Krystal Cancun
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
5,406 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomsushi barcoco bongoall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach baran ocean view roomclubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love this hotel. I have stayed and have had clients stay and each time everyone is 100% satisfied. Gorgeous hotel, great amenities, beautiful property, excellent staff, and the best location in Cancun!

During the month of March, this is a party hotel for Spring Break. If that is what you are looking for, you won't be disappointed. If you are a family or a non party type, don't stay here in March.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water, can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill A
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your commments in tripadvisor.

I really want to thank you for talking good about us. You are right AMrch is spring brea season but this is in all the hotels in Cancun.

Please be in contact with me for any assistance.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me start off by saying I used this hotel stay for myself and 9 other guys for a Bachelor/Stag party and was impressed by how well the hotel and the staff accommodated us until our last day when the Hotel Manager Paris came out and showed his true colors.

From the beginning:

Pulling up to the hotel we were greeted by one of the bell boys Sergio. He was awesome. Very friendly and probably one of the only people we came into contact with that didn't stand there with his hand held out for a tip for taking our luggage 5 feet and setting it aside.

When you first walk into the hotel you feel like your in the movie Scarface. Everything is white. literally everything! Which shows its clean, but its kind of an eye sore because it seems like they are half way stuck between the 80's and a new age "trendy" kind of style. But hey, to each their own. It wasn't about to ruin my trip.

The front desk staff were great. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to an ocean-view and we did.
Tip: do not upgrade to ocean view when booking. Wait until you get to the hotel and they will swing you a better deal. we paid $15USD each per room, per night for our 4 night stay.
The rooms were in the south wing, 3100-3111. All of my guys ended up here in 5 rooms and nobody had a single complaint other than the rooms on this side are 1 king bed only, so you rock, paper, scissors for who gets the cot. not a big deal, we were only in our room to sleep anyway.

Food and restaurants:

We ate at the buffet every morning, and usually there again or one of the Al la carte restaurants in the evening. The food here is truly Mediocre. You really get what you pay for when it comes to quality. but it wasn't the end of the world. We had an Omelette, fruit, and toast in the mornings and some sort of beef or chicken, rice and potatoes in the evening if we could find it. It was by all means edible, but if I was on a European plan and received a bill for it, I would be heavily dissapointed...

Hotel location and beach:

Probably THE BEST location as far as beach goes. After the hurricane years ago they rebuilt everything and installed a huge rock wall that prevents the majority of the rough waters from coming in so its pretty calm at all times as well as completely crystal clear with no rocks or reefs nearby so you can feel completely safe in the water.
The hotel location is PRIME if your looking to check out some of the nightlife that Cancun is most famous for. but with every positive, there is a negative. Because the hotel is so close to the clubs downtown, the noise often reaches you depending on where your situated in the hotel. If i was here with my wife or small children I would be furious because there is no way you can sleep unless your passed out drunk, or have a good set of ear plugs. The Bass from the music rattles the room none the less the overall sound penetrating through the walls. If you flip through the photos you'll see I've uploaded a video example of this.

Hotel Grounds, Pools & Negative interaction with Hotel manager:

The hotel grounds are ok. pretty confined but that comes with having a location in the heart of downtown. The pools are alright, the one that is the "swim up bar" is very small so we stayed out of there and focused the majority of our attention to a small section of the main pool where the Volleyball net was set up. and this is where we ran into our trouble with the Manager Paris Aguilar.

Everyday around 11am we would meet Mauricio(hotel entertainment staff member) and set up the volleyball net to play water volleyball. We did this pretty much until 4:30 or 5pm every day or until the sun went behind the hotel and things started to get cold. We tipped the staff very heavily and had drinks coming to us all day as well as nachos and snacks mid afternoon. Everyone was having a blast. The reason we ran into trouble is because I had set up my Sirius satellite radio poolside so we had some good music to listen to while playing volleyball. The station never left BPM(tasteful top 40/club/electronic music) so it was always a lively form of entertainment besides being drowned out from the distorted spa/elevator music that the hotel played that made anyone that wasn't deaf want to commit suicide. I can't see why there was such an issue because as soon as my radio came on, we had a ton of other hotel guests jumping in the pool to play along with us because the music had "feel good" type of beats rather than the sound of a leaky faucet dropping in a pail of water with an echo and elevator jazz playing in the background. It was probably the most depressing thing Ive ever heard.

In any event, Mauricio the hotels entertainment coordinator told us every day that we saved his life with the music because more and more people actually wanted to take part in the activities which in turn made his job easier. In any event, we didn't have the Radio so loud that it was overbearing. The volume on it doesn't even go high enough to distort the sound. On the first day we had it on, I took a walk around the pool and nearby grounds to see how far the sound carried so we could adjust the volume accordingly. It barely left the area we were playing in. I would say it didn't travel more than 15-20ft in any direction before evaporating into the hotels funeral home music, so you really wouldn't hear it other than being in the pool, or directly nearby.
On our last day there, near the end of the day. We were rudely interrupted by Paris the hotel manager. He walked up to the pool and his first exact words to us were "if you don't turn this radio off, I'm going to pick it up, smash it on the pool deck, throw it in the pool, then I will kick all of you out of my hotel." This kind of shocked me due to the fact that the hotel prides itself on being "the place to be" for the spring break party crowd, but a radio sets this guy over the edge? he then went on to say that he had people warn us many times to turn it off. A complete lie. Nobody said a word to us about it being too loud, or distracting otherwise we would have turned it down. The only thing we had to do everyday was get one of the maintenance workers to flip the breaker on near the pool so we could plug it in. That's it. So clearly if he told people to come tell us to turn it off they didn't listen or didn't care and the message was never relayed. I was shocked that he was so unprofessional because this is the guy that responds to all the reviews on Trip Advisor priding his hotel on catering to a younger crowd and cordially trying to fix any negative issues that people have with a request to email him directly to resolve the issue. So this interaction really surprised me. He came out with his fist clenched and pointing his finger with the other hand. I couldn't believe this is how the Head manager at the hotel will treat his guests. Later saying that the music we are playing poolside was disturbing the relaxation of the guests in the hotel..........Ummm?, Because the nightclub thumping throughout the entire night until sunrise is just harmonizing music to everyone's ears? Give me a break!
In any event we stayed polite as we had been the entire time, and the 22 other hotel guests alongside me in the pool negotiated that we turn it down to 50-25% of the total volume. He agreed, stormed off, and then went inside and cranked his elevator music up to completely drown out our radio. pretty childish if you ask me. the music was so loud that it sounded like the speakers were going to blow! Never thought you could distort jazz before, but its possible!

Other than this interaction we had a great stay at the hotel, If this guy could have kept his cool for 2 hours longer until we left the pool for the day, that would have been the last time the music was on and he would have gotten a rave review on his hotel. Everything else about our stay was exceptional, Staff were just awesome and very very hard working.

I was not paid or given anything for writing this review by this hotel or any of its competitors, The experience written above reflects how myself and 9 other guys I was traveling with found the hotel to be accommodating.

Don't bring your wife or girlfriend here for a romantic vacation unless you plan on partying at the clubs until sunrise every night, and especially do not bring your children here. If you appreciate a good nights seep after a long day in the sun, do your research and stay somewhere else

If you found this review helpful in any way please click the little green button below that says YES.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
20  Thank Stormin327
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we went april 8th-april 15th 2013 my husband and i took our 2 boys. the krystal is in a nice spot for shopping and bars. but the beach is not a good spot to swim. you have to stay in the pool if u don't went to drown. we watched a boy be pulled out of the ocean and he was not good. our room at the krystal was ok the big thing i didn't like was the double beds they were way to small i didn't have one good night. the staff at krystal was very bad they don't let you any thing going on around the hotel.the food was average. my boys liked the buffet. the waiters by the end of the week were fighting over us for a 5 dollar tip they got. this was are first time at the krystal and the last. there are way better places. my best place is still the omni cancun.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank sheri d

Thank you for posting a review in tripadvisor.

Please let me know what we didn't let you do. I really want to follow up into this theme.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I traveled with a group of 5 friends and it was our first time in Cancun and Mexico. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff and during check-in we were offered nice cold beer as it was a hot day and we were tired. The hotel offered us a cheap upgrade of just $10 USD extra per night for a bigger room with a sea view. It was definitely worth it. The rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. The balcony provided an awesome view of the resorts pool and beach. the bathroom is really nice, but the only downside is that the showering has a little glass window cover which isn't wide enough to stop all the water from splashing out to the bathroom floor. So at times if you're not showering carefully, the floors can get flooded which we experienced a few times. Location was the best! Especially for those who like to party. It's literally situated around the corner from all the bars, night clubs and shops. Be prepared to get hassled by many nightclub promoters along the way. The pool and beach was awesome! The free internet wifi in our rooms worked okay. I would definitely consider returning to Krystal Cancun on my next visit to Cancun!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the sea view room!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you a lot!!!

Wow. it's seems very rare when mostly of the reviews are very good and sometimes i read reviews that are completely the other side of the story.
What i know is that we are an excellent hotel, with and amazing beach and an unbeatable location. And that we are the best Value in Cancun.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently went to Krystal Cancun and had a wonderful experience! We were a little worried about staying so close to the nightlife but actually glad we did. Our room was beach side so we didn't have any of the noise from the clubs. The service was excellent!! Have to give special kudos to Manuel our server on the beach! We had a group of 8 and he was quick with our drinks and very pleasent. Also Christian and Ceilia went above and beyond their jobs to make sure we we had a good time. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone! Oh yeah and the Mexican restaraunt was great! The food was excellent, margarita's even better and the Mariachi singers were alot of fun!!!

Room Tip: definately go for the beach view rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Gracias for taking the time to write down a review in this site.

It's good reading amazing feedbacks from our guests and looking that their stay went as planned.

We really hope seeing you again very soon!