“The Best Honeymoon !!!”

Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I got married in September of 2012 and was looking for a Great place to honeymoon! I came across the Omni and it was in our budget and it looked like an awesome place to be. We got there and we were just in Aaww! and all the people/workers were just Wonderful. They took such good care of the Hotel and made sure that everything was to our liking. The pools, canapybeds on the beach, the beaches,etc were just Beautiful and soo clean. You always saw some one cleaning, talking to people, greeting, asking if you needed anything. The rooms were just like there photoes and more. The room was always cleaned and frig was filled. We had a Fantasic, Awesome time!! We are looking forward to going there for our 2nd Anniversary!!! : )

Room Tip: Pick the Ocean View Room!! Its exactly what it says, oh ya...with a balconey!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,204)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First I'd like to say our age I am 22 and my boyfriend is 26 we ended up staying at the omni because the original hotel we booked a month and a half in advance (gran caribe real resort and spa) told me five days before my trip there was nothing under my name. So the omni was the only hotel expedia could book us. But I must say I was very happy to how we were greeted they didn't pressure us into any tours, the rooms were amazing always clean at one point we got to know the maid an she folded our clothes!!! Viva la Mexico had the best food, along with the sushi was very good. For breakfast my favorite was piña colada. The service was very good and the staff was amazing. The beach was very clean and not as rough as some beaches we found when we walked along the beach. Overall I'd come back here, it's not a big party place but you can still have a very great time!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lisadw3
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms and balconies are very nice and there are several pools and a beautiful beach to choose from. The buffet had a huge selection of foods - and the Italian restaurant was truly a 5 Star experience. And there was a sushi bar near one of the pools where you could watch the very fresh sushi being made. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants the ease of an all-inclusive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel a lot. Relaxing, quiet and, top it off, a great beach. We stayed at a garden and pool view room on the ground floor which, to our surprise, was quiet and very clean. We toured the facilities with a guide who was trying to sell us a vacation club membership. We enjoyed the tour though we had expressed, right from the start, our lack of interest in joining the club. The tour guide was polite and low key and gave us the tour anyway. The Restaurant had different food themes that had a lot to offer. The Beach Restaurant was fine as well though you need to go a little off peak hours to get the best service. The evening entertainment was energetic and done with a smile.

Room Tip: Sea view or pool view, you will love your room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TarekGad
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I traveled to OMNI Cancun Feb 2-8, 2013. From the first moment I walked in the doors to the second that I left the hotel staff went above and beyond for me. The amenities at this hotel are all 5star. I travel a lot and have never come across a hotel that hit a 5star on every level for me. The rooms were amazing and had everything you would need. I enjoyed the room service and the morning beverage service which delivered my morning coffee every day. My favourite restaurant on site was Deva and the manager along with his staff remembered me and my allergies. Aladadro is the restaurant manager and runs an excellent restaurant with great food. All restaurants and buffets were good but deva was the best. I could go on forever about this hotel but I grantee you will NOT find a better place in Cancun. Trust me, I Tavel to Cancun a lot and OMNI will have every amenity your looking for. There are positives and negatives to every hotel however, OMNI is the first hotel to only have NO negatives. Hints: become an OMNI select guest, read your welcome package and only make phone calls using a phone card purchased in Mexico. Enjoy our stay, I sure did.

Room Tip: All rooms are great however lagoon view is quieter than the pool/ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelBud24
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed here two times while in Cancun. Once during spring break and the last time in Nov 2012. The hotel is 30minutes from downtown Cancun but easily reached by bus. The beach in front of it is nice. The rooms are ok while the buffett was commendable. I was on an all inclusive package both times. I particularly liked the hot tub pool on the beach with it great bar and staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Penangtravelbug
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am writing this review because like many of you reading this I went off by all the 5 star reviews. There was a review on here stating they were with a business conference recemtly but that it didn't cause any disruption which is TRUE for them it was not true for regular guests staying there. The beach was blocked off by their dinner party one night and then the next day part of the kid pool, hot tub and another pool were closed for a whole day, which is totally unacceptable to people paying money to stay there. The people on the conference won their trips and didn't pay a dime and there were 400 of them and its spring break mind you. I just think it is wrong for a hotel to do that and tell your guests they dont have aceess to use something you pay for.

The service was okay (and yes we did tip all of them). The food was average and only one bar stayed open until 1:00 which was in the hotel lobby and pretty relaxed. The rooms were disaapointing and very small and the maid service was horrible one day they didn't clean our room until 6:00 pm...also we could hear people and noises you probably don't want to hear through the walls...Overall it was an okay trip but I just wanted people that go on here and book know its definitely not a 5 star but more around 3 star..Omni definitely needs to update some things!

• Stayed: March 2013