“Great location”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #68 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great location: close to de nigt area, but in a quite point. Some intalations are not in the better conditions, but nothing so serious. Internet in the rooms is unstable. Staff is friendly, specially Adrian and Vitor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Gracias for sharinf this feedback in tripadvisor.

We are aware there are always things to do in the hotel. Let me assure we work everyday too much in order to fulfill our guests requests.

See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Krystal Cancun

Reviewed December 23, 2013

we purchased our membership at Krystal in 1994, and get to go there every 1-2 years. We LOVE the water and the beach, probably the best we have ever been to, including Hawaii. Many of the staff have been there longer than we have and it feels like going home. We have watched both the beach and the hotel evolve over the years. It looks the best it ever had but you have got to change the ugly "European furniture", we want MEXICO flowers, wicker etc. The pool area is sleek, modern, and clean. WE spent most of our days on the beach and in the water. We still enjoy going out to the multitude of local restaurants, shopping and tours, WE got home 2 days ago and are already planning our return next year. Not only did we have a spectacular view from our room on the 6th floor of tower one, but we could see the OSPREY nest on the Texmex tower from our bedroom.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new balconies have been long awaited and I was up and watching the sunrise over the water from it. Even with its faults we have traveled there with family, friends, staff, and given our week as xmas presents when we knew we would not be able to use our week. We upgraded 2 years ago, so we no longer get hassled with the time share promotions. We love KRYSTAL and am so glad that our investment had gone to improving the hotel. I still hate the furniture in the rooms, but I love Krystal!

Room Tip: FACING THE WATER EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE All the rooms in the new tower face the water and hav...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great location, view and food. Our stay would have been paradise if not for the annoying fact that every one at the hotel or even outside including at the airport the minute we came off the plane is trying to sell us time share. The people at the spa, the transportation company, the bell boy.. Every one is trying to get you to buy time share or some type of club membership which just makes you feel so uncomfortable.

Our room was very nice, ocean view definitely worth the upgrade. Balconies a little drafty and noisy. Wifi so so. But over all great.

If not for the fact that we couldn't relax being chased by every one trying to meet their sales target.. This would have been a great vacation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean view. Don't be fooled by sales people and waste your vacation time on useless...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Gracias for this feedback.

Please allow me to assist you directly. The bell boys and the Spa don't sell time shares.

We have a vacation club in the hotel and the only people selling are the concierge. If you say no it is NO. And they now it.

Right in the airport are several time share agents for all the hotels in Cancun.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Not my first time to Cancun but my first time at the Krystal. Stayed for a week in early December. I had a room in the older building - rooms there could use updating for sure but my complaints end there! Had a lovely ocean view and really enjoyed the property - from its central location near the nightlife, to the excellent beach area and spacious hotel grounds. What really made the trip for me though, were the hotel staff! To acknowledge my favorites: Christian, the outside bartender, was always smiling and such a pleasure to be around. Adrian was awesome! He and Oscar were always conjuring up some kind of fun day and night and making me smile! Great guys. Check-in was smooth, front desk/concierge was helpful, all-inclusive plan was worth it. Everybody was just so nice. Oh, only other suggestion is better air conditioning in the lobby bar area, which I know is difficult with opening doors etc but it would really make things much better! Thanks for a great vacation Krystal, I will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TaraLCA
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Wow!!

Amazing review.. At the end the best of any hotel is the staff and knowing that our guests have excellents stays,

This is a proof of our Customer Service.

Thank you for recommending us i will let all the staff know about your review.

See you son!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with another couple back in May. I am SUPER late writing this review but I made notes while staying there. I rely heavily on Trip Advisor when making hotel choices so even though it's late..I still felt it would be worth it if it could help someone. We usually stay at Palace resorts(Le blanc and Sun Palace) but came across this ridiculously good deal online that only required us to go to a presentation. Now keep in mind we were well aware of what this presentation meant before booking, but for the price I really couldn't say no since it was basically almost free!

The rooms were decent with mediocre beds..but honestly after a full day of sun and drinking we didn't mind the beds at all lol. We had an ocean view room and the the view was AMAZING. The AC did not work in our first room but they promptly fixed the situation and moved us a couple of rooms down and it was nice and cold there (keep in mind it was full blown summer). Some reviews complain about noise but in the side of the hotel we stayed at we didn't have a noise issue, so I am not sure where it is supposed to be noisy..if anywhere.

Location is fantastic! It is next to all the big night clubs...a mall..a flea market...good restaurants...bus stop. When we stay at the Palace resorts we always have to pay for cabs to get to these places so that was a bonus. The beach is the prettiest beach in cancun! I think the beach alone is worth staying here....the sand was so soft and there are hardly any waves so you can really walk out and see some pretty fish.

Food is a killer deal with the all inclusive plan as it includes almost everything. The breakfast buffet was so good..it was probably my favorite part of the day and I'm not even a huge breakfast person. They had a lot of actual mexican food (unlike a lot of other resorts belive it or not) and they had a great smoothie bar which even served up healthy green smoothies. Was the food 5 star quality..no, but I was impressed by their diverse selection and appreciated that they had actual mexican food! When I went there was a restaurant next door that was included. I can't remember the name of it but all I can say is that it is the best mexican food I have ever had....I am not exaggerating. I am not sure if this restaurant is still part of their all inclusive plan but just in case it isn't I won't brag on it any longer :)

Lastly I will touch on the presentation. I was dreading this day as I had heard horror stories about this. Maybe it was the way we handled the presentation, but it was extremely pain free. I was shocked..we went in expecting some shark attack but it was actually very informative and entertaining. Maybe it was our easy going and honest attitude we had we our sales guy, but I left feeling good about the whole thing and almost guilty because I had gotten such a good deal on the room stay lol.

Overall this was definitely an adventure stay for us since we usually like to stay at the top hotels here, but we were very impressed with what this hotel had to offer!

*Tip to those that like to workout....the gym is pretty sad but hey it's free! We used their dumbells and finished up our workout on the beach and still left feeling like champs..just don't expect too much lol :)

Room Tip: Check your AC unit as soon as you get there bc being stuck with no AC at night means you won't g...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sdamian1

Gracias so much for taking the time to review us.

Please let me tell to you that we almost change the 100% of the beds in the hotel. so i think this issue is solved now.

I am glad to read excellent comments abput our mexican food!!!

Hopefully we can welcome you back so you can try different things we have changed. Based in our guests feedbacks and suggestions.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My compliments to the following Krystal Cancun staff members. Their help, their assistance, and the information that they provided to me about institutions, educational facilities, and how to travel around Cancun and the Riveria Maya; was invaluable! My stay in Cancun would not have been successsful without their help! This list is written in the order of our initial conversations:
Arturo (Front Desk)
Edgar (Front Desk)
Irvin (Front Desk)
Rafael ( Baggage, Bel Hop)
Enrique (Aquaworld Booth)
Alex (Aquaworld Booth)
Francisco (Tour Desk)
Marie Cruz (Concierge)
Senorita (The Operator on the Room Telephone)
Adrian (Karaoke Master of Ceremony & CoCoBongo discussion)
Oscar (CoCo Bongo & Night Life discussions)
Maria (Dinner Buffet Hostess)
Housekeeping Staff
Rafael (Front Desk)

Thank You Everyone. I apologize for any mis-spelled names.

Abdullah

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much!

I remember Reading this comments before in our inhouse "surveys".

I read an attached letter and it is similar from this review. ;)

We are aso glad you like dour services. it's good to knnow that from a person that has pretty much a lot of excellent restaurants and hotels nearby....

If you want to come back, please contact me. i will be more tan happy assisting you out.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have been coming to the Krystal for over 30 years and have come back every year around Christmas time. The personnel at the Krystal are excellent. They care about your stay and take care of any problems you may have. We especially want to mention Carlos Bracamonte, Ernesto Orozco, and Rafael the bell captain, all of whom are exceptional in making sure your stay is enjoyable. This is one of the main reasons we keep coming back to the Krystal. The restored beach is now excellent as it was 30 years ago.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends