“Loved the Omni -- would return in a minute!”

Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Ranked #37 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Columbia, MD
“Loved the Omni -- would return in a minute!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just came back from the Omni after a week stay (too short!) and had the most amazing time! We traveled with friend and family (adults and 2 teens.) Every one of us enjoyed this place!

Rooms: We were able to stay on the 18th floor which provided gorgeous views on the ocean side and the lagoon side. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with either one. The ocean is always amazing to look at, and the marina on the lagoon side provides some beautiful sites along with a wonderful sunset.

Food: We did the all-inclusive and enjoyed every minute of it! The buffet is good – not so much that you are overwhelmed by choices like at some resorts. The breakfast (omelets!) are wonderful – thanks Luis for making my breakfast almost every day – yummy! We had dinner at the buffet twice and both times were very good – along with the service from Antonio – he is the best, for sure!

DaVinci – we ate there two nights because it was SO good! And the service was outstanding. Juan Carlos, Eduardo and all the staff there made us feel like we were the only guests in the restaurant both times. Never a minute went by that we didn’t have exactly what we needed.

Pina Colada – great for lunch! Burgers, chips/pico and guac and Quesadellias……so good for a quick bite and their staff couldn’t have been better.

Deva – This is the Pina Colada at night. We had two amazing dinners there also. Service – A+. Try the salmon with black bean sauce – so delicious!

Sushi – yes, this is some of the best sushi I’ve had. So nice to have this option there and it’s made as you order – I couldn’t get enough of it!

Swim up bar and Kuku’s bar – great service and fun bartenders. They are not skimpy on the alcohol either!

Special thanks to the Concierge group there – it doesn’t matter what you want/need/think about – David and Jesus and the rest of the group are more than happy to help (even when you leave a bag on a bus…….even though they couldn’t locate it – they had tried for us while we were enjoying our day in Cozumel.)

Cleanliness – the staff cannot clean enough! The grounds are groomed and spotless and they are constantly cleaning windows, elevators, luggage carts, etc. Even the outside (pool) bathrooms had a clean fresh scent all day.

Big THANKS to our beach service waitresses and the poolside wait staff. It’s amazing how quickly you get used to being waited on – makes for an extra special vacation! Even the wait staff at the poolside restaurants – if someone in your group wanted something from a different location – they would go get it!

We all know that a tip can go a long way – and it’s even better with this Omni staff. They truly go above and beyond to make your vacation special. I’m not sure about the bad reviews listed here – I felt like we weren’t in the same place. Vacation Club – never bothered us once!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PB6751

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was just Cancun location July 21-30 2013. The hotel was good. Room were well maintained. The food was okay. I have had better food in other all-inclusive but it was not bad either. The mini places to eat were life savers. The beach was ideal and always had lots of open places to find some shade and view of the beautiful water. The sea turtles were in their laying period so that was fun to see. Hands down the biggest plus to this place was the staff. From the room maids to the waiters in the place to eat, they were all great. We had a group of 18 adults and they did everything they could to make us happy. I would go there jus t because of the staff. They made this trip so great.

Room Tip: Choose room numbers that are higher than XX30. Those are the rooms facing the ocean and great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Concord, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 7 nights in one of the villas which accommodates up to 6. Myself & wife, 3 kids 23, 21, 16 and my mother 86. It was not the largest of the villas, the furniture was a bit out dated but the beds were comfortable. The reason I rated 3 vs 4 was that I needed a roll away bed and they charged $35 per night for it. I was disappointed with that charge, but it was the most comfortable roll away I have every seen, so it was $245 well spent. The food was average and to be expected at an all inclusive, there was plenty to eat, but mostly buffet style, the kids thought it was the best set up ever invented, they ate 6 meals a day! The pools were nice but they need more shade, the ocean was amazing but again more shaded areas would be nice. The local bus it the best way to get around, the older boys went to clubs at night and had a blast and we all took the bus to market 28 and walmart for some supplies one day. It is about a dollar to ride one way as long as you like, and a dollar to get back. The staff was great, and the entire family had a blast!

Room Tip: The villas are a great way to stay with your family while at the resort. The have 3 bedrooms and 3-1...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

They hire great people a create great experiences for their customers. From the fabulous Concierge, Jesus to the wonderful pool servers; Oscar, Yesenia, Migual...everything was great! No complaints! Our 6th visit to Cancun and our 2nd visit to the Omni. Great place for romance, family and friends!

• Stayed July 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checking into the resort was quite stressful. The front desk staff was not friendly or helpful at all. We paid for a beach front room, and were initially given a double room with a lagoon view. After returning to the front desk, I was told there were no other rooms available despite not getting what was already paid. After speaking to 2 supervisors, I asked for higher management to help find a resolution to the problem. Thankfully, Sol, Hospitality Manager, came thru and not only found a room, upgraded us for the entire stay. After the initial bump in the road, vacation was smooth sailing for the rest of the week. For the most part, the food was good. The shows were well planned and entertaining. Every night we looked forward to dinner because of our fabulous waiter, Luis. The abundance of bars and wait staff at the pools and the beach made vacation relaxing and enjoyable. I do recommend this resort, but would prefer a more accommodating front desk staff to ensure that vacation gets off to a stress-free start.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank klcarr99
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Omni Hotel is amazing! We travelled as a group of 4 (2 couples all aged between 21-23) in June 2013 and had a fantastic time. The hotel grounds are beautiful with fantastic pools! The beach bar is a great place to hang out during the day. Tipping the waitors (not much maybe a couple of dollars) goes a long way as they will make sure your glass is never empty! I actually cannot fault the staff who go out of the way to please you, and are always so happy to do so, they work very hard!

We had a slight mix up with our rooms at the start of the holiday however this was sorted for us and the reception staff could not be more apologetic.

We only visited the buffet restraunt during our stay but the food was fantastic. I am an extreamly fussy eater so if there was not something at the buffet i liked i simply asked our waitor if i could have something else instead and they made if for me no problems! The theme for the buffet restraunt changes every day and the rest of my party always found something to their taste and couldnt compliment the food enough.

The beach is one of the best things for me about travelling to Cancun, it is literally paradise! The second thing is the nightlife! You HAVE to visit the clubs and cannot miss Coco Bongos it is out of this world! Every night at half 10 the hotel staff arrange for transportation for a different club for a very good price! $50 with ALL drinks included!

A huge shout out to the entertainment staff they do an incredible job and really seem to enjoy what they do!

Overall i cannot praise this hotel enough, please dont let review below put you off as i dont understand how anyone can write a review after one day of being in the hotel! :)

Room Tip: DO NOT miss going to Coco Bongos, fantastic experience
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chelsea P
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and two kids 18 and 14 stayed at the Omni from June 23 to June 30. It was our first time doing all-inclusive and we really didn't know what to expect. We had a great time.

Pools:
Something for everyone... My son liked the water volleyball and basketball so he spent most of the time in that pool. My daughter prefers peace and quiet and shade so she hung out at the other pool near the sushi bar. If you have small children they've got a kiddy pool for you too. I love the sun but my husband would have liked some more shade for the lounge chairs by the pool with the entertainment.

Entertainment:
Loved Marco, Alejandra, Antonio and Elliott. Let's start with Alejandra. I did Zumba with her one day and water aerobics another, the girl was awesome. My daughter(V) and I played trivia games and bingo in the pool and she made it so entertaining(made us do silly things like take shots when we guessed wrong or do a belly flop). I'm a really shy person and she got me to get up on a platform and dance to get a t-shirt that I won. At night, she and the guys kept the crowd involved and always laughing. Marco was also really really great pool side and evenings with the entertainment. They seem to really enjoy what they do and looked like they were genuinely having a good time too. I did wonder if they ever have day off though;they were always there for the 7 days we stayed. The shows at night were always very nice. We really enjoyed the Mexican dancers, the Arabian nights and the Circus show. After the shows the entertainment staff (Marco, Alejandra, Antonio and Elliott) would do contests with people from the audience and they would always have us cracking up. They were always really great about never forgetting to say things in both Spanish and English. I felt like I was starting to learn Spanish just by listening to them all week.

Food/drinks:
We made reservations for 2 evenings at DeVinci and it was amazing. We loved the staff, the food, the dessert, the ambiance and the entertainment. The waiter were extraordinary. They made suggestions/recommendations. We don't often go out to fancy restaurants but we never felt uncomfortable or awkward. They really made us feel welcome there. We also dined by reservation at Devo one night. The waiters were very nice and the food was good. The Piña Colada was also a favorite of ours for lunch because they offered something for all of us. Breakfast time was always spent at La Paloma because they had a lot of what my son likes for breakfast and plenty of options for us too. I didn't care too much for the sushi but I only had it once while there and it was at the end of the day before closing. The pool side dining for me was just okay. We ordered room service one night and the food was really good and the service was very fast. We drank constantly and they had a great variety of mixed drinks which I personally prefer.

Beach:
It was beautiful with plenty of sun and shade depending on what you're looking for. The beach was very clean and the water a gorgeous aqua blue. The waitresses on the beach were very friendly and attentive.

Rooms-hotel:
The rooms were clean and well kept. The hotel as a whole was well kept. The elevators and really fast. The gym was a reasonable size and the equipment looked new and was in working order. I would have liked a small laundry room where I could do my own laundry. Call me cheap but it cost $10 a pound for laundry service. Personally I felt that was just too expensive.

Timeshare:
This is why I had to give the hotel a 4 for my overall rating. Listen to me carefully. After we checked in they directed us to a guy that sat us down in the lobby, offered us drinks and then started to tell us where we can find everything in the hotel. He then told us about the different attractions and how we can get to them; what buses go where, etc. Sounds good so far; right?
Next thing we know he's tells us what the prices are for the attractions and what we can do to save on the cost. The way they go about it is so disgustingly underhanded to me. He tells us that all we have to do is listen to them for about a hour and a half and have a "VIP" breakfast with them(which I realized later is basically an extremely uncomfortable one on one breakfast with them badgering you with personal questions at La Paloma, which is where we had breakfast every day). We only agreed because we figured it was a seminar. The guy also told us that they just need to see that we have a credit card but we won't be asked to show anything else or take it out of our wallet. We agreed to go the next morning but I made it very clear to him that we're not interested in any timeshare offer. At 8am, the next morning they had told us we'd have a "vip" breakfast first but when we got downstairs they escorted us to their office where they want to start filling out some paperwork about us. The first thing they're looking for is the expiration date of our card. I told the lady that I'm not comfortable with any of this and we walked out. I felt an incredible weight lift off my shoulders and happily spent whatever we needed to for my attractions. We were actually able to haggle with the travel agent to save. DON'T LET THEM GET YOU! Your vacation is too valuable to let them waste even on hour listening to them. Also, a couple we met there that did go through the entire thing almost did not get their coupon because "they didn't listen with an open mind." They did tell me they were apologized to a given the coupon the next day but REALLY. No one bothered us again about it and we really did live it there other than this.

• Stayed June 2013