Krystal Cancun
Ocean Dream(Cancun)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
5,406 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomsushi barcoco bongoall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach baran ocean view roomclubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our second trip to Cancun we love the area of the hotel and that was about all! If you like air conditioning do not stay here!!! We slept in our room the first night July 1 and after that the air never worked again in our room. We had to go to the front desk every night to be told we were assigned another room in the old tower for the night, we did this for 3 nights its embarrassing walking through the lobby the next morning to go back to our own room to get ready for the day. I was told the second day the air would be fixed in 2 hours haha everyone got that line! I was with the same people the whole time every night at the front desk complaining about no the air. on the fourth night the front desk laughed at me and said there were no rooms left in the old building with air and that I should have came down earlier!! Even though they told me it was going to be fixed that afternoon. So on that evening my family had to be bussed down the road to a different hotel, my daughter was running a high fever that day it was miserable for her in a room with 90 temps! The mini bar in the room is a joke always hot no matter what room we went to! The maids were friendly, and some of the staff but the front desk were a bunch of lying clowns that do not care about the guests. Edgar the manager told me he would reimburse for half of the trip. Lie, one day! We paid for two rooms for 5 nights 6 days no air! The other hotel we stayed at the Aloft was awesome, go there We will never be back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Dawn_W934
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I am deeply sorry of the bad lapse of time we caused to you.

The a/c equipment of 1 of our 4 hotel towers broke up and it took us almost 8 days to fix this one.

We know all the inconveniences our guests had at that time.

This issue has been fixed already.

Please conctact me if there is anything i may do for you.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very unsatisfied vacationers,

Check in at Krystal Cancun was smooth sailing, the 1st room had a ceiling leak in the bathroom and our room was not changed until after we attended a time share presentation.

Room #2 the Air conditioning malfunctioned and we had to move ourselves to another room that was only accommodated for the night.

The following day I spoke to an employee at the front desk and returned my key for the temporary move based on the AC being fixed for that day. I advised the Krystal employee that we were a group of 5 with 3 separate rooms and we needed to be changed to another building if the AC did not get fixed as promised that day.

We went about our day to an excursion, got back and when I spoke to the manager (EDGAR) he said he had no idea about 3 rooms he just had the other 2 rooms available and not ours...after yet another tiring back and forth on how a MANAGER should MANAGE their staff and be up to par with their guests... he accommodated yet room #4 told us ocean view, king size bed on floor 4 and that the hotel staff will be at our room in 10-15 min for our bags and room keys....we ended up calling about 45 min later as no bell boy ever showed up, we pick up the key for a totally different room. We later bumped into yet another person with the same issues in the wing with no AC and guess what room they were accommodated to?...the one we were promised.

The Nighmare continues...My flight was changed, I called the day before our departure and received a VM, I left a detailed voicemail with my new room details and new flight info. I was called for the pick up of the old flight at 4am, I explained the detailed message and changed flight info provided at their office and when I went to make sure my ride to the airport was allset they told me they had sent someone to come get me for the other flight. I went to the front desk to speak about my airport transfer, was sent to the TIMESHARE person by the name of FRANK GARCIA...He was the most inconsiderate, careless employee with no customer service ethic. When I took his name from his tag he was really snotty and was blattanly taking [--] under his breath!! I have never encountered such a bad experience on vacation! NEVER!! FRANK initially told me he had nothing to do with transportation, I informed him I was sent there from the front desk he then walked off to get some info said the person was not there literally a few steps away from my sight.......he then said he will be back and went to the 2nd floor where we attended the timeshare never came down.....we went to breakfast came back to see him and he said he didnt have a number for the airport transfer let me now forget to mention my airport transfer clearly stated KRYSTAL RESORT! yes this is when I called the gentleman at the transportation company myself because the number was on the initial airport voucher....I explained that they should listen to their voicemails and spoke the manager at Krystal (Edgar) he made the call and I was advised I would be picked up within 20 minutes a total of 3 hours earlier than what I should spend at the airport. YET again another inconvenience because I was rushing to get bags and get things together and I wasn't even offered the courtesy to have my bags brought down from my room.

Now that I have summed up the details of my stay at Krystal Resort, let me inform you that many of the vacationers where taking their stay to other hotels in the area and were as disgustd as we were.

I honestly think that The Krystal Resort Staff is in DIRE NEED of customer service, starting with the manager, EDGAR.

This place is beautiful dont get me wrong it just needs some serious updating to their Air Conditioning and a crash course of customer service to their employees. This was not my 1st time in Cancun and I can honestly say I went back because everyone on my previous trip was wonderful...I will NEVER go again - thank you very much Krystal Cancun.

P.S. If you want to book a VIP make sure when you deal with GIMENA she tells you bottle service in a little corner and everyone she brings from the KRYSTAL is at the same table. We were a party of 8 and although bottles were unlimited she was also full of [--]!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Glenda A

thank you for writing down this review.

We know we had a problema for almost one week in 1 of our 4 towers of the hotel with the A/C equipment.

I really sorry for the problems we caused to you.

As well i want to let you know that the people you mention in your review is not working anymore with us.

Please let me know if you need anythinig else.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I traveled June 28-July 5 2013 with my 81 year old mother and 76 year old mother-in-law. I can say that we all had a wonderful time. In fact the mom's are still talking about it. They didn't even mind the boom boom boom from the clubs down the street. Although 2:30 in the morning they could have turned it down a little. While the weather was in the 80's it was quite humid. I was very pleased that the air conditioning in my room was working well. We had maid service every day which was nice. Clean towels, bed made, trash emptied, floors wiped down, windows cleaned deck wiped down, every single day. The maids were friendly, quick and efficient. In fact the entire staff was extremely helpful. The view from my room was spectacular. We did not choose the all inclusive, but I was happy to know that it was available. The beds were very comfortable except for the murphy bed in the center room. That one would be okay for someone a little younger than 76 years old. The grounds were spotless. Very clean. The pool and beach area were fantastic. All and all this was a fantastic trip. The only thing I would say is that the lobby area was warmer, but that is most likely due to the fact that the doors are constantly being opened and closed. Oh, the food in the two restaurants was really, really good. I will be coming back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank cherwds
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Gracias for this great feedback form us...

it is really an honor to receive awesome reviews from our guests. I know there is always work to do. but i feel good reading your comments. This means we are doing ok in here.

Hopefully you can come back very soon!

Paris Aguilar

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I tried making reservations for a "Super Special" at $249. When I booked the reservation I was asked to call in and was informed that the dates I wanted were not available. When we did find available dates, they informed me that I would have to pay an additional $800 per child. When I questioned them about the "2 children under 18 free deal" they informed me that it was no longer available...even though it is on their web site that it is. This is a total scam hotel that just wants to sell you a time-share.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank SailFishMan66

Please send me your voucher to: Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

I am 100% sure that you didnt make the reservation in our official website.

Thank you,.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My Partner & I just returned from Krystal Resort - Cancun and let me tell you we couldn't wait to get back home.
- If you like cool, Comfortable AC inside a nice,clean well kept room...you WILL NOT find it here.
- food is not good.(I see why its all free)
- communication problems
- entire hotel is run down
-you will not get any sleep/rest terrible mattresses, drunk "Teens" running up and down the hall all night, the thump of the music all night long....
My partner & I did the "time share" tour at the hotel and because we did not want to buy, we were called "[--] MOOCHERS" I could not believe how we were treated......it was unreal.
I spent 1000's of dollars of to be treated this way.
trust me when I say .....don't stay here. One of the longest weeks of my life...I would have rather been working.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Ken C

Thank you for sharing your review from us.

Please let me assist you directly. I would like to know why do you have this image from us.

We don't have free food in here or nothing like that. We have been in the market for over 30 years having at least 8,000 guests every month.