Flamingo Cancun Resort
$538
$249
$190
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
  • Pool
$150
$101
3,165 results
All reviewsla fuentealbatross restaurantoutback steakhousepool barmall across the streetall inclusive optionjunior suitequiet poolhotel zoneocean view roombuffet restaurantnachoscoco bongobeautiful beachflea marketlounge chairsbeach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you are looking for good value in a hotel this is it. It is a small, friendly hotel. We stayed in the family room which had ocean front. It was awesome waking up in the morning an walking out onto the beach. It is an older hotel but they keep it very clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is across the street from a mall and the bus stops in front of the hotel. Overall I would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: pick ocean front. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I arrived late at night with our three children. The hotel that we had reserved, was overbooked, so we were slotted here.
The room was elegant with a large balcony directly on the beach. The children were placed next to us with an adjoining door.
Needless to say, we fell in love. There was a small mall on the other size of the street and we had everything we needed.
Although they don't usually provide a meal or alcohol plan, they did for us. They did everything
possible to make our stay enjoyable.
Bob O

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. You will never forget it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KanataBob
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Just returned and had a very enjoyable time. Hotel is small enough that you can get from your room to the dining room, pool or beach without having to walk 15 minutes. Room was clean, bed was clean and very comfortable and we always had hot water, great showers and lots of clean fresh towels. This is one of the older hotels on the strip and is therefore closer to the bar scene...you can walk it...approximately 20 minutes or you can hop on the bus which stops directly in front for 10 pesos. Considering the low cost, we definetly got our moneys worth. Breakfast in the buffet was always good and as others mentioned you can get omelettes prepared to your liking - similar to other resorts; Yogourt and fresh fruit; sweet breads, cereals...something for everyone - oh and yes the french toast..so good. We tended to eat at the sit down restaurant for lunch and loved the caprese salad, avocado salad, grilled grouper and fish tacos. Food was good and fresh and 200% better than anywhere we've eaten in Cuba.

Beach is definetly 5 star and nicer than the beach area near the 5 star resorts. There is a lot of beach erosion the farther south you walk. You can walk north for about 5k...beautiful. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for a relaxing quiet get away. There were no real activities to speak of other than beach volleyball and no loud music blaring but the positive side to this is that you were not disturbed by that either.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank M&H_from_Montreal
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We paid extra for a delux room online. Nice photo of an ocean view room on the website. Got to our room and got a not so nice view of the street. Windows, mirrors, and bathroom glass all very dirty. Complained at the front desk about our room and paying more for the view and he said there are 2 different delux rooms and we would have to pay more if we wanted the one with a view. Well the website does not offer you a choice, and had a photo of the the delux room with an ocean view. This is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! And a scam that they make you pay more to upgrade to a room at the hotel when you already upgraded and paid more for. Also when we talked to the front desk he said we could have an ocean view room if we wanted but no wifi for the same price if we didnt want to pay the extra charge to have both. Disappointed with the room, dishonesty of the website and customer service.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank jkcl4
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Looking around, people clearly have mixed experiences here. From what I saw it all seems to be about managing your expectations based on what you have paid. This isn't a 5-star resort, but is a very comfortable and good value hotel in a great location.

For my week, I was lucky to secure an excellent rate for a beach-side Suite. The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable and the view amazing. It was a little old, but kept clean every day with coffee and fridge regularly re-stocked.

Traveling on my own, I'm the kind of person who is very happy to speak to strangers. I made some great friends on this trip - couples, friends and others traveling alone. We all hung out at the hotel during the day and went out at night, with people enjoying their own time or day trips when they wanted to.

The location really was amazing. Very close to the main 'strip' of the resort for those wanting to enjoy the nightlife. Having spent the first couple days walking the beach in either direction, this hotel has one of the nicest parts. The beach is wide, not too crowded and the sea is very accessible. This side of the Hotel Zone seemed to have much nicer waters than to the North.

Food wasn't amazing, but was more than acceptable for the rates paid. There was a degree of repetition during the week, however the low rate made it very affordable and worthwhile eating elsewhere a few times. The breakfast deserves particular mention as it was always the meal highlight of the day - the freshly made omelettes and French toast were excellent.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay considering the price paid. I didn't not have, see or hear about any of the problems some others have reported about rude staff or pushy sales people.

I would return to Cancun again for a great mixture of chilling our during the day, accessibility to more cultural areas of Mexico, and a great night life. The Flamingo would be at the top of my list for a re-visit based on traveling alone and the money I'm willing to spend.

Room Tip: The 'Junior Suite' I had was lovely and well worth it if you can get a good rate (I secured one that was lower than even the standard beach-view rooms thanks to a long stay and booking ahead). If you can't get one of these, the beach-view rooms friends had that I saw were noticeably nicer than the standard ones.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo