“Crown paradise great holiday CAN NOT FAULT”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Myself my husband and my 6 year old son stayed at the crown paradise for 2 week from the 30th may 2013, i was very sceptical about some of the comments on trip adviser well my family had a amazing time here and the staff are all really friendly and went out 110% there way to make our holiday the best nothing was to much, so the people who just like to pick negatives all the time, stay at home. On arrival was very fast checkin great just what you want after a 10 hour flight and 6 hours time difference and bellboys there to help you to your room, i am a really fussy eater but was always something to eat loads of choice for all and also 5 restaurant which you book a day in advance between 8am/4pm went to the steak house very good and had fun watching everyone on the rodeo bull them brave enough. Also the mexican good to didn't try any of the others but was told the seafood one was very good and another plus about this hotel is the room services from breakfast to snacks and drinks all in with the cost bottle water cans of diet coke sprite beers orange juice what ever you fancy just phone room service and well there food and drinks 24 hours what more can you ask for all the staff at this hotel are very friendly didn't come across one that wasn't but you have also got to understand they are all working in very hot conditions and don't stop for what i seen, so for the people with a problem take time out could you work in that heat and they do work hard so a little tip goes a long way for them i think, pools great water park and slides little boy loved it, my little boy as a lactose intolerance and they catered for every need just beware of the sea with your children as the waves are very strong we stayed away the beach and pool was more for us, great location buses 24 hours right outside hotel, to where ever you fancy going plenty to see and do lovely restaurants and bars everywhere. Rooms are a little out dated but clean maid service every day CAN NOT FAULT the crown paradise thank you to all for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: 1436 our room sea and pool view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Clare 191,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for your kind words regarding the hotel staff. We take pride in giving our guests the most cheerful friendly service possible. It is always our goal to provide our guest with a memorable vacation experience and it was nice to see we succeeded once again.

We sincerely hope you will return to visit us again in the near future

Best wishes,

Social Media Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (8,355)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Amazing hotel, five star service ! Will definefintly come back again next year. Food is superb and there is so much varity. Staff are so helpful and friendly and my favorite erick ! Overall i cant say one bad Word about the hotel ! Outstanding first time in Cancún México thanks to the crown paradise hotel

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank nicole egan
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear nicole egan,

How great to hear that we have earned yet another friend!! I am so pleased that we were able to make your first time in Mexico so wonderful and that while staying with us, you enjoyed our extensive and delicious food menu and that you appreciated the efforts of our amazing team. They give their all to ensure each and every guest has the best time, as you saw your yourself. Cancun is such a beautiful city and I do hope you make good on your promise of returning. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can assist you with making arrangements for your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is far from something I would relate to a Costco experience. The hotel has significant issues on Hygiene, Food, and Amenities

The day we arrived we were offered a room upgrade which we accepted and paid for. This should make the stay more enjoyable including bunk beds and minibar (all inclusive). During the first two days the minibar was empty, and only when we find out that we had to complain every single day, they would send someone to fill it in. It is clear that for the hotel is cheaper to serve sodas from the dispensers than to provide Cans or bottles into the room.

Hygiene: The cleanness of the hotel is far from acceptable. I'll provide some examples, about it.
1- The second day (Monday) there was one elevator out of service which left only two operational in our building. In one of those (middle one) someone vomited Watermelon before noon time. It was still there after noon time, and at dinner time. Fortunately it was cleaned for the next day.
2- On Thursday someone left a plate with french fries and ketchup in the alley on floor 4th (we were in room 1427) in front of the elevators. At some point someone tripled with it. On Sunday when we left there were still stains of ketchup and a few french fries on the floor. The plate was removed but the ketchup was never cleaned. Only cause some passengers walked over it it got dispersed (never cleaned).
3- We were 5 in the room, but even though we complained we were only provided 4 towels, therefore our kids have to share a towel.
4- There were some showers by the stairs coming back from the beach into the pool area, which were only repaired on Wednesday because of a wedding. Before that we had to do like everyone else, which was getting into the pool with the sandals to wash out the sand before going up to the room. Yes into the same pool everyone else was bathing.

Food: The food at the Buffet was terrible. The cleanness, specially on the place where they put the ice cream was unacceptable.
The hotel claims to have 5 restaurants, but we soon find out that their interest is to prevent guests from using them since it must be cheaper for them to feed you out of the buffet.
The way they manage this is to only allow you to go to the restaurant through a complicated booking system. Each day you have to wake up at 8:00 am and persist until you get the reservation made for the next following day. If you call later than 8:30 there is no more availability. You also have to go the same day of the reservation before 3:00 pm to get the voucher at the concierge, if not you loose the reservation.
Therefore, the first day, you can´t eat at a restaurant, the second you can´t either since you have not booked 48 hs in advance. If you go into a tour, you miss the opportunity to book for the following day and you miss the current day voucher, that means another two days without going to a restaurant.
By talking to other guests in average they are lucky to get 3 meals in a restaurant in a week.
In our case, as soon as we figured this out we complained with the manager and threaten him to file a formal complaint so we were favored without having to get the vouchers, though we still had to wake up at 8:00 am to make the bookings.

Once you get into the restaurants you find out that: "Wayne's boots" and "La Piazza" serve exactly the same food you find at different stops in the buffet. The mexican "Los Gallos" and "The fisherman" serve some plates of better quality. However the desserts are just different combinations of what you find in the buffet with the exception of one additional dessert at each of them.
Surprisingly inside of the restaurants almost 50% of the tables are empty. We counted 11 tables empty at the fisherman's restaurant, when we asked the waiter he said that is the hotel that manages the reservation, not the restaurants.

Amenities: there is a good section with a water park for kids up to 5/6 yrs and a nice mini-golf. This two are ok.
Besides that, the slides are damaged and not operational, and located in a section of the hotel that is isolated in front of a demolished building. They look unsafe and we did not saw anyone else using them.

There were no activities for the kids at the beach and only some (additional expense) indoor handcrafting activities.
The only recreational activity, was some games played at the pool: Dancing, Bingo, Water polo and volley, where 7 year old are expected to play together with grown ups, therefore they have no opportunity of playing at all.

We approached the manager three times in order to let him know our disappointment and when we asked him the book to set up a formal complaint he tried to talk us to send a letter to the general manager. Only after insisting he provided us the official complaint form which is sent to the "Secretaria de Turismo de Mexico" under folio N°67-

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank jjllau

Dear jjllau,

I would like to apologize on the behalf of Crown Paradise that our services and attention did not fulfill your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would have loved for you to experience the true spirit of our hotel while visiting beautiful Cancun.

You can be assured that your constructive criticism will be taken into consideration as it will, no doubt, help us to intensify our efforts and improve our services for our guests. Your comments have been passed on to the management teams for their evaluation.

I would like to note on a few of your comments:

Our staff works 24/7 to ensure the amenities are spotless and I apologize if something was overlooked as our staff give their all daily to ensure that no one is left with your impression.

We provide a wide variety of activities for children in both our Baby club and Kids club to keep them entertained daily. Mini Zumba, Water games, Sand Castles, Painting contests, Balloon Wars, Balloon Twisting, Treasure Hunts, Mini-Golf, Soccer, Hockey, Scuba Search, Chocolate Parties, Bingo, Face painting and so many more activities, thanks to our very creative staff. Also provide other indoor activities. We have an indoor pool, Gym, Collage (Movies, Sports, Table Games and varies other activities), Jetix (Game room, Pool Table, Fussball, Jukebox), Tea Time, Yumik Theatre with a different show every night. Numerous bars/clubs. Trafalgar´s and Nitro Disco to name a couple.

We do appreciate very much the time you have taken to review us on TripAdvisor as all comments are appreciated .

Best wishes on all your future travels, wherever they may be.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Kids club staf was amazing they were great with our son very professional and attentive my little one loves them the shows at night are really amazing the staff. Like jenny,alia,paulina,michel and noemi are the most wonderful people in the world if we could take them with us we will do it

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank ian krugger
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ian krugger

What a short but wonderful post!! Thank you for taking the time in sharing and yes, I must agree, We do have the most attentive and friendly staff in all of Cancun without a doubt. We are truly fortunate to have Jenny, Alia, Paulina, Michel an Noemi …just to name a few on our team. I am glad your son enjoyed our nightly theater shows. I hope since you cannot take us with you, that you will return to us 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance.

Best wishes

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you're looking for complaints you will not find any here! The hotel and staff were amazing, they could not have been any more welcoming and helpful if they tried! The room we had was excellent (7th floor), ocean/lagoon view as well as looking onto down town Cancun. We spent the majority of our time at the relaxed adult only pool, with the luxury of a swim up bar! The bar man Felipe, was the best barman you could wish for, greeting you with a 'woop woop' in the morning and always making sure we had fresh drinks.

Now onto food, we ate at all restaurants except the Fishermans (sea food), just because we're not fans of sea food. The French restaurant is by far the best, and don't be put off by the strict dress code on the Crown Paradise website, long trousers/jeans/chinos and closed footwear are acceptable as well as a polo t-shirt, I myself wore a shirt, jeans and trainers. The food is top quality but you have to book early as it gets booked pretty quick. If you don't feel like sitting in a restaurant then there is always the La Palapa, or as we called it, the buffet hut! with a wide variety of different foods we always had a plate full!

The cleanliness of the hotel in general was very impressive, working around the clock to make sure all guests were comfortable. The maid was in every day, and we even saw them buffing the floor as we came out of the hotel 'nightclub'. There was a man who cleaned the tiles of the pool every morning, which is the first hotel we have seen this happen.

With busses running every two minutes its very easy to get to down town Cancun from the resort and two trips we would definitely recommend are the Jungle Tour and visiting Coco Bongos!

This was the first holiday me and my partner had together and we would definitely stay at Crown Paradise again if we get the chance to return to Cancun!!

G.Griffiths & F. Westney - Sheffield, England

Room Tip: If you have any spare money when booking the holiday we would recommend paying for the upgrade to a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth G

Dear Gareth G,

I am so happy to hear that we made your trip so amazing!! Our team always give their all to ensure that each and every guest leaves with a wanting to return. I am glad to hear they succeeded again. Thank you for taking the time in posting such a wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Palapas and almost all the restaurants and that you appreciated the efforts of our staff, that as you saw, do work 24/7 to ensure the hotel is as spotless as possible. I do hope you both have the opportunity to return in the future as it would be wonderful to have you stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any help.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My Husband and I visited this resort 11-25 May this year. This was a great time of year to go as we only had about 6 minutes of rain the whole time we were there. We kept reading that this hotel is 5 stars, this hotel is not 5 stars and in some areas only 3.5 I would say. I have stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites in Riviera Maya and that was 5 stars. When we arrived we had no queue for checking in. This is because we used a Virgin flight and it seemed we were the only ones going to this hotel. We were not served with a welcome drink and thought the check in was a little rushed. We were given our leaflet of the resort and sent on our way. Before we left from the UK we had upgraded to the Crown Club rooms which means we had purple bands rather than the orange ones most people were wearing. I would recommend the hotel produce a leaflet with all the amenities/facilities that come with the purple band. We only knew about the lagoon lunch cruise as we researched, but I spoke to one couple who had missed out on this opportunity because they didn't know about it. However the lunch cruise was great fun, food good, atmosphere good and an opportunity to see a bit more of Cancun. With the purple band you also get to use the crown club lounge for breakfast, and evening appetizers and drinks. Isaac served us in the morning and Carlos in the evening. Both of them were both very attentive and an asset the hotel! The lounge has a lovely atmosphere and the air conditioning is lovely - nice and cool. Most days we spent by the swim up bar which is for adults only. I liked this as we met some lovely people from all over the world and Melchor behind the bar was great and also an asset to the hotel.
Food - the buffet was of a good variety. Lunch times we would have either pasta, or have the hot deli sandwiches, most chicken and steak. They were lovely. Highly recommend trying these.
French - was our favourite and the most consistent in the service and food. The French onion soup was lovely as was the beef tenderloin.
Italian - next favourite. We did have a good meal here, but found it in consistent. The first time we ate here we had bread, which was fine. The second time we went we had garlic flat bread with cheese - why didn't we have this the first time? Another couple had experienced the same.
Wayne's Boots - lovely steakhouse, but again inconsistent. We were told before we went here, you get served onion rings and chicken wings before you have your food. When we got there we waited and nothing came, we asked and this seemed to be a problem for the waiter who you could see was not happy we asked. But when we went again we got these no problem
Fisherman's - ok, service inconsistent. It was very busy one night and we waited half an hour for our order to be taken.
Mexican - least favourite but had the best service and margarita. Found the food here to be dry and tasteless.
Japanese/sushi bar - lovely food, very hot inside to sit down and eat.
Snack hutch - normal fast food served all day, was ok.
Lobby bar - nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I did sit to eat a burger here but was asked to move to the college bar. I was annoyed however as I had seen other people eat here and not asked to me including a couple we met and sat with. If they don't want people to eat here, put a sign up. Another inconsistent area?
If we received good service we would tip, but if we did not we didn't. Don't feel pressurised!
We did not spend much time by the main pool, but everyone looked like they were having fun, and this place seems great for families.
Staff are always cleaning the place, but it does need some attention and improvements need to be made in the restaurants to ensure everyone is receiving the same service.
We did not book the holiday through Thomas Cook as we would not fly long haul with them after our experience to Florida, but we did use Laura who is the rep for Thomas Cook. She is amazing and an asset to Thomas Cook. She is so patient and helped us loads even though she was nothing to do with us - great person!
The wine is vile here, we met a couple that visited Walmart and picked up a few bottles to take to the restaurants with them. They do not mind this. The wine menus in the restaurants are so over priced, maybe if they reduced their prices more people would buy a bottle or two.
We would return to Cancun, but probably not here. If we did return we would book the upgraded rooms again as we had a Jacuzzi, mini bar stocked daily, lagoon lunch cruise and the use of the crown club lounge. If you are thinking of upgrading check with the tour operator you have booked with in the UK as the hotel charge a lot for this and it is not worth it. We paid £100 each for the upgrade and it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Crown Club - well worth the money but only if you do this in the UK!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Purch84
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Purch84,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your experience with us here on Tripadvisor. So many readers will appreciate the helpful tips when choosing to visit us. I am happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay and for the nice compliments in regards to our staff. They work very hard to ensure that each and every guest has the best vacation. Thank you for the constructive comments as well as this gives us an opportunity to keep improving our services and amenities.

If in the future you do consider returning to visit us, please do not hesitate to contact if I can be of any help to sway you our way …Best wishes and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed a week in May at this hotel, we loved it, our room was very clean and always had plenty of towels. The beach area at this location is the best, no rocks and ugly seaweed. We enjoyed all the restaurants, the only thing I did not like was you had to make reservations at most of them, but the food was very good. We also enjoyed the shows that the hotel offered. The pools were great, the only thing that I would have liked is that the adult only pool be on the ocean, We did not have any kids, but this would be a great place for them, they had a huge area for them and it was located away from the front area so there were never really no kids running around out in the front pools. I would 100% recommend this hotel, and we will be back....The pool bartenders were great,but everyone there went out of there way to make sure you enjoyed your stay...

Room Tip: Get a room on the adults only floor...very nice and they have a mini bar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cypress101

Dear cypress101,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting beautiful Cancun!! How wonderful to hear you had an amazing time and enjoyed our food and amenities. A great BIG thank you for recommending us to others and we hope you will be true to your word and return to visit us soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance with the arrangements.

Sincerely