“great holiday”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #59 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
“great holiday”
Reviewed August 14, 2003

My family and I went to the Crown Paradise Club Hotel a few years ago in the spring. It was the best vacation. The hotel was extremely clean and the service was friendly,(expecially Ceasar.)We flew out of Calgary , Alberta and stayed at our familys house. Our trip was a week long minus 24 hours since our plane had delays. The hotel has so much to offer and the food was great . I especially liked the all you can eat ice cream. The beach is so beautiful it looks like it is out of a postcard. I am for surely going back one year but first my family and I are spending this years Christmas and New Years in Cuba. We booked it two days ago and we are extremely excited. For those of you who are thinking of planning your holiday at The Crown Paradise Club Hotel In Cancun , go for it. The hotel is great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,397)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 13, 2003

We stayed in the CPC from 3rd June to 17th June this year. We had a great time, before we left I had looked at at a few of the reviews on here and I was slightly nervous - I had no reason to be. The hotel is lovely, we stayed in one of the Club Rooms. This meant we had a Kingsize bed, jacuzzi, CD player and a free minibar which was stocked daily amoungst other things. We also had access to the club lounge which is a lovely bar on the top floor, It has huge glass windows which overlook the beach/hotel pool area. The club lounge is fab for cocktails and canapes in the evening and you also have your own concierge service, this is how we booked all our resturants.

The food was great, our favourite reasturant was the fifties, you have to dress up a little to get in but I think that just adds to your night anyway. Waynes Boots and the Italian were great aswell. During the day the buffet resturant put on a huge selection including a pasta bar and pizzas made to order. Breakfast - you could basically have anything you want and it was served until 11.30 am.

We went out clubbing a few times and had a great time, we didn't find cancun particurarly expensive. Best place Snr Frogs - we went with the hotel, they go to a club about 11pm everynight. The bars in the hotel are great too. There wasn't much entertainment at night but most people seemed happy enough having a drink and a chat.

The pools are nice, we always went to the adult pool as we weren't too bothered about the entertainment at the main pool. The adult pool has a swim up bar so thats a bonus, also a few American ladies were complaining of topless sunbathing so you could sunbathe topless in peace at the adult pool if you wanted - some people are easliy offended!!!

We dont have kids (we're only 23!!) so can't comment on the kids clubs/play areas etc. except to say that there was always something on for the kids and they seemed to enjoy it.

Would reccommend the hotel to anyone, from honeymooners, familys, couples to groups. The service is unbelievable - and gets even better when you tip.

Reviewed August 12, 2003

I read the reviews before we left for Cancun and was not sure what to expect. Those who had many negative comments must be extremely picky.
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the CPCC. I have never had so much fun on any of our vacations before. First, I'll have to say that the reviews were correct in not expecting your room before 3p. So, have your swimsuits & sunblock ready to spend the day swimming. We tried to get upgraded to the new tower, but they were full. We ended up in the old tower and it was in need of updating, but it wasn't terrible. We were on the 6th floor and the view was fabulous. We tipped the maid nicely the first day and got great extra touches the rest of the week.
Same goes with the bartenders and waiters. Tip them good to begin with and they'll take care of you wonderfully. The entertainment staff is excellent. They made the day fun and vivacious. If you don't like the 'party' atmosphere and children. This isn't the place for you. There is music playing all day at the main pool with lots of water games. My children 12 & 8 did not like the Kids Club. It was too kiddy for them.
But there were plenty of activities otherwise to keep them entertained.
The food at the buffet was good with plenty of choices, the Japanese Restaurant was very good, the Fisherman's Club was a bit upscale food for me, my family enjoyed it though. We never got into any of the other restaurants. They were always booked. They say to call 24 hrs in advance. I would call by 8:15am latest every morning for the next evening and never got a reservation. That I was highly disappointed in.
So, we ate at the buffet. The snack bar after 9 was handy also for those late night munchies. The drinks are plenty and very good. None of us got sick from the water or fruit. However, at the Cancun airport we ate donuts and muffins before departing since there was no food at the hotel at 6am. And we have been a bit woosy since(four days home). So, I would advice not to eat the food at the airport. The shows at night were a bit cheese, but fun. My kids enjoyed playing pool at night, but as it got busier they had to be signed in and reserve table times. The adult pool was not for us. Some ladies chose to lay out topless and for us Americans it was a bit culture shock. That's also where the 'jacuzzi' is. It's definitely not the kind of jacuzzi we're use to. It was cool and hardly any jets. We reserved our tour packages through the hotel and they were each fantastic. We did the Xcaret which I recommend, but Xel-Ha is the best especially if you like to snorkel or scuba dive. The Captain Hook Pirate Ship dinner cruise was a blast. The food was ok, but it's worth it for the fun. The show they put on is great, the people were fun and the atmosphere is worth the money. That was my fave! The waters and beaches at the hotel was clean and beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have children/families going.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2003

I was at the Crown Paradise club from July 26 to August 1 2003. I had a great time. The entertainment staff are what set this place above others. From 9:00 am to 5:00 om they have events planed in the pool or on the beach. Activities include water aerobics, pool basketball, water polo, water volleyball, beach volleyball, and everyone's favorite, tequilla volleyball. They also do little skits and contests from time to time at the pool. I did not bring children along but I noticed that all the kids were thourghly entertained by the staff with activities during the day as well. During the evening they have shows in a theatre. The shows are a bit "cheesey" but entertaining non the less.
Later on the have adult contests and then bar tours at 11pm.

The bell boys are very excellent this hotel as well. My airline lost my luggage for a day and a half. I was expecting the airline to deliver my luggage to the hotel. I was being very impatient about this. I went down the bell boys every couple of hours asking if my luggage had arrived. They were always very curtouse with me. When my luggage, they called my room right way and brought it to me, just as they promised the first time I asked about it.

The food is pretty good at CPC. All-Inclusive resorts prepare their food to cater to the bulk of their guests. This means people with picky tastes may not be happy with any all-inclusive. I am not a picky eater and was satisfied with the food. I expected to have to tolerate the differences between Mexican cooking style and that of upstate New York, so I was happy. Anyone traveling abroad should expect to have different tastes with food. Anyway, there was always plenty of food and done. I ate at the main dinning area most of the time. I did get to the sea food restaurante, it was excellent, first rate all the way. I assume the other restaurante in the hotel are first rate as well because they consider the sea food place lower end than the others.

Alchol, aw the true reason for Mexican all inclusive resorts. CPC's bars are all excellent. The bar tenders and wairtresses take of you really well. Corona and Corona lite are they only beers they have. It was always servered cold and fresh. They have almost any liquour you could want. The bar tenders know a lot of mixed drinks as well, and not just the standard carribean specialities.

I really recommend this place

3 Thank jhulsla
Reviewed August 3, 2003

I enjoyed by stay at the hotel. We were there for 5 days and 4 nights. The steak restaurant Wayne's Boot was delicious. The staff was friendly and my room was clean. We stayed in the old building but i view from our hotel room spectacular. I look forward to going back with my family next year. While on the plane there we meet a family that goes there every year for the past 4 years.

Reviewed August 2, 2003

What a great hotel! More than enough food ( good food and variety) and drink. The main pool is very entertaining with activities all day starting from 10 am - the pool entertainers really make the day go quickly and are very very friendly and there are activities taking place all the time with music playing all day. For families, this is definitlely the place to go. Staff is courteous and helpful. A/C in rooms is great. Great value for the buck! Friendly guests too! The only downside is that the lobby bar closes at midnite and the gift shops by 10 pm. There are no vending machines on the floors, so if you want a cold drink in the morning or late at night, you are out of luck, unless your room has a mini bar. Most do not.

Reviewed August 2, 2003

My boyfriend and I stayed at the CPC in April, after reading the reviews I too was a little skeptical. We however found the CPC to be wonderful. The food was exceptional, we tried Waynes boot house (you must ride the bull) the fifties restuarant was beutiful the food was very fancy good but nothing we particuraly cared for. The buffet was great everything made to order. We found the sushi resturant on our last day this was Fantastic wish we would have found it earlier. The beach was beutiful we never had to look for a chair there was always an umbrella for us/. The ocean was incredible clear warm water and white sand. The adults pool great, friendly people wonderful drinks. I can't wait to go back We were never bothered by kids. Only complaint rooms were a little musty beds hard and sheets like sandpaper got a little rug burn,from the sheets..... We were in the old tower with views that were breathtaking. Next year we will bring the kids.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Smart Cancun by Oasis
GR Caribe by Solaris
GR Caribe by Solaris
#25 of 175 in Cancun
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!