“Quality with cheap price”

Flamingo Cancun Resort
Ranked #74 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed December 26, 2013

5 nights in all inclusive resort. Nice end to our three week holiday!! Helpful staff, Thanks Roberto in the lobby and Jorge in the poolbar!!! You did great job!! Room was clean and huge, food tasty and all services just worked well!! Highly recommend this hotel to people who want to have 5 stars experience in low cost! Good location, by bus 3 mins. to party/shopping zone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ninza1974

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The room is a bit dated. Location is really great and view of the beach for the sunrise was nice. Pool area was in the middle of the hotel and was relaxing. Lots of kids and the crowd tended to be people other than Americans. The price was cheap so I assume the Americans choose the more up market places.

DO NOT use the ATM in the lobby. It charges USD$30 to withdraw cash and is a complete rip off. I'm used to paying $5 or so and just pressed the accept fee button and got the nasty surprise on my receipt. The staff were very apologetic and they recommend people use one across the street. Management really need to do something about this!!! Yes the bank charges the fee but you have accepted that it's in your hotel. Fix this or properly sign post it. I'd rather give your nice staff a tip than pay the bank.

Other than that the resort was fine for the one night we stayed (passing though). It's a little dated but was cheap in comparison. You get what you paid for

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank 84Sydney
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am delighted I chose this property for my trip. I traveled from Dec 14 to Dec 19. I had a wonderful experience. The service is really good, the staff are very friendly. Few tips - don't go for the all inclusive package. Just go with only breakfast. There is whole lot to eat in the neighborhood or in downtown (take route 1 or route 2 = Per trip 9 peso in the bus which is less than a dollar). Next to Flamingo itself there is whole lot to do. Go to Flamingo Plaza or two blocks away is the La Isla Plaza. If you are booking your rooms with Ocean view, one tip - ask for rooms in the higher floor.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get rooms facing the ocean, you need to push them to get it at no extra cost.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bhaskar V
Reviewed December 16, 2013

well a shorter trip this time only ten days, but it seemed much longer, no stress vacation, the resort staff made us once again feel like royalty. We are repeat visitors and were greeted by a nice upgrade as they promised and had all our needs quickly handled.

Room Tip: We like the main floor junior suits but quite frankly if you like ocean view most of these rooms fit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry N
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My room was dirty and the photos were not what the room actually looked like. My experience with the staff was somewhat unpleasant. The location was pretty good though. Maybe it was the season I went to Cancun, but the price was way too high for what it was.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Galia V
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked the Hotel Flamingo through Groupon Getaways and had a good experience. This was my first time to Cancun and I was looking for a place that was safe, had a good location, was on the beach, and had amenities such as pool and hot tub. I found the Flamingo satisfied all of those needs.

The Flamingo uses traditional, Spanish inspired architecture - many of the corridors are open air and the building itself is only 6 stories. The building is painted white and is wider than it is tall. This is in contrast to some of the more "Americanized" resorts that are towers with large windows and balconies.

Because of the very low price I paid, I didn't expect to get an ocean view. If that were important to me, upgrading to an ocean view would only have cost an additional $35/night. Rooms are very basic - which is a good thing when you're looking to minimize the cost you spend in a hotel - you should be out in Cancun, not sitting in a hotel :). My room had all tile floor, a simple chest of drawers, a 32" flat screen TV with basic cable offerings, night stand, floor lamp, two chair and a small table. When you first enter the room, there is a small hallway with a closet on the right and the bathroom on the left.

Facilities were kept clean. I always saw maintenance workers trimming plants, paiting, mopping, etc. to ensure hallways and common areas were clean.

I would not recommend the all inclusive option for your entire stay. There are too many excellent dining choices near the hotel. The money you save from not doing all inclusive can be applied to meals at any of the outside dining establishments. I would recommend doing the all-inclusive for the last two or three days of your stay. The hotel has a buffet and a sit-down restaurant. I personally only used the buffet during my stay, but the food was always hot and the variety was good. Both times I went, I experienced excellent service from an attentive staff. Prices were reasonable $15 for dinner, $10 for breakfast.

Finally, I would recommend looking at Llomas Travel - they are right inside the hotel. I booked three tours with them for under $300 - a speed boat / atv outing, snorkeling with lobster dinner, and Mayan Ruins. The Llomas Travel personnel provide transportation, snacks, and light refreshments. I found them to be very informative and flexible with tour dates, etc.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced the street (because I booked through Groupon and paid ~$70/night. This didn...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Patrick V
Reviewed December 4, 2013

after paying the extra $$ for the junior suite, and then learning that the regular rooms don't have a fridge...glad we paid the extra money, although the day after we arrived, they ran out of bottled water, and our fridge was never restocked after that. room was very clean, fresh linens everyday. room attendants aimed to please, tipped them everyday. had a coffee maker, and a safe. air conditioner worked, but the fan didn't. it was liveable. all staff was outstanding. places to eat, buffet style. the other restaurant, was for lunch and dinner, and you had to reserve the day of. Albatros was excellent. smaller portions, but you had some better selection. Jose was maître d there. he was fabulous. buffet Luis Jorge were awesome. all the staff was outstanding. the buffet had pretty good times when open. you learned what was there, and you worked with what you had. the pool bar opened @ 10, so if you missed buffet, you could get hamburgers/hot dogs/fries there. Giovany was great. remembered what we were drinking, and we were never without. music was played by Tarik. he was the greatest person. he had so much energy, you couldn't help but get energized with him around. he called bingo and water volleyball, and beach volleyball. he was very social. the night time bar, opened at 4, and the pool bar closed down @ 5. so there was a little over lap. Jorge was there serving drinks for the 7 nights we were there. he was great. talked about a lot of things. knew how to keep the conversation going. we don't know a lot of Spanish, so it was nice to speak to an 'english' speaking bartender. he taught us some bar tricks, and we taught him some card tricks. Eli was super too. ask for the 'ticket to flight' or the 'bahama mama'. good drinks. tequila never stopped. the hotel didn't have a lot of 'extras' you had a mall across the street, good prices. MARGARITIVILLE, BUBBA GUMPS, OUTBACK, across the street....SENIOR FROGS just down the road. bigger mall to the left of the hotel, about 2 blocks. great location for the hotel. to the right, you had the couple of 'flea markets' buses are cheap. as I said before, you find out what you have, and work with it. they were doing work on the hotel, but as any establishment, there is upkeep. that's how you keep it up and running. they do have massage on site, but never tried it. $1 per minute. we even got to release baby turtles. that was the best. right on the hotel site. weather was warm, we missed the week of rain previous week. I am sure I missed something, but I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: you have a choice of ocean view, or street or pool noise. take your pick. if you like watching the c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple