Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Oasis Sens(Cancun)
9,180 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantcollage barmain poolnew towerbunk bedszip linegames roomsteakfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having now stayed at the Crown Paradise Club for the past 3 years I feel in a position to provide some advice to others who are thinking about staying there, or, to the many on here who have stayed there with the wrong expectations and been disappointed.

1) The resort should really be called Kids Paradise Club. Everything is designed for young kids, from the activities to the food to the entertainment. If you do not have kids, do not stay here. If you are on your honeymoon, do not stay here. If you have kids older than 13 or so, do not stay here. If you are single and looking to hook up, do not stay here. This is a very important point which I will refer back to.

2) The resort is 25 years old. Although the staff works tirelessly to maintain a polished look, the age of the facility is still very evident. If you are the type of person that needs to stay at a brand new resort, do not stay here. Kids do not generally notice patched drywall or a slightly noisy air conditioning unit. (See Item#1)

4) The food here is not fine dining. If you prefer a la carte, 5 star dining, do not stay here. Expect to eat things that little kids love to eat--hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chicken wings, pizza, pasta, tacos, and massive quantities of ice cream and cookies, etc. (See Item#1) I have 2 kids under 10 and they absolutely love the food.

5) If you expect top shelf liquor drinks, you will not find it here. They do have Corona on draft which I recommend over the very cheap liquor that is served. After 1 or 2 drinks you really start to taste how bad the liquor is. While they do not have great booze they do have tons of drinks for kids, fruit smoothies, daiquiris, mud slides, Shirley temples, and something called a dirty banana which my kids drank about 6 of each day. (See Item#1)

6) If you are not comfortable with constant noise, activity, music, and the sound of children playing, do not stay here. The infinity pool has a DJ who does nothing but entertain the kids & adults with trivia, bingo, treasure hunts, and every type of pool game you can think of: water polo, water basketball, swimming contests, flip-flop throwing contests, etc. If you don't like any of these, see Item #1.

7) Do not expect the nightly shows to be off-Broadway caliber. They are put on by the entertainment staff, the same young adults who take care of and entertain the kids during the day, so they tend to be funny, amateurish skits that little kids love.

8) What you can expect: A fantastic kids club with plenty of water slides and fun activities. Staff who actually watch out for and play with the kids. Mini Golf, a movie theater (yes showing kids movies), pool tables, air hockey, Nintendo games, a zip line, face painting, water balloon fights, a rock climbing wall, 8 little kid and 2 'big kid' water slides, (see the pictures). Nightly shows and a very festive atmosphere at a very affordable price.

9) We have been to 6 resorts in the Cancun hotel zone. Most are filled with people lounging quietly in the pools, sunbathing peacefully and eating quietly. You will not find this at the Kids Paradise Club. There is the energy of a kids camp here. I understand that for many people that is just not there thing, but for our family and kids, it is the perfect place.

18  Thank David N
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear David N,

Please allow me to extend a whole hearted thank you on behalf of Crown Paradise for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. Our management staff evaluates all of the comments we receive here very carefully and takes them into account when considering making changes in the hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel and that you enjoyed our many activities! Our aim is always to provide excellent service and a wonderful and memorable vacation experience.

We hope to see you again soon,

Sincerely
Jaki Jamieson
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a really big resort and not enough staff! We went the week of Easter. My family including a 10 year old and 8 year old twins picked this resort as there was lots of stuff for the kids to do. This is one thing this hotel does well. This kids paradise/ kids club is great, staff are young and fun and keep this kids busy. You can bring your kids to kids club from 9-4:45 and again at 7-9:30 and pick this up at the nightly adult show. They also have 2 large waterside with a rock climbing wall, a short zip line. Be aware though as the zip line and rock climbing is only open from 9-11 and not enough staff to run it...kids get one turn if lucky.

Our first night in our room we had no hot water for showers. The second night the air conditioner leaked all over the floor. We complained to the manager who agreed to move us however it appeared hotel was quite full. The thought of packing up 5 people for a room with a worse view and likely the same problems didn't appeal so we decided to stick it out ( kinda like camping in a tent on a rainy night!) The room was very basic with a very small bathroom. It was cleaned in the later afternoon each day. Our maid never caught on to the fact there where 5 people in the room so would only leave us only 4 towels. We where lucky to get a face clothe. There is a small fridge with drinks however it only got filled twice while we where there. Five people in one room drinks went fast ( kinda like towels).

The entertainment staff and shows are very good. The party pool was the place to be during the day as there was fun games for everyone and aqua fit at noon. It was very difficult to get a chair not alone 5 chairs pool side as people reserved chair in the middle of the night. There was food and drinks pool side but get in line with the rest of them. There is a small games room for the kids as well with bing pong, air hockey and a pool table but very busy so waiting in lone again.

The main buffet was just o.k. At times it was very hard to get a tale and they won't let you take your food out. If you want coffee you needed to be seated and once seated start begging for coffee as just like not enough tables.... Not enough staff to serve you coffee and provide a clean table with a knife and a fork....and if you wanted a spoon that was just asking way to much. This got very tiring doing this dance by the end of the week. If you wanted coffee as this hotel....good luck to ya, might as well quite before you go. As for the restaurants it almost impossible to get a reservation at a decent time ( before 9pm). This was very disappointing for us as the buffet gets old fast.The house wine at this resort was undrinkable in my opinion! If you drink white wine get ready to spend $22 US per bottle and for other drinks any where....getting in line!

The gym has everything you need, basic again but workable. The gym has a great view of the ocean....I liked this spot.

Just to mention by the end of the week I got very sick from the food, out for at least 36 hours. Upon retuning home I had a infection on the skin of my ear needing needed antibiotics via intravenous. It was said I likely got bitten by a bug causing the infection! Not a great way to end a trip and god knows where I picked it up from. Not saying this was as a result of the hotel but as it wasn't t clean I wouldn't be surprised if something bit me in our room.

If you are considering staying here....keep looking. To me a hotel is a big part of your vacation and clearly I cheaped out and got what I paid for. Its great how pictures and videos can make something look good.....think again!

Happy planning:)

Room Tip: Don't stay in the main tower
1  Thank Sarah911850
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really would have rated this a 3.5 as it is a bit better than average. I stayed here with another couple and our teenage daughters April 2013. After having stayed at several other all inclusive resorts in Mexico, (Iberostar Tucan, Iberostar Paraiso Beach (Iberostar is by far our favorite resort chain), RIU in Playacar, Grand Palladium, Barcelo..) this was the worse one, however, not terrible. If you are willing to pay more, I suggest staying elsewhere. We do not have small children-- if we did I would be telling you that this is a great place--many amenities for children--indoor pool area, slide pool, mini golf, play area, care for babies-- so I would recommend this hotel if you have young children. Good points for us: the views were breathtaking from almost any room, adult only pool was private, had plenty of chairs, pool bar, and shade. There were unfortunately no activities at the adult pool so this would only be enjoyable if you really just want to relax or you make your own fun. Plenty of chairs available on the beach, but to get a covered area you would need to be to the beach a bit before 6AM. The beach was beautiful. Not rocky, very clean and you could walk for hours. The quality of the entertainment was just as good if not better than any of the other resorts--the unfortunate thing here is theater space. It is a large enclosed, dark room with fold up chairs set up in front of a stage. No bar in the entertainment area and very confined. Any of the other resorts I mentioned had open air venues with bars and tables and chairs--I found the theater space a bit odd-- like someone's basement-- which is unfortunate as the entertainment was very good. The rooms were cleaned in a timely manner -no issues here. Just one negative regarding the rooms--there was no mini-bar//refrigerator as in all the other resorts. If you wanted bottled water or other drinks for your room, you had to call room service at least a half hour in advance to get it, but they will bring you whatever you need. There is a safe in the room with a key lock which you need to ask for at check in or you will have to go back down and wait in line again to get it. The specialty restaurants were good and I have to say, I would rather make the phone call every day between 8AM- 4PM to get a reservation rather than waiting in line at the lobby. They only take reservations for current and next day so you have a better chance of getting in the restaurants than if they let everyone schedule for the entire week at once. The size of the resort is smaller than others I have stayed in so not too much walking to get around the resort. The main pool is where they have the few daily activities, unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get a seat by the main pool, which is not very large, after 5:30AM. If you just want to sit on the steps in the water then no problem, but if you want to sit at the pool on a lounge you will probably be out of luck. There is a smaller pool to the one side of the main pool where you can get a lounge after 6AM sometimes so that's not too bad. Also, as we were there arond Easter break it may have just been the timing of the trip that resulted in the lack of lounge chair availability in the pool area. The food was decent, but not a huge variety at the buffet. Always fruit and vegetables and the breads are always great. At breakfast delicious pound cake, eggs and omlettes to order, pancakes, bacon cereal, toast, many baked goods, yogurt---great breakfast selection. Lunch available poolside or at buffet restaurant. There was just not enough staff for the number of guests. The staff worked very hard but there were not enough of them. Only one bartender at each of the 3 daytime bars --main pool, beach and adult pool made it difficult to get a drink. At night there is a lobby bar with 4-6 bartenders and also a little bar- the Trafalgar with a pool table where you could also get drinks so not as bad as during the day. I actually ran in to someone from Sweden who had just been at the Sea Adventure Resort in Cancun and said that the Crown Paradise Club was "top notch" compared to that so I think that your opinion will be based on previous experience. I am by no means a snob about where I stay, however, this was not the best resort I have stayed at in Mexico and although not terrible, I would not return to it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just came back from a great vacation at Crown Paradise Cancun!! Although the hotel was quite busy overall the people treated us great and always attended us with a smile! The weather wasnt as good as we expected but the entertainment team sure kept us entertained with activities either at the pool, the collage bar and or in the shows in the theatre! The team work 24/7 and dont seem to be tired at all!! They just keep on working to make us happy! Fantastic! My kids really loved being in the kids club, we never saw them because they wanted to stay there all the time! Hehe! Paulina and Jenny are lovely!!
The food could be improved alittle but overall was ok.
I would encourage anyone to stay here! We had a great time!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Bstaylor,

We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your vacation at Crown Paradise Cancun and that you would recommend us to others!! We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon :)

Take care
Jaki Jamieson
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed April 8, 2013

À fantastic stay at the hotel .The staff around the pool really work tirelessly with regards to providing entertainment for both children and adults. My children have had the best of holidays. Thank you very much.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family