9,845 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first trip to Cancun was great. The hotel is only 15 minutes away. The place was always kept very clean even though there are many kids around. The bars make very good Margaritas. My very favorite restaurant was the French restaurant even though I was looking forward to the seafood one. I would definitely go back. The hotel next door was ruined in the last hurricane so if you want a deserted beach to take an early morning walk (like I did) it is there for you. Yes the reception area did take a long time to get checked in but all I could do is rave about everything else (even the spa) when I got home.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor of the crown tower. the room had a king bed and a jacuzzi in it and of course an ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank vanna365
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Vanna 365,

We are very happy to hear that our main purpose, which is helping you have a great stay was accomplished.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future.

Best wishes for the holidays

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This resort was okay...lots of kids running around, so this great for families, food was good it was hard to make reservation though due to the high capacity. Our room was clean, however $120 was stolen from our bags while we were chillin at the beach...front desk did nothing...other than that, it was okay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tierra B
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Roxyluv06,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Your comments help us find areas that we could improve and give us insight into what you truly enjoy at our hotel. Our management staff is alerted to any and all issues that our guests comment upon here on Tripadvisor. We truly want to give our guests the best possible service and a wonderful vacation! Please contact me with more detail so I can follow through with the appropriate departments of the hotel on the issue of the missing money.

It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and to provide you with the incredible vacation experience that we are so proud to offer. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance, jjamieson@crownparadise.com

Thank you for helping us to improve!!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the CPC from November 19th - 28th for our honeymoon. I booked through expedia and they did not have that honeymoon suite option available through their website, so I just booked the crown suite. Now I know our room isn't that important but it was our honeymoon and I wanted it to be special. I contacted the resort directly to get an upgrade from the crown room to the honeymoon suite and after emailing back and forth for awhile, I was told sure, no problem! I have you down for the honeymoon suite and you can just pay the difference when you arrive at the resort. So everything was great with communication up until three weeks before my trip when I sent an email to confirm my suite and they just send me an email back saying it's not available. No I'm sorry or anything! I email back asking how could this happen when I booked six months ahead of time? Of course my good buddy Ivan does not reply. I let almost a week go by and after my second email someone new replies back saying sorry you didn't fill out a form before and that's why you didn't get the upgrade. Funny because I specifically asked how do we go about this upgrade at the beginning when I was guaranteed the suite and was never told about any form to fill out, just everything is confirmed, pay when you arrive. I say is there any way I can upgrade for even part of my stay even if it is just for the last 6 nights which I knew they had an availability for, they say no. Needless to say with all of the stresses I had with my wedding coming up I was less than impressed. When we arrived at the resort my husband decided to ask them as soon as we got up to the desk if we could do the upgrade, it was sure, no problem! We were like what the heck? Of course the price is higher now, at first it was $30 USD per night now it's up to $50 USD per night. I was pissed but I wasn't going to take it out on the guy at the desk and I hadn't printed out my emails to show them. I have to say I hated the customer service I got in those last three weeks but my stay there was pretty awesome in the end.

Staff: AMAZING! They are so nice, always smiling even though they are busting their butts non stop. Robo from the entertainment team is hilarious. Anna Maria our maid was such a sweetheart and always made us the towel animals, which were so cute!

Resort: I didn't really find it dated. I thought the resort was pretty great overall. There was so much to do around the resort. I loved the mini golf!

Food: At the palapa buffet - I am a pretty picky eater and I always found something good. We liked all of the restaurants but the French was by far the best! The Mexican came in second. We loved the restaurants. Room service was great. Breakfast in the crown lounge was awesome. The sushi place sucked.

Kids areas: I know there is a lot of complaints about this but the kids didn't bother us at all. There are a lot of adults only sections. I have to say that I wish I could have gone in the kids areas! I wouldn't mind coming back when we start our own family.

Room: We spent our first 2 nights in the crown suite which was pretty nice. Our last 7 nights were spent in the honeymoon suite and it was beautiful. The view was to die for! I really recommend staying in the crown or honeymoon suite. They were both great and it is easier to get reservations for the restaurants if you stay in these room catagories. We found the beds to be quite comfortable.

Swimming: Rough ocean water but when we had enough we just went to the adult pool. The adult pool is great. It was never really too busy either.
Lagoon Lunch Cruise: So much fun!

Overall even though everything was off to a super bad start, we had a really great time.

Room Tip: Crown suite or Honeymoon suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz S
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Liz S,

Let me first begin with congratulating both you and your husband on your wedding and please receive my sincerest apologies on behalf of Crown Paradise Club Cancun. We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality service and helping our guests to make lasting vacation memories and I sincerely apologize for the stress leading up to your arrival and the issues regarding the upgrade once you arrived. Please allow me to look into the matter for you and will contact you via p/m.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to write such a detailed and honest account of your stay with us and couldn't be more pleased that you enjoyed yourselves immensely

Best wishes and hopefully we will see you in the near future, possibly on your first of many anniversaries to come.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

When we arrived the reception area seemed nice but took a long time to book in as there was a mix up over a booking. Being 3 months pregnant i was very tired and just needed to rest. After we eventually were checked in and found our room, we were quite dissapointed. We not snobs and have recently been cuba so we were expecting a little better. The room was quite shabby but we were tired and hungry so went in seach of some food! After heading back down stairs we we tried the fast food bar in reception and it was cold and rubbery so left it insearch of main area - which we could not find, we were wandering around in circles untill we asked a couple who informed us that the main food area was shut for maintainace. We found the substitute area in the itailan. It was shocking, random food..luke warm chicken...carrots and peas...plain pasta...we just walked up to our room and ordered room service, which was ok. Next morning feeling refreshed and ready to put last night behind us we headed down stairs in hunt of breakfast. I was in tears when i seen what they had 'managed' to put on it was AWFUL. we had paid nearly £3000 for this holiday, there was eggs in brown juice, cremated black bacon im not a fussy eater but this was terrible. Needless to say i went to see the rep,thomas cook, who was awsome, she was fully aware of this problem and when i told her i was pregnant she asked us if we wanted to upgrade or move...we moved. I must say while we were waiting to be transfered we were waiting by pool and my partner went to get a burger from the pool bar and it was stone cold. :O( what a shame,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sherryandant
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Sherryandant,

Let me begin by congratulating you on the good news of your pregnancy. I am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and highly regret we were not able to meet the level of your expectations.

We are truly sorry that you were unhappy with your room. We are currently renovating the hotel and rooms. All rooms will now have a more modern look with new furniture, flat screen tv´s., etc… we have also increased the a/c capacity throughout the hotel. And as you are aware, renovating the Palapas and restaurants as well. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you suffered during your stay because of the renovations. When you booked your vacation, your rep should have mentioned or maybe was not aware at the time, of the closing of certain parts of the hotel. Again, on behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun, I extend my apologies to you. It is unfortunate you were not able to experience our amazing food menu.

Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Crown Paradise Cancun was not a good one but we invite you to give us another try to provide you with a better experience that we are known to give our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 6, 2012

i got back from this hotel tuesday, cancun is a really nice place i would defo go back again. it is a really clean hotel, the room we had was nice but to the other hotels it is a bit dated but a nice break in the winter sun. the staff are really friendly got to love the mexicens, they will do anything for you, but one down thing the food is iver warm or cold i dont know why and i even asked them to put it in the microwave and it still come back warm.

The beach is really nice and the sea water is really warm for november didnt want to get out, the rep lara is really welcome and will help you with everything, the trips we went on are good we did alot, we spent about £450 on about 6 trips but buying photos cost abit.

ONE THING I WILL SAY IS DONT NOT FLY WITH THOMAS COOK AS WE WAS DELAYED 30 HOURS GOING OUT AND 25 HOURS COMING HOME, THEY TREATED US LIKE ANIMALS COMEING HOME, THEY GIVE US A PLANE THAT HADNT BEEN USED FOR YEARS! AS THE AIRBUS HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO TAKE OTHER PASSENGERS BACK TO ENGLAND. WE HAD NO WATER ON THE PLANE WHAT SO EVER AND THE SEATS WAS SO HARD, THEY HAD TO CARRY THE DESABLED PEOPLE UP THE STAIRS TO THE PLANE AS THEY DIDNT COUNT FOR THEM. THERE IS ALOT MORE TO THIS BUT REALLY IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING WITH THOMAS COOK DONT!!!! THEY TREATED US LIKE ANIMALS.

Room Tip: choose the 7 and 8 floors as its adult only floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamieb21
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Jamieb21,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We pay attention to what our clients have to say about us and use your comments as a way to gauge our clients likes and dislikes. Your comments help us find areas that we could improve and give us insight into what you truly enjoy at our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our service. We take pride in giving our guests the most cheerful friendly service possible. it is always our goal to provide our guest with a memorable vacation experience.

I will be sharing your valuable feedback with our head chef and food and beverage manager as this is one of the defining parts of the Crown Paradise Cancun experience and we never miss an opportunity for improvement.

If you happen to visit Cancun in the future, we hope you give us another chance to serve you and you can see for yourself all the wonderful changes we have and continue to do on a daily basis.