the past, so when we planned Cancun and saw a Crown Paradise here also, it was a no-brainer for us. lt did not disappoint, it was AWESOME.

All the rooms have amazing ocean views and balconies, and the color of the ocean is great, very clear/true Caribbean. The beach has beautiful sand and ocean is very swimmable. I had a friend stay at another resort a few weeks prior to us and he and his wife were "eaten up" by sand fleas, so we were prepared, but none of us had any issues with that, despite much time on the beach - so I'm assuming it is in different parts of Cancun that has that as an issue, but not a problem here. No beach vendors, which was great as many beaches in Mexico have vendors constantly and although I like a good deal on a souvenir, these guys can be a distraction and there were none. Also, no seaweed, yea, my friend who paid a lot more than me and was in Cancun a few weeks prior at a different resort, said the beach at his resort had a lot of seaweed so I was glad that was not the case here.

Multiple restaurants (all very good - French, Seafood, Upscale Mexican, Steak house, and Italian, plus the Huge Palapa Buffet which is really good (plentiful, tasty, and choices galore) - they also have sushi, burgers, dogs, etc available all day by the pool - don't miss the sushi (and other asian fare) which is in it's own building behind the burger stand near the main pool. Also 24/7 room service which was surprisingly quick, and helpful on days we went on excursions and did not have time to go to a restaurant. If want breakfast remember to put the door hanger on your doorknob the night prior - all other times of day we just called room service.

Many pools, 5 I can think of - the 3 adult ones have plenty of access to bars and food (all food and drinks, alcoholic as well, included) all day. The main one with infinity edge overlooking sand and ocean, a 2nd large main one also with ocean view, an indoor pool (has cover but open on the sides), a pool with 2 large water slides going into it and the kids pool.

Regarding the kids pool and kids areas, they are godsends for parents who want some adult time, as you can check your kids in and they are supervised and in a large, fun, enclosed area with tons to do... Kids Paradise with multiple water slides, pirate ship, dolphins and seal sculptures spraying water, large buckets dropping spraying water from overhead, etc, etc - my kids LOVED it - plus attached is a a basketball court and large screen movie viewing area). I mentioned you can check your kids in...ages 4 plus at Kids Paradise - if 0-3 years old then you ck them into Baby Paradise, which has a shallow wading pool, small slide, games, etc). Of course you can bring your kids with you to the adult pools - it seemed one of the adult pools had kids also but the other 2 adult pools were basically kid free, which is a nice option). You can play with your kids 3 and under in the large kids area (pirate ship water slides, etc) but you cannot leave them there, which is appropriate - again if you want to leave the younger one (0-3) you can but at Baby Paradise not Kid Paradise. Which was great since we had a 3 and 7 year old.

Despite hearing the hotel was at near capacity, there was rarely a wait for food or drinks and if there was it was never more than a 2-3 minute max (except one night late night - 11pm or so, dining at an outdoor place near the main reception, the line looked like 10-15 minutes so we just went up and ordered room service - which took more than 10 mins but we could stare at the white of the waves crashing from our balcony while waiting with a drink :)

Service - WOW, Much better than I would have expected for the price. Also loved the attention to detail, greeted with a drink at ck in, towels made into different fun animals every day for the kids, etc. Another good example, I asked where a bathroom was and a worker stopped what he was doing and walked me to it, not just a verbal description.

They have a turtle hatchery on the beach and I noticed many people at night with flashlights on the beach, I was told they were releasing baby, newly hatched turtles to the ocean, that would have been cool but we never looked into it.

The one thing to be aware of is the main pool chaise lounges get reserved pretty early, by about by 9am the ones immediately around the pool have towels on them. There are plenty of other chaise lounges right there, but if you want one right on the pool get your towel down early - that is only for the main infinity edge pool.

Other info... Disco looked very cool, walked in and out - no time to stay, bar next door to disco - well done and great place to chill and watch the white of the waves at night. Teen area - big screen theater, pool tables, ping pong, foos ball, air hockey, video games, loud music, etc, etc, when I was that age would have loved it. Nightly shows, only went once because busy with so many options there, it was very good and ppl we talked to at the hotel said the ones we missed were very good.

Overall, great time and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a higher floor and that maximized the Ocean View - also it's nice because you can see dow...
8  Thank Chris S
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Chris S,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun, I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing such an amazing review!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I am so happy to hear after visiting our PV location, that we meet all your expectations and more. Please do keep your word and come back as it would be our pleasure to provide you and your family with yet another wonderful vacation.

All the best to your and your family

Sincerely

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my family's first time in Cancun and I have to say that the staff at the Crown Paradise made us enjoy our stay to the fullest. The girls working at the kids club were very nice to our 3 sons and kept them very entertained. They also made me and my husband feel comfortable to leave them there while we enjoyed a little adult time. The bartenders were great and kept me and my husband entertained :) Luis and Albert were the best....

The place was also very clean, there was someone always cleaning the common areas and restrooms.

The only cons were that the beds were not very comfortable and the food was a hit and miss. Some food was better than other, but we got the hang of it by the 2nd day and knew what we liked and what we didn't.

The location was also ideal because it is not in the center of all the clubs and shopping. I am really happy that it was a little secluded.

I would definitely go back and recommend it to traveling families, however for single people with no kids there are better resorts that would better suit them.

2  Thank Mexicana143

Dear Mexicana143,

I am so happy to hear that we met so many of your expectations and that you find us recommendable to family and friends. Yes our wonderful team do give their all to ensure that each and every guest enjoys their time with us while visiting beautiful Cancun.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future