“Beautiful hotel on the beach”
Review of Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun
Ranked #69 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Auckland, New Zealand
“Beautiful hotel on the beach”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights over Christmas. We booked a club room with an ocean view. The room was really new and modern with nice trimmings. We booked a king bed room (but as was the case throughout most of Mexico) they could only give us a room with two doubles, which was ok. The bathroom was nice, with nice towels and shampoos. The view was incredible, definitely worth the extra cost with the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. We would watch the sun set from our room. These rooms should be aired out on arrival as smelled a tad musty.

This type of room had its own check in on another level which was good as there was no wait. There was also breakfast and light evening appetizers served in the same area which was nice. This area was also ocean facing.The staff were all very friendly and helpful, calling up reception on our checkout as we had left something behind in the room, thank you!!

The pool area was great, lots of room for everyone to swim and sit. Can borrow towels down at the pool if required (but make sure you return them or you will be charged). The awesome cabanas on the beach are also worth trying to get to spend a day on, the beach opens at 7am so race down ASAP to nab one, other people left their belongings on them to reserve them which I thought was a bit rude and didn't even turn up until the afternoon! Overall a great stay, wish we had longer here! (Also the buffet was pretty average for the cost, and stay away from all the cocktails except the Pina Coladas).

Room Tip: Ocean facing!!
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AEM967
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Muchas gracias for this contribution...

It means a lot this post... I am seeing you are a big contibutor in tripadvisor.

Congratulations sir... Means you travel a lot.

I really appreciate for your preference.

See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Krystal is MY kind of place. I like to relax and take it easy. So, I have stayed at the Krystal 3-4 times. That said, I don't go during spring Break. I usally don't go all inclusive. There are way too mant great places to eat while I'm here. The Hacienda Mortero is a fantastic place to eat. Also there are many taco joints that have some of my money.

The Krystal has very nice views, Good drinks, Very friendly staff. It's just a little too noisy here during Spring Break. If You want to party, Drink and be busy It's for You during spring. I try to get away from the ice and snow up north. I am and I will be going back to the Krystal.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the breakfast on the 6th floor. Quiet and high up.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron R
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Yes spring break is a very busy season for all the Cancun hotels.

Our hotel as many others have a lot of policies to prevent any kind of inconveniences. Unfortunately some others are out of our hands.

Anyway... Gracias for sharing your opinion and for your preference.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wow, so blown away by the great service and clean rooms. I went with my boyfriend for the last 8 days for our spring break. We returned last night and are very sad to be back because our stay was so pleasant. We didn't really know what to expect paying all this money upfront for flights and all inclusive and not talking to anyone over the phone when booking but this was by far the best trip i have ever gone on. The locals are SO friendly and kind welcoming you into their country. The hotel staff was very accommodating and just about EVERYTHING was included and delicious! All the restraunts included were fresh and had great service. The staff was kind and helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel. The location was perfect and had a great balance of relaxation and party. It wasn't to rowdy AT all. The area is very clean i will definitely be going back. The rooms were amazing and had the best view of them all...oh and its the most beautiful beach i have ever been too and im from sandiego! What made our trip was a special local we met walking along the beach. His name is Leon and he had great advice and trips to visit for the best prices around. I recommend asking around for him. He was awesome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bella428_13
WoW! Gracias...

This is a great post. Sometimes i read some reviews that are the opposite that are less of course and i don't understand very well what is going on...

But i know for sure we serve a good quality product and an awesome service for our guests.

Hurry Back!
Crowley, Louisiana
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was my first stay at Krystal Cancun and I was very impressed with this resort! The beach is gorgeous and the pool area is awesome. The Krystal is right on the beach and easily accessible, no long walks carrying all your beach stuff! Plenty of chairs for everyone. The resort is located within walking distance of all the popular attractions. Senior Frogs was a blast! We arrived late and was greeted by Alex who assisted us and made our check in easy and unstressful. We then mentioned that we were going to make a trip to Wal-Mart to do our shopping for the week. Alex was just getting off for the night and very graciously offered to come with us and see that we got there OK, he even walked around the store with us and explained prices and products, I've never had this type of service ever at any hotel or resort! Thru our whole stay, Alex was there making sure that we were happy and having fun. My Spanish is not at all good so Alex once again came to my rescue and personally escorted me to the spa and helped me schedule an appointment for a massage. I also met Lorraina, the resort photographer, she was very nice and easy to talk to. She always stopped and talked to us, even when she was busy doing her job. She made taking pictures fun and is an excellent photographer. I loved all the animals she brought to take pictures with, especially the beautiful birds. Lorraina made sure that we received our pictures before our departure. Everyone on the property was friendly and helpful and I plan to return for another visit to paradise as soon as possible. Oh! and my bed was very comfy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank mmorgan_11
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Muchas muchas gracias for submitting this awesome review.

Please feel free to contact me if you want to come back. Let me handle your next stay.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just returned from a four night stay at this hotel, and were previously worried about some of the negative reviews on here. Upon arrival and during our stay, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with finding tours and where to go at night. They made our stay very enjoyable. We stayed in the old tower without an ocean view. The room was comfortable, kept clean and well stocked throughout our stay. The only complaint about the bathroom was that there was only half a door covering the whole shower and that the floor outside would always get wet. The room service was slow, and took a while for our food to arrive.
The lobby of the hotel looked new and well kept. However, if you put too many people in the elevator the elevator would get stuck and the staff would have to pry the doors open to get people out. We would see this happen just about once a day and quickly knew better then to let too many people on our elevator.
The beach was beautiful, and we loved the beds and chairs on the beach. Having the bar located right on the beach was very convenient, as we did not have to go all the way back up to the pool area again. The bartenders worked very hard to accommodate everyone even when there was a large crowd waiting for a drink.
The location of the hotel was one of the best aspects of the hotel, it was within walking distance to restaurants and clubs. (we did take the bus to further places for $1 each way, or you may pay in pesos)
The worst part of the experience was the food, we did the all inclusive, It was good for the drinks but the food lacked variety every day. Being a vegetarian, there were little to no options for me besides the fruit and salad. Most of the potatoes and pasta that were offered in the buffet had meat in it, therefore I do not think I made much use of the all inclusive. The others in my group also said the food was just okay and could have been better. The best bet is to go to the mexican restaurant down the street, El Montero, and eat there for dinner. They offer a good selection for all inclusive including drinks. Since they only take a select number of reservations, make the reservation at the front desk early.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank RebeccaAlexa
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing this opinion in tripadvisor.

I am aware there is always work to do and let me assure you that we are continously working and checking what we can do better for our guests.

I kindly appreciate your preference.

See you soon!
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I stayed at Krystal for a week during spring break and went all inclusive (not spring breakers).The beach and pool area was nice with 3 outside bars and ample seats / cabana like beds. The drinks from the bars were average but did the trick, they are served in small plastic cups, you can order from a list of cocktails, get beer on tap or simply ask for what you want, I.e give me 2 shots of tequila in a cup etc. We stayed in the A tower with a great ocean view. Our rooms air conditioning was horrid, rarely getting the room below 25 degrees Celsius ( a common problem by the look of other reviews) There was damaged tiling and partially exposed electrical sockets in our room. The pillows were hard and uncomfortable. Housekeeping was generally good but without exception forgot to restock or clean 1 different thing every day. The separate El Montero restaurant was amazing in all ways and we were able to get a reservation every time we tried. The breakfast and lunch buffets were absolute sloppy garbage. The room service food was better. The hotel is conveniently located within 1 minutes walk to all of the nightclubs in cancun hotel zone. The staff were all polite and friendly. This resort is an aging 3.5 star hotel but we were satisfied as it is generally cheaper to stay here than other hotels. You get what you pay for, we were generally satisfied.

Pros: great beach, short walk to all nightclubs, cheaper, friendly staff

Cons: aging, average, lots of little issues that add up in the end

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Weallwearmasks
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing this opinion through this website.

I am deeply sorry of the conditions of the buffet display you mentioned. Based in your review i can check with the restaurant manager regarding this big issue...

We are going to supervise this theme properly.

Gracias,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our stay for a week at the Krystal Cancun was wonderful. The staff, especially Alex and Lorena, were always very helpful and accomodating. They made our stay very enjoyable. Look forward to going back very soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Gracias for chossing Cancun as your recent destination.

I am glad to see you liked our product and that you are willing to come back again to krystal

Please contact me... I want to handle your next stay with us,,,,

We will more than happy assisting you.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com