We stayed at the Omni Cancun during the first week of February. We found it to be a beautiful hotel. It is clean and well-maintained inside and out. The pool and beach area is expansive and gorgeous. The staff were very friendly, courteous, and eager to please. The rooms are equipped with a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes and flatware. We opted out of the all-inclusive meal plan ($95.00 per person per day) and instead bought a few groceries at the convenience store across the street for times when we didn't want to eat out. We did buy some meals and drinks at the hotel, which you can do by pre-paying at the "coupon" desk. The food was pretty good, but it does help to have an adventurous palate and be willing to think out of the box.
Here are a couple things that prevent me from giving it 5 stars:
1. A room with an ocean view, or at least a balcony. We had a room with a "lagoon view" which was still not bad, but it would have been nice to at least have my morning coffee out on a
balcony. We asked for an ocean view room; they said they'd see what they could do but then assigned a lagoon view with no explanation.
2. The beds were not that comfortable, they only supplied one pillow that was too flat for my liking and the sheets were rather stiff and starchy.
3. Be wary of offers for "free breakfast", "welcome party" and the like. It is probably a disguise for a sales presentation for pitching their "Vacation Club". It wasn't overwhelming, but can be an annoyance.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Omni Resort and Villas is located on the beautiful and highly coveted white sandy beaches of Cancun's exceedingly popular hotel zone. The hotel provides panoramic vistas of both the rolling waves of the turquoise Caribbean Sea and the tranquil waters of the Nichupte Lagoon. The All Inclusive OMNI Cancun Resort & Villas offers a variety of restaurant and bars, from an Steak House "La Vista", Mediterranean Cuisine at "Da Vinci", Sushi Bar and Viva Mex for the best Mexican antojitos. All day Buffet style at La Paloma and 24 hrs Room Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Cancun Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Cancun Hotel And Villas
- Omni Cancun Hotel Villas
- Omni Hotel Cancun