Crown Paradise Club Cancun
$236
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$352
$508
$405
9,173 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantcollage barmain poolnew towerbunk bedszip linegames roomsteakfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Don't expect too much from this place and you won't be too greatly disappointed. Apparently the great reviews you see here are from people who have never experienced a nice resort before! It is on the LESS EXPENSIVE side of the all inclusive resorts available in Cancun and rightly so. If air conditioning is of high priority to you, then this place is definitely not the place to stay!!! In the steakhouse, the temperature was probably in upper 80s without any kind of circulation in the air. The food was ok, the alcohol was watered down but that's the case in about 95% of all inclusive resorts, and if you're used to resorts that bring you drinks, don't come here as we found ourselves constantly standing in line at the bars for drinks (especially since their drinks are all about 5 oz).

But the most frustrating thing to me was actually the elevator situation. There are 3 for each building and no stairs available to the guests. So you end up spending quite a bit of your time waiting for the elevators that only work sporadically when they want to. If they opened up the stairs, perhaps some of the people staying on the first and second floors would take the stairs rather than clog up the elevators. We were on the 6th floor which offered nice views of the beach & pool, but having to wait for the elevators was beyond frustrating.

Although the main pool is small, it didn't ever seem that overcrowded...maybe because there were several other pools, a kid's waterpark and a couple of bigger waterslides. The bars by the beach and pool close down way too early...and one final note about this resort: they ask that you do not flush your toilet paper (we did in our room anyway...as my friend put it...their plumbing is not my problem)!! But you can just imagine how nasty the public restrooms can be! Eeewww!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank par_teaof4
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If I was single, I would not choose to stay here (and, in general, I do not care for "all-inclusives"); however, those days are long gone, so I now look for family-friendly hotels/vacations. I traveled with my spouse and two children. We all had a fabulous time. The staff was very attentive. Although we read reviews that were highly critical of the food, we did not find the food to be as bad as some of the reviews stated (and we live in "foodie" San Francisco). It was decent food and, sometimes, quite good. No this is not a 5-star hotel, but for the price and what you get, it is a great value.

We did originally receive a room on the 1st floor, which we did not like. We asked to get moved, and they moved us to a room on the 6th floor with an ocean view. My kids made friends with other kids staying at the hotel. It was very easy to keep track of my kids and they enjoyed the Kids' Club.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a 1st or 2nd level room above one of the restaurants as you will be smelling/breathing in "food" smells.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SFsoccermom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Spent 3 weeks at Crown Paradise Club Hotel truely all inclusive (24hrs) Rooms spacious and all that a family needs. The entertainment team were fantastic and a big thankyou to Robo Cop, Amber, Holly, Chacho, Christian, Pamela, Rodrigo, Chui,Inti, lorena, and all the others. Our kids 6yrs and 8yrs loved it. First holiday that the kids cried as they didnt want to leave neither did we. The food was fantastic and there was something for everyone. The seven restaraunts were easy to book and only once could we not get the restaraunt we were after. One bit of advice steer clear of the sellers in the lobby they are charging 3 to 4 times what the same items cost outside either in the markets, Mexican Outlet or Walmart in downtown Cancun. One instance they wanted $20 for a bracelet that costs 40 pesos (£2) in England. My wife had exact bracelet with her. Back to the hotel all the staff were both pleasant and efficient, remember when tipping some only get $6 a day (£4) a 15 hour day at that.
All in all a excellent holiday
One other point WIFI is not free and very expensive at £10 to £12 per day was the only thing that let the hotel down.

Room Tip: Avoid Lobby sellers you will pay 3 to 4 times more than outside and HOTEL WIFI expensive
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Looeterry
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our 3rd time vacationing at Crown Paradise! Is is a five star resort, no. It is a no frills experience that your family will enjoy,yes. I have to say that we have new run into a problem with unfriendly staff. The biggest issue is the language barrier, but I look at that as more my issue since I don't speak Spanish. The few times I did run across a language barrier issue I was directed to front desk and they were very helpful.
The food was ok. Was it great, no, was it unedible no. We made our reservation the first day we arrived. The moring.
The biggest issue on all of our visits has been the lounge chairs at the pool. Yes you do need to get up really early if was want a pool side lounge chair. We did notice this year there were more chairs but that just meant more crowding. they do have daily activities that seem to be enjoyed by many. Is it loud poolside, yes it is, but that's part of the fun. They do have photo ops with various animal for the kids. Monkey's exotic birds donkey. The kids liked then but $25. For one 5x8 is too high.
The kids club does a nice job entertaining and keeping your kids busy. My son is 8 . This is the first year we allowed him to come and from the club as he wished. He always wanted to stay at the kids club for basketball, face painting , dodge ball ect.. Much more fun than hanging out at the pool with mom and dad.
The shows are put on by the entertainment staff. The kids love them.
This resort does need a face lift. Ever time we have gone it does appear they are slowly making improvements. For the $ it is an overall good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Scm77
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Traveling with husband and 5 year old son. Check-in was a breeze but yes they make you wait until 3pm to check-in even if your room is ready. Our room was fine for the four nights we were there and our house keeper was superb. The rooms are a bit out dated and yes the beds are super hard. We were in building one and had a great view of the ocean and had no problems regarding noise. My five year old had a blast. The kids club is amazing and the nightly shows are even better. This place has an amazing entertainment team. Grease, Circus and International shows were superb. My biggest complaint is the food. I did not like not one restaurant and the pizza "sucks". My favorite thing was a smoothie for breakfast besides that we all hated the food. My son was dieing for some real food. He said mommy please no more of those nasty hamburgers from Mexico...LOL The Sushi place a joke I never had fried rice that tasted like dirt. Wayne Boots disgusting don't bother. The italian restaurant was ok. The hotel is great for kids as they have everything to keep them entertained. The beach is beautiful but the waves are just too strong. If your looking for a quick cheap getaway with kids this is the place.

The time share sellers hawk you the minute you get there.. They are regular staffers offering coupons for day trips and bonus this and that but in the end they set you up with an advisor who will try to sell you time on the property. Who will ask you a million questions on how many times you travel blah blah tell them you work for a hotel and they will be sure to leave you alone. My husband and I did it but I was the least bit interested. My first time in Cancun and probably won't return for a long time I truly prefer Puerto Rico or Jamaica!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family