“Crown Paradise Club Cancun Always Our Choice”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #47 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Because of all the negative reviews on this resort, I felt compelled to write a review myself...
My husband and I have been to this hotel 7 times. This coming July will be our 8th visit. Since we first started traveling to this resort, we have had nothing but great experiences. My brother in law and his wife accompanied us last June for the first time and they had nothing but good things to say. Someone who claims that they could not find any editable food in this resort has to be out of their minds! The food is great anywhere you go. The buffet has so many options including areas dedicated to Asian, Mexican, foods. Fresh hot sandwiches, pizza, freshly cuts of meat at dinner. Fujiyama is great as well as the snack bar. (I have to say that I was dissapointed that they no longer had the chicken wings on a daily basis-PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!!). Rooms are beautiful and clean. Wonderful views of the pool and ocean. We always email the hotel 1 week before leaving and always get what we want. Room on one of the top floors and advanced dinner reservation (they will only do 1 for you in advance). The staff definitely make your vacations. We have made so many friends throughout the years, and we always look forward to seeing them again. A big shout out to Miguel, Gabriel, Monica, Karina, Angel, Carlos, Darwin, Ethel and so many more. Also to Julie in the Concierge! Your guys are the best! See you soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CuriousNYer
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear CuriousNYer,

How absolutely wonderful to hear that you love Crown Paradise so much that you return year after year and that last year you enjoyed your stay with family!! I have forwarded your comments in regards to the food to our Food/Bev. mgr as comments like yours is how we can keep improving.

See you very soon

Social Media Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (8,662)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are so satisfied with all the staff at Crown Paradise!
Very clean and friendly staff also this hotel is ideal for family with kids.
The staff at the kids club are very responsible in taking care of the kids.
I also went to the spa and i loved.
The food in their restaurants is great also the buffet is delicious the room service great.
The bars are great too very good service I really recommend on drink "Crown Paradise" is the house drink its delicious. Also their champagne is great too.
Coming back next year, we already bought our package, can't wait.

Room Tip: we had a room with ocean view and balcony great. Our room was right in front of the adult pool and...
1  Thank Yesenia C
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Yesenia C,

We are delighted to have had you visit us here at Crown Paradise Cancun and that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to our staff and facilities.

We look forward to the priviledge of welcoming you again in the near future

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am on day 4 of my 7 day vacation and wish I was on day 7. I am here with my husband and 3 children (ages 17, 15 & 10). We booked a Family Suite that they say sleeps 7 ... but have no idea where they think the 7th person would sleep. Perhaps the tub? The suite is essentially a bi-level townhouse. Downstairs is a full bath, set of bunk beds and a double bed. Upstairs is a king size bed and a full bath. By my count ... that sleeps 6 people tight. We were initially given suite 1015 which was 2 doors down from a pub and 15 feet across the hall from the adult/teen night club. That was going to be a late night nightmare with noise and drunk people so we asked to be moved. They accommodated us finally ... but with a lot of threatening on our part. Our room was adequate. That's the only nice thing I can say. For one of the most expensive rooms in the entire hotel ... I was expecting more. What I got was a worn out, filthy room with threadbare sheets and holey blanket. Filthy, gross hard as a rock mattress. A tiny empty dorm refrigerator that stunk to high heaven and only kept drinks a few degrees above room temperature. Chipped tile, dirty tub, rusted faucets, chipped old furniture. AND that was probably the best thing about this hotel.

The drinks are absolutely abysmal. They actually have name brand bottles of alcohol but completely ruin it by having the cheapest grossest mixers. I had a margarita and it tasted like it was mixed with Lime Hi-C. I had a cranberry and vodka that tasted like it was mixed with really bad cheap grape juice. I tried a pineapple and rum that tasted like somebody poured Nyquil in it. The beer tap said Corona and it WAS NOT Corona. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri that tasted like one of those really gross diet smoothies ... like it had saccharine in it. So ... I quit drinking on day 2. The wine ... oh dear Lord ... I forgot about the wine. I have had low grade box wine in my college days that was far superior to their dinner wines. Just so so so bad.
Didn't get my moneys worth with cocktails AT ALL.

The food ... wow. Where do I start. How about breakfast because that was the most edible. That's all I can say about that.

Lunch at the pool was the same every day with a t buffet line of people standing in the sun ... wrinkled, gross hotdogs, disgusting soy burgers with stale buns, nacho chips that were actually good but then ruined by velveeta nacho cheese sauce that tasted like that mixed it with water. Just terrible. Japanese sushi lunch buffet looked like they took everything from dinner buffet the night before and sauteed it in a wok. The sushi is perhaps grocery store level sushi. Dinner buffet is ok. Not great ... just ok. The seating is the worst problem. There simply are not enough tables for the amount of people at this hotel. And clearly not enough waiters to keep up with everyone. Very frustrated people everywhere. Not a way that we want to spend our vacation.

The first night we were here we ate at the dinner buffet. We then woke up on day 2 and began calling the Dinner Reservation hotline at 8am when they opened. Busy line for 20 minutes straight. Finally got thru and they told me that I could choose between 5:30 or 9:10. WTH???? You're telling me that within 20 minutes every decent time at every restaurant is filled???? So we choose 5:30 at the Fisherman's Seafood restaurant. Got there on time and the entire restaurant until we left at 6:45 was half filled. Ridiculous ... just ridiculous!! Food was edible. That's it.

Suffice it to say that I have repeated this HORRIBLE dinner reservation process every morning and the best reservation I could get at ANY restaurant (wasn't going to be picky) was 8:10pm. Obviously ... there is some kind of scam going on here. They just want everybody to pile in to the buffet so that they can save money or something. Not getting my money's worth with food.

Pools ... OMG ... what a cluster. Husband got up at 6:00am after being told that he must do this in order to get a seat at the pool. My daughter has moderately fair skin and we really needed someplace with at least some shade. There is not one single, solitary umbrella in any pool area. There is a slated roof area with chaise lounge chairs but it still allows sun thru. He could only find seats in the direct sun. (Day 4 .. we are sitting in the room today because the 10 yr old has sun poisoning after having 50 waterproof spf on) If there was an umbrella or shaded area .... we could at least sit in the shade an enjoy the outdoors. Nope. We then tried to go to the beach the next day and get one of the very few beach tents (maybe a dozen of them) Husband woke up at 5:00 am ... walked out to the beach and EVERY BEACH TENT ALREADY HAD TOWELS ON THEM!!! This morning ... 17 yr old son set his alarm for 4:00 am .... went out to the beach to reserve beach tents and EVERY BEACH TENT ALREADY HAD TOWELS ON THEM!!! WTH?????? Maybe I should just have one of my kids spend the night on the beach tent chaise lounge to reserve it!!!

The staff is so overwhelmed with the amount of people at this hotel that they are walking around like they have post traumatic stress. Very snippy, short tempered, sick of us.

So let's recap ... I didn't get my moneys worth with the room, didn't get my moneys worth with the drinks, didn't get my moneys worth with the food, didn't get my moneys worth by getting to lay out in a chair at the pool or beach ... so .... remind me again what I'm paying for????

If we could leave today .... we would. We will never come back to this hotel and would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.

The only reason we chose this hotel to begin with is that we came with another family and it was their year to choose. They are having the same experience as us and have apologized over and over for their choice. Obviously ... it's not their fault .... it's the hotel's fault. Poor service, bad food, bad drinks, chaotic pool, unavailable restaurants, no shade anywhere ... ughhhhh. Never never never again. Some miracle needs to happen to save this vacation.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel all together.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Tyra

Dear Tyra,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Crown Paradise Cancun. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that you feel your stay with us is less than excellent. We try to provide a wonderul and relaxing environment to all our guests to make their stay special. I have forwarded your post to management for their evaluation. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us.

If you think I can help in any way, please contact me directly via p/m jjamieson@crownparadise.com

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beautiful resort and the best kids club! Entertainment and kids club staff made this vacation fantastic. We came in a group of 8 adults and 7 kids from 2 years old to 9 years old and we all had a great time.

2  Thank bekrizizke

Dear bekrizizke,

Thank you for sharing on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear we were able to provide you all with a wonderful vacation!! We hope to see you again soon :)

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went with another couple all of us are in our early 30's....Ill start with the good...Our room was an upgraded adult room. Ocean front. The other couple we went with didn't do the adult upgrade. Bad idea! Their room was pretty worn down with an awful view of the mini golf...So do the upgrade!!!! Our room was surprisingly very nice, older but updated bathroom...but you could tell it needed some work, it was constantly humid in the room...it kind of felt like we were sleeping in damp sheets... BUT the view rivals some of the most beautiful views I've seen from a hotel. I've been everywhere from Maui to Europe & this view was beautiful. The beach was clean & as long as we woke up early enough (around 7-8am) to put some towels out, we would have a spot. Which is common at most hotels on the beach....The employees at the bars were beyond amazing. Those guys were simply amazing. They knew us by names, knew what we were drinking and were happy to serve us. Yes we tipped them often but they truly deserved it & hey if you can remember my name after having a few days off & seeing me again, u deserve a tip. Wayne's boots was ok. We went with another couple, everyone tried all the steaks there, the only decent one was the skirt steak, it was very good...and that's the positive. The negative? Where do I start? The buffet was honestly disgusting, it was clean but the food was so gross. Breakfast, lunch & dinner the buffett was not consumable. There are children every where. I knew going here it was family friendly but this was over board. At the pool they only catered to the children, there was a guy that worked there on the microphone round the clock when the sun was out playing games with the kids. It got old, quick! There should be some adult activities like maybe just some music...not some guy on the mic constantly. So annoying! So we stayed on the beach & avoided the pool. The adult pool? Out dated, the bar closed @5pm and the pool was in terrible shape. We went to that pool for about 6 minutes and left. The only redeeming thing this hotel has is their staff and the ocean. That's it. We went out to dinner most nights because getting a reservation was a pain. We did eat at the pool side bar but to be honest that good wasn't the best but compared to the buffet it would do. For the price I excepted a 3.5 star and that I suppose is what I got. Except for the food I don't think they should ever serve food that simply is not edible.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Leilynn123

Dear Leilynn123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at as it is only through our guests´s feedback that we can monitor and improve our services and facilities. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are very proud to have so many wonderful people on our team.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. We look forward to coming down each year and reuniting with our friends aka (also known as) the employees of the hotel. The people who work here are courteous, friendly and fun to be around. The bartenders and staff around the pool are awesome -just to name a few Elf, Roger, Melchor, Luis, Roberto, Angel and Antonio. Then you have Gerardo and the whole staff from the lobby bar which are just as friendly and happy to serve you. The bartenders work hard all day with a smile on their face. They are great!!! They make our stay that much better!!
The Entertainment staff is awesome as well. Roger, Lucia, Chewy, Chacho and the others keep the guests entertained all day around the pool no matter what age you are. They are fun and friendly and we look forward to seeing them each day of our stay. The lifeguards are terrific!! They are always keeping a watchful eye on the ocean and are always ready to go make a rescue. We look forward to seeing Manain andJohnny on the beach each day. The wait staff in the restaurants are very professional and accommodating. The food is very good and you have many healthy choices. No one goes hungry!!
Even though this place is all inclusive they appreciate a tip and if you tip they treat you like royalty which shows how much they appreciate it. Can't wait to go back with the crew the end of the summer!!

Room Tip: A room that faces the pool and ocean are the best!! The top floor is hotter due to the sun hitting...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sparkysmom001
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear sparkysmom001,

Thank you so much for taking the time in posting. We are delighted to hear that you totally appreciated the efforts of our amazing team. We at Crown Paradise are truly fortunate to have them on board. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Like many other people reading reviews about the Crown Paradise, we were a bit apprehensive about our stay during the busy Spring Break week of March 24 - 31. As it turned out, we were thrilled with our time at the resort and would certainly stay there again. It did not feel nearly as crowded as we thought it might. We had no problem making restaurant reservations, we could always find a table at the buffet, and the busy infinity pool was a lot of fun to be a part of (all due to the outgoing staff who keep things hopping all day long).

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year, so we decided to treat ourselves to a stay in one of the Honeymoon Suites, while our children stayed in a Standard Plus room. The honeymoon suites are fantastic and so worth the small extra cost. They are located on the beach end of the tower, with incredible views and large private patios with jacuzzis. A fantastic place to watch the cruise boats go past on a moonlit night and to withdraw from the crowds if that's not your thing. So, if you can afford it and you book far enough in advance, treat yourself to one of these lovely rooms -- or the Crown Plus category of rooms -- both of which come with special perks.

Our teenaged children had a blast: eating from the buffet and many other food outlets whenever they wanted; playing tennis, basketball, mini golf, beach volleyball, and water volleyball; and just hanging out at the pool and beach.

The resort is on a large property and as a result, there are many different spaces to enjoy. During our week there, we were still discovering new activities and service outlets right up to our last day. Our whole family really enjoyed the buffet; there were so many choices of food to eat, all fresh and changing each day. The omelet and Italian stations were a real hit with us, offering made-to-order food just as you like it. The pool side snack bar was a lunch favourite for our kids -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, tempura, nachos, etc. Our family's favourite restaurant was Los Gallos, the Mexican one. Food was fresh, drinks were HUGE, and the band delightful.

Value for money, I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Crown Plus rooms -- the added benefits will make your holiday!
1  Thank BeGoodTanya

Dear BeGoodTanya,

Thank you for choosing Crown Paradise Cancun to celebrate such a wonderful occasion!! We are very pleased to hear that we were able to give you a great vacation for you and your family. We would love to have you visit us again for all your upcoming anniversaries. Thank you for posting on Tripadvisor

Wishing you another wonderful 25 years ;)