“consistent”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #59 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“consistent”
Reviewed August 22, 2003

We have traveled to Cancun around 8 times and have stayed at the Crown Paradise 3 times. Yes, it is showing its age. Yes, it is not pure luxury. But for families, it is an excellent choice and consistent. We have had few problems at the hotel and any problems were addressed by hotel management with great enthusiasm. We like the variety of facilities and the consistency of the food -- very, very good, but if you're looking for top of the line details, you might be disappointed.
Anyway, over a ten year span, we see many of the same people working there and they are extremely nice and helpful. We have tried an "upgrade" to a more luxurious hotel and were horribly disappointed. So, back to CPC with good food, good people, and, consequently, a good vacation.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 22, 2003

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at CP. We had a really good time.
The food is good, particularly in Waynes Boots and Fishermans. THe sports facilities are great and easily booked. There are always enough sunbeds, despite people moaning otherwise.The food court was spot on and the staff in there were really helpful. The pool bar was okay but the staff were a bit "glum" to say the least. The maid service was excellent. The hotel offers many facilities, however not many of us Brits used the Baby Club - supervision was not what we are used to!!
The Aqua park was great for our 3yr old but many parents left their kids unsupervised which I would not recommend as the "lifeguard" was a bit shy in controlling unruly 10/11yr old boys. The one problem we had was that Family entertainment was an hour long show each night. The Trafalgar bar was adult ony apart from Bingo, when they let the kids in for 2 hours. This is an ideal place for couples at night as kids are only allowed in Romberos which is were we spent every night - a bit tedious towards the end. I wouldn`t come back even though we had a really nice time. If you aren`t too bothered about night time as a family then this is great for you.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2003

This is the third trip I make to the Crown Paradise, and let me tell you it gets better and better. The beach, the bars, the friendly atmosphere make this a truly wonderful and memorable vacation destination. Even being my third trip there, It still leaves you wanting more. I must admit though, that the shows they put on are rather cheesy, but let me tell you. The Mexican show, is great, and the Fantasy show is Truly entertaining if you have kids. Afterwards, the characters pose for pictures with the crowd. The best advice I can give for making reservations at the restaurants is to do them a day before.
Especially Wayne's Boot's. That one fills up quick. El rumbero isn't what it used to be, in that there are alot more kids there at the pool tables, but its still a great way to spend a night in, if you have to go to bed early for a tour the next day. And speaking of tours, I HIGHLY recomend the Chichen Itza tour. The Mayan ruins are a sight, and I gaurantee, that unless you travel to Egypt, or Mexico city, you will not see any ruins that come close to these. The main pyramid has a view from the top that can match any view on earth. Do take alot of water though, and dress comfortabally. PLEASE do not forget walking shoes.
And as for the Staff at the hotel. Friendliest staff I have EVER encountered. And Alberto in the lobby bar is a crack up. Be careful with him.. He might surprise you with a plastic spider from time to time. please be kind and tip. Over all, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already about this wonderful resort.
Other than if you want to see a lil history, and see some ruins within walking distance, you can cross the street, and walk about 50 yards, and come across some ruins called EL Rey, or the kings ruins. They only charge you about 3 american dollars to go in, and don't expect any Huge ruins. these are small compared to some that are in the Yucatan penninsula. Dolphin Beach is just up the road from the CPC, and around 5:30 in the morning, you can see dolphins playing in the water. If you're up at that hour. Highly recomend taking the bus when you go clubbing, shopping, or into downtown. It only runs you 6 pesos, or a lil under 60 cents. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel. I highly recomend the Crown Paradise. Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me...

Essex, England
Reviewed August 18, 2003

My wife and I had a superb 3 weeks at Crown Paradise in July. After reading mixed reviews on this site, decided to approach with a totally open mind. Yes, there were some minor things that could be improved, but nothing that could detract from an overall excellent place. We had a club room, with jaccuzzi, and mini-bar that are on the top floors of the new tower and are adults only. Also had own concierge and adult only bar on 8th floor. Would highly recommend upgrading to these rooms if possible. Superb view of swimming pools and the beach, rooms cleaned very thoroughly and cleaners also left towels in shape of hearts and swans - a nice touch. The food was excellent, the buffet breakfast offered excellent choice with freshly cooked options. The sushi/chinese restaurant for lunch became a firm favourite, with the burgers, ribs chicken etc an excellent alternative. We tried all of the restaurants in the evenings, except the buffet and all were very good. Our favourite was the 50's adult only restaurant - good food and a nice ambiance, excellent steaks in Waynes Boots, Italian and Seafood also very good. the Mexican was our least favourite - food not very hot on one occasion, but when we tried it again it was fine, so perhaps we just caught them on a bad night!! The entertainment staff work very hard with something going on for kids and adults around the main pool from 10-5.00 daily, although it can get a bit noisy. The adult only pool on 1st floor with swim up bar is a quieter alternative, and there were always sunbeds available there. The beach is very sandy although the current is strong, so need to be a reasonable swimmer. The evening shows were quite good if nothing special. Staff in all areas very friendly and service in restaurants and bars was excellent. Recommend Aqua world's 3 tours for $99 as good value, we done the Jungle Tour, Isla Mujeres and Skyrider all very good. Also went to Xelha, which was very good, although the number of pick-ups going there meant we didn't really have enough time there.The following are areas where there could be some improvement. It was very hot and there was no shade whatsoever on the beach. There was limited shade around the main pool area, and towels were being put on the prime sunbeds at 6.00am!! They advertise dress codes for the restaurants but apart from long trousers in the 50's, these weren't enforced. if they are going to have these codes then at least stick to them or don't bother!! Lobby area was very stuffy, could do with some fans. Breakfast buffet was disorganised, sometimes hard to find a table, then when you did so someone would take your chair or cups whilst you are getting your food!!! Biggest downer was that my camera was stolen from the lobby, not hotels fault, but one time when staff less than helpful and fairly disinterested.

3 Thank RayEssex_England
Reviewed August 17, 2003

I stayed at the CPC from August 9th to the 16th and I must say it was worth every penny. They didn't have the room that my boyfriend and I reserved, so we were upgraded at no extra charge. It was great. The food was good, espeially the steak house and the seafood place. Even the food court had good food. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The bar drinks were not watered down, as said in previous reveiws. It was a very good vacation and if I go to cancun again, I will most likely stay there. Their was one minor complaint, and that is that the mattress was very hard, but I still slept fine. I highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants their moneys worth at an all inclusive resort.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2003

My family and I went to the Crown Paradise Club Hotel a few years ago in the spring. It was the best vacation. The hotel was extremely clean and the service was friendly,(expecially Ceasar.)We flew out of Calgary , Alberta and stayed at our familys house. Our trip was a week long minus 24 hours since our plane had delays. The hotel has so much to offer and the food was great . I especially liked the all you can eat ice cream. The beach is so beautiful it looks like it is out of a postcard. I am for surely going back one year but first my family and I are spending this years Christmas and New Years in Cuba. We booked it two days ago and we are extremely excited. For those of you who are thinking of planning your holiday at The Crown Paradise Club Hotel In Cancun , go for it. The hotel is great.

Reviewed August 13, 2003

We stayed in the CPC from 3rd June to 17th June this year. We had a great time, before we left I had looked at at a few of the reviews on here and I was slightly nervous - I had no reason to be. The hotel is lovely, we stayed in one of the Club Rooms. This meant we had a Kingsize bed, jacuzzi, CD player and a free minibar which was stocked daily amoungst other things. We also had access to the club lounge which is a lovely bar on the top floor, It has huge glass windows which overlook the beach/hotel pool area. The club lounge is fab for cocktails and canapes in the evening and you also have your own concierge service, this is how we booked all our resturants.

The food was great, our favourite reasturant was the fifties, you have to dress up a little to get in but I think that just adds to your night anyway. Waynes Boots and the Italian were great aswell. During the day the buffet resturant put on a huge selection including a pasta bar and pizzas made to order. Breakfast - you could basically have anything you want and it was served until 11.30 am.

We went out clubbing a few times and had a great time, we didn't find cancun particurarly expensive. Best place Snr Frogs - we went with the hotel, they go to a club about 11pm everynight. The bars in the hotel are great too. There wasn't much entertainment at night but most people seemed happy enough having a drink and a chat.

The pools are nice, we always went to the adult pool as we weren't too bothered about the entertainment at the main pool. The adult pool has a swim up bar so thats a bonus, also a few American ladies were complaining of topless sunbathing so you could sunbathe topless in peace at the adult pool if you wanted - some people are easliy offended!!!

We dont have kids (we're only 23!!) so can't comment on the kids clubs/play areas etc. except to say that there was always something on for the kids and they seemed to enjoy it.

Would reccommend the hotel to anyone, from honeymooners, familys, couples to groups. The service is unbelievable - and gets even better when you tip.