“Cancun 2014”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #68 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Krystal Cancun had a great location. It was in walking distance to clubs and shopping. The club check in was great and did not take long. Rooms were very nice and had a great view. Entertainment staff (especially Joy) was great and my group really appreciated their help with getting into some great clubs. The food at the resort buffet and Italian restaurant was not impressive. My group thought the beach food service and room service was better. The pool was great and the beach chairs were fantastic. In the end, we had a great time at this resort.

Room Tip: The club rooms were great with great amenties. Try not to get the first or second floor for a better...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Gracias for sharing your own experience in the hotel.

I am glad to see you've received good services in Krystal Cancun

Feel free to contact me for any assistance.

There are newer reviews for Krystal Cancun

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We truly enjoyed our vacatation from beginning to end. From the room to the food and with the entertainment. There was something for everyone.

The food was excellent in their 3 Restaurants, but the best was "Aquamarina" and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would definately reccommend this resort.

Don't get upset with negative reviews this is truly a lovely resort, nothing is perfect (unless you really want to pay the big $$$$).

WE CANNOT WAIT TO COME BACK!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pilar O
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Even though lowcostholidays really disappointed me, the hotel is very nice and the staff very helpful.
Location is very good if you like to go out for dinner or simply for a walk. it's a bit noisy as it is too close to the clubs but not to the point you can't sleep.
Make sure you confirm your reservation with the hotel or it can happen the same as happened to me, you get there and your reservation was cancelled.
I was put in a standard room for the first night and I booked the romantic.
Then I paid half board which doesn't even exist. everything was sorted on Monday (I arrived on Saturday) but nothing was clear so I kept charging the room as I didn't have the correct bracelet and when presented with a bill you "have to" leave a tip. In a way I also have those tips to add to my "lost night" expenses.
It was quite stressful, all this misunderstandings and I don't think it's fair for me to pay a premium room for the first night, the same for the half board which I didn't use until Monday because it wasn't clear what was going to happen.
In a sum, I just didn't complain with lowcostholidays because the only way to do it is to send a letter to Spain. I guess they're already expecting for people not to get bothered and that's why you don't have an e-mail to complain.
Anyway, the place is very nice but book directly with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Celso A
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just got back from Cancun. The Krystal is an aging hotel/resort that is still evolving. They have just purchased the hotel next to them, and have a lot of new things planned for this prized property location. First, the view of the beach area is certainly worth the trip! The beach has soft sand. The pools and patio areas are very well maintained. We loved the beach bars and complementary snack and drinks. Try the fish tacos~ great!
We too were lured to an inexpensive vacation, if we could endure the 90 minutes timeshare pitch. No problem.
After a nice breakfast in Aquamarina restaurant (with our first presenter eating with us!) and 4 different presenters, the three hours seem to fly by. After that, we had a great relaxing time.
The Hacienda el Mortero restaurant was really good with excellent service. We really enjoyed the day trip we scheduled at the hotel to Chichen Itza. For $69.00, it was a great value.
Our room was really beautiful and the maid service was excellent. All in all, it was a good experience. We would certainly visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view~you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Durangohex
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

thank you so much for this review.

We proud to see you liked the hotel and the services we provide.

Hopefully you can come back very soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just got back from this resort. The all inclusive is not really all inclusive. Not all items in the rooms are free like every other resort in Mexico. You only get 2 beers, soda and 2 waters for free daily in the room. Only certain beer is included at the bar as well as "house" liquors. Drinks are weak no liquor. Probably drank about 10 in 2 hours and not even a buzz.( and I usually don't drink!) Location was perfect. Beach was amazing. Water was warm sand was soft! There is a beach club next door which we went to that was a lot of fun. Music, pool, food and drinks its MB beach club I suggest you visit that. The pools here were filled with a lot of kids including the "hot tub". It was like a kiddy pool. In the span of 4 days we had 4 rooms... The staff was accommodating to our needs. Our first room smelled so bad of varnish from redoing cabinets we couldn't breathe. The second room we had was not ocean view so they moved us the following day to the "new tower". Room appeared ok at first. Our shower drain however must have been clogged and filled with water and went everywhere including into the hallway. The room A/C was not really seeming to work. We moved again rooms and the new room was the same as this room but at least the shower worked. Cosmetically the new tower is better but the A/C worked better in our non ocean view room in the older tower. We went out to eat each night because the food was not that great. Wasn't really a big deal because we met some friends that joined us. Not a bad place for the money, just not for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank fabash826

Hola

We have a very big vairety of drinks and food in he hotel.

And guests can Taylor made their own drinks and minibars can be stocked just as the guest want it.

Please contact me so i can follow up un into the a/c problems.

Gracias.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Setting beautiful , excellent spot , beautiful beach , beautiful pool area , close to night activity
Rooms : airconditioning not effective at all , it is noisy
We were suppose to have an all inclusive package , that includes soft drinks in room , I did mention it to reception we did not have a typical bar fridge and without any soft drinks , we stayed for a week and nothing happened . The toilet was not flushing and I again told the reception about it . It was fixed quit quickly to be blocked 2 days later . Every alternative day for a week the toilet did not flush and we had to report it to reception to be fixed . This was a terrible unhygienic and not pleasant at all .
Safe was not working , reported and they did fix it later

Food : good , unfortunate no wine selection

Waiters from meal to meal , from great to not the most helpful

I think this is an excellent 3 star setting but suppose to be a 4 star , needs a little bit of attention to get there !!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Docgerhard

Please allow me to assist you in this case... I found different issues that i want to correct them,

Thank you.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were lured into an inexpensive 5 day vacation at the Krystal Resort if we would endure a 90 minute presentation of their time share opportunity. 90 minutes turned into almost 4 hours. We were handed off to 4 different sales people each with more attractive programs. The presentation was very high pressure to the point where the sales people were insulting and rude.

Once we got thru the presentation things were not so bad. We had a nice room. All the food and drinks were included. The staff were very nice and helpful especially the waiters. The beach and pools were nice.transportation to the hotel was included but transportation to the airport was not. We just found that out. Be careful what people tell you. Several times we were told something that was different than what was written in our contract.

I would recommend one trip which we booked at the hotel- Chichenitza. This was an all day trip on a nice air conditioned bus with a great guide. Trip costs were $59 each plus numerous tips, lunch included. It was a very interesting trip.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bill J
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

thank you for your preference.

It's good to see you liked the hotel and the services we provided.

By the other hand please let me know if you were not advice prior your trip in assisting into a time share presentation. I checked your reservation and it was a time share promo.