9,835 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First of all, I would like to thank Laura from Thomas Cook for being the best rep ever!! So kind, friendly and was there if you needed her!

Now, the hotel, we arrived on 7th July 2013 and it was amazing! Greeted with bucks fizz cocktails & check in was fast. bell boys were great, bet us up to our room waiting with our cases.

Beautiful sea views from our room,the room was lovely, very large bed. The only problem was no fridge? Would have been good to have a fridge, especially in the heat. The air con was great but gave us all a cold but we probably had it on the wrong setting.

The lobby is lovely & the lobby bar staff get to know you and have a laugh. "TEQUILAA".

We loved sitting at the adult pool during the day. No kids running around and adult only toilets and bar.

During the day was nice, hot most days and just chilling out with a cocktail. However, night time was pretty.. boring! If you have kids it would probably be sufficient as it seemed there was lots to keep them going. But for adults there isnt much apart from sitting at a bar the whole night. This was good but got tedious. Cancun is a young persons playground with nightclubs and beach clubs all night to party the night away. My sister and I went out many times and it was excellent. However my mum and aunt were a bit old for the clubs so they found it very boring sitting around the hotel.

We returned from this holiday with mexican flu/swine flu, not sure if this had anything to do with the hotel, probably wouldnt return to this hotel.

We did have a good time during our stay though.

Travelled as a family July 2013.

Room Tip: You must tip to get good service or you get ignored. $1 per drink ordered. This is a bit silly, they are only doing their paid job and expect tips EVERY time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear babe93026,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time with us. I am sorry to hear that you returned with a bit of a cold. Unfortunately on many travels. from the front door, a person is exposed to many areas with possible virus as in the taxi on the way to the airport, the airport, other taxis on the way to the hotel, etc... it really does not reflect the hotel.

I do hope you will return in the future as it would be our pleasure to have you with us again.

Best wishes

Reviewed July 30, 2013

First the good, friendly staff, activities for kids & teens, theater shows & the spa. Now the BAD, the AC doesn't work properly, bedding always felt moist from humidity, the bed is really hard. I found a long, straight strand of hair on the bed (I have short curly hair). Room service food & trays are left outside room door in hallways for too many hours before removed. Bugs, bugs, bugs. Staff had to come in one day to treat the bug problem. The first room had so many bugs crawling around in the bathroom on my toiletries, on the night table & on the floor around the bed. Three days into my visit I also had to switch rooms at 1:30AM because there was a very huge cockroach on the wall in my room (another family member also saw a cockroach crawling on the countertop at the poolside bar). After switching rooms, I lifted my pillow and found a bug crawling. Needless to say I won't be visiting this resort again. I will be posting photos shortly. I traveled with a large group and we won't be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank astariam
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Love the new team everyone is interacting with all the visitors from around the world both young and older. Always a smiling face. They work hard to make all the clients happy throughout the day from 9:00 a.m. until into the evening. Great team.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Margot B
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Margotbrennan

Thank you for taking the time in posting and for complimenting our wonderful team. They absolutely do give their all daily and it is nice of you to take the time in showing appreciation. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Best wishes

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were guests at the Crown Paradise from July 18-23 2013. We traveled as a family with our two children ages 5 and 3. The hotel is AMAZING for families especially with children ages 4-12 years old. There were plenty of activities and our kids would have been happy spending the entire time drifting from pool, to beach to mini water park. We did a snorkeling excursion one day but the rest of the time we were completely satisfied on the hotel grounds and the beach. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is one gentleman in particular who left a lasting impression on our family due to his charisma and kind spirit. His name is Israel and we hope he's still there next year when we visit again. We also enjoyed every other staff member we interacted with. I still can't believe how attentive they all were. For example, when we were eating dinner in the buffet restaurant (it was very busy) I dropped my knife on the floor and within seconds, a waiter was at my table placing a new one beside my plate and picking up the one I dropped. And if you think it just happened to be a coincidence, I have another example to share. A few days later during lunch, my husband accidentally dropped his cup full of soda (thank goodness it was a plastic one). The same thing happened where we were met with a waiter who was already cleaning up after us before we could have a chance to grab napkins to wipe up the spill. I don't think the US 5 star restaurants even have that type of attention on their diners.

Our room was clean and the kids really enjoyed their daily surprise from the maid who folded the towels into animals, fans, etc and even sprinkled our bed with red rose petals on our last night. We were very happy with the overall cleanliness of the hotel.

There were a few things the hotel could improve on but in the big picture they were very minor though still worth mentioning. I've read the same comments in previous reviews so hopefully if enough people mention it, they can improve on these details. NEED MORE SHADE!!! The shade is very, very, very limited at the main pool area and on the beach. There are signs indicating that lounge chairs cannot be reserved however after our first day of sleeping in and heading down to the pool around 9am, we quickly learned and saw that people ignore the signs. Since shade is very important to our family's health, my husband had to wake up every morning thereafter at 6:30am and "reserve" 4 lounge chairs under the shade. As long as we had towels and a book or toy on each chair, they were ours for the entire day...whether we used them or not. This seems to be a consistent theme with the hotel guests because we saw lounge chairs that NO ONE EVER came to the entire day. They really need to figure out a better system. Another disappointing event happened the first day we arrived. We had been travelling all day and arrived around 7:30pm. We hadn't eaten dinner and our children had enough enough as did we. All we wanted to do was get to our room, freshen up quickly and head to the restaurant for some food. However, after we checked in, our bags were swooped away from us by the "bell boy" and we get cornered by someone else who tells us it is his job to do an orientation with us. I disputed the orientation telling him we were hungry and tired and asked if we could do it tomorrow instead. He escorted us to a canopy and said it was a requirement to do it that night before he was off the clock at 8pm. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!! Had I not been so tired, I would have given him a piece of my mind and insisted that we tend to ourselves first. Again, the hotel can improve on this "orientation." And finally, my last disappointment and probably the most important of all. My 5 year old daughter has a snuggie stuffed lamb that she brings everywhere because she has to sleep with it. Throughout our stay, we were curious to see where "lambie" would be after a day away from our room as the maid would always do something clever with her (tuck in the bed, make her be a part of the towel art, etc). Unfortunately on our last day we wanted to maximize our time at the resort so cut our check out time really close. We were frantically packing up and getting ready to check out and we left "lambie" behind in the kids' bed:( Not realizing it until we were boarding the plane, there wasn't anything we could do except hope the maid found her and we could have "lambie" mailed back to us. I immediately emailed concierge from the plane (on my phone) but here we are on July 27 and I have not received a response. I contacted the hotel directly via telephone when we returned to the states and was placed on a 30 minute hold after I explained the reason for my call and asked if they had found her. I had also stated I would pay any shipping charges to have "Lambie" returned to us. Fearing my phone bill, I hung up before anyone ever came back to the telephone. Being that this is a "family resort" I had hopes that they would have been a little more genuine about leaving "lambie" behind. We had a few rough nights when we returned to the states due to "Lambie's" endless Cancun vacation.

Anyway, I hope this review was helpful. Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Elke2013

Dear Elke2013,

On behalf I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting such a wonderful and detailed review. So many readers of Tripadvisors will appreciate the time you took. I am so happy to hear you had an amazing time and will be returning next year. Yes we are truly fortunate to have so many wonderful people on our team and I am so pleased that you took notice. Please let me look into finding Lambie for you… I am sure he would love to return home as well.

Again thank you for such a wonderful post.

Best wishes to you and your family

Sincerely

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by our friends. They visited Crown Paradise five years ago and they loved it.
My guess is that within the past 5 years the owners performed minimum improvements.

The bad:
- Our room smelled and the AC did not work properly (same comment from many guests). - We had to change our room key like 5 times and there was only three elevators for 7 floors and 40 to 50 rooms per floor.
- We purchased WiFi and signal was weak and constantly disconnecting

The good:
- The staff was very friendly and ready to help.
Especially the staff at the Kids Paradise.
A special thank you to:
- Noemi
- Paulina
- Jenny
- Michelle
- Alia
- Dulce
- Andrea
For the great times that the kids had during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank DNSNY

Dear DNSNY

Thank you for taking the time in posting on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that your children had an amazing time in Kids Paradise. We are certainly fortunate to have a wonderfully creative and fun team on our side keeping the little ones entertained while the parents enjoy a bit of R&R. I will pass along your comments to them as it is always nice to hear when your efforts are appreciated. Thank you for your constructive comments as well as this gives us an opportunity to improve.

Best wishes on all your future travels

Sincerely