9,825 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just returned from Cancun and spent 5 days here. We booked the package through Costco, it was our first time ever booking through them. The resort was nice, it was in the lower part of the hotel strip, it's exactly what it is... a 3 star all inclusive resort. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
nice activities for the kids, kept my kids excited and active
nightly shows were fun
beach was nice and clean
Kids' paradise water slides were fun

Cons:
CHECK IN:
SLOW....

AIR CONDITIONING
The first night we were there the air conditioning went down in the entire hotel... ugh it was hot and sticky the whole night and when we asked for an update, the answer we got was "it will cool down at night then it will be really hot between 8-10am" I have no idea why we got that response. When the air started to work it was weak.
POOL
The main pool area was packed by 8am and you can't get a seat, plus we had a towel taken from our chair and when we went to get another one they were going to charge us $35.00!

FOOD
OK-We're in mexico so we wanted Mexican food, and there was only one section and it was packed all the time, so it wasn't worth the wait.

Alcohol- WATERED DOWN DRINKS

Overall it was a decent trip, we love Cancun and have been 7x but the next time we go we'll try out another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank selinasantos
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear selinasantos,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience at Crown Paradise. I am pleased that you and your children enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel as we try to make it as fun as possible for the little ones. Please accept my apologies if we did not meet some of your expectations as we do try to provide the perfect holiday to each and all guests that visit us. I do hope you give us another try in the future if visiting beautiful Cancun. As our goal is to provide an amazing holiday and have our guests return year after year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The resort was beautiful and the view from the room was as well. Made reservations at the "nice restaurants" 4 nights out of 6 with no problem. The food and service was excellent! Caught a couple of the nightly shows and they were a lot of fun. There was plenty to eat or drink at any time. This is the 6th time I have been to Cancun and was really surprised by the quality of the hotel for the price. The only down side is that there are a lot of kids running around everywhere, but there are places to go that do not allow children.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Happiechick

Dear Happiechick,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that being a return visitor to Cancun, we fulfilled met your expectations and more. Yes we are a family hotel but as you mentioned, we have many options for couples as well if a little quiet time is what someone is looking for. We have adult only floors, pool, restaurants, clubs, etc… I do hope since you enjoyed yourself, this means you will be returning to visit us again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at Crown Paradise July 12-19 2013. My experience was generally pleasant, but would not stay here again.

PROS:
-Beautiful views from room
-Friendly and helpful staff (Roberto and Lucio on the beach were great!)
-Mexican and French restaurants were the best!
-Plenty of activities to keep busy

CONS:
-Mediocre buffet/room service food, many times was not cooked thoroughly
-STOLEN ITEM OUT OF MY ROOM (please read the below story)
-Thick wax film on many of the outside staircases. Actually caused me to fall.
-Beach peddlers. I know the hotel probably can't regulate this, but my family found them very distracting.

Stolen item from my room....

Short Version:
-phone charger stolen from room
-magically appeared in my room the following day
-management tried to charge me/make me return the charger upon checkout

DETAILED EXPLANATION:
While staying at Crown Paradise, my family went on an all day excursion (7:00a-4:00p). While gone, I had left my phone charger plugged into the kitchenette outlet. Upon my arrival, I noticed the phone charger was missing.

After tearing the room apart, I called security. They came up to room and also searched for the missing charger. They did a very accurate inspection of my room, going through all drawers and luggage. They had me fill out a report on the missing charger, and assured me they would replace the charger if it could not be found and follow up with me the next day.

The next day, after returning from the beach, I decided to look through my room once again. the first drawer I opened, contained a phone charger, but not the one I had lost. No note, no follow up from security. Since the charger was compatible with my phone, I didn't make a fuse about it, and assumed who ever has taken it had been reprimanded.

When I checked out a few days later, there was an extra charge on my room for a phone adapter. I had the option of paying the extra fee, or returning the charger. After telling the front desk clerk the story, he looked extremely confused and went to talk to management. He then came back with a lame explanation of why my charger went missing. Housekeeping saw the phone charger sitting by the sick and was worried it was going to get wet, so they did what they thought was the right thing...and took the charger out of my room! So, if my clothes were on the floor, would they have taken those out of the room because they thought they would get dirty? I refused to pay the fee, or return the charger.

This situation was handled very POORLY, and is the sole reason I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hannah J
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Hannah J,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you had issues while stayin with us. I would like to kindly ask you to contact me directly as to follow up on this further as we do not normally have claims of this nature and want to ensure that misunderstanding as these do not happen in the future. Please contact me via p/m. Thank you

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at Crown Paradise from 23rd May to 6th June. We had a lovely welcome and were greeted with a drink as we checked in. Then the bellboy took our suitcases up to our room. We stayed in room 1741 which is in tower 1 on the 7th floor. We booked the standard double room. We didn’t feel the need to upgrade as our room was perfect, a king size bed, flat screen TV, lovely bathroom (with bath & shower), an amazing view. The only thing missing was a fridge to keep our water in.

Staff
The maids did an amazing job; our room was cleaned every single day, with fresh bedding & towels daily. She also left us a bunch of red roses, and various towel animals. The room was always spotless. So helpful & kind! We even saw them leaning over the balcony and cleaning the outside balcony glass. All the staff was hard working, they could never do enough for you. Especially if you tip them, then they will keep coming back to you & offering you drinks, wiping your table etc. The pool men cleaned the pools every morning, even getting in the pool & scrubbing the walls down. The cleaners were always there to mop up any spillages, could not fault them, although you did get the odd grumpy staff member.

Pools & Beach
The Infinity Pool was amazing and so relaxing, but got very busy & crowded, as it is next to the pool bar & there is entertainment on during the day. We spent most of our time in the half circle pool, which was less crowded & there was always sun loungers free at any time of day, it was nice to listen to the music in the background from the entertainment. There was also the adult only pool bar, which was good. None of the pools are very deep. The beach is only a few steps down from the hotel, and was lovely, the only bad thing is that the sea was very rough, and you got people trying to sell you things every 5 minutes. You also got a beach towel card on arrival & can get fresh beach towels daily from the hut.

Trips
I really recommend doing trips whilst you are there. We booked ours with our holiday rep, she was so helpful. We swam with the dolphins, which is well worth the money, such a great experience. We also went on the Captain Hook Party Boat which was amazing. For the price we paid we got a Steak or Lobster buffet dinner, free drinks all night and got to party on the boat all evening, the pirate show is amazing. We also did the TC Project where we paid a price to get wristbands into 4 different night clubs in Cancun, one of them being Coco Bongos; in these clubs we got free drinks all night with the wristbands. However Coco Bongos was not as good as expected and was our least favourite out of the 4 clubs. By the time we got there we was crammed into the back of the club and couldn’t see a thing and because it was so busy we only managed to get one drink in here and ended up leaving early.

Shopping
La Isla is a great shopping village, all different kinds of shops, restaurants & cafes. There is also an Aquarium which is great value for money. La Isla is about a 10 minute ride away on the bus. The buses are like every minute outside the hotel, so easy to use and very cheap. No matter how far you’re going, each journey costs about 8 pesos or $1. So much cheaper than taxis. We also took a trip to Downtown Cancun to visit the Wal-Mart, which I wouldn’t recommend.

Food & Restaurants
As part of the All Inclusive you had a buffet breakfast (7am-11am) which was the same each morning for 2 weeks, although there was a massive variety of choice. There was allsorts. Buffet Lunch (12.30pm-3.30pm) & Buffet Dinner (5pm-9pm ish). For lunch and dinner you had different meats, salads, eggs, rice & potato dishes, and of course there was always puddings & fruit available for afterwards. During the afternoon the buffet was open for ice creams and cakes. I’m not a fussy eater so I didn’t mind the food. Drinks were unlimited. The ice cubes they use for drinks or purified water. There was also a pool side snack bar from 12ish – 6ish during the day which served burgers, hotdogs nachos etc & soft & alcoholic drinks. The burgers were amazing. There was a midnight cafe which was open from 9pm – 6am serving the same. There was also a Sushi Bar open during the day which was located near the beach, which served Chinese food as well. Room service was also available 24/7 but limited to what you can actually order from it, but it was great for ordering bottles of water each day, beers or cans of pop. The food was ok from room service but sometimes arrived cold and stale.
The restaurants Sans Souci, Fishermans, Wayne’s Boots, Los Gallos & La Piazza were all very good, although you have to book early in advance as we found when we were ringing at 8am that morning to reserve a table for that night or the night after they were often booked up. Sans Souci, which was the posh French restaurant was in very high demand and always booked up. I liked them all however we met some people who did have bad reviews. And the good thing was that you could go to the same restaurant more than once during your stay.

Bars
During the day you could get drinks from the adult pool bar, the snack bar, beach bar and the lobby bar. The pool, beach & a snack bar closed at 6pm therefore just left the Lobby bar the only one serving alcoholic drinks, this closed at 11pm. The Trafalgar which is an adult only bar was open from 10pm ish – 2am. So in the evening these were the only two places where you could get an alcoholic drink. In my opinion it would have really benefited in having an outside bar in the evening with an outdoor terrace area to sit. As there was no outdoor seating for the evenings and it just got to hot cooped up inside. There was a nightclub which joined onto the Trafalgar bar, but did not serve drinks in there; it was basically just a sweaty box room.

Money
Me & my boyfriend took dollars with us, but when you pay in dollars they give you pesos change, which is really confusing. My advice would be to just take pesos; it makes things so much more simple.

Weather
The first week the weather was amazing, very hot, little breeze so I found myself in and out of the pool all day. Unfortunately the second week we had an unexpected tropical storm and it rained, thundered and lightning for most of the week. The storm was that bad that it even smashed one of the buffet room glass window panels. Even the buses down to La Isla flooded as the roads where flooded! It was definatley and experience!

Still we had a brill holiday and it is what you make of it. Don’t believe the bad reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachBum713
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Skypie2012,

Thank you for taking the time in writing such a detailed review. So many Tripadvisor will appreciate the effort you took in sharing your time with us. I am so pleased to hear that you had an amazing time and that we met so many of your expectations and thank you for the special mention of our staff as they give their all daily to ensure a wonderful stay.

I do hope you will visit us again in the near future

Reviewed July 24, 2013

First time in Cancun and were amazed by the amenities and activities for kids. The Kids Paradise pool was superb, my daughters wanted to stay there the whole day if they could. There is a wide variety of day and night activities for children too. And since it was sea turtles nesting season, we had a first hand experience right off the shores at the hotel! The staff were very attentive too- Guillermo and Rubicel in La Palapa and Bartender Roger who worked so hard day and night to please everyone with their choice of spirits!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family