“The hotel is amazing”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Kids club staf was amazing they were great with our son very professional and attentive my little one loves them the shows at night are really amazing the staff. Like jenny,alia,paulina,michel and noemi are the most wonderful people in the world if we could take them with us we will do it

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank ian krugger
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ian krugger

What a short but wonderful post!! Thank you for taking the time in sharing and yes, I must agree, We do have the most attentive and friendly staff in all of Cancun without a doubt. We are truly fortunate to have Jenny, Alia, Paulina, Michel an Noemi …just to name a few on our team. I am glad your son enjoyed our nightly theater shows. I hope since you cannot take us with you, that you will return to us 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you're looking for complaints you will not find any here! The hotel and staff were amazing, they could not have been any more welcoming and helpful if they tried! The room we had was excellent (7th floor), ocean/lagoon view as well as looking onto down town Cancun. We spent the majority of our time at the relaxed adult only pool, with the luxury of a swim up bar! The bar man Felipe, was the best barman you could wish for, greeting you with a 'woop woop' in the morning and always making sure we had fresh drinks.

Now onto food, we ate at all restaurants except the Fishermans (sea food), just because we're not fans of sea food. The French restaurant is by far the best, and don't be put off by the strict dress code on the Crown Paradise website, long trousers/jeans/chinos and closed footwear are acceptable as well as a polo t-shirt, I myself wore a shirt, jeans and trainers. The food is top quality but you have to book early as it gets booked pretty quick. If you don't feel like sitting in a restaurant then there is always the La Palapa, or as we called it, the buffet hut! with a wide variety of different foods we always had a plate full!

The cleanliness of the hotel in general was very impressive, working around the clock to make sure all guests were comfortable. The maid was in every day, and we even saw them buffing the floor as we came out of the hotel 'nightclub'. There was a man who cleaned the tiles of the pool every morning, which is the first hotel we have seen this happen.

With busses running every two minutes its very easy to get to down town Cancun from the resort and two trips we would definitely recommend are the Jungle Tour and visiting Coco Bongos!

This was the first holiday me and my partner had together and we would definitely stay at Crown Paradise again if we get the chance to return to Cancun!!

G.Griffiths & F. Westney - Sheffield, England

Room Tip: If you have any spare money when booking the holiday we would recommend paying for the upgrade to a...
2  Thank Gareth G
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Gareth G,

I am so happy to hear that we made your trip so amazing!! Our team always give their all to ensure that each and every guest leaves with a wanting to return. I am glad to hear they succeeded again. Thank you for taking the time in posting such a wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Palapas and almost all the restaurants and that you appreciated the efforts of our staff, that as you saw, do work 24/7 to ensure the hotel is as spotless as possible. I do hope you both have the opportunity to return in the future as it would be wonderful to have you stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any help.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My Husband and I visited this resort 11-25 May this year. This was a great time of year to go as we only had about 6 minutes of rain the whole time we were there. We kept reading that this hotel is 5 stars, this hotel is not 5 stars and in some areas only 3.5 I would say. I have stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites in Riviera Maya and that was 5 stars. When we arrived we had no queue for checking in. This is because we used a Virgin flight and it seemed we were the only ones going to this hotel. We were not served with a welcome drink and thought the check in was a little rushed. We were given our leaflet of the resort and sent on our way. Before we left from the UK we had upgraded to the Crown Club rooms which means we had purple bands rather than the orange ones most people were wearing. I would recommend the hotel produce a leaflet with all the amenities/facilities that come with the purple band. We only knew about the lagoon lunch cruise as we researched, but I spoke to one couple who had missed out on this opportunity because they didn't know about it. However the lunch cruise was great fun, food good, atmosphere good and an opportunity to see a bit more of Cancun. With the purple band you also get to use the crown club lounge for breakfast, and evening appetizers and drinks. Isaac served us in the morning and Carlos in the evening. Both of them were both very attentive and an asset the hotel! The lounge has a lovely atmosphere and the air conditioning is lovely - nice and cool. Most days we spent by the swim up bar which is for adults only. I liked this as we met some lovely people from all over the world and Melchor behind the bar was great and also an asset to the hotel.
Food - the buffet was of a good variety. Lunch times we would have either pasta, or have the hot deli sandwiches, most chicken and steak. They were lovely. Highly recommend trying these.
French - was our favourite and the most consistent in the service and food. The French onion soup was lovely as was the beef tenderloin.
Italian - next favourite. We did have a good meal here, but found it in consistent. The first time we ate here we had bread, which was fine. The second time we went we had garlic flat bread with cheese - why didn't we have this the first time? Another couple had experienced the same.
Wayne's Boots - lovely steakhouse, but again inconsistent. We were told before we went here, you get served onion rings and chicken wings before you have your food. When we got there we waited and nothing came, we asked and this seemed to be a problem for the waiter who you could see was not happy we asked. But when we went again we got these no problem
Fisherman's - ok, service inconsistent. It was very busy one night and we waited half an hour for our order to be taken.
Mexican - least favourite but had the best service and margarita. Found the food here to be dry and tasteless.
Japanese/sushi bar - lovely food, very hot inside to sit down and eat.
Snack hutch - normal fast food served all day, was ok.
Lobby bar - nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I did sit to eat a burger here but was asked to move to the college bar. I was annoyed however as I had seen other people eat here and not asked to me including a couple we met and sat with. If they don't want people to eat here, put a sign up. Another inconsistent area?
If we received good service we would tip, but if we did not we didn't. Don't feel pressurised!
We did not spend much time by the main pool, but everyone looked like they were having fun, and this place seems great for families.
Staff are always cleaning the place, but it does need some attention and improvements need to be made in the restaurants to ensure everyone is receiving the same service.
We did not book the holiday through Thomas Cook as we would not fly long haul with them after our experience to Florida, but we did use Laura who is the rep for Thomas Cook. She is amazing and an asset to Thomas Cook. She is so patient and helped us loads even though she was nothing to do with us - great person!
The wine is vile here, we met a couple that visited Walmart and picked up a few bottles to take to the restaurants with them. They do not mind this. The wine menus in the restaurants are so over priced, maybe if they reduced their prices more people would buy a bottle or two.
We would return to Cancun, but probably not here. If we did return we would book the upgraded rooms again as we had a Jacuzzi, mini bar stocked daily, lagoon lunch cruise and the use of the crown club lounge. If you are thinking of upgrading check with the tour operator you have booked with in the UK as the hotel charge a lot for this and it is not worth it. We paid £100 each for the upgrade and it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Crown Club - well worth the money but only if you do this in the UK!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Purch84
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Purch84,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your experience with us here on Tripadvisor. So many readers will appreciate the helpful tips when choosing to visit us. I am happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay and for the nice compliments in regards to our staff. They work very hard to ensure that each and every guest has the best vacation. Thank you for the constructive comments as well as this gives us an opportunity to keep improving our services and amenities.

If in the future you do consider returning to visit us, please do not hesitate to contact if I can be of any help to sway you our way …Best wishes and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed a week in May at this hotel, we loved it, our room was very clean and always had plenty of towels. The beach area at this location is the best, no rocks and ugly seaweed. We enjoyed all the restaurants, the only thing I did not like was you had to make reservations at most of them, but the food was very good. We also enjoyed the shows that the hotel offered. The pools were great, the only thing that I would have liked is that the adult only pool be on the ocean, We did not have any kids, but this would be a great place for them, they had a huge area for them and it was located away from the front area so there were never really no kids running around out in the front pools. I would 100% recommend this hotel, and we will be back....The pool bartenders were great,but everyone there went out of there way to make sure you enjoyed your stay...

Room Tip: Get a room on the adults only floor...very nice and they have a mini bar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cypress101

Dear cypress101,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting beautiful Cancun!! How wonderful to hear you had an amazing time and enjoyed our food and amenities. A great BIG thank you for recommending us to others and we hope you will be true to your word and return to visit us soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance with the arrangements.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very clean. Extremely helpful staff. Nothing terrible but nothing fabulous.
The evening entertainment for adults isn't that great, there's a bar and a man&women duet couple that sing Everynight, and the songs aren't contemporary. It's a fair way down from the centre of cancan. About twenty mins on the local bus. The adult pool is lovely and sometimes lively depending on the crowd and has swim up bar. The alcohol is not well known brands unless you ask for Smirnoff/Bacardi. The food in the restaurants is quite nice (except the Mexican) you'll need trousers if your a bloke wanting to dine in the french al a carte. The buffet got a little repetitive often have the same things night after night. Lots of healthy fresh foods to choose from though.

Room Tip: There's and indoor pool full of children from early til late, they are load and hard to ignore a...

Dear 959Holiday,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience at Crown Paradise. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself while in beautiful Cancun. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel, the quality of the food and special mention of our wonderful staff. We try to make each and every vacation a special one for our guests. I am sorry you found our menu repetitive as our very talented and creative chefs provide an extensive menu and change it daily. Thank you for constructive comments as well, as this gives us the opportunity to improve our service and amenities.

We do hope you will return to visit us in the future if you are visiting beautiful Cancun

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Children stay free...so lots and lots of young families. We are cruise ship travelers, so this was our first resort. The staff was wonderful, our room in the all adult section was great and had a two person whirlpool in the room. Great ocean view. Very clean. All inclusive....all the drinks you want and still we did not see anyone drunk. This was good. Everyone having a good time drinking, but in moderation.
The negatives were, lack of hot water and the air conditioner cooled the room to only 76F.
Food....plenty, but only fair on quality. Not a swimming or snorkeling beach, but perfect for early morning and evening romantic strolls. It was lots of fun playing in the waves. We would go back for the right price but will try a few others first.

Room Tip: Adult only section very nice. private adults only lounge
1  Thank lorellianderson

Dear lorellianderson,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting a review. I am very happy to hear that we made your first land vacation a great one and that you will possibly return to visit us again….and yes we do have an amazing view!!
You did not mention if you reported the issues with the hot water and a/c to our staff as they would have gladly have resolved it for you.

Please do contact me when beginning to plan your next trip to Cancun and see if I can possibly sway you our way once again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband, myself, and 15 year old daughter stayed at CP from June 7-June 14. We have been traveling to Cancun for many years, but our first time at this resort. We always use trip advisor to learn some ins and outs before we get there, but we keep an open mind. Other reviews from these same travel dates make me wonder if we were at the same resort. We had a wonderful time and would return next year for sure. Keep in mind, that as visitors in Cancun, we have to be respectful and patient. We've found that the staff at any resort we've visited will go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. But you have to let them know about problems or they will not be able to make improvements. Here goes:

Check In: arrived at 2 pm, room was not ready. Eddy and Manuel at front desk were friendly and welcoming. We got our bands and went to La Palapa for lunch. After lunch, room was not ready, so we were given a different room of same category on 2nd floor. Great view, but A/C was not working properly. They sent someone to work on it but by next afternoon, I had to contact manager on duty asking for assistance. His name is Sergio and he was SO kind. He moved us to a room on the 7th floor which was perfect for us. I can't say enough about him....very good man.
Restaurants: Ok, so this is an area which needs some tweaking. I made reservations prior to arrival..No record at Los Gallos, but I had my confirmation print out if needed. They accepted us without seeing it..The break down seems to be in transferring reservations into their log, as the front desk had us down in computer. After that initial glitch, we always made sure to have our confirmation cards which Nicole, concierge on 8th floor was kind enough to take care of for us. Nicole was another friendly, amazing staff member. As far as our experience at each restaurant, we loved Fishermans, Los Gallos, Wayne's Boots was average, La Palapa(buffet) was excellent! Our favorite waiters for breakfast and lunch were Victor and Jose. Very friendly and attentive. For dinner, Angel at La Palapa was great! By the end of our trip, I got to sign the memory book and felt like he was going to miss us and much as us him. This buffet was always fresh and plenty of choices. Breakfast, omelet station was great, smoothie bar for my daughter..plenty of bacon and sausage and fresh fruit was great. For lunch, always someone at the grills for burgers, grilled cheese, ham and cheese...I don't understand the complaints..Also, if you wanted to stay by the pool and not go to the buffet, Pool grill had burgers, hotdogs, nachos, etc. Each day, the staff also made something special by the activity desk...fresh fish, tacos, pineapple drinks, etc. Fujiyama was open for lunch, by the main pool, you could go in and get stir fry, egg rolls, and sushi. Staff by pool works very hard to keep areas cleaned up of plates and cups, Alberto stands out as an excellent worker. These people work 6 days a week, sometimes 10-12hours a day. So get over yourself. I saw more people leave their nasty, uneaten food laying around, waiting for someone to clean up for them...and they have the nerve to complain about birds...WOW. Really..And to top it off, it you wanted to stay in and order room service, that was yet another option. Ok, now for entertainment..Best we have ever seen..and trust me, we have seen a lot of shows. Different theme every night and last about an hour...Great jobs, guys...Charlie, Fernando, Lucia, sorry don't remember everyone...Also, Charlie was very helpful in Fitness Center, and we did yoga with Fernando..Keep in mind, the activities staff works by the pool all day to provide activities and then do the shows at night as well... Ok, so near the end of review, can't finish without mentioning our housekeeper, Caty, who cleaned our room perfectly. Always, plenty of towels and extra shampoo because we saw her in the hallway and she noticed my daughter's long hair...And last, our bellboy, Lazaro..amazing kid...very friendly and hardworking and proud to be working for CP..Only negatives that we saw were this---reservation system needs tweaking, AC a problem in some rooms, and they charge about $85 per week per person for WIFI. We did purchase this for our daughter only, and we felt this should have been a "per room" charge not "per person".. So that was our experience, and I hope this review has been some help to those who are willing to try Crown Paradise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dmalone505

Dear dmalone505,

What an incredibly kind and detailed review!! On behalf of Crown Paradise, thank you for taking the time in posting. Yes many of the readers will appreciate the time you took in noting as much of your experience as possible. We are so happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we now have the honor of having you return again soon. We are very fortunate to have such an excellent team who as you said, give their all on a daily basis. Thank you for noticing.

I do hope you keep your promise and return soon: Please let me know if I can help you with the arrangements when the time comes.