“On our honeymoon,we stayed here.”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #51 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed November 1, 2003

The room smelled of urine, the bed was wet, the food made us sick, and we had a view of the ocean; if you could see over the roof of the restaurant! The food tasted O.K. We were sick the first time we ate, untill a week after we got home. The service was exellent. The bed was wet. The room smelled so bad we had to sleep with the sliding glass door open. It smelled like tiger ****. I can not imagine a smell like that comming from anything else. It never got better. Anyone staying there could have walked in on us, with that door open. We had the mattress changed and still went home with some sort of bed bug. The only good thing about this hotel is the way it looks and the help that works there.

There are newer reviews for Crown Paradise Club Cancun

jefferson city, mo
Reviewed November 1, 2003

We stayed at the crown paradise Oct 22-29,2003. We had a great time. We went with 5 other couples and we all were very pleased.Always something to do.Food was great in most of the restraunts. Favorite was Waynes Boots. Kareoke was great. We liked the adult pool the best because of the bartender Jose' he was fun and made our stay great. The air conditioning could have been better. But we didn't let that ruin our week. If you go try the house special drink w/banana they are good! I would stay in this resort again. The staff keeps everything clean.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2003

Well this was our tenth trip to cpc and it will be our last. We stayed the week of oct 11-oct 18 and we were really disapointed in the crown clubs service.
We always book the crown tower because of the service and the bigger rooms. This trip however was a waste of time and money. FIRST the ac nerver cooled the room the whole time we were there i finally went to walmart and brought a fan. Second THE STAFF AT THE CROWN CLUB SERVICE DESK lied about many things including making dinner reservation on three different time?. Third we brought many items and want to ship them back to the states but was told that there were no shipping companys or boxes available so i went and brought more luggage.
Now i know that the cpc is a big place but since the hotel was only 50% full I would think that they would take care of the paying customers better in the off season. Save you money and go some where else.

2  Thank husker1
Reviewed October 27, 2003

10/17 - 10/22 This was the third year I had stayed here and I have seen a definate decline in the property. For 5 nights, in high humidity and high temperature, there was no air conditioning. This was after moving to three different roomslocated in each building. It appears that it is completely down. One other irritant, on the day of checkout, I needed to get more cash to go to the airport. There is no cashier there anymore and we were directed to take the city bus to another hotel, where an ATM machine was located. I was told they no longer offer the ability to get money with a VISA/MC at the property and there are no ATM's. The food at the buffet was not the best either. The fruit was not fresh. Wayne's Boots is a place to avoid for food, but everywhere else on the property, besides the buffet, you will get a fantastic meal. Be careful if you book a room on the North side of the property.
What was once a quite gazebo is now a mini techno dance place called "Insomnia" and yes you can hear it from your room until about 1 AM.

Newcastle, UK
Reviewed October 27, 2003

Myself and my girlfriend (both 20) visited the CPC during June 2003.
I've been lucky enough to travel quite a bit and have visited Puerto Vallarta and Florida aswell as a few european resorts; and in my opinion Cancun was certainly one of the best.
------------------------------------------- Of the all inclusive resorts I've stayed at the CPC was the best all round. My girlfriend is a very fussy eater which makes going all inclusive a bit of a gamble, but the food at the resort was fantastic; we didn't have a single bad meal and weren't sick (aside from when we had too much to drink).
Personally my favorites were the seafood and 50s restaurants, but everybodies tastes are different. The CPC was a busy hotel which seemed very accomodating to families; however there was also plenty of areas (such as the adults only pool) where you could go and relax undisturbed. -------------------------------------- I can't get over all the bad reviews I've read about this place, I feel sorry for some of the people who've been unlucky enough to have these bad experiences, or who are just unwilling to enjoy themselves and prepared to blame this on the resort. After reading some of these reviews I was very apprehensive about going to the CPC and almost cancelled; was glad I didn't and we are actually going back next year; something I've never done at any of the hotels I've been to, and never thought I would. To me your vacation is what you make of it.
-------------------------------------- If you're thinking about visiting this resort, maybe try a cancun message board for more advice or reviews, and try not to read too much into the very bad reviews.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Plano, TX
Reviewed October 26, 2003

I just wanted to tell about my experience. Although I went in January I still remember everything because it was so wonderful. The food was SO GOOD, I had been to other all-inclusives in Cozumel and Puerto Vallarta but the food here was the best. I was really worried that there would not be very much alcohol in the drinks, but they do not water them down at all. I just thought the service was great and I would love to go there again. When I went in January I thought it was a little cold for me. I think it was in the high 70's and low 80's but I prefer for it to be much warmer. So if I went again I would go in the warmer months. We didn't stay on the new side, I wish we did. The rooms are just ok on the old side, but your really not supposed to be spending that much time in your room anyway. It wasn't that big of a deal for us. Anyway, this place was great and I would recommend it to anyone, but especially people with small children!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2003

My husband and I (who are in our late 30's) stayed at the Crown Paradise Club from July 24th-Aug 2nd. We had 10 glorious days at the CPC. We have been to Cancun 5 times in the last 3 years and have stayed at different hotels every time. However, we will definitely be going back to the CPC next summer. This place is awesome. There is no time to get bored. All of the different pools, including the All-Adult pool were fantastic. The staff is unbelievable, especially at the lobby bar.
A big hello to Alberto and Miguel for some great nights at the CPC.
Jose the bartender at the Adult pool was fantastic as well. We had the opportunity to eat at all the restaurants, except 'The 50's' and found that the food was great! The Palapa Buffet was good too. There was so much to choose from. How you could not find something that you like is beyond me. I can't understand why all the negative reviews on this resort. I guess those people are just too stuffy anyway, and probably belong with all the rest of there Stuffy Crew at the Marriott or Hilton. Everyone was so friendly. It was so easy to meet so many people and just spend the night partying away and having a blast. The rooms were fine. Yes, the beds were a little hard, but you find that at most of the hotels. The hotel has all kinds of activities going on all day long, and caters both to adult and children. So all in all, if you wanna have a great time at a great hotel. Make sure you make your reservations for the CPC. You will not be dissapointed. And most of all. IGNORE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!! And have a great time with FUN PEOPLE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2004