“Good Location, Great Views”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #58 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Montreal, Canada
“Good Location, Great Views”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A short bus trip from the big "western Area" of shops, malls, bars and restaurants. All Inclusive and meals were fabulous. Great variety of food. Drinks only so-so. Very friendly staff. Huge rooms, very clean, great balcony views. Good but not great restaurant selections on the grounds.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear guest, we were delighted to have you here with us at Crown Paradise Cancun and thank you for providing feedback on your stay.

We are pleased to know you appreciated our staff´s exceptional service. In regards to the restaurant selection. We do try to offer a variety of options: Italian, Seafood, Sushi, Steakhouse, Mexican, French.......

We look forward to the priviledge of welcoming you and your family again when visiting Cancun,

Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,397)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed October 25, 2012

2nd year in a row. this time sept 16-22 2012. great for families. my 18month old had a blast. nice kiddie area. 9 year old was in heaven. it was nice and quiet in september. price was great. weather was good. hot. they has shows every night. kids club. they do a really good job here for families. a movie theater for kids. pool tables. ping pong. plenty of pools. adult only sections. resturants were very good. the seafood and mexican resturants were great and the steakhouse (waynes boots) was the best. we ate there 3 times. cant wait to go back. thank you. buffet was ok too.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view. away from lobby is probably the quietest. great time again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and wonderful comments! We, at Crown Paradise are so glad you decided to give us another try and even more pleased that you had so much fun with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just back from 11 nights in Cancun (my first trip to Mexico) booked with Thomas Cook.

The hotel was your typical modern resort type - lots of bars, multiple pools and restaurants, sports facilities, etc. - and was showing the odd sign of end of season wear, but there were an army of maintenance staff constantly working on improving things in a very unobtrusive way.

Check in and out were probably the worst part of the service. Two or three people dealing with a coach load means that there will inevitably be delays, but after 10 plus hours on a plane a few more minutes (about 15) were a minor inconvenience. My own fault for being polite and letting off the other guests before me!

My room was on the first floor and, given that I was travelling on my own, was furnished with two queen sized beds. There was a large flat screen TV with a few channels showing sitcoms, films and news in English (including BBC World News). The room was simply furnished and spotlessly clean and there was a lot of drawer and hanging space for clothes.

Black out curtains and privacy curtains led out onto a small balcony with a couple of chairs and a table. The air-conditioning was excellent - if anything I found it too cold on occasion and turned it off overnight.

The bathroom was much better than others I have experienced on my travels and always had hot water available with one exception (when I returned late from a trip and, presumably, demand meant that there was no pressure what so ever).

The all-inclusive package is the most extensive I have ever experienced - 24 hour room service included. For those travelling with families the kids' club extends to 9.30pm and includes a "baby monitor" so that parents can be paged if their children are upset - this is included in the price.

On the first floor is an adult only pool with ample sunloungers and a large number of canopies for those wanting to avoid cooking in the fierce sun. There is a swim up bar, a pool of approx 20 metres width, two smaller pools with seating next to the bar and possibly the hardest working man in Mexico - a bartender called Sebas.

For the first 5 days of my holiday I was content to chill by the pool and Sebas was a whirlwind of activity, serving drinks at the bar and then making his rounds to ensure that everyone was kept hydrated.

My only slight gripe about the adult pool is that there was no food service (the hotel have no issue with you getting food from the buffet and bringing it up), but this usually meant that I could take a break from the midday sun in my room and enjoy a steak sandwich and a beer whilst watching re-runs of Seinfeld.

In terms of evening entertainment, there is a theatre (which I did not go to) and several bars. The Collage bar is a sports bar with numerous large screen TV's showing (usually) American sports. The staff in here, like the rest of the hotel, are incredibly courteous and pride themselves on quick service - Lucio and Edgar come in for particular credit. Collage shuts at 11, but those looking for a later drink can head to Trafalgar's - an attempt at an English pub - which has a couple of pool tables (all free) and card tables.

As far as the food is concerned there is the main buffet which is open from 7am until 10.30 in the evening. The food is fresh and plentiful, but not exactly gourmet. The breakfast buffet is enjoyable with a dedicated omelette station where a chef will prepare your choice of ingredients in front of you. Lunch and evening meals are a bit "works canteen" affair, but again the staff are very attentive and will serve wine, etc. which are not available from the self-service area.

There are also a number of a la carte restaurants which are included. In previous trips to all inclusive resorts there has usually been a limit on using these facilities, but here the only limitation was in being able to get a table booked. Reservations open from 8am the previous day and I made it part of my morning routine to book a table for the next night - wake, trip to the loo, brush teeth, book table, breakfast.

There is a steakhouse, a Mexican, an Italian, a seafood, an oriental (it was closed for refurbishment so I did not discover whether it was Chinese or Japanese) and a French restaurant. The latter restaurant is adults only and has more formal dress code.

I did not eat in the steakhouse and heard varying reports of the quality of the food (though the main complainant seemed to enjoy moaning about things). The Mexican was fine if a little bland - they cater for the American market who seem to be gastronomic wimps when it comes to spice. The Italian was very nice, whereas the seafood was a little disappointing (the portions were small and the dishes a bit uninspiring).

However, the French restaurant was absolutely superb. The menu would not have been out of place in a restaurant charging £40 to £50 per person. The wine list is reasonable (you can choose to buy bottles of "premium" wines for between US$25 and $45), but the house red is perfectly acceptable (an Argentinian tempranillo). For those with children you can book a table and leave the kids with the entertainment team and utilise your "baby monitor".

Away from the resort I went to the following:

- Xel Ha - advertised as the world's largest natural aquarium. It cost around £75 for the day with all food (the best buffet food I tasted in Mexico) and drink (including alcohol) included as well as the coach travel. A unique experience and well worth the money - I spent the morning snorkelling in a lagoon and the afternoon lazing down a river in a tyre innertube. Those interested in swimming with dolphins can do that here for an additional cost. Definitely worth Googling this.

- The TC project - a Thomas Cook organised pub crawl round Cancun's nightlife. The trip costs around £50 and includes all your drinks for the evening and entrance to a number of bars and the famous Coco Bongo nightclub. At 42, I was the oldest one of our group and to be honest it was a bit . . . boring. I like a beer as much as the next man, but the hangovers are lasting longer. I am glad I did it, but wouldn't bother if I went back.

- Chichen Itza and Ik Kil - you must do this. At around £100 it was the most expensive of the trips I went on, but worth absolutely every penny and a good deal more. A lot of people were put off by the length of the journey (3 hours each way) but Chichen Itza (the Mayan pyramids) are truly incredible and my only regret is leaving my proper digital SLR camera back in the UK. Awe inspiring.

On the way there we stopped at Ik Kil cenote - a large sinkhole created when the limestone floor of the jungle collapses and fills with water. From the surface of the jungle (Ik Kil and Chichen Itza are in the middle of miles of jungle) the cenote drops 85 feet to a beautiful turquoise blue well of water approximately 200 feet in diameter with vines trailing down from the jungle floor. The water itself is 150 feet deep and full of black catfish.

The best part? You can go swimming in it. Brave souls can jump from a platform approximately 20 feet up into this amazing place. Did I do it? 'Course I did - go on youtube and search for "A fat man jumps into some very deep water in Mexico"! My heart was beating like the clappers, but it was one of the best things I have ever done.

The trip includes a trip to a local arts and crafts shop (similar stuff is available cheaper from the vendors at Chichen Itza if you can haggle) and lunch in a hotel right next to Chichen Itza (drinks not included, but hardly a rip off - £2.25 for a bottle of ice cold beer).

Finally, a word about Thomas Cook's rep at the resort - Laura Savage. Absolutely brilliant. Worked hard to ensure that everyone had all the information they needed, gave help when it was asked for, walked the fine line between promoting trips and being too pushy and genuinely seemed to want to make my holiday a pleasure.

She actually rang me on my final night as I was getting ready for dinner to ask whether I had had a good time on my trip and to remind me of my coach pick up time. Fantastic service and a real credit to her company.

Room Tip: The Crown block (rooms beginning with a 2) are in the newer part of the building. The adult only po...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff was excellant, very friendly, efficient and go out of their way to please you. Remember to tip for good service, they will remember you. This is truely an all inclusive resort, food, booze, etc... The ocean view was amazing from my room, others complaining about the destroyed hotel next door obviously have never seen other parts of Mexico, just the windows and doors were missing, it WAS NOT an eyesore. The grounds looked fine. I would recommend this resort to other travelers, it's a great value. Yes, there is always room for improvement, Room service menu was very limited, some areas were not available, the indoor pool was closed, not sure why, and the show in the theatre was terrible, have fun, relax in the sun and eat during the day, get your nightly entertainment elsewhere. Overall I had a great experience and would return.

Room Tip: You do not have to upgrade to a "club room" I didn't see much extra value in this, the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for sharing your experience here at Crown Paradise Cancun. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will return to visit us

We are presently updating the hotel, rooms and a/c system. The reason for the indoor pool being closed is that the tiles around it were being replaced, the above metal structures removed, reinstalled and painted and the renovating the Kid´s club as well. We apologize if it caused a bit of inconvenience for you.

The Food and Beverage department is now under new management. We will inform them of your comment and possibly add more items to the room service menu.

Looking forward to seeing you very soon in the near future
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We booked this location because it looked really nice and a lot of the reviews were good and bad...but I looked past the bad ones...but they did have some good points that I found out to be on point.
The buffet is pretty much the same food everyday and night. So make sure you arrange to have dinner meals in the restaurants. The meals and service in all the restaurants was really really good. The managers and servers did a agreat job in looking after us.
The pool was great...but more activites could have been done and give out better prizes...a head scraf and a t-shirt with local advertising were the prizes... Why not a t-shirt from the resort.
We booked through Westjet and they gave us a free $35 value coupon to redeam at Lapas for a pendant. We did get there mid week and found out its a very exclusive jewerly store and we were just not dress to wear security badges and be paraded around this kind of store to get a free gift that was silver coated which was not valued at $35.00. Plus the preassure was on to buy something in the store......Thanks for the free gift!!!! Not!. So embarrassing as we had to wait an hour so we left and came back and had to go through the same security system again..

The kids pool area was shut down so all the kids were at the big pool.

We got a horrible room the first night overlooking the hurricane damaged resort next to the hotel.. The view was brutal. We asked for a new room and we got moved the next day. It was like night and day....A really nice room. Great furniture, amazing view...thank you for doing this for us. The desk staff was great!!!

The bus system is in Cancun on Hotel Row is great...moves fast and really good.

Swiming in the ocean was a bit of a challenge as the waves were pretty crazy. A few times the red flag was up so you could not really go in unless you were Micheal Phelps!!

The shows at night were hit and miss...Some were good others were for kids....Why on a Saturday night would they have a show set up for just kids....many adults and couples just walked out.

So...would we stay again...probably not...we would spend the extra money and stay furthere up the hotel row section where the 5 star resorts are and where it is easier to swim in the ocean.

But I do have to point out all the staff (Desk, Bellman, Housekeeping and Entertainment Crew) were just wonderfull. They really have 110% service. They did all they could to help you out at all times. A big thank you to all of them.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the pool and make dinner reservations for each night as you will become ve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience here with us at Crown Paradise Cancun.

We do try to vary the food at the Palapas daily. We have a wide variety of items to choose from..... Italian, Delicatessen, Oriental, Mexican and also a salad bar and a variety of soups. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus are changed daily with some of the items staying the same per popular request. We also have a a station by the main pool that offers variety daily and as you mentioned as well, we also have 7 restaurants to choose from for even more variety.

Some of the shows are more family friendly. The hotel does have entertainment next to the lobby beside the main bar in the evening. As well, we have Disco Nitro and an adult only bar where billiards is available.

The issue of adding a variety of prizes to the pool activities will be brought to the attention of management. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks again for taking the time sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had prearrangend to get the room decorated and a Birthday cake for my partners 50.Birthday. WOW!!!! When we entered the room there were streamers, ballons, champagne, a beautiful flower arrangement, and a special Birthday cake for my partner. Believe it or NOT, but everything was free of charge! We had room number 2719 on the 7th floor and the view was just out of this world! We booked the adult section of the hotel. The room wasn't as big as we normally used to, but it had a double jacuzzi and a king size bed, which was very comfortable. There was an armour which was holding the T. V. and fridge, and coffee maker. Storage was plenty, but I always bring some extra hangers with me. The bathroom was great with two double sinks, a huge shower which could fit 2 people easy and the water pressure was absolutely the best. The toilett was seperated off, which I like. Our cleaning lady was just the best and provided you with everything you wanted. Like us we needed extra sheets and she gave us 5 extra ones. The lady was just a Sweetheart and we left a $3.00 tip for her every day. All the shampoos and body wash bottles were extra large and we took home about 20 of them. I highly recommend her for her service!
The pool area was nice, but needed umbrellas to get more shade. The guy who walked around all day and cleaned the aera was just great and he got you an ashtray and cleaned the pool area spotless. Pool service was great and quick and we always ordered double drinks, because the glasses are very small. NO problem with him and if you give him a Dollar every now and than he will become your special waiter for you. Thank you so very much JESUS for your excellent service!
The buffet restaurant LA PALAPA was huge and had special stations for anybodies taste. We lunchend at the "Adult section" and the waiters there did everything for you and brought you everything you wanted. We do tip a couple of Dollars and they will acknowledge you and treat you like a Millionaer! You can't beat the service and the friendlyness of these guys! After a couple of days you get attached to them very easy.
We went to the FRENCH and ITALIEN restaurant and are still divided, which was better. I loved them both and can go back to them every time. The MEXICAN was great as well and I loved the atmosphare there. GREAT margaritas and huge! Best tortilla soup I ever had! I also enjoyed the live Mariachi music. WAYNE'S BOOTS the steak house was very enjoyable and it was like eating in an old cabin by the lake. Great steaks, but be aware how to order them. The SEAFOOD restaurant looked great, but we don't eat seefood!
The lobby during the day was fine and at night there was life music, which was great! There a plenty of gift shops, and speciality shops and the prizes were cheaper as at the airport or downtown Cancun in the shopping malls. My partner tried the SPA out and he said that for the money is was absuletly great! They have massage packages for every need of your body and also have specials available.
The CPC is over run with children and is an absolutely family resort. For us we are a gay couple being together for 22 years it was kinda hart to fit in. It was a surprise short notice booking for us, and we normally stay at the RIVIERA MAYA side. Overall we can't complain and had one of the best service EVER. Would we come back? Yes, we would when the kids are in school again!
THANK YOU Crown Paradise Club for making this an unforgetable 50.Birthday for my partner. WE LOVE YOU ALL THERE!

Room Tip: try to get a room at Tower 2. The adult rooms are from the 6-8 floor. Be kind to your room maid and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear guest, we are very pleased that we were able to make your vacation and your partners birthday a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again on all your future trips to Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My Fiancee and I, now wife, traveled to Cancun for 7 days and chose the CPC to get married. We stayed there on Aug 29-Sept.5. Are there nicer, more modern and newly renovated resorts in Cancun? Absolutely. However, our thought process was that we would much rather have more friends and family attend at a more affordable resort, than have our wedding at a more "upscale" resort and have less people attend. Our wedding guest list consisted of all ages, ranging between the ages of 4 to 60, with the majority of the guests being between 21-35. The majority of us being party people.

After we made the final decision that CPC would be where we'd get married, we quickly got in touch with the resort's Wedding Coordinator, Evelyn Tobon. She was able to answer any and every question we had within 48 hours...and trust me, we didn't make it easy on her with the amount of emails we had sent leading up to the wedding. But nevertheless, she was very prompt and descriptive in her responses, so she really made things go smoothly for us. They offer wedding packages that are complimentary based on the amount of people that you have staying at the resort.

Check-in, like most all-inc resorts are usually in the afternoon, so, because we arrived in the morning, we made sure to have our swimwear packed in our carry-on luggage so we didn't have to wait for our room to hit the beach. Once our room was ready, we moved everything into our room. We stayed at the Honeymoon suite (which was complimentary with the package we got) and it was gorgeous (Room 2728). Large balcony with a jacuzzi, hammock, and chairs to tan on. There was an enclosed living room with 2 chairs and a loveseat and there were sliding doors to open up to enjoy the sea breeze and a king sized bed in the bedroom. Everything was comfortable, but the only drawback was that the a/c caused the room to be a little musty, but if you made sure to air out your room when you're not there, it's not much of an issue.

Although we stayed in the honeymoon suite, we got the chance to see the different types of rooms. The Crown Club room, standard and family room. The standard and family rooms were very basic, but again, you're on vacation....what are you doing spending all your time in your room anyways? You should be out enjoying the sun, beach and the city. But if you're very picky with the quality of your room, then I suggest getting the Crown Club Room at least.

We were somewhat concerned with the weather, as it is considered to be "rainy season" at the time we went. It rained a total of 2 times that we were there and it rained for only 15-20 minutes. The weather was AMAZING!! It was hot, wasn't very humid, and there was a constant breeze And during the evening, the weather was perfect, wasn't too hot, and the breeze kept you cool, even if you're drinking heavily.

The ocean was great, but if you're not a strong swimmer, the waves can be a little rough. For the first few days, the waves were real rough, but all the fellas enjoyed the waves regardless. I'm not particularly a big guy, but some of my friends who were anywhere from 6'5 200lbs to 6'9 and 250lbs were also getting thrown around like rag dolls. Over the last few days of our trip the waves weren't as rough, so everyone was able to enjoy them.

The buffet food was decent, but the restaurant food was much better and actually really good. You just have to make sure you make your reservations in advance...which can be a little bit of a hassle, but not a big deal.

We were able to bring an external photographer without having to get charged an external vendor fee like most resorts do which was awesome! We opted for a private reception and the food was excellent. We were a fairly large group for our reception (52 people) and that didn't pose any problems whatsoever. Everything was perfect! One of my groomsmen is a DJ so the party we had was a great time. Then when our time was up for our 4 hour reception, they had absolutely no problem with us setting up a party down by the beach. We had all our equipment necessary from DJ equipment to speakers, so security said as long as there are no complaints with noise, you're free to do what you want. There were no complaints and we had ourselves a beach party until 4am.

If you're young, and/or like to party and you're at this resort, you're better off leaving the resort to party downtown Cancun, which is what we did as the nightlife/party scene isn't present at this resort because this resort is geared to families. But between having our own beach parties, partying downtown Cancun, going on a private Catamaran Tour (Albatros) we all had an awesome time and wouldn't do anything different. They also have 24 hour room service, so if you're trying to sober up after a big night of partying or just want a late night snack, just call up room service and within 30 mins they'll bring you whatever they have on the late night menu.

The facilities do need some renovation, but it's definitely isn't anything that should get in the way of your enjoyment. The staff was completely amazing! Extremely hospitable and frequently went out of their way to make sure you were well served and having a good time. Not sure why people were complaining about kids everywhere....it's not like there was an excessive amount of kids. And besides, there are kids everywhere you go, and if you don't like children, go stay at an adult only resort.

It all comes down to what type of vacation YOU want and who you're traveling with. In our situation, we were with 25-50 friends throughout the week, as some didn't stay the entire time, but from here on our, we had such an unbelievable time that we refuse to go to another all-inclusive resort without a large group of friends. That's really what made this experience great. If you haven't had the chance to travel with a big group, I suggest you do so. Couple that with a beach, good food, unlimited alcohol, and great service, then you're in for a good time.

All in all, this hotel provided high value because of the price, food was good, facilities were decent and we would definitely travel here again. Feel free to ask any questions if you'd like.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest, We thank you for choosing Crown Paradise as the destination for your special day. We are so pleased that we were able to provide you with unforgettable memories. Evelyn always strives for perfection and we are delighted to hear she achieved her goal once again.

Our hotel and rooms are currently being renovated and upgraded (flat screen tv`s, new modern furniture, improving the capacity of the a/c throughout the hote, the Kids Area, etc.... )

Hopefully you will soon return for your first of many anniversaries to come,