We went here for our honeymoon and it was absolutely stunning and a wonderful experience. We would go back anytime.
We loved the hotel, the staff, the service, and the facilities. The multiple pools (four!) were wonderful and the ocean access was great.
The all-inclusive nature made it easy to not worry about money and the food was really quite good. The booze was also pretty good - especially for being included - and you could get solid brands by request and at no additional cost. The service and servers were incredible and attentive.
We were on a fixed budget and there were no hidden costs - a real bargain, considering how much food and booze we ate and drank everyday. We got our trip on Jetsetter for $215 per night, and I'm sure that we would have incurred that in the retail cost of food and drink every single day.
This is not a "party hotel" but there are people having a good time, and this is exactly what we wanted.
We recommend it wholeheartedly and hope to go back.
With all that being said, here's some things that I wish we knew and may be of use to future travelers:
1. Currency - we weren't sure what the currency situation would be and it turns out that you can use US dollars everywhere. We never needed Mexican Pesos. It's helpful to bring a lot of singles and fives for tips - there's lots of occasion to tip and it's very hard to get change for USD. And you should tip for the service at the Omni.
2. Airport Transportation - The email address for the shuttle on Jetsetter's website didn't work. That didn't matter, though, there are lots of shuttle operations in the airport. We didn't make advance arrangements and took a shared shuttle from the hotel to the Omni and it included a private van back to the airport for about $45 USD.
3. Everyone in Cancun is trying to sell you something - we got the shuttle price mentioned above because the shuttle operator bumped us over to someone selling "membership" packages to a resort (read: timeshare). This was ok, but be prepared to say "no" a lot. It was clearly a coordinated effort between the shuttle operator and the timeshare salesman.
4. Everyone in Cancun is trying to sell you something - The guy at the airport mentioned above got us to go to the sales presentation at the other resort. It took us about 3 hours of saying "no" but we walked away from it with discounted airport transportation, free spa services, and then two tour packages - we did Chichén Itzá and the Jungle Tour. Total we figure that we got services valued at about $600, which was awesome. What was not so awesome was the hard sell and, oh my god, it was the hardest sell of my entire life. Not for the faint of heart or easily susceptible. In the end, it was worth our time commitment to us to get the tour packages for free.
5. All prices are negotiable - especially with independent vendors. When buying souvenirs, no price is fixed. We found that everyone wants you to buy something and everyone will make a deal. My wife was offered a ring for $200 and by the time that she was done, the vendor came down to $50. And this was a typical experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Omni Resort and Villas is located on the beautiful and highly coveted white sandy beaches of Cancun's exceedingly popular hotel zone. The hotel provides panoramic vistas of both the rolling waves of the turquoise Caribbean Sea and the tranquil waters of the Nichupte Lagoon. The All Inclusive OMNI Cancun Resort & Villas offers a variety of restaurant and bars, from an Steak House "La Vista", Mediterranean Cuisine at "Da Vinci", Sushi Bar and Viva Mex for the best Mexican antojitos. All day Buffet style at La Paloma and 24 hrs Room Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Omni Cancun Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Cancun Hotel And Villas
- Omni Cancun Hotel Villas
- Omni Hotel Cancun