If you plan to stay at the Krystal Cancún, beware of the cheating staff! It started out great, warm welcome at the entrance from a guy "Alex". Afterwards we had to go to 8th floor to the "VIP check in". After the check in we went to our room with an ocean view (really nice), and an OK nice room and bathroom and flat screen tv (didn't use it, so don't know if it really worked or not). Shortly after we recieved a bottle of champagne and a cake to share (apparantly they thought we were on honey moon - tell them the same when you book, then you'll probably get it as well). The view from the 8th floor where we had breakfast is really beautiful. The bali beds on the beach are also worth getting up early for. But from this it just went down hill:
- The hotel is located in the "cheap end" of the hotel zone, and our room with the beautiful ocean view was fine, but the hotel's nabours are really loud - partying all night and day. But if you're into loud music 24/7, this is perfect for you.
- We booked a table at the Italian restaurant, but when we came back we couldn't get a table outside as we asked for. Why? We couldn't book a table (why not just tell us this when we booked it?). We were seated inside instead, but shortly after we were told to find another table, because the table we sat at were taken/reserved (what!?). After a short discussion we kept our table. At the end of the service the staff put 50 Pesos on the cheque as a tip. We always tip when we think they deserve it, but we want to decide the amount for ourselves, this was SO rude and wrong (confirmed by the front desk manager later on). So be sure to double check your cheque before you pay!
- The beach bar (which is really expensive and has a really bad service) didn't give us our change when we ordered to Coronas. We had to yell at the staff to get his attention and ask for our change back. Took him about 5 minutes... And then he didn't even give us all our money back, so we had to ask him again for ALL our change money back. They had a seriously bad attitude!
- The other restaurant charged us for two large bottles of water for our lunch, we only had to very small bottles. After the two other incidences we were not sure wether this was a fortunate mistake, or another attempt to rip us off.
- The 2nd morning we were woken by some really loud knocking on our door at 6 in the morning (when we were sleeping), and some rude staff member (maybe a security guard) yelled something in mexican, something about "ropas" (clothes), so we went outside and took our 3 pieces of clothes inside (were hanging on the beach chairs outside to dry. After this they went away again. Great. Maybe the hotel should tell their guests not to hang clothes outside, or at the least wait untill we are awake, no need to wake us up about this!
- The last day we wanted to complain about the unfortunate events above (except for the music, this wasn't their fault) and spoke with the front desk manager (asked for the hotel manager, but he wasn't available). He was sorry about the incidents and called the restaurant and bar manager who didn't even looked at us. He told him about the incidents and he went to talk with the staff (so they said). The front desk manager then asked us to write the incidents down on a paper (we had just explained it to him for 15 minutes). But okay, we could write the things down and bring the letter back later. We went to our room to get our money for lunch (anywhere else but at the hotel), but couldn't get in - none of the key cards didn't work! The housekeeping were right next door, so we asked them if they could let us in, which they did (without any asking - bit scary of the lack of security). We went inside and got our money and went to The Hard Rock Café for lunch. When we came back we went to the reception to tell them about the key cards, and a lazy, not very happy, woman scanned the cards and gave them back: "Now they work". Ok, great. We went outside to relax by the pool for some hours. After the last dip in the pool it was really cold and the sun came down so we wanted to go to the room for a nice warm bath... But did the key cards work? NO. We went to the reception AGAIN (all wet and in shorts and bikini - the clothes were inside the room now that we couldn't leave it outside). The same grumpy lady in the front desk asked a colleague to go with us to our room to fix the door. Took him about 45 minutes to get us in. I wanted to get some fresh air inside, and then realized, that the sliding door was unlocked and we didn't do it, could only be the housekeeping that forgot to lock it. Not cool! After all this we wasted over 1 hour of our last day of our vacation and didn't want to waste another minute on the hotel writing the complaints. But here you go! And after all this, they still made us pay for the two really expensive bottles of water we drank in the room...
Other smaller things we didn't complain about: dead cockroaches on the floor and boring breakfast selection. The only true and friendly staff member was one of the guys who handles luggage - unfortunately I don't remember his name, but he seemed "real" and wasn't trying to steal our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Krystal Cancun offers the best of both worlds. It is in the prime area of Punta Cancun - the heart of the activities and entertainment district of Cancun - yet once you step through our doors, leave the hustle and bustle of the world behind as you relax on our stretch of white sand beach, take a dip in our hotel's panoramic pool, or enjoy a massage at the spa or even better, abandon yourself in our beach bali beds. Everything you could need or want is at your fingertips and our goal is to ensure your ultimate relaxation. Our resort's stunning rooms and suites have been designed for every kind of traveler in mind, from our family rooms, which provides more space, to our ocean view guest rooms, to our suites - including the master and presidential suites which have their own private pools! We'll tantalize your palate with a wide range of cuisines in our three restaurants, cool your thirst at our three bars, ease your wallet with our affordable all-inclusive plan, and even handle all of the details for your meeting, conference, wedding, or group event. When it's time to get away from it all, come to Cancun and let us pamper you at the Krystal Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Krystal Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Krystal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Nh Hotels Cancun
- Nh Krystal Cancun Hotel
- Krystal Hotel Cancun
- Nh Krystal Hotel Cancun