“Lovely holiday”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got bck from the ccp, we ad a great time greeted with welcome drinks and check was really quick, rooms could do with a revamp, food was very nice, disappointed that there was no bar In the entertainment hall, would av been nicer it w a bit like a high school hall, swim up bar was great and the pool area, jungle tour a must and xcaret, corko bongos was well worth it I thought all in all ad a fab time and would return....

Room Tip: We stay on the 5th floor which I thought was fine
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wsullivan1966
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear guest. Thank you for taking the time in posting and telling us of your time with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Crown Paradise Cancun. We are currently renovating our rooms and the hotel. Hopefully we will see you again on your return trip to Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (8,355)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay with mates. Had a great time, food and drinks good. You can find problems anywhere if you look hard enough. Go and have fun! The nightlife is class, coming from someone who has been to Vegas and Ibiza.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Callum A
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience here at Crown Paradise.
We are delighted that you had a wonderful time. Hopefully see you soon in the future

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Whether you're with family or just a couple like us, this is a very friendly place, with good food in all restaurants.
We were greeted very pleasantly, and were made to feel welcome for the whole stay (2 weeks), so very little to complain about. The staff in all areas could not be more helpful, room right on the beach with a fantastic view, we had a great timw!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Peter H

Dear guest, thank you for comments. Our goal at Crown Paradise is for all the guests to have a memorable vacation. Hopefully see you on your next trip to Cancun

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me & my partner arrived at Crown Paradise Club on 18th September for 2 weeks. We were immediately greeted with champagne flutes and a cold towel. Check in was fast and the staff were extremely friendly and polite. The bell boys took our suitcases up to our Club Class room in the 2nd block on the 6th floor and we were not dissapointed!! Our room was huge and had his/ hers sink, Huge double shower, queen size bed and jacuzzi..... Not to mention the view from our balcony, looking out over the main pools and fantastic sea view.
I am the fussiest of eaters and NEVER struggled to find something to eat. Always serving snacks throughout the day and night when the main resteraunts were closed. The food did get abit boring but we always found something to eat and enjoyed it!!
All the staff were friendly and helpful, especially around the pool area. Entertainement guys/ girls were great and very helpful :) we had a couple of nights out with them. Inty, Robo, Pamela, Chachoo, Jaime & Charli !!! Lovely bunch of people. Alia, the rep from Mandela (nightclub) was lovely too.
The beach was gorgeous, always managed to get a sunbed whatever time of day. Bought some gorgeous ornements of a guy on the beach, managed to get a real good deal.
This resort is fantastic for families or couples looking for a relaxing holiday. The hotel is about 10mins from downtown cancun but buses come every 5 mins from outside the hotel and take you for about 35p each. We have never been on the bus soo much lol!
This was our first time in Cancun and were not dissapointed at all!! We`ll be returning and will be staying at Crown Paradise Club again.
Dont believe the bad reviews about toilets being dirty and stuff, The cleaners are constantly cleaning throughout the hotel at all hours and can only do their best!! We honestly didnt have a problem and would deffo reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Although most rooms have a sea view, ask for a high floor. The views across the sea and lagoon are a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank sami_b52
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! The staff and I are so pleased that you had so much fun with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

If you are a young couple who looks for good normal vibes , STAY AWAY.
If you are a family with kids who wants to sped all day long in the pool , eating and drinking , go this hotel.

Food is average , staff is very kind.

The checkin process was very slow!!
We waited about 45 mins in line untill we checked in!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Yonatan A
Elena A, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest
We appreciate you sharing your views of Crown Paradise Cancun. Our hotel is primarily a family hotel and as such most of our activities and installations cater towards them. In regards to check-in time, we apologize that the time was a bit longer than usual as we do try to explain to all our guests our services and schedules when they arrive.
We are very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear that your contact with them was pleasant and they made your stay here more enjoyable.

Cordially Yours,

Jaki Jamieson
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you have minimum expectations of a 4 Star resort, do not stay here. How they have a 4 star rating I will never know. They lack the most basic customer service, no attention to detail, restrooms by the main Palapa restaurant were as dirty as you would find in a subway. The all inclusive food was terribly prepared, tasted like rancid butter or oil. I found finger prints on my jello. The meat dishes and cold cuts had a weird taste, that I still cannot put my finger on. I think hospital food is above and beyond the food they dare to serve here. I have been to Cancun 9 other times and never had complaints about the food, in fact, I looked forward to their dishes at resorts I have stayed in. I could not bring myself to taste any of the fish dishes, since they smelled and looked very questionable. I had to change rooms 3 times in my first 24 hrs. As soon as I opened the balcony doors in the first room, a very strong cigarette smell filled my room, I called the front desk to move to another room and the person at the front desk had the nerve to tell me to keep my balcony door closed if I did not want to smell the cigarette smell. Keep in mind I booked a non-smoking room. The rooms are old and in serious need of repair. The second room had the vents bringing in all the rancid smell from the restaurant all night long, I felt like I was trapped in a dirty kitchen the entire night, the volume on the television would go off if you would change the channels too fast. The balcony doors in the third room were broken, the wind blew in my room all night long, I had to call maintanance to fix it. The water in the shower, came out of the wall instead of the faucet. I guess they wait for guests to report the problems, I do not think they inspect the rooms. In the middle of my stay I had the maintanance crew knock on my door to see if I wanted my room fumigated. HOW they thought, I would welcome a fumigation in the middle of my stay, I do not know. Not too mention that I question the chemicals they use for this purpose. I would think you would fumigate after someone leaves the room, not while they are in the room.
They pool area maintanance was disgusting, cigarette butts from the days before, soda and food spills from the days before were never cleaned or hosed off. I am bilingual, so I constantly over heard the staff complaining about management and/or their own co-workers and work conditions. They made no effort to show pride in their work. They only had one type of beer available, Corona and the woman working at the bar made you feel like she was doing you the biggest favor by getting you a beer. Their glasses stunk to cheap liquor, I do not think they know what hot water and detergent is for. A chunk of concrete fell off the wall by the elevator on the floor that I was staying, 6 days after it fell it was still there. Someone pushed in the # 6 button in the elevator and broke it, 5 days after it was broken, no one had fixed it. Not sure how the people that were on the 6th floor got to the 6th floor, if they were in the elevator that had the broken button. I could go on and on, but what is the use. If management has not noticed what is so obviously wrong with this place by now, they never will. I read the bad reviews about this hotel before I booked and I ignored them, do not make the same mistake I made, pay a bit more and stay somewhere else. I stayed at the Me by Melia in 2010 and love it,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Sonia C

Dear Guest;

We appreciate your feedback that helps to motivate us and also to know how our customers perceive our service and the facilities we provide.

Our staff at Crown Paradise Cancun always does their best in order to meet and if at all possible, surpass our client's expectations.

I read all your comments and would like if possible for you to contact us and let us know why you gave us this grade when your written comments were in general positive so that we can evaluate our areas of opportunity and improve them.

It will be a pleasure to have you and your family back.

Cordially Yours,

Jaki Jamieson
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Myself and partner went to crown paradise in sept 2012 where we were entertained by the fantastic entertainment team, friendly bar staff and stunning scenery. We were astounded by how clean the place is not even just the hotel room or bar in general, mexico is so beautiful! For me the restaurants were fantastic fun and food delicious, i was especially impressed by the fisherman's and the french restaurant they have there! What made our holiday was the entertainment team overall with the fantastic shows and friendly warmth! They made us feel so welcomed and that made our holiday all the more special. I would recommend this hotel 150%. Leah x

• Stayed: September 2012