“Great Vacation!”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #68 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My mom and I just got back home after spending 5 nights at Krystal Resort, we had a Deluxe Ocean Front Room with the All Inclusive Package.
It was great, the pools were amazing (VERY CLEAN), the tiki bar, beach cabanas and huts were so comfortable to just relax at for the day. The service was GREAT at the pool area, Edgar was one of our favorite pool waiters.. he was sooooooo kind and very funny!!

The staff is CONSTANTLY cleaning everything in the lobby and outdoor areas, each night the staff would scrub down the pool decks with cleaner. There is also always someone in the lobby cleaning, in the restaurants etc. The pools are a really nice size and never overcrowded, you dont have to wake up at the crack of dawn to find a nice place to set up for the day. The size of the property is really nice, no long walks to anything and it makes for easy access to go up and down to your room if you have to.
The spa is also nice although we didnt find it until the day before we left :( we did get a 1 hour swedish massage though and it was wonderful & relaxing! Check it out!

Once again the hotel staff is very kind and helpful from Gabriel the bellhop, Edgar the pool waiter, Alejandro in Aquamarina & Santos the towel/activity guy. (Some of our favorites)

The food is good but not amazing. They offer ALOT of pork if you like pork, and steak.. Chicken was great some nights but it all depends on what you like, none of the food was gross it was all very good just wish they had a tiny bit more variety.
El Montero, the mexican restaurant right outside the hotel was great and is included one night in the All Inclusive package. The mexican band was my favorite. GO there the last night of your vacation! Its fun!

When we first got there we had a room on the 2nd floor i think in the 'old tower'. We spent one night in it and then had to change rooms because my mom is a terrible asthmatic and the smell of mold was really strong. Our sink leaked and the shower water went ALL over the floor every time we took a shower. I REALLY recommend the hotel buying shower doors or shower curtains because the water just spills out of the showers constantly and makes the floor SOAKED and creates mold.
-So the next day we went to the front desk and they changed our room which was MUCH better (on the 7th floor of the 'old tower') a total 360 from our first room, the shower did still leak everywhere but overall it was much more comfortable.

Location is great if you like to go to clubs and bars, its also about 3 minutes walking distance from a mall with a Hard Rock Cafe, Chilis and a few other nice chain restaurants and PLENTY of shopping. One downfall to being so close to the nightlife is if you have an ocean front room you hear the music and see the lights flashing until about 6 am (kind of hard to sleep).

The hotel concierge in front of the sushi bar are constantly trying to "take you to breakfast" to sell you a timeshare or whatever they say it is, I'm still unclear (lol)... AVOID THEM AT ALL TIMES, they waste your time and dont let you walk away. You eventually just have to say have a great day, smile and be on your way.

Overall the hotel was really great for the price, we really had a wonderful vacation, we swam with dolphins and also went to Isla Mujeres (GO THERE! ITS GREAT, BOOK WITH ISLANDERS you can find them near the Drug store across the street from the hotel). The staff is A+, really there to please. I loved it. SEE YOU ALL SOON!

Thank you!!

P.S. -Get shower curtains! Lol! Less mold smell! ;)

Room Tip: Get a high floor room! Make sure you get an ocean front room because the views are astonishing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 29lovethesun
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for this complete review about us.

I like your review is very oriented to the staff in order to point their excellent job in the hotel.

We really love taking care to our guests.

Gracias!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,197)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had the best time here.We stayed at a timeshare room and we fell in love with Krystal Cancun!The staff was so friendly and welcoming that we felt right at home.Our room was clean and the bed could not have been more comfortable.The location of the hotel is perfect and we were glad to walk everywhere and feel safe.The hotel offers private "cabanas" on the beach and drinks and or food served as you wish.What a beautiful Paradise.We loved swimming in the ocean and have never seen such clean water.We can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank 12travel2mexico
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Wow!! Gracias nice review.

Sounds funny.. We don't have so many compliments regarding our beach bali beds. They are brand new and we have plenty of them.

It's nice reading reviews where everything were as expected.

See you soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I checked into the hotel very late ion a thursday night and after a long day of travel was met with a complimentary drink... warm but good. The main lobby was gorgeous as in the pics and the room in TOWER A was great.. I had to request face cloths daily because there were none when we arrived in the room. Also i needed the bathroom cleaned daily because of the ceiling shower head the floor kept getting wet and the bathroom smelled..

Room Tip: I was in Tower a im not sure what Tower b looks like
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for writing down a review in tripadvisor.

I want to follow up into this.

Could you please let me know your travels dates? So i can check the issue you mentioned directly.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just returned from "my home away from home", which is the Krystal in Cancun. The hotel may not be the newest and most modern, but you cannot find a better location and more friendly staff anywhere else. I know so many of the employees, from the janitor (Juan Carlos) to the General Mgr. (Senor Luis Medina). Everybody does their best to make you feel comfortable and at home.
The activity staff (Oscar, Mauricio & Ximena) are always there to help you, just like the bellboys (Rafael, Gabriel & Julio). I can always count on the waiters Balam, Venusciano, Fernando, Asterio Jorge & Maria to give excellent service. The same goes for the bartenders Xavier, Jorge, Aida, Christian, Manuel, Cecilia in the Lobby Bar and Norma and Linda outside in the pool area. I also want to mention Cynthia and Alex in Timeshare doing a wonderful job. My very best friend is Patricia in the Club Krystal. She goes out of her way to make you feel at home and help you with any problem. This trip her temporary assistant was Mauricio (Luis had left). I would recommend him for this job in the future, because he is friendly and does a good job even under pressure on Patty's day off. Lupita also has become a good friend in the evening shift at Club Krystal, because she keeps me entertained, when I am there all by myself. I am always glad, when Clementina is my maid, because I never have to ask for anything. She does her job consistingly well. The last praise I have to give to the Azteka Band. The drummer Mike Santana recognized me after 30 years not seeing him and even knew my name. I was impressed and happy. It reminded me of my younger years, when there was continuous music in the Lobby Bar. I am glad they are back for a few evenings each week. Having the Caribbean night outside with the music is a great idea of the new Food & Beverage Mgr. Vicente. Also the Mexican decorations in Aquamarina make it look more authentic and friendlier. Before I end this long review, I want to thank Sr. Ernesto Orozco and Sr. Medina for their continued friendship and great job at the Krystal. With such a perfect location and wonderful staff I have to call it my "Home away from Home". If I forgot to mention anybody blame it on my old age. I have been coming to this location for 30 years and will continue to do so my health permitting it. A big THANK YOU to all.
Monika Philmon from Houston, Texas

Room Tip: I prefer staying in Tower B on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Hola Ms. Monika!

This is Paris... Omg.. It is so nice to receive this amazing review, i have sent ti to everyone in the hotel. Actually we have it a big wall in the human resources area.

You are such a nice person and we really want to thank you for coming in here twice a yar and straying 10 days each time.

You are a great repetitive guest and we like you a lot in here... YOU KNOW IT!

See you very soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mauricio was aún exceptionally good activista director ! The service has bien excelente! Water And beach beatifico! The room was very clean And the maids día their Job very well. Food is diferentes, but delicious. All the staff have been very nice And helpfull. Walking distance to all the shops was perfect, And Starbucks was a plus :). Loved how bar opens quite early, And how they are very genéricos. I would recomendados Krystal to my familia And friends! Thank you for all your hard work, very appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing these excellent commments of Krystal Cancun.

We are very pleased to see you liked our services and the product we offer.

I will tell Mauricio that he is doing a good job.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We purchased the romantic package, not all inclusive, but with the breakfast buffet and cake and champagne. We stayed in the newer building, and the room was lovely, and clean. We could barely communicate with the front desk clerk, and if he told us that OUR free breakfast was on the 8th floor, NOT the main restaurant, we didn't comprehend him. So we ended up going to the main restaurant, where the breakfast was very good, but cost $20 a day, which we hadn't expected. When we talked to someone at the front desk, he just smiled and shrugged.

Room Tip: You can't get a better view than in the newer towers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us.

I will check these theme you mentioned with the front desk agent who checked you in.

When guests reserve the krystal Club tower (new tower) it includes a continental breakfast in the club lounge plus wine and petit fours and snakcs during the evening.

Also guests have a $10 usd credit for the main buffet restaurant.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Cancun so when I saw a good all-inclusive deal on LivingSocial I thought it would be a fun, quick, cheap getaway for our first anniversary. We came to quickly realize that some deals are too good to be true. We were disappointed when it took 4 trips to the front desk before we got a clean room. We didn't get the king bed we were expecting (to be fair the hotel did seem close to sold out) but to have to trek up and down multiple times in order to get a room that had been cleaned and didn't have workmen in it seemed more than excessive. Upon getting a room that was clean, I was again disappointed in the overall quality of the space. There was black near every duct in the room which had me concerned, and the drop ceiling in the bathroom seemed to potentially have mold. I totally understand humidity being a major issue here...but it just seemed there was a lot of delayed maintenance in the rooms.
I was generally unimpressed with the food options until we discovered the off-property Mexican restaurant where you are required to make a reservation. That food definitely exceeded the other options.
We also found the timeshare folks that were in the hotel to be terrible. First they dressed in uniforms close to those of the actual hotel staff which is confusing. Then they tried to sell us a deal in spite of the fact that we had an all-inclusive. If we hadn't realized they were likely trying to get us to agree to a deal pitch we could have ended up like other folks having to sit through long discussions of timeshare opportunities over breakfast which would have absolutely killed the vacation.
Overall - the hotel was unimpressive, we did enjoy the hotel bar staff at the middle outside bar and a couple of our waiters. I think we quickly realized we prefer a boutique hotel in a little town that's up and coming to the resort hotel in a tourist trap city.
That said, the beach and the water nearly make up for everything else. The surroundings were stunning...if only our room could have been as well...

Room Tip: Definitely make sure you know what you're going to get. Be explicit about what you're lookin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Annasmw
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for writing a review.

I am sorry for have not succeded your expectations. I have checked this theme and unfortunately the front desk agent assigned you a room that was not for guests use. We have already took action of this issue.

Please let me assist you for any information.