Krystal Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
5,462 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomsushi barcoco bongoall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach baran ocean view roomclubs
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Me and my friend went to Krystal Hotel Cancun and went out every night to every single club, and had so much FUN. We are both 21 and had the time of our life. Staff at the hotel is friendly, Paris (manager) fixed our booking problem perfectly and Mauricio (selling tickets at night for club) was such a good person. He had good deals for every night open bar. I definitely recommend this hotel.

For party people, it's about 2 minutes of walk to each and every club ! Wowwwww !

Room Tip: Just book any room and GO OUT EVERY NIGHT !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Merci beaucoup!

I remeber your stayed with us. Thank you for choosing us.

We are glad to see this kind of reviews. it is nice to see you liked the hotel and knowing we are doing a good job satisfying our guests needs.

Hope you can come back next year!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its amazing location and I wasn't disappointed at all. The beach is amazing and I was very pleased to find out the palapas on the beach were included. If you want to club this place is just steps away from all the buzz. Noise could be a huge problem if you go during springbreak. Rooms are what you should expect from such a hotel, no more, no less. King size bed was very, very confortable and I could rest extremely well.

Service in the restaurant was however, quite poor. Waiters (in a buffet ????) are just "trying too much, too hard" with constant interruptions, trying to be "too" friendly. Someone should tell them offering coffee isn't more important than whatever tourists may be chatting among themselves and that people go there to relax, not to make friends. I found quite unacceptable they went to catch up with me to BEG for a tip AFTER I had already left the restaurant. I had breakfast included (becasue there was no other way, I just needed the room because of its great location) but its variety (for a buffet) was quite poor. Boxed orange juice ??? just like a very bad hostal.

Good points with the bellboy service; quite helpful and enthousiastic without extending their hand after giving me the time. They deserve the salary increase, not the waiters.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room away from the discos and bar side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting this review.

I am deeply sorry if any member of our staff gave you a bad service. All the memebers from our staff know they can't ask for tips.

If you remember the name of the person. Please let me know to prevent from happening again.

We have regular juices from boxes and bottles (artificials) like any other hotel. As well we offer everyday in our restaurants a big variety of fresh natural juices that can be taylor made by guests.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Although the hotel sits on an awsome part of the beach there are several things you must consider. On Tuesdays the property next door has a club that plays loud music on the beach until 5AM;and yes you might as well bring some ear plugs if you are staying in the 3000 building. You will hear the music from 9am to 6pm everyday. The service was great out at the pool and dining room. As far as food quality its just average and will keep you alive during your stay. The staff was nice and provided all the information we needed. The hotel is located near several clubs and shopping. The resort has potential but needs to address the music and keeping the food hot.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the 3000 building can't say you were not warned
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this opinion in tripadvisor.

We have only18 rooms located in the tower D (we have 4 towers) that are close to 1 nightclub that makes a party every tuesday night. At the moment we are working on a soundproof system in those rooms.

Guests can ask in their check in about. this information. In the other 3 towers inlcuiding the new tower (krystal club) We don't have that problem.

I am sorry for the experience you had with us

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just returned yesterday from a week long stay at the Krystal. I've been to Cancun many many times over the years and seen the many changes in the area. I mainly chose the Krystal because of the beautiful stretch of beach it on, its location on the strip and that it's not a solely an all inclusive resort. I'm not a big fan of the all-inclusive scene i find them a tremendous waste and I was sorry to see most resorts in Cancun fall into this category.
With that said I was not disappointed with my say at all. I booked a Club Room which came with a continental breakfast each day served in the 'Club Room' on the 8th floor in the main building. I thought the view from my room was amazing. WOW. The staff was very friendly each morning and the breakfast was fine. This service extended to the beach palapas as well. The staff was friendly and forthcoming.
My room was just as it was pictured on the travelosity website. The view was amazing. It felt a little gritty though and not as clean as it could be but everything in the room was in working order. On the morning I was leaving water began to pour out of a light fixture in the bathroom. I guess this is a common occurrence since it was in a few reviews i just read. Very glad I wasn't standing under it at the time.
My only major issue with this property was the noise. There are clubs along the beach and every night there was music blaring until well after 4am. On my last night there was also a party out by the pool music blaring until well after midnight. It did make it difficult to sleep
I wasn't bothered by 'Time Share People' but being from NYC i do give off a very distinct don't bother me vibe. The hotel bar did close at 11 but there are so many clubs and bars in the immediate vicinity it really didn't matter.
Overall I feel I got what I paid for staying at the Krystal. I'm not sure I would stay there again but I was happy with the experience.

Room Tip: i might opt to stay in the main building. It's further away from the Beach Club noise at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank genntonik

Thank you for have been choosing Krystal Cancun.

Please give me your travel dates in order to check the inconveneinces you had in your check out.

You're opinion its very accurate regaring the use of the all inlcusive plan... I am glad to see this kind of opinions.

Let me mention to you that we are working in different kinf of soundproofing systems some rooms that are close to 1 nightclub.

Sometimes i see reviews that our hotel is close to the nightclubs. But let me assure you that is 5 minutes walking distance. We only have 1 nightclub next to us. and there is where we are working on.

Please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Let's start with check-in

Check in: It's at 3. Upon checking in, we were taken to a room that clearly was not ready; beds were disheveled. Oddly, there was no tv in that room, which I thought was standard.

Anyhow, we wound up being sent to two other rooms and had the same issue. On top of that the keys didn't work, so it took a bit of waiting and going back and forth to get a working key and actually get into our room.

Rooms: When we finally were able to settle into our room, we were pleased. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and housekeeping did a good job. I'm not a fan of the rainfall showerhead, but that's me, the bathroom was kept clean and that's all that matters here. Also, only shampoo and lotion are provided as toiletries and you must request face towels, which is a bit annoying, but at least they have them.

Restaurants: Las Velas is small and buffet style without much selection, but it gets the job done.
The Aquamarina is the main buffet and has more selection, but the service is pretty bad. There was one memorable lunch service that was a complete [--]. About 3 servers tended to our table during the course of our meal. There were 6 of us, so we still managed to enjoy ourselves in spite of this as the horrific service became a running joke. There were probably only 3 or four other tables for the servers to tend to while we were there, so it wasn't like they were dealing with a restaurant full of diners.

Anyhow, to keep this as short as I can, I will just highlight the fact that I didn't receive my correct entree until we finished our desserts. I do want to give a shout out to Isle (I hope I got her name right I'm terrible with those), she was a doll during our stay. She was always very helpful and she came in to save the day during this terrible service as the other 2 waiters seemed to be avoiding our table as to not have to face how inept they were.

El Mortero is their a la carte restaurant that never seems to have availability, despite the fact it was mostly empty when we did finally get a reservation. It was very frustrating getting the run-around with getting a reservation (couldn't get one on my birthday) only to find about 3 or 4 other parties seated the duration of our dinner--inexcusable! Also, whomever was taking the reservations was rude. When we tried to make a reservation the guy hung up on us because we were asking questions that I guess he felt he was too busy to answer.

It's really unfortunate that I have to say anything negative about this restaurant because the food was delicious, our servers were attentive, and the Mariachi band provided wonderful entertainment.

Grounds and Location: Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful beach, nice pools, and plenty of chairs. The beach food and drink service was spotty, but it's nice that it was even available for those of us too lazy to get up and walk over to the beach bars,you just gotta be willing to wait for a bit.

We chose this resort because of it's location, it's at the corner of the "7," walking distance to the main clubs, bars, and good shopping. So, we only really spent our days at the resort. Our evenings belonged to the nightlife available outside of the resort.

I really wish I could give this place more stars because the location is perfect and even thinking about being on the grounds makes me happy. But, they are very unaccommodating here and as I mentioned above, their service is oftentimes cringe-worthy.

Misc: There are safes in the room--use them. No issues with anything being taken because I put things I cared about in the safe. I do believe one of my bags might have been opened, I could be wrong, and besides nothing was missing. But as a matter of due course, lock up valuables, it's just a wise thing to do anywhere really.

I was surprisingly pleased with room service. I only made use of it twice, but it was prompt enough for me and I do believe the shrimp cocktail I ordered was the best I ever tasted.

I recommend this place for folks who want a comfortable place to sleep, but intend to explore Cancun, or do other activities. I'm not certain I would be as pleased with this place if I wanted a resort vacation of the type where I never left the resort grounds. I think this hotel tends to attract the former given its location, imo.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nomad J

Thank you for sharing us your experience in Krystal Cancun.

I am truly amazed by some points you mentioned, like no tv in the room, someone hung up on you, some open your bag. I haven't herad anything of that during this year in the hotel.

Please allow me to assisit you in these issues.

I am on call all the time for any guest in the hotel. Any member of the staff knows that when a guest ask for me, i am always going to be available for them.