“Excellent location, terrible service”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #69 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago
“Excellent location, terrible service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and in terms of location it was perfect. The room we got was one of the worst ones on the floor because it by the generators that keep the rooms cool. Therefore, there was a lot of noise going on. However, we were there for Spring Break so we didn't let it ruin our vacation. Service was horrible. Whenever we had a question ( like how to order a pizza, or light wouldn't turn on, etc) or had an issue nobody knew or did anything and language was not the issue since we were all native speakers. There was a lady that sold us the tour packages and she was actually really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are the worst especially on the side of the parking lot. If you have t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gmsr86
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank your for this feedback.

I really want to apologize for the lack of service you experiences. I assure you that i will take immediately action to this problems.

Please feel free to contact me, i would like to know more about your travel dates and your room number.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm writing this review for sexy Ceci (Cecilia), Xavier, and nanguse. They were the best , best bartenders I have met in Cancun by far. I had tons of fun especially with their help, will def go back if they are there.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Kennyo90
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Gracias for sharing this review in tripadvisor.

I will show this post to the staff you mentioned. They work very hard to satisfy our guest needs.

We want to thank you as well for your preference.

See you soon!
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel was the best choice i could have chosen for three 18 year old girls. It literally was the closest you can get to the strip of about 8 insane clubs. If you are looking to party, meet up with the people who work there that gather other people and plan to go to a certain club with the other young people from the hotel, its a blast. Nice rooms, nice beach, great people, insane week. Love it here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank akathrynlea P
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for writing this comment.

Sounds greaat hearing that you enjoyed your recent holidays.

One the best things of Krystal Cancun is its location... And i know you liked and experienced the awesome nightlife...

Gracias
Chicago
Reviewed March 29, 2013

So, just like everyone else, I was a little hesitant to book a room based on some of the mixed reviews. But I decided to go with the Krystal strictly due to budget concerns. I knew their beach was nice, so I went ahead and booked a club room for a few days (I hear the rooms in the other tower are not as nice, so this reviewi s for the Club level only)
Just look at the pics, this is a clean, modern hotel right on one of the best stretches of beach in Cancun. I also have to say that the staff was incredible...Everyone really went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. And you cant beat the price. I didn't even realize I booked the all inclusive...I assumed the price was for the room only! (about $200 / night through orbitz)
Negatives: The breakfast buffet was terrible (although the mexican restaurant included was fantastic) Also, the drinks were not great, but then again, I didnt even realize food and drink was free when I booked it, so as far as I'm concerned it was a win win situation.
Bottom line, if you are looking to go to cancun on a budget, then go to the Krystal...just make sure to shell out the extra $40 / night for a club room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BfromChicago
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thankk you for this review...

I have already checked your inputs with the managers involved.

Also i would like to tell you how much i liked your pics...

They are great... Hurry Back! =)
Sousse, Tunisia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The room was clean, the bathroom was gorgeous with a separate shower cabin and large bathtub, the balcony was very large but no chairs to sit out there and enjoy the view. We stayed on the 4th floor of the main building facing the water. Sunrises and sunsets were both gorgeous. It was December so not incredibly hot and it was rather windy a lot of the time. One day it actually rained on us. We had all inclusive wristbands and ordered room service one night....it was so bad. Disgusting, actually. We were drunk too, and still couldn't eat it!

The self-service restaurant, however, was divine!!!! Every day there were new options and home made ice cream.....omg....one dinner we went and JUST ate ice cream..lol! One lunch we ate at the outdoor terrace restaurant. That was bland...just burgers and fries...i think I had a salad too.

The beach was very clean and there were lots of chairs under the permanent straw umbrellas available. There was also wait service on the beach but running in to the poolside bar to grab our drinks was faster.

Krystal Hotel is located on the NE tip of the tourist area which makes getting to other parts of loooooong beach expensive or time consuming because there are only a few public entrances. Each resort has their own color wrist band and the staff all seem to have 20/20 vision, spotting non-guests a mile away! Even us girls didn't get away with it. This adds a sense of safety, however.

Walking south from the hotel you'll come up on several very good nightclubs. You can insist on "entrance only" wristband for free...we managed to get them at every bar except for Coco Bongo (which had a ridiculous $25 entrance fee!) Just a couple buildings away from the hotel is Mandala....absolutely great open air disco. Nothing worse than all you can drink + stuffy dance floor, imo!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AnotherLovelySunset
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for writing down this review.

I am really sorry i didn't see what was expensive in this post?

Gracias for your preference. I am glad to see you liked the hotel.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights over Christmas. We booked a club room with an ocean view. The room was really new and modern with nice trimmings. We booked a king bed room (but as was the case throughout most of Mexico) they could only give us a room with two doubles, which was ok. The bathroom was nice, with nice towels and shampoos. The view was incredible, definitely worth the extra cost with the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. We would watch the sun set from our room. These rooms should be aired out on arrival as smelled a tad musty.

This type of room had its own check in on another level which was good as there was no wait. There was also breakfast and light evening appetizers served in the same area which was nice. This area was also ocean facing.The staff were all very friendly and helpful, calling up reception on our checkout as we had left something behind in the room, thank you!!

The pool area was great, lots of room for everyone to swim and sit. Can borrow towels down at the pool if required (but make sure you return them or you will be charged). The awesome cabanas on the beach are also worth trying to get to spend a day on, the beach opens at 7am so race down ASAP to nab one, other people left their belongings on them to reserve them which I thought was a bit rude and didn't even turn up until the afternoon! Overall a great stay, wish we had longer here! (Also the buffet was pretty average for the cost, and stay away from all the cocktails except the Pina Coladas).

Room Tip: Ocean facing!!
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AEM967
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Muchas gracias for this contribution...

It means a lot this post... I am seeing you are a big contibutor in tripadvisor.

Congratulations sir... Means you travel a lot.

I really appreciate for your preference.

See you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Krystal is MY kind of place. I like to relax and take it easy. So, I have stayed at the Krystal 3-4 times. That said, I don't go during spring Break. I usally don't go all inclusive. There are way too mant great places to eat while I'm here. The Hacienda Mortero is a fantastic place to eat. Also there are many taco joints that have some of my money.

The Krystal has very nice views, Good drinks, Very friendly staff. It's just a little too noisy here during Spring Break. If You want to party, Drink and be busy It's for You during spring. I try to get away from the ice and snow up north. I am and I will be going back to the Krystal.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the breakfast on the 6th floor. Quiet and high up.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron R
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Yes spring break is a very busy season for all the Cancun hotels.

Our hotel as many others have a lot of policies to prevent any kind of inconveniences. Unfortunately some others are out of our hands.

Anyway... Gracias for sharing your opinion and for your preference.