Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
$249
$337
$275
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
6,516 results
All reviewspina coladada vincisushi barla vistajacuzzi barindonesian restaurantvacation clubpool grilllagoon viewall inclusive packageall inclusive plantime sharemarble floorstacosmichael jackson showdress codekids club
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed three days at this hotel and I have very good reviews. Initially, the staff is perfectly bilingual, is very attentive to its customers. The hotel is remarkably clean. My room had a view over the pool and it was really beautiful. The restaurant "Da Vinci", "La Paloma" and "Pina Colada" are really good. I particularly liked the "Da Vinci" with Italian cuisine revisited. "La Paloma"has nothing to envy, this is a good restaurant, with a section buffet very good and the service is generous.
Finally, the beach is beautiful despite the coldness of temperature. cause of bank erosion, the beach is not what it was but the whole remains beautiful!
The rooms are not soundproof bringing the solo traveler to hear any kind of noise ...
The atmosphere is family and you always feel safe. The cocktails are very good but it definitely lacks a nightclub in the hotel.
Employees especially appreciate the U.S. dollar ...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed at Omni over this years Christmas break, the food was great, although they had only one buffet they changed the theme every night, our favorite was kabob night, yummy. The Sushi Bar and Pina Colada Restaurant were also good. We didn't get to try the la carte but we should have booked as soon as we arrived so that was our fault. The rooms were clean, the resort itself was very clean. The staff were great, very friendly. The beach was awesome! Yes I would recommend this resort but with this in mind.......

We had a late flight back. our flight left 11:00 pm at night, the bus pick up from hotel to airport was at 7:45pm from but we had to check out at 11:00 am which was fine, they looked after our luggage and had hospitality room for us to shower and get ready for the return trip. Our all inclusive ended at 5 pm which everyone failed to mention! Our travel agent should have been told, she had no idea. We should have been told when we checked out at 11:00 am which we weren't. We were told our all inclusive ended at 5:00 pm AFTER we were seated and ordered drinks and one of our boys actually having his dinner!!!!! You don't want to pay for all inclusive then have to pay for $100 plus dinner before you leave! By the way we arrived at the hotel at midnight our first night there so it didn't cost the hotel anything to feed us for our first night of all inclusive.

So just to warn other travelers to keep this in mind so you don't get a nasty surprise!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank VioletBar
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Terrible experience, my family and I have travelled to Mexico on several occassions, and this was the worst hotel we have stayed in. The pools were freezing cold, and they would not allow children in either of the two hot tubs. We had to use the pool facilities at a neighbouring hotel (Oasis). They only have one evening restaurant and the buffet did not offer a lot of variety for the kids or us. There is only one choice for a reserved restaurant- which is impossible to get into. I would not recommend this hotel with anyone with children. They actually had a lifeguard and security guard watching over the warm pool to make sure no kids went in. The kids club was never seen outside, and there is nothing for your kids to do at this resort. We were so disappointed with the pool temp and lack of activities for kids- we would not come back, and spoke to several people who had the same comments we did.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank natedill
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear Recent Omni Cancun Guests,
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay and we are truly sorry that our resort did not meet your expectations. We understand your frustration due to the weather conditions during your visit that our pool temperatures were not what they should be during this time of year. This was one of the coolest Christmas weeks we have had on record in Cancun (Dec. 24 through 30, 2010), which was highly unusual, as it was in the other parts of the world.
Our jacuzzis are for adult usage at the resort and sorry that the policy affects children. Our management is involved in a solution to heat the children´s pool and that will hopefully be an improvement that we can provide for future clients for 2012. Most resorts in our destination do not have heated pools, as the climate is usually warm enough to sustain comfortable pool temperatures.
Also due to thewetaher our outdoor theme events were hampered, not offeringt he variety we have for evening dining. We are also looking at expnading our Sushi bar hours to offer evening dining as well as an extra option. We do offer 24 hours room service for dining as well.
Again, please accept our apologies that your experience was not fulfilled.
Warmest regards,
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas

Reviewed January 4, 2011

I traveled with family - my mother and aunt (middle-aged), and sister and cousin (20s). We were there from Dec. 20-27.

We really had a fantastic experience at the Omni. I wanted to write a quick review here because we chose the Omni based on positive reviews on this site.

As others have stated, the hotel is remarkably clean and very well staffed with friendly people. We had three people in a room, and though they normally charge $30/night for an extra bed, they graciously provided one for free (it wasn't a terrible cot either - a fold-down single bed). Our rooms were lagoon view since we expected to spend little time there (which was true); one of the rooms actually was on the corner and we could see both the beach and the lagoon. No doubt the ocean side has a vastly superior view, but as I said, we were there to be ON the beach, not looking at it from a balcony.

It was far less busy the first few days of the trip, and we could get a spot on the beach with little trouble, but by Christmas the hotel had filled up and we had to be down early to reserve lounge chairs (standard for most resorts). The water was absolutely stunning. One thing about the beach, however - there's a smallish cliff one has to negotiate on the way to the water's edge, and no stairs. People had to dig out makeshift sand-stairs. My aunt has difficulty with stairs because of a leg condition and had to travel quite a distance down the beach to find a suitable way up and down. The water's edge was basically inaccessible for her from the hotel.

Lots of pools, though not many people used them (mostly children). The jacuzzi/swim up bar is ridiculously luxurious. A cool wind or cloudy day? Try sitting in the warm bubbling water at a table with a drink! Though, as the hotel got busy, that particular pool got very busy.

Food was excellent. A warning, however - I'm vegetarian, and the choices were certainly more limited, which I expected. Some 'theme nights' were better than others (the Italian night had lots of choice; Cajun, far less so). I ended up eating some seafood. But the quality was excellent. Do yourself a favour - reserve at Da Vinci as soon as you get there. They're not kidding when they say it books up. You won't regret it - the food and service was amazing, truly fine dining.

The activities seemed less organized and frequent than at the resorts I've stayed at in the Dominican. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to that, though, so I can't be positive.

Again, as others have noted, there's virtually no night life at the hotel. Actually the first few nights we were shocked at how empty the hotel seemed at night. The only bar that stays open late is the lobby bar, and that only until 1am. Not a problem for families with young kids, but a little disappointing for the 3 of us. Still, as the hotel got busier the lobby bar was livelier, and the live music (two guitarists) was quite nice. Every night some of the hotel staff organize trips to a club downtown - we did this a few times and had a blast. Costs extra, of course - anywhere from $40-$50 - but it's a cab ride there, no lineup or cover, a private table with full bottle service and open bar all night. Juan and Brissa are absolutely great - genuinely fun to hang out with! We miss them... Also, being able to order room service at 3:30am after a night at the club was very cool (we did have a bad experience the first time we did this, the first night, around 1:30am - very, very late in coming, wrong food, cranky person delivering it - but that was the exception. It was fine after that).

My aunt tried the spa, and though she generally enjoyed the experience, she was a bit disappointed that it was the same person who did ALL of the spa things (jack of all trades, master of none).

Absolutely do an excursion to one of the Mayan sites in the area. Be wary of the excursion to the Isla Mujeres, though - costs much less to do it yourself with a simple bus ride to the ferry, then across. If it's windy, as it was for us, they cancel some of the activities (snorkeling, parasailing), and the catamaran ride becomes nightmarish with little to no regard for safety in the waves.

Overall, we highly recommend this hotel. It was a very positive experience. Super friendly staff, excellent amenities, great food, and a killer beach. Most definitely would return, should we go back to Cancun.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank TorontoVeg
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We just arrived home from a one week stay at the Omni Resort in Cancun, and have good thi9ngs to say about it. I had first booked this resort based on the good reviews I read in Trip Advisor. As it got closer to our time to depart I started to read some bad ones, and get a little worried that I had made a mistake. Well I sure didn't! This was a wonderful resort, and I can't imagine what people would have to complain about.

The entire resort was clean, clean, clean. Nothing to worry about there. The room was outfitted very nicely, and the bedding/towels were of the highest quality we have ever had in Mexico (been to Mexico 6 time now). When we first arrived we were told that they did not have the Oceanfront Room we had booked and paid for. I thought - oh here we go as this happens in Mexico sometimes and it is a fight to get your correct room. Well no worries here at the Omni, we were called first thing the next morning, and moved with no hassles right away.

The buffet was good, and there was a different theme each night. At some resorts we have found even if there was supposed to be a different theme, the food all looked the same. Not here, the food really was different and very good. The restaurant on the beach was good as well, and nice to be on the beach literally as the floors were sand covered. Da Vinci's - we were supposed to get 3 reservations, but were only able to get one, and our choice was either 9 or 10 at night which is late for us as we tend to eat by 7:00 usually. The one night was very good though, too bad we couldn't have gone again to try a few other things on the menu that sounded good. (The Ceaser Salad was very good here - be sure to try.) Had room service one night and it was really good too. Nice to have this option avaiable 24 hours a day! Overall we found all the staff of the resort and especially the restaurant staff (as that is who we hade most contact with) to be exceptionally friendly and eager to please.

The pools and area are all beautiful. Read other complaints about the cold water. Can't comment as well we were there the weather was cool, cloudy, and windy, so I had no interest in going in the water anyways. Lots of chairs, and places to be outside in the sun though.

Only comment I can make to the negative perhaps as there was not an lot of entertainment at the Omni. A couple of nighttime shows, but nothing to really make you want to go out and watch or participate. If you are looking for nightlife, this would not be the place for you to go. Also, the rooms were not totally soundproof, but they weren't really bad either. You could hear chairs dragging and such from the other rooms.

I would highly recommend this resort based on the cleanliness, the wonderful staff, and the size and lovliness of the room. (Having a bath in a Mexican room is so nice, and I enjoyed the use of it daily.) You won't go wrong booking a stay here. Also, make sure you sign up for the Omni membership before you go. The free coffee and water to the room each morning was so nice, and the free internet was much better than paying $15.00 a day!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple