Krystal Cancun
$538
$249
$190
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$800
$290
$251
  • Pool
$150
$101
5,406 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomsushi barcoco bongoall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach baran ocean view roomclubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I purchased a sales presentation deal from Fun Sun Getaways on May, 7 2013.

My domestic partner and I checked in the Krystal Resort Cancun on Monday July 1. Arriving at the hotel my partner and I thought it was very warm in the lobby area, going up to our room for the first time thought wow the elevator is even hotter. The heat and smell inside the elevator made it hard to breath.
Upon entering our assigned room, I thought to myself this room looks nothing like what was pictured in the web site photos of the room that was promised in the deal. The room was outdated, worn, plain, used up, hot, uninviting, and smelled dirty and of mold. The beds felt hard and uncomfortable. We turned the thermostat down to at least get the room to a comfortable temperature. At that point we tried to make the best of it and said let’s get out of this room and maybe the outside area of the resort is better than the inside.

We decided to go to one of the resorts restaurants were we ordered by menu. Both of our meals tasted bad. Luke warm, dried out. It was very unsatisfactory to say the least. It was a big disappointment from a supposedly 5 Star Resort. We went back to our room to find nothing had changed, still very warm. We both decided to take a shower to cool off. The shower in this room is designed all wrong, while taking a shower the water from the shower ends up all in the floor, so once you have finished your shower you end up stepping out of the shower in a bathroom floor full of water. Dangerous and almost impossible to dry your feet to get dressed because of standing in water. The room was full of ants. One day the ants were so bad, with an army of them going up the wall and into the trash can, I had to get a cleaning lady to take the trash can away. She did nothing about the ants. She just set the can back at the door. That night I was bit several times in the bed by ants.

We mentioned this all to another lady cleaning in the hall. She stepped inside our room and said wait one minute in Spanish but nothing ever came of it. It was impossible to get any rest or relaxation at this resort because of all the intoxicated young adults running up and down the halls, slamming doors and yelling all hours of the night. Not to mention the music and bass booming from nearby clubs all night long. I was miserable. This resort had plainly failed to provide me with the comfort that I should have received as their guest. This went one each night of our stay. Each day complaining to the resort staff with no resolution.

The next morning at 8am we attended the scheduled sales presentation with more than all the correct documents the resort ask for. I was even listening to the sales pitch with an open mind just as they ask of us despite all the problems we had already faced on day one. At the end of the presentation the sales girl said this is the end of the presentation and I’m going to turn this over to my manager now. An older Hispanic man came to the table and asks what we were doing there. I thought it was just a simple question to us, so I started to answer him truthfully about us taking this July 4th vacation after 8 years of not going on vacation due to our work schedule. This man became full of rage and attacked us verbally, using very harsh profanity toward us. Calling us (profanity) moochers, and saying we are wasting everyone's time. My partner and I were so shocked; we both could not believe what had just happened. The sales girl was shocked herself. She apologized and quickly left. Right then and there I thought I have been taking advantage of. I thought what a waste of all the time and money I have spent to go on this vacation, and now this is all ruined. I wanted to leave right then and there. I felt a lot of fear and anxiety about this stay now. Here we were in a foreign country, not able to speak the foreign Spanish language, and just very afraid to talk to anyone. Not knowing who we could trust to talk to about all the issues with the resort. All in all the food never got better. The room never got to a cool temp after asking and asking. We ended up speaking to different resort workers six times about the air conditioning. We asked for a fan at the front desk but were told the resort didn't have fans. We asked to be moved to another room, but were told they were all full. None of the room issues ever got resolved.

Needless to say my vacation was ruined by the experience at this resort. Thousands of dollars on airfare, transportation, resort/gratuity fees, housing & pet sitting fees were spent. This is not a 5 star resort as the website implies. I will never go back to or recommend Krystal resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Go some place else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
31  Thank KandJyork
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for let us know your feedbacks.

Please allow me to assist you directly.

I find your review very confusing regarding the facilities ans services. If there is something i may do for you please let me know.

sincerely,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Beautiful beaches, clean and beautiful pools, very friendly stuff, clean and comfortable rooms all though no refrigerator in it, not good. It is so hot in there you want to keep something cold to drink but, any ways I highly recommend it. I will come back , just a few steps from all disco clubs and shopping . Superrrr ;)

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c unit noise and better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gloria23newyorkcity

Thank you ver much for you knd comments.

We are glad you had a nice stay at krystal Cancun and hoping you can come back very soon.

Gracias!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Place is beautiful no doubt but there was no chain of command in there management our no order in there lobby. the place was swarm with a bunch of drunk and loud teenagers. there AC broke for 2 days and every time you inquired on the time it would be fixed the answer was in 20 minutes. The food was not great and the consistency of the hotel was off every day. I would never return to that hotel and do not recommend it to any one.

• Stayed: July 2013
10  Thank Tito203

thank you for posting this feedbacks.

We had a problem in one of our 4 towers. the a/c in that tower broke down. We are really deeply sorry about this. this problema has been fixed already.

Please let me know what food you didn't like?

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The beach and pool area is beautiful, and the food was good. However, the room and bathroom had a sewer smell and the room didn't feel clean (papers in the trash when we just checked in to the room, damp smell on sheets, etc).

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Gina C

thank you for submitting your review.

Could you please let me know your travel dates. so i can follow up into this theme directly?

Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our second trip to Cancun we love the area of the hotel and that was about all! If you like air conditioning do not stay here!!! We slept in our room the first night July 1 and after that the air never worked again in our room. We had to go to the front desk every night to be told we were assigned another room in the old tower for the night, we did this for 3 nights its embarrassing walking through the lobby the next morning to go back to our own room to get ready for the day. I was told the second day the air would be fixed in 2 hours haha everyone got that line! I was with the same people the whole time every night at the front desk complaining about no the air. on the fourth night the front desk laughed at me and said there were no rooms left in the old building with air and that I should have came down earlier!! Even though they told me it was going to be fixed that afternoon. So on that evening my family had to be bussed down the road to a different hotel, my daughter was running a high fever that day it was miserable for her in a room with 90 temps! The mini bar in the room is a joke always hot no matter what room we went to! The maids were friendly, and some of the staff but the front desk were a bunch of lying clowns that do not care about the guests. Edgar the manager told me he would reimburse for half of the trip. Lie, one day! We paid for two rooms for 5 nights 6 days no air! The other hotel we stayed at the Aloft was awesome, go there We will never be back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Dawn_W934

I am deeply sorry of the bad lapse of time we caused to you.

The a/c equipment of 1 of our 4 hotel towers broke up and it took us almost 8 days to fix this one.

We know all the inconveniences our guests had at that time.

This issue has been fixed already.

Please conctact me if there is anything i may do for you.