“A great resort in a great location”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #67 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the the Krystal in Cancun November 8-15th through an RCI trade. This is my third or fourth stay here and I love the resort. I tend to select the Krystal because out of all of the RCI resorts in Cancun, only a very small handful do not have the mandatory all-inclusive option. While some may prefer it, it is still an option here and I tend to like to try other restaurants while I'm on vacation. I ate at the resort a few times and was always very please with their food and their prices. As an RCI member, I had a 20% discount on all meals and drinks which was nice. The drinks were cheaper than at home and with a happy hour at noon by the pool bar and one at the indoor bar in the evening with 2-for-1 drinks, you can't beat it. All the staff were great from the moment I checked in. At check in they brought me a drink and asked me a few questions, and within minutes I was on my way to my room. I had a small issue with lock on the balcony door and and they sent someone up to the room in under 10 minutes. The hospitality desk was always staffed and ready to answer any questions I had. This trip was mostly just a relaxing vacation and I didn't do any side trips. I mostly did a lot of swimming in the ocean and laying out at the pool. The positioning of this resort at the tip of where Cancun bends makes the ocean ideal since the water breaks a little at the tip creating a small area with fewer waves if you just want to swim while further down its full on wave action for those that like the heavier waves. The water is absolutely gorgeous and perfectly clear. The activities by the pool were always fun with daily bingo with prizes as well as pool volleyball and stretching in the water. The resort is located walking distance to all the bars and nightclubs as well as 2 malls and inumerable restaurants. You just can't beat the location. As an RCI member, I was placed down in their smaller building which is only 3 levels tall and kind of hidden behind a palappa. That said, I had a great view of the beach from my room and was closer to the beach than either of the other two buildings. The rooms in that building are a little dated, but very well maintained and impeccably clean. Maid service was availble every day, but I usualy just hung the "do not disturb sign" on the door. The beds were large (king size) and comfortable. One evening I ordered from the room service menu and the food came quickly and was very good. Their afternoon buffet out by the pool was excellent with steak, chicken or pork prepared to your order. I can't say enough positive feedback about the staff. I always found everyone to be courteous and helpful. Despite some rain on 2 of the days I was there, I had a great vacation and came back with a nice tan. I will definitely be back. There are nicer resorts in Cancun, but for the price, location, and service, the Krystal just can't be beat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Steve G
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Muchas gracias for this awesome comments about us.

it is truly a pleasure knowing that our products and services are good for you.

As well that our guests have memorable times during their stays.

After i read your review i can note that you know what are you looking for in your vacations and know how to relax and enjoy your time.

I think that is one of the best secrets of any traveller...

See you pronto in sunny Cancun!

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,180)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Krystal in Cancun November 26th through December 1st. We got an amazing deal ( $199 all inclusive for myself, my spouse and our two teenage boys for 6 days). Yes, we did have to listen to a 3 hour time share presentation, however, it was worth it for the great deal.

Location: Can't beat the beach and the central location to shopping and nightlife. Best beach in the area. Clean, no seaweed, calmer water than other parts of cancun, at the end of the strip so not as crowded.

Rooms: I was stunned that an ocean view room with a balcony was included. AMAZING. The view is excellent. A bit outdated on the decor but frankly, who cares. The rooms were clean, well stocked with water/beverages (also included), towels and toiletries. We also ordered room service several nights (again, included). Central areas were also clean, nicely furnished.

Food: First of all, the service in the restaurants is top notch. A special shout out to Balam who remembered our names, our drink preferences and our favorite sports teams. Actually, all the servers were friendly and provided excellent service and should be commended. Food selection is limited as there is only the buffet which is open all day, the pool restaurant that is only open mid-day and the mexican restaurant only open at dinner. Room service is available as well.

Check in: people have complained about check in. We arrived at 2 pm. Our room was ready. Julio brought us a drink at the reception desk, escorted us to our room and pointed out where everything was located. Smooth as can be.

Facilities: There is not alot for teenagers to do besides the pool and the beach. I have boys and they were happy to sleep in and shoot pool. The pool is clean and large, the beach has plenty of beds and chairs, the gym was clean (a little hot) and had everything we needed. Our only complaint is that the hot tub is not hot.

Timeshare: I was worried going into it after reading alot of peoples complaints on here.We had to attend a 3 hour presentation. IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. Yes, they were a little pushy (never were they mean or rude ) but THATS WHY YOU GOT SUCH A GREAT DEAL ON YOUR VACATION. They are entitled to a little of your time, respect and attention in return for the great price they gave you on your trip. Once the presentation was over, they never bothered us again. And, we got a great vacation , everything included, in an ocean front room, for a great price.

I would return to Cancun and stay at the Krystal again. The top notch service and the location would make it a five star resort, but the lack of food variety and the hot tub that isn't kept hot make it a four.

Enjoy your trip fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Must get an ocean view room!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ajpjap
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so so much for this awesome review.-

If i can be truth with you i think this iis the first review ii've heeard from this agency.

This is why i always think. Why the best rate possbile anyone can find for this hotel hotel always have bad comments ? :S

Fortunately you found the hotel and the services very well.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been going to the Krystal Cancun for over 10 years and are time share members. The staff at the Krystal is excellent. We always feel the welcome home from the friendly staff, waiters, and bartenders. I would recommend the Krystal to everyone. The hotel is close to everything. Balam, Linda, and Norma always take care of us and are the best!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you su much for all your loyalty.

For a hotel nothing is better than having repetitive guests that recommend us.

It is truly a pleasure asisting you during your vacations.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is super nice, the location is amazing, it's right next to everything!!! We could walk from the clubs. The beach is wonderful and super clean. The food is totally okay, there's 3 choices of restaurant, one with extremely good food but it's only for dinner (Hacienda el Mortero) Everything was super nice, the only thing I would say is the really humid, our stuff didn't really dry because of it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Gracias for you nice comments in tripadvisor.

It really proud us when our guests write dwon reviews pointing the good service we offer in this hotel.

The staff in Krystal Cancun tries everyday to succed all of our guests expectations.

See you very soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Myself & friends went to Cancun for my 50th birthday. We stayed at the Krystal Beachfront Resort. The staff was warm & welcoming, from Patricia & Carman in the Clubroom, too Julio, Jose & Gabriel who helped us with our suit cases. We went to the Hotel Bar, Christian, Xavier & the other bartenders took good care of us. It rained for the first two day's we were in Cancun,but Tony the activity director had plenty of indoor things the hotel guests could do, from bingo, billards contest & Karoke. When the sun was shinning Tony also had plenty of outdoor activities. Our rooms were clean & comfortable. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MegaMallPaul
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you very much for giving us this awesome feedback in tripadvisor.

I will thank direclty to all the staff you mentioned. They are always doing thier best to succeed the guests expetations.

Gracias for visiting our hotel and Mexico for your recent holidays...

Hasta la vista ;)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Perfect location!!! it is safe and is walking distance to all the big clubs and parties. : ) next time i will get the ocean view room. i booked all my tours thru www.mycancuntours.com. they have a shuttle that picks us up at the hotel lobby. VERY CONVENIENT.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JesCamilleTravels

Muchas gracias for this kind feedback. We are glad to see you chos eour hotel for your 1st time in Cancun.

You make us feel very proud.

Hopefully you can visit us next year.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I just returned from my second home, which is the Krystal in Cancun. It was another enjoyable trip. I usually stay for 10 days, because it gives me extra time to relax from the pressure of traveling. This time unfortunately I had to cope with several days of showers, which shows even in paradise a little (or a lot) of rain must fall. The Krystal may not be the newest hotel in Cancun, but
it offers you the best ocean view and a more personal atmosphere than those huge hotel complexes. You usually meet the same friendly staff, who go out of their way to make your stay memorable. I befriended a nice couple from Europe, and I introduced them to "El Mortero", a gourmet restaurant with an atmosphere of an old Mexican Hacienda. After getting a big hug from Fabricio, the Manager, we were seated next to a beautiful fountain to enjoy our meal to the music of a Mariachi band. I can recommend the Margaritas, but it takes 2 hands to hold one.
Instead of eating dessert order one of the flaming coffees prepared at your table. It's wonderful liquid calories...
I usually book a Club Room, because it includes Continental Breakfast in the morning and appetizers and wine in the evening. The service is always excellent thanks to my good friend Patricia, the Mgr., and her helpers Mauricio, Yanely, Carmen and Lupita.
If you own a timeshare, Cynthia and Alex will take care of you very efficiently.
This trip my favorite waiters were Asterio, Balam, Maria, Cecilia, Norma and Linda.
Best bartenders" Jorge, Xavier, Christian, Manuel, Roberto and Joaquin. Thanks to the Capitans Alfonso, Andres and my "king" Alfredo. They are always helpful with recommendations on food and drink. Sr. Vicente, I hope you re-ordered the great "Paso Fino" wine from Chile. They say it's good for the heart, then I should hope to live to be a 100 years .

Oscar still presents a weekly Karaoke night at the Lobby Bar. I admire the brave participants .
I missed my favorite band with my old friend Mike Santana, the drummer, who played at the Krystal last May. But another group has taken their place. It's good to have some live entertainment in the Lobby Bar, while the younger guests can enjoy several night clubs in walking distance from the Krystal.
Special thanks go to Sr. Ernesto Orozco (Room Mgr.) and Sr. Jose Medina (Gen. Mgr.) for always making my stay extra special.

I did't mean for this review to be so long, but there are so many staff members worth mentioning
by name, because they really work hard and deserve it.

Room Tip: Club Rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Monika P
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

OMGGG!! Ms. Monica,

It is unbelievable how you can remember all that info.

On behalf of the staff i want to thank you so much for your loyalty and preference from all these years.

It is truly a pleasure knowing people like you in our lifes. We love you so much and you a part of our lifes.... We always rememeber you as well!

See you very soon! =)))))

Paris.