“GREAT FOOD!!EXCELENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”
Review of Pik Nik

Pik Nik
Ranked #36 of 1,021 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mexican cuisine restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Cancun, two blocks from the bus station, and 15 minutes from the hotel zone (taking Route One, R1). Pik Nik décor is casual and full of color, on the terrace you can enjoy a local and family ambiance.Restaurante de cocina típica mexicana, localizado en el corazón del centro de Cancún, a dos calles de la central de autobuses, y a 15 minutos de la zona hotelera (tomando la Ruta Uno, R1). Pik Nik cuenta con una decoración casual y llena de color, en su terraza podrás disfrutar de un ambiente local y familiar
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My Husband and i have ate at this restaurant 4-5 times. Everything is great. Cheff has a lot of experiance. I've you are not sure what to order let the cheff know what you are craving and he will never go wrong. The outside of the restaurant is perfect. Very cultural. I love this place and i will continue to come back to these restaurant next time i visit Cancun. Oh by the way I've tried many Micheladas in Cancun and have to say that Pik Nik was the best!! ;)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We've been to Pik Nik twice since we got to Cancun and we have enjoyed our meals and service both times. The first time I ordered the rib eye steak and asked for rice instead of a baked potato. Our waiter Giovanni said that was fine. The steak was very tasty and the rice and everything else was also very good. I don't know why I order steak in Mexico but I do. My wife ordered tacos and she was very pleased with them. I ordered a Mojito drink but the restaurant was out of mint but Giovanni promised he would have mint the next we came. After we paid the bill I told Giovanni the steak was undercooked but it was still delicious and he also assured me that next time they would cook it just way I like it.
We went back to Pik Nik two nights later and as soon as we showed up Giovanni recognized us and assured me they had mint for the Mojito and he would cook the steak more.
I ordéred the rib eye with the baked potato this time and asked that it be cooked to medium.
When I cut into the steak it was still undercooked so Giovanni took it back to the kitchen to have it cooked more. When it came back it was cooked perfectly this time and all the other cooked food on the plate was also hot. The steak was excellent and my wife's meal was great.
We have been in Cancun for 3 weeks now and we plan to go back to Pik Nik again before we go home. Of all the restaurants we've been to Pik Nik is our favorite and their prices are cheaper than all the others that have good reviews.
If you want a good meal with a nice atmosphere where you can check out the people as they walk by go to Pik Nik.
I've learned a couple things about Mexico, one is that they cook steaks to a different scale than Canada and USA. Secondly, there is no such thing as 2 for 1 drinks in Mexico even though the restaurants and bars call it 2 for 1. It's more like 2 drinks for 1.75 times the price of one drink.
At least this is the way it is at every place we have been to that advertises 2 x 1.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed for two weeks and ate there twice. Probably loves lunch more because it was less crowded then. Delicious guacamole for an appetizer. Exceptional enchiladas due to their special green sauce, rather than typical red. Yummy!!! Two for one drinks, oh yeah! Outdoor dining with exceptional service. I definitely will be back.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Me and two girls decided to try Pik Nik after settling down at a local hotel blocks away. It was our first meal in Cancun and the food was surprisingly good. The waiters were very helpful and attentive. I would definitely recommend Pik Nik to anyone who is visiting downtown Cancun!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My friends and I found Pik Nik tucked away on a little side street. You could tell it was popular, because it was busy....always a good sign. They put hand sanitizer on the table for your convenience....another good sign of hygiene. We ordered chips and guacamole and beer to start, and had to wait for the guacamole because they don't keep it sitting around...it's made fresh. Another good sign! I had the fish tacos, and they were delicious. There are only two-three waiters at this little place, and they work hard and fast to make sure their customers are served promptly and have everything they need.

We had to eat and leave quickly that night, as we had somewhere we had to be, but we came back another night and ate here again. This time I had the shrimp tacos, and they were so stuffed with shrimp I could hardly fold the tortilla. My friend had chile renello, and said it was delicious. The other had chicken fajitas, also delicious, and lots of food.

I love the atmosphere here, right on the street with lots of local people around...it's my favourite kind of dining when I'm travelling. The folks at Pik Nik are really proud to be well-rated on Trip Advisor, and asked us to tell their friends. So I am! Enjoy, salut!