9,825 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the Crown Paradise Club in Cancun Mexico from March 23rd to March 28th 2012. I’ve stayed at this resort many times, and like my other trips, had a great time there. For a video review of the room I stayed in, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZANrpegjNA8 . I stayed on the adults only level of the second tower, the rooms are nicer, include a mini fridge with sodas and water, no alcohol in the mini fridge though. It gives you access to a lounge on the eighth floor of the second tower. It’s an air conditioned bar for cocktails in the evening, private breakfast area in the morning, and a PC to use (no free wifi). I think the best part is the breakfast in that lounge, it’s a lot less busy, so it’s more relaxed way of starting the day. I like the lively-ness of the regular resort bars in the evenings, but that is a preference thing.
The main buffet has plenty of options, so you can keep try different things so using the main buffet works well on multiple occasions on a trip. Just to note, the resort was fairly full during my trip, and the main buffet was working very hard to keep up with demand. Although one night I had a late diner (about 8:30 pm) and there wasn’t many options left on the main buffet. In addition to the main buffet, I ate at Wayne’s Boots (the steak house) and at their Italian restaurant. Both places were pretty good, my steak was bit over well done so it was tough, but not too bad.
As always, the best part of this resort as the entertainment team. They do a great job providing activities during the day around pool and on the beach. Perhaps I’ve just seen too many of their standard shows, or something like that, but I didn’t really like any of their evening shows this year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jhulsla
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed in our timeshare March 17 to March 24th 2012. We have been going to this resort for the past 17 years and have seen many changes. We found that being a timeshare owner, they will make all your reservations for dinner in advance before you arrive. What a time saver!!
They have also purchased all new chairs for the pool area and have put all the old blue chairs on the beach. At 9AM you could still find a chair, where in the past, you had to get up at the crack of dawn to save a chair. The restaurants have much better food and larger portions than in the past years. I understand they have a new person in charge. The only restaurant we would not recommend is the Italian. The food was very bland and service was OK. I do not think the Mexicans can prepare Italian food. They did have a great salad bar.
Our favorite restaurant has always been the French.
If you have a refrigerator in your room, they are now stocking it with bottled water, pop and beer.
Overall this is a great place to take the family with children. If you put your child in the baby care, they will give you a beeper like a restaurant to let you know if your child has awaken from a nap or they need you. New improved service.

Room Tip: You get a much nicer room if you are a timeshare owner. The top floor upgrade with the jacuzzi is a very small room and not worth the money.
4  Thank baybreeze350
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was a little worried traveling to Mexico after all the bad media but once I got there I was not worried anymore. We went right into vacation mode and felt safe. Anyways, check in was not smooth. They put us in a very dirty room which was not acceptable by any means so we went back to the front desk. After a couple hours of them playing dumb we got a good clean room with a fantasic panoramic view of the ocean. I think this is their normal procedure with every guest. Put them in the crappy rooms first. After check in everything went smoothly. I must say that the entertainment crew was amazing. The kids club was fantastic. The bartenders in the main lobby were a blast! All the service was top notch. The food was good. The resort itself is run down and could use alot of TLC but the staff and service made up for it. There is alot to do for everyone. No one was bored and we all enjoyed our stay. We would go back. This is a perfect place for a family vacation. My husband golfed in the hotel golf tournament and had a blast. He got first place and won a free three night stay. Cost him 65 bucks for a cart and clubs and free food a booze all day. He said the course was fantastic! Even spotted a couple giant Crocs! Aslo go to Dolphinarous and swim with the dolphins and spend the rest of the day at wet n' wild.

Room Tip: Don't let them play dumb about the rooms. If the person you are dealing with is playing dumb then deal with another person at the front desk.
2  Thank KimandCompany
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you like the smell of mold and mildew in your room then this is the place for you. We stayed mid February and can promise to never be back. The food at the buffet was okay, they need to mix up the menu a bit. Thank God for the omelette station and the Mexican station. The mattresses were hard, the air lacked coolness, and the water never went down the drain in the shower. The room service, housekeeping and overall service of the hotel was fantastic!!
The reservation system was just a racquet! The kids club was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!! If you do not have kids I would never recommend staying here. It is written up as a 3 1/2 star and I would rate it a 2. Beautiful beach, pool, and location. They need more comfortable seating in the lobby at night. It seems they don't want people to sit and enjoy drinks anywhere or their restaurants. Bring big non disposable cups for drinks and enjoy the weather. I hate to complain, but we have had better. We felt very safe in Mexico. Enjoy your trip!!!

Room Tip: room 2808 very nice view!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rzempala
Reviewed March 29, 2012

From 3/17 thru 3/24/12 my husband, 11 year old daughter and myself stayed at the Crown Paradise Club. We had never been to Mexico before so were looking forward to it for a long time. First, when checking in, we were told they had "overbooked" for that one night and asked if we wanted to stay at the neighboring resort and if so, they'd give us a free jungle sufari or a free lobster dinner; OR we could stay here but all they had were rooms with one king bed. We opted to stay and thought it would be ok for one night for our daughter to sleep with us. Upon getting to our room, we were in the older tower and of course, the room only had 2 twin beds in it. The bellboy stated he'd bring another bed. A 1/2 hr later, housekeeping showed up to make the bed that hadn't arrived yet. (Neither of these 2 could speak a stitch of english mind you), she left & came back about another 1/2 hr later, tried to use the phone, then took my husband down a couple rooms to call the front desk. We were moved to this room which then had a king bed in the dinette area and 2 twin beds. We were to go back to the front desk between 9-10 am the next day to get out room for the rest of the week. Needless to say, with all this, we didn't get to sit down and eat until 7:30pm. The next day, we had to bring our luggage back down to be put aside until our other room was ready. That too quite some time. We finally got put into our room and finally got to unpack and go to the pool, which of course was 2pm by this time (my daughter was NOT happy).

The resort is nice and clean, pools are ok, drinks weren't the greatest and food was something to be desired. NOT to mention I got sick from the food a couple of times and even now, being home for 4 days, and STILL sick which I have to go to my doctor tomorrow to find out what's going on. They think I got a parasite from either the food or the ice SO BE CAREFUL....we used bottled water for ANYTHING we drank, and I was the only one of us 3 that ate salads most every day, and that or the ice may be where I got something, if not the other food. The restaurants were good but small portions. The ocean was beautiful but it was very windy every day we were there so the waves were a constant and hard to swim in...the waves beat you up pretty good. The shows were great so I'd recommend you go to them. Quite entertaining for the entire family. Most of the workers expected tips BUT did good regardless. The grounds are nice and it's a relaxed atmosphere. They do try to sucker you into a time share so beware of that....we wasted 2 1/2 hrs going to that as well. My daughter wanted her hair braided so we decided to have the salon on the resort do it as the price seemed comparable to those doing it on the beach. We were told $25 american and I told her we'd do it the next day after my daughter has showered & conditioned her hair. Went there the next day and asked again how much and was again told $25 and scheduled it for a 1/2 hr later to be done by the pool...Funny how within a 1/2 hour the price went up to $30 american....NOT GOOD. Her braids did turn out great BUT the same woman who told me $25 the night before NOW up'd the price by $5. Needless to say, the place was VERY crowded but it was spring break, but I've been told by many who are owners that it's like that most of the time. WOuld like a little less people maybe. We really enjoyed the weather, the ocean, the beautiful area BUT the food wasn't that good and the language barrier was horrible for a resort who has mostly english speaking customers. I don't think I could honestly recommend it here.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at least the 3rd floor up and with an ocean view....it was beautiful to look at the ocean off our balcony
2  Thank dobiqueenx2