“Excelente service”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #68 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mauricio was aún exceptionally good activista director ! The service has bien excelente! Water And beach beatifico! The room was very clean And the maids día their Job very well. Food is diferentes, but delicious. All the staff have been very nice And helpfull. Walking distance to all the shops was perfect, And Starbucks was a plus :). Loved how bar opens quite early, And how they are very genéricos. I would recomendados Krystal to my familia And friends! Thank you for all your hard work, very appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing these excellent commments of Krystal Cancun.

We are very pleased to see you liked our services and the product we offer.

I will tell Mauricio that he is doing a good job.

There are newer reviews for Krystal Cancun

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We purchased the romantic package, not all inclusive, but with the breakfast buffet and cake and champagne. We stayed in the newer building, and the room was lovely, and clean. We could barely communicate with the front desk clerk, and if he told us that OUR free breakfast was on the 8th floor, NOT the main restaurant, we didn't comprehend him. So we ended up going to the main restaurant, where the breakfast was very good, but cost $20 a day, which we hadn't expected. When we talked to someone at the front desk, he just smiled and shrugged.

Room Tip: You can't get a better view than in the newer towers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us.

I will check these theme you mentioned with the front desk agent who checked you in.

When guests reserve the krystal Club tower (new tower) it includes a continental breakfast in the club lounge plus wine and petit fours and snakcs during the evening.

Also guests have a $10 usd credit for the main buffet restaurant.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Cancun so when I saw a good all-inclusive deal on LivingSocial I thought it would be a fun, quick, cheap getaway for our first anniversary. We came to quickly realize that some deals are too good to be true. We were disappointed when it took 4 trips to the front desk before we got a clean room. We didn't get the king bed we were expecting (to be fair the hotel did seem close to sold out) but to have to trek up and down multiple times in order to get a room that had been cleaned and didn't have workmen in it seemed more than excessive. Upon getting a room that was clean, I was again disappointed in the overall quality of the space. There was black near every duct in the room which had me concerned, and the drop ceiling in the bathroom seemed to potentially have mold. I totally understand humidity being a major issue here...but it just seemed there was a lot of delayed maintenance in the rooms.
I was generally unimpressed with the food options until we discovered the off-property Mexican restaurant where you are required to make a reservation. That food definitely exceeded the other options.
We also found the timeshare folks that were in the hotel to be terrible. First they dressed in uniforms close to those of the actual hotel staff which is confusing. Then they tried to sell us a deal in spite of the fact that we had an all-inclusive. If we hadn't realized they were likely trying to get us to agree to a deal pitch we could have ended up like other folks having to sit through long discussions of timeshare opportunities over breakfast which would have absolutely killed the vacation.
Overall - the hotel was unimpressive, we did enjoy the hotel bar staff at the middle outside bar and a couple of our waiters. I think we quickly realized we prefer a boutique hotel in a little town that's up and coming to the resort hotel in a tourist trap city.
That said, the beach and the water nearly make up for everything else. The surroundings were stunning...if only our room could have been as well...

Room Tip: Definitely make sure you know what you're going to get. Be explicit about what you're lookin...
7  Thank Annasmw
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for writing a review.

I am sorry for have not succeded your expectations. I have checked this theme and unfortunately the front desk agent assigned you a room that was not for guests use. We have already took action of this issue.

Please let me assist you for any information.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We bought a Groupon for this hotel and after reading some of the reviews I was nervous but the hotel turned out to be great! If you are not a hotel snob, then this is a perfect resort! We stayed in a club room on the 3rd floor. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the views and balcony were amazing! The bed was large and comfortable. The 2 things I didn't like about the room was that we only had the mirror in the bathroom, no full length. But when I visited our friends' room they had a full length mirror so maybe it was just ours. The 2nd was that you needed your room key to turn on the power in the room. It always made me nervous because I didn't want to walk out of the room and forget it was in the power slot.

We ate at the breakfast buffet in Aquamarina, which was decent and to be expected of an all inclusive breakfast buffet. I thought that had a lot of choices including a made to order omelet station. We tried the room service as well and thought everything was pretty good...my husband loved the chicken fingers lol! Club sandwich was good, pasta was good, quesadillas were standard. Didn't try the other restaurants and I was disappointed because I didn't get to try the sushi bar.

We ate at El Mortero one night, pretty good food but we tried to make a reservation and they told us it was too late so we went anyway and the guy at the door gave us attitude but sat us anyway and the place was pretty much empty! Not sure why it was such a hassle. I had the sangria, guacamole, and chicken fajitas...pretty good.

The location is fantastic! Walking distance to tons of restaurants, shops, clubs, etc. Perfect!

The beach was amazing! Pool was great too! Daniel by the pool was great! Bringing us drink after drink, sometimes without us even asking!

It was a great trip. I didn't hear any music from the clubs at all from my room (I think we were in the B building. I would definitely stay here again...for the price, you cant go wrong!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the club room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chsw784
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

thank you for taking the time to write down a review from us.

Afet reading your opinion we can see youliked the services we have in the hotel. It was an honor being part of your recent holidays in Mexico.

I kindly appreciate your preference. I will check with the room division manager why we don't have the mirror you mentioned in that room. like all the other rooms do.

Hope to see you soon in a near near future!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

we got a great deal we didnt buy the timeshare vacation deal. we spent 5 days there what a wonderful time i had the food was great the staff was super super great a very special thanks to Cecilia and Christain the bar teneders in the lobby keep up the good work and also to the waiter Jorge what a awsome guy hope to see you all again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Very brief and amazing comments.

Gracias for visiting our country... We are glad to read reviews like this one.

Krystal Cancun it's waiting for you!

=)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Me and my friend went to Krystal Hotel Cancun and went out every night to every single club, and had so much FUN. We are both 21 and had the time of our life. Staff at the hotel is friendly, Paris (manager) fixed our booking problem perfectly and Mauricio (selling tickets at night for club) was such a good person. He had good deals for every night open bar. I definitely recommend this hotel.

For party people, it's about 2 minutes of walk to each and every club ! Wowwwww !

Room Tip: Just book any room and GO OUT EVERY NIGHT !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Merci beaucoup!

I remeber your stayed with us. Thank you for choosing us.

We are glad to see this kind of reviews. it is nice to see you liked the hotel and knowing we are doing a good job satisfying our guests needs.

Hope you can come back next year!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its amazing location and I wasn't disappointed at all. The beach is amazing and I was very pleased to find out the palapas on the beach were included. If you want to club this place is just steps away from all the buzz. Noise could be a huge problem if you go during springbreak. Rooms are what you should expect from such a hotel, no more, no less. King size bed was very, very confortable and I could rest extremely well.

Service in the restaurant was however, quite poor. Waiters (in a buffet ????) are just "trying too much, too hard" with constant interruptions, trying to be "too" friendly. Someone should tell them offering coffee isn't more important than whatever tourists may be chatting among themselves and that people go there to relax, not to make friends. I found quite unacceptable they went to catch up with me to BEG for a tip AFTER I had already left the restaurant. I had breakfast included (becasue there was no other way, I just needed the room because of its great location) but its variety (for a buffet) was quite poor. Boxed orange juice ??? just like a very bad hostal.

Good points with the bellboy service; quite helpful and enthousiastic without extending their hand after giving me the time. They deserve the salary increase, not the waiters.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room away from the discos and bar side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting this review.

I am deeply sorry if any member of our staff gave you a bad service. All the memebers from our staff know they can't ask for tips.

If you remember the name of the person. Please let me know to prevent from happening again.

We have regular juices from boxes and bottles (artificials) like any other hotel. As well we offer everyday in our restaurants a big variety of fresh natural juices that can be taylor made by guests.