“Not impressed!”

Ranked #69 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Budapest, Hungary
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Awful rooms (switched to another room) , flooded bathroom (I slipped on the floor at 1am) noisy air conditioner, dirty(had to wash the floor myself) lack of towels, beach chairs, Bali beds, stinky lobby bathrooms, pool closes at 7pm, website misrepresents their amenities etc. I could not leave sliding glass door open at night because it opened onto a lawn.
Plus side? Staff, food and a nice beach. I was there for a conference, all inclusive wanted to just relax during our free time and not chase down items that should have been in place to begin with. I would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I am really sorry to hear this.

I spoke with yopu in the morning on my desk. And i told you a front desk agent made a mistake to assing you a room that was not ready yet.

Some of the points you mentioned are not accurate we close the pool at 10pm. And i do not know if you check the information in our oficial website.

Please feel free to contact me:

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I had never write a review about the hotel I had stayed in past but this time I m writing it because of its soo awesome hotel! Service is excellent and very friendly staff. Paris manager is the best !!!!!For room recommendation book krystal club. It's worth it! I believe they are located in tower B with agreat ocean view! For the price you paying it's totally worth it! I feel like it's a 5 stars hotel. I would definitely coming back to the hotel in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steven K
Hola!!! Gracias.

i kindly appreciate this review. I remember your stay. Did you like the hotel Hyatt too? (next door)

We ar eoperating that hotel as well. thank you for visiting Mexico.

Feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Spencer, Iowa
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were given the time share presentation. They told us it would be 90 minutes and it turned into 5 hours. They gave us strong mixed drinks even though we asked for nonalcoholic drinks. Time share staff were rude and when we refused to buy they were insulting us. Never again would I consider the presentation or for that manner even staying there.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank John S
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to this resort last year (2013) and had a really good experience so decided to book the Krystal for this spring break again. Once again i can say that they did not disappoint. the staffs are always in a good mood, trying to give the best service you can ever receive. Shutout to Alfredo the kitchen manager, to Oscar the best animator ever always trying to make you have a good time.Edgar, Cecilia, Aldo, Jose, Anguisto, Caxlito, Isles and more are always so catering and helpful. Thank you to the Krystal for the best trip of my life!

Room Tip: deluxe ocean view rooms are better tip well and you get a good service
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patos31
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Gracias for your loyalty... Really.

I will read this review to the staff you mentioned.

We are always very pleased to give an excellent servce to our guests.

Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have stayed at the Krystal many, many times in the past 20 years of going to Cancun. We love it because of its location which we feel is the best in Cancun and because of the wonderful, wonderful staff - Carlos, Arturo, Guadalupe & Edgar at the front desk - Balam, Venus and Maria in the restaurant - Norma and Linda at the pool/beach - Marina in reservations - Cynthia & Alex in timeshare - Raphael & Julio - each one of them goes out of their way to make you feel welcome, attend to your needs etc. I cannot imagine another hotel having such a great staff. However, the hotel itself needs attention. The beach chairs are awful and need to be replaced (I think they are the same ones from when we started staying there in 1995) and the gym is a disgrace. The new manager at the pool changed happy hour from 12-1 to 11-12 - who wants happy hour before lunchtime???? Krystal is like a 2d home to us, we love going back each year but I hope that they will work on upgrading the facilities before even diehards like us decide to go elsewhere for better accommodations

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Gracias señor for this great review.

I will see this point of the happy hour right now with the F&B manager i will change it back.
Yes a lot of the people form the staff has been working for a long time in here.

Thank you for your preference and loyalty. We are very proud!

Feel free to contact me for anything you may need.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel was VERY average. It's not a roach motel by any means, but it's certainly not 5-star. The BEST part of this hotel (and I'm pretty sure almost anyone would agree), is the beautiful beach behind it. The pool area is also quite nice. If you get up early, you can get a chair at either, but you'd better be down there by 7:30/8 am. Luckily, I'm an early riser.
What frustrated me BEYOND BELIEF was the inability to get bottled water easily. One would think that when you pay for an all inclusive, it covers booze, food, AND water. They DO leave 3 bottles of water in your room each day (1 large, 2 small), but that's it. The rest of the time, you must go downstairs to the bars and get your own. FINE, not the end of the world. But....try getting a bottle of water between the hours of 11 pm and 11 am when the bars are closed. It's no easy feat. One morning, I went down around 10:30 am to get some bottles of water from the bar, and the bartender was setting up, so I asked him for a bottle (they were right behind him). He told me no, because the bar wasn't open yet. He sent me to try one of the other bars. Same story. The wild goose chase --considering I just wanted water-- really irritated me. That's just a basic accommodation. This happened 2 mornings in a row. The first morning, the man at the front desk replied by saying, "Yeah, I know. This is a problem here," and didn't do anything about it. Finally, the second morning, I refused to take that for an answer, and it took a manager walking me to the bar to get a bottle of water. We saw examples of this type of poor service all week, and it really annoyed us. The worst part was....the front desk was almost always totally unhelpful in rectifying the situation. Depends on who you got.
The last 2 days, we actually got some decent service from pool servers like Chelly (that was her nickname. I think her name was actually Xelley). But, do expect to throw tips out there FIRST, before you get served. They say tips are included in all inclusive, but they most certainly are not. I'm more than happy to tip good service, but the fact that I needed to wave dollar bills in the air to get someone to look at me first was just plain pathetic.
In general, I was very underwhelmed by the hotel staff. I found them very unhelpful and/or I felt like they were trying to take advantage of us. One staff member charged us the $85 we owed for something, and when I paid with a $100 bill, he didn't give me change! I pointed this out to him, and he was like, "Oh....Ok. No tip?" I would have given the tip anyway, but the fact that he took it upon himself to take a tip was sneaky.
If service is important to you, find another hotel. If you are simply looking for a beautiful, clean beach, this is a nice place to go.
A couple other things worth mentioning....we stayed on the south end of the resort. We heard BLASTING music till 4 am every. single. night. coming from the main strip.
Also, some friends we met told us their ceiling collapsed at 6 am from leaking water one morning. Our room was fine, though.
In spite of the crummy service, we had a nice trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlin D
Paris A, Gerente at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments.

It is very confusing this review. Regarding the many options for free and more for all inlcusive guests to find wáter in the room or at any bar or with any waiter.

If you can please give me more information o the dates you travel so i can follow up into this will be great...

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Is a big, comfortable hotel with great location - on the beach, close to main clubs, bus stop and boat station to Isla Mujeres. We had a club room with sea view. Room was big, clean and well-equipped. Staff on reception, in the restaurant, on parking was friendly, helpful and effective. Speacial thanks to Laura, concierge in Krystal Club - answered all our questions, helped in everything, great knowledge of english.
About minuses (how without):
1) there is some "fight for resources" - absolutely not enough of sunbeds, so at 7 people already put towels on them to take place; should be more food during Happy Hour in Krystal Club (well, of course, is just a snack, and of course there are people who doesn't understand it and takes the entire plate with snacks for their family, but for this reason coming 10 minutes after opening finishes with a kind of disappointment, cause by this time sometimes there is no food at all);
2)when the hotel organizes weddings, dances and loud music continue until 2-3 in the night, so is only possible to sleep with ear-plugs and with closed balcony. Yes, is a wedding, but some guests have jet-lag, some are with kids and some just want to sleep. Could be nice to reduce this dance-time a bit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family