“Authentico”

Pik Nik
Ranked #27 of 960 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mexican cuisine restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Cancun, two blocks from the bus station, and 15 minutes from the hotel zone (taking Route One, R1). Pik Nik décor is casual and full of color, on the terrace you can enjoy a local and family ambiance.Restaurante de cocina típica mexicana, localizado en el corazón del centro de Cancún, a dos calles de la central de autobuses, y a 15 minutos de la zona hotelera (tomando la Ruta Uno, R1). Pik Nik cuenta con una decoración casual y llena de color, en su terraza podrás disfrutar de un ambiente local y familiar
olympia, wa
“Authentico”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My review got lost somewhere but here is the summary. Great local food, affordable pricing, and large portions. Super service with very nice ownership and an exceptional chef.

We were looking for fresh and well prepared food near Parque las Palapas. Got it!!! This was by far our best restaurant meal in the week spent just prior to Thanksgiving 2013.

The spicy garlic stuffed fish special of the day was tasty and we compared our different versions. She went solely for the shrimp stuffing---me, I took the complete mix of fresh fish stuffing.

Too bad we found it the last night we were in Cancun. We would have made it a daily dinner and did some more people watching. I am told that the weekends are best and Saturday was no exception. There was a good happy hour special on Margaritas, too. Finished with an after dinner tequila liquer made with honey, not available in the USA, and much cheaper and tastier thasn the DutyFree Shop. I look forward to this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cancun, Mexico
“True Mexican experience in Cancun”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The sympathetic owner Jésus convinced us to have lunch in his restaurant and we were not disappointed: great guacomole, hugh Margerita for little money, good food.

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Didn't like it at all”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant for lunch with my wife. I ordered three tacos and my wife got something from steak part. We both didn't like our foods. The taco breads were awful. Honestly i would not go back to this restaurant. The food was average in total but I believe the quality is not what its rank says in tripadvisor.

2 Thank Pooya_86
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best spicy garlic fish in the heart of Cancun, not the hotel zone!!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place, if you like garlic and fish in the same sentence, then you have to come here to taste the spicy garlic fish. It's not that spicy, so don't freak out if you are afraid of spiciness, but it is so tasty as you would not believe.

So, gringos on the hotel zone, it is very easy to walk 100 Yds from your hotel lobby to the bus stop. Get on any R1 bus. It is 9.5 pesos. The driver will make change and the language of your birth is not relevant in the simple transaction so do not sweat it. Get off at Cancun Centro bus station. You are within a sand wedge of Burger King. Ask someone which way to Burger King. Everyone will gladly point. It's on the same road you are standing on. About 40 yds down the side street right behind BK is this Pik Nik place. It's safe clean friendly and the food is outstanding. And the food in hotel zone very unspectacular so the very small effort is well worth the dish... Try it...

1 Thank Yanli J
Dublin, Ireland
“No Service”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stopped in here after reading TA, I was shown to a seat and brought a beer!! That was it! As they were too busy trying to get more people in and not serving the people that were in.
I had to get up to get a bill so I could leave and go next door to Gory Tacos to get service. I would not go back.

• Visited December 2013